7313 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.angeliniosteria.com/
- Phone: 3232970070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino Angelini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Angelini Osteria Catering specializes in custom designed events. Whether a large wedding or an intimate dinner party our menu will bring Chef Gino Angelini's heart and soul into your home.
Contact us at email@example.com
A word from Angelini Osteria
Known for manning the stoves at high-end restaurants Rex and Vincenti, Chef Gino Angelini is dishing out quality Italian fare at his own place. Even the most been-there-ate-that gourmand will savor the simple, yet sublime starters, from the paper-thin pizzas to the steamed mussels and clams bathing in a garlic-infused broth. Nonna Elvira's green lasagna is a dozen layers of bliss with blankets of pasta enveloping a mild cheese. Continue with a deliciously soft, moist branzino (salt-encrusted sea bass), or a pork chop sided with braised red cabbage. Desserts deserve special attention, such as a buttery mascarpone, or a scoop of vanilla gelato with a shot of steaming espresso.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Angelini Osteria - Best Restaurants in Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St. ›
Angelini Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Excellent...samyVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, the food was amazing! We are never disappointed....except when we can't get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable MeallewgenVIPDined on 9/9/2014The food and service were superb. It is such a pleasure to go the dinner here. They make you feel so at home. We went to celebrate a birthday and it could not have been a better experience. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- JoBeyJoBeyDined on 8/14/2014I booked this restaurant after reading great reviews. It's a very small, quaint authentic Italian restaurant, full of diners and quite lively. We were greeted by a lovely hostess and ushered to our little table without any waiting period. Tables are very close together you can literally hear the next couple's conversation!! Food was served promptly and it was fresh and delicious, we loved it! We will definitely go back next time we are in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianPDSdinesoutDined on 8/13/2014You just can't get a better Italian meal in Los Angeles - come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checked off Bucket ListfoodiequeenDined on 7/30/2014Food was great. Service not so much. Other tables got bread and spread as they sat down. We didn't. When we asked for bread, they didn't bring spread/ dip with it. Glasses of water were almost empty before they were refilled. Waiter never checked back to see how we were doing. I was watching surrounding tables, and they got much more attention. On the plus side valet was only $5.00.Special Features:
- Wish we could have gone twicewhodunitDined on 7/3/2014Branzino was excellent, cooked in a layer of sea salt crystals, but not salty at all, highlight of the night. Octopus salad was salty and the only disappointment of the night. Lots of octopus, but too much salt in the seasoning. Two soups were delicious, seasoned without much salt. Lobster, peach salad perfect. Truffle spaghetti was out of this world, but rich, so a good dish to share between four. Premier dessert was the pistachio dessert item, a Sicilian dessert none of us had ever had and all four of us thought was stellar. Caprese salad excellent. Pumpkin tortelli yum. One week vacation, wish we could have gone twice!Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!!!PhyllisVIPDined on 6/20/2014One of the finest Italian restaurants in Los Angeles. Angelini Osteria consistently serves amazing food...every bite is incredible. A DELICIOUS dining experience!!!!!Special Features:
- Tasty and good selection of dishes.VacationDined on 6/19/2014Nice restaurant and easily accessible. Good quality level of dishes. Good selection of dishes. Fast service and there was enough attention to customers. Very satisfying meal.Special Features:
- delicious foodRosaDined on 6/6/2014Delicious food~the restaurant is small and full of people ! So it is noisy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/5/2014Another wonderful visit with outstanding food and service. One of our favorites!!!!!Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 6/4/2014Always a pleasure to dine at this handsome venue with great food, friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- The following 260 reviews are from the Angelini Osteria reviews archive.
- Good food & serviceFoodieDined on 5/20/2014Never disappointed in my 4 times here. Except the tables are rather close together and you can hear the ongoing conversations from the table on your left and right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckVIPDined on 5/20/2014even with all of the new great restaurants in l a this is still our favorite. taste and food preperation are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngeliniOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/7/2014There are many worthy Italian restaurants in Los Angeles, but Angelini Osteria is"The Best"!!!Special Features:
- great!freshtake2Dined on 5/6/2014While I kept my friend waiting at the lunch table, the waiters lavished her with two delicious appetizers. The service is impeccable down to the sweet bus boys. Our food was sublime, the waiter was a terrific guide. One of my favorite spots and lunchtime is always so pleasant! Bravo to the chef!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Servicekurge1VIPDined on 5/2/2014Our table was not quite ready at the reservation time, but that did not deter us. The staff was wonderful to us as we waited and nicer when we sat down. Our dinner was outstanding. Will keep returning.Special Features:
- Always the best!CarolVIPDined on 4/4/2014We have been dining here since this restaurant opened in 2001 and have always been impressed with the excellent food and service! Their excellence and personal touch in dealing with their clientele is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Slice of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2014The veal ravioli special was fantastic--little tasty pillows that dissolved in my mouth. And it was so nice to have the option of good wine in a carafe,as it was one of those days where a glass wasn't going to be enough and a bottle might be too much or too formal. I will definitely go back! Soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Angelini Rocks!!LadyJaneVIPDined on 3/25/2014My hubby and I come all the way from Thousand Oaks to indulge in Chef Angelini's fabulous Italian fare. There is a reason he is considered by his contemporaries as best Italian chef in the Los Angeles area. The dishes may be simple, but there is genius in the way he executes each one. We've had the tuna crostini (who would have thought pistachios would make the tuna flavor come alive?), veal filet with green beans (one of the most savory entrees I've ever had), beet salad, lobster salad, bone marrow (to die for!), liberty duck breast, turbot, apple strudel (hubby says its better than Grandma's), and Gino's incredible gelato and cappuccino. Gino who runs the front, always makes us feel like family. Don't hesitate to make reservations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodFastEddieDined on 3/6/2014The restaurant is small and no fancy but the food and value make up for this. Great food and great value. Will definitely dine here again when in town.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014Angelini is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant, with fabulous food! We will be back many times!Special Features:
- LA's Best ItalianDartagnanVIPDined on 1/31/2014This place never disappoints. It's a geriatric crowd but they'll die happy with the best Italian food in town. The waiters know your likes and dislikes after just a few visits. The pasta and fish are sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique pasta dishesDelmundoDined on 1/29/2014The pasta dishes I tried were wonderful and were quite unique compared to most Italian I have tried in LA. The Lemon Linguini was amazing and the asparagus broccoli soup was very well prepared..Special Features:
- An authentic Italian trattoria!catmomVIPDined on 1/16/2014An authentic Italian trattoria! Makes me feel like I am back in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian restaurant in LAdwdwDined on 12/31/2013After falling in love with the authentic Italian food in Florence, Tuscany, and Venice, I find most so-called Italian food in LA are just Americanized Italian food if you know what I mean. Angelini Osteria is a huge difference. Their trippa is as good as those I had in Florence. Their Bistecca alla Fiorentina reminds me a lot from what I ate in Florence. Their Black Truffle Pasta is a must-eat. These are just to name a few from a whole menu on which at least 10 items I always ordered.Special Features:
- Fantastic food as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013Fantastic food as always. Consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- consistently excellentdowntowninlaVIPDined on 12/27/2013Great place for lunch in the city; food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Request for alterationsDelmundoDined on 12/19/2013My request for something that wasn't exactly on the menu was prepared exactly to my liking.. The server was prompt friendly and very good at recommending things. I will definitely return..Special Features:
- Outstanding Mid-Wilshire gem 12/18JohnVIPDined on 12/18/2013This was the third time I've taken customers for lunch to Angelini Osteria. All three times everyone has been very impressed with the food, wine and service. On my last visit both of my customers had the Swordfish and I had the chicken with roasted potatoes. Both dishes were outstanding. All the servers were very accommodating and they made our lunches very special. It's my new secret gem when in the mid Wilshire neighborhood. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order the pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2013I mistakenly ordered the steak which is just stupid at a pasta restaurant. Pasta and flat bread are great. I wouldn't drench the salads in all that oil either. But overall I loved my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin did it rightGrrrrrrrrlfVIPDined on 11/19/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to this lively restaurant. We shared a lobster salad--very fresh made with crisp apples. Next, came the perfectly cooked Florentine steak with wonderful sides. The wine can be ordered by the carafe--a perfect choice for us. Justin, the "busboy," but really, he is a man, and he was very attentive and charming. He filled in where the servers didn't. Dessert was a disappointment, and it was Justinwgo made sure we had our coffee...Not the server! Promote Justin--he should be earning big tips! Last, this was to bea birthday celebration. The restaurant forgot that bit. The overall quality of the place is excellent, and certainly, we hope to return.Special Features:
- Lovely lunch at Angelini.RaeMDined on 11/15/2013Really enjoyed our visit with family to Angelini Osteria last week. Reminded us of our meals in Italy - authentic Italian dishes made and served so graciously. Everything was appetizing and delicious, from the light faro salad that's served with their bread, to my lasagne verde (with ground veal). Service was charming and attentive, and lunch was very reasonable. We'll definitely visit again.Special Features:
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2013I had friends coming from San Diego for the day and was asked to pick a restaurant for lunch They all eat out often and at very fine restaurants. Everyone agreed Angelina Osteria was a gem. From the moment we sat down the service was attentive bit not intrusive. We each had a different dish and everyone was top notch Along with lunch we had a lovely whit wine that was suggested by our waiter and complimented each dish. I live at the beach but will most certainly be back.Special Features:
- Excellent ItaliannewportfoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2013We had tried for quite awhile to obtain a reservation for this restaurant and finally found one at 5:30 on a Friday. The restaurant is very small -- maybe 15 tables, maybe 40 seats. The food and service were excellent and the portions quite large. We had the shaved artichoke and arugula salad and the sliced swordfish appetizers. For entrees, the pork chop and the roasted veal shank. All were excellent. Traffic in the area is fierce and the drive time takes much longer -- even from the Westside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ITALIAN FOOD AT ITS BESTFoodieLoriVIPDined on 11/5/2013I was so happy to get a reservation at this wonderful restaurant. Each dish was wonderful. True Italian cuisine!! The pastas were amazing, the veal dishes as well! The service was wonderful, we had a waiter with personality and charm. Can't wait to go back next time we are on LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2013Great place to go with a small group of people as it is a very small, tight venue. Fantastic pasta and the service was great! The waiters were very accommodating and flexible with menu alterations. As it is a small, popular spot, make sure you make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ValueVegasFoodieDined on 10/25/2013The Osteria is small, but it works. The place was packed. Valet is $5 dollars. We started with wine by the glass (nice stemware), and ordered the Zuchini Blossoms. A true favorite of mine. Presentation was perfect, yet I did not care for the filling. It was more than just ricotta...and the flavor was bland. Not sure why the chef kept the bitter Zuchini stem on it??? Very bitter. The red sauce just didn't work either. We shared a bone marrow pasta.........out of this world with a nice presentation. Rustic. Yummy. Then the denver sole...........out of the world....lighted breaded...only slightly...sauce was perfect...mashed potatoes were also fluffy. Cappuccino divine. Tiramisu could have been fresher. 4 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner of Italy in LASavorflavorVIPDined on 10/15/2013The welcoming servers, the menu, the ambiance, and most of all, the food come together to transport you are to an Osteria in Italy...with no jet lag. Angelini still one of the best Italian restaurants in our book. Weekday lunches can be nice as less crowds and noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delight in a small package!MickyVIPDined on 10/4/2013We had a delightful dinner at Angelini Osteria! The food is authentic italian from the mother country, and all four diners had delicious meals created from local produce. Some of the best prosciutto ever, and a truly marvelous spinach lasagna that melted in your mouth. The fish was extremely fresh and perfectly cooked, and the veal tortellini outstanding. The service was very attentive, and they provide a broad selection of wines at reasonable prices from international sources. The restaurant is a "discovered" neighborhood gem, so always packed which can be a little noisy. We loved it and would absolutely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Bestpartyof2Dined on 9/27/2013We had the good fortune to have a gift certificate from the restaurant for a chef's choice, four course, wine paired meal. We really didn't know what to expect as we had never been to Angelini's before. The restaurant is quite popular so we had to wait a bit for our table, but once we were seated, Alex and the entire crew treated us to an amazing dining experience. Each course was unique and delicious and a delightful surprise, each one even better than the last, and all were fantastic! I think we ended up having 7 courses, and each course was specially prepared for us. The chef outdid himself. We truly felt like royalty and look forward to returning to Angelini's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.