399 Ellis Street
Staten Island, NY 10307Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.angelinasristorante.com/
- Phone: 7182272900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Sunday: Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from Angelina's Ristorante
Welcome to Angelina's Ristorante. The food at Angelina's is an interesting blend of both traditional and innovative Italian cuisine. Our special dishes are designed to delight even the most discriminating palate. Our professional and courteous staff at Angelina's pride themselves in providing the finest unparalleled service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Angelina's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wanted to love it, but...NorthShoreFoodieDined on 7/3/2014The restaurant was very noisy, both from the tables and live music at the bar. Our party of four had a hard time hearing one another and finally gave up trying. Food (although overpriced) was very good and arrived quickly and nice and hot. Service for the most part was good, but after spending time choosing a wine from the printed list we were given and putting in our order, our waiter came back to tell us the wine we chose was not available and we should have ordered from the iPad list instead.Special Features:
- Out of the way but worth itRVCGourmetDined on 7/2/2014It's not the easiest place to find, but setting the GPS for 399 Ellis St. is worth it. This is my second time there and the place is immaculate, the service is almost white glove, the food is very well prepared and the prices are fair. It was too hot to sit outside, but in cooler weather the waterside tables are nice. Bottom line: good food, great service, nice ambience, decent prices. A win-win all the way around! Do it for lunch or dinner and you will a happy camper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of this worldJennifernycDined on 6/29/2014Best seafood I have ever tasted from the clam appetizer to the salmon dinner. Service was impeccable. Definitely going back here soon!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantchowfamilyDined on 6/8/2014Very good service,owner personally speak with you like you're a regular....will recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Angelina's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Mortgage your house!DomfDined on 5/17/2014Although Angelina's is a cool happening place, you have to take out a second mortgage to pay for things. Very expensive and a bit above average food. Service was rushed and a lot of action all over the dining room and bar. Server was attentive but screwed up a few times with special requests of food preparation. We hadn't finished our plates and they were picking them up to move on to the next course. Angelina was cruising the room and a good PR person. The grounds are beautiful and so were most of the patrons, a lot of talent! Very interesting restaurant! Chandelier's in the outside trees! Cool place but clearly not even close to fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb diningjoecraxDined on 5/8/2014excellent, outstanding in many respects. looking forward to our next visit. what a pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad conversationJcblancerDined on 5/2/2014Angelina's provides a good menu and quality food but is not the best place for a quiet romantic evening. It was difficult to converse in a noisy environment, with tables to close to each other and waiters who were too busy quickly taking food off the table before completion and constantly interrupting conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBondtraderDined on 4/26/2014We had a great experience on a Saturday night...food and service were excellent...We had the rib eye for 2 which was cooked to each of our particular tastes..the wait staff was attentive and friendly..The after dinner bar scene was energetic as the crowd was up and dancing to the music of Luigi & Arlette...the dinner was definitely New York City priced ....We .look forward to our next visit..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingSouthShoreFoodieDined on 4/19/2014Always great food here, friendly, owners greet you and ensure your experience is perfect!!! Waiters are attentive but never pushy, presentation beautiful. Food is perfect, never disappointed. The asparagus with crab meat is a perfect light appetizer that you can share or even have as a main entree if you are eating light. The calamari oreganata is the perfect alternative to fried. Arrive early on a friday after work and sit outside on the porch and watch the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in Staten IslandVegas13VIPDined on 4/18/2014In a class by itself in Staten Island. Haven't been since aug 2013 and it just gets better every time we go. Wine list on I Pads is a classy touch that I've only seen in Vegas or Manhattan. Food service and atmosphere is top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnersylviaDined on 4/18/2014The staff was attentive. A bit expensive but it was nice to dine there for my birthday. The food was good.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunchChuckVIPDined on 4/17/2014My business partners and I have been meeting in Staten Island trying different restaurants along the the water. After dining at Angelina's, we stopped. Its a great place for a luncheon. The food and service are excellent. Great wine list and home made pastas!. We can't wait to bring the wives for dinner there. Haven't dined outside yet but when it gets warm , we will be there!Special Features:
- A BAD TASTEJumbalyathebestDined on 4/12/2014MY ACCEPTED RESERVATION WAS FOR 8:15, MY WIFE AND I WEREN'T SEATED UNTIL 9:15 . WHY MAKE A RESERVATION WHEN ANGELINA DOESN'T ABIDE BY THE TIME. EACH TIME ANGELINA PASSED BY US, SHE SAID" IN A FEW MINUTES" ... AT LEAST SHE COULD HAVE OFFERED US A COMPLIMENTARY DRINK FOR BEING PATIENT.. FINALLY BEING SEATED... WE WERE SEATED ON THE DANCE FLOOR INFRONT OF THE ENTERTAINMENT (SINGER AND KEY BOARD..THEY WERE GOOD) NOTHING LIKE EATING YOUR FOOD WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S BEHIND IN MY SALAD.. WE WERE USHED THRU DINNER, AND HANDED THE CHECK. BEFORE WE COULD STAND UP AND PUT OUR COATS ON.. THE STAFF GRABBED OUR TABLE AND CHAIRS, PUSHED IT OUT ON THE DECK, ALMOST HITTING BOTH OF US.. I HAVE GOTTEN MORE RESPECT IN MCDONALDS THAN HERE. E A T ER B E W A R E
- Great experience overallchrisDined on 4/4/2014The people were great, food was delicious, Live music was Great! My only discrepancy was that our although we arrived on time for our reservation, we were not seated for about 30 minutes. everything else Definitely makes me want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated our 2nd weddingmrspatDined on 3/15/2014We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary and had an amazing time! The staff remembers us and always makes us feel welcomed and made to feel special in every way. Thank you Angelina and staff!
- MmmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2014Outstanding service delicious meal start to finish. We had a special pecan encrusted rack of lamb, came cooked perfectly as ordered and tasted better. The vegetables were also excellent which came with the special. Our waiter Antonio was fabulous. My wife & I were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointment!JayGVIPDined on 3/8/2014What a disappointment! They must think staten islanders are dumb! Prices are NYC style -just the upper end. $60 for a steak? Gimme a break! Watch it when u order stinks. My wife ordered a martini ($14) and if it had liquor ion than I must believe all drinks are ice and water. They tried to substitute a certain wine for some house stuff at half the price! Don't waste your time! I was going to complain to Sngrlina but was told by the waiter it's a waste of time! Really think twice before u go and you'd be doing uraelf a favor! If I go back again in my lifetime it would be too soon!
- One of the best in NYCJoeC34Dined on 3/1/2014One of the best restaurants in all NYC. Authentic Italian food like it should be. Great place to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, engagement. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest restaurant on Staten IslandGoingplaces1953Dined on 2/28/2014Great service and great food. Perfect special event or a romantic dinner location on Staten Island. Angelina is there making sure everyone has a wonderful night. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Loved it!ChrisReppinNYCVIPDined on 2/26/2014went for my mother's birthday and the food was great, the service was wonderful and the ambience perfect. I went with my toddler and the service was AMAZING! As you know when it comes to toddlers you need a patient and understanding staff and that is exactly what they were.Special Features:
- Yum!sweetandsavoryDined on 2/7/2014There was not much I would improve especially regarding taste except a moister lava cake but it was good. An optional dipping sauce to go on the steak which was still good without may have been nice. It seems like they thought of everything to make your dining experience special. I love that the wine list is on a touch screen tablet. They made my friends birthday very special with a sparkler(?) candle. It was very different, something to remember. I would definitely recommend dining here maybe even outside in nicer weather. I would say its a gem on SI. My only negative comment would be that everything I asked to be wrapped up was not there when I got home, they forgot to wrap up some of my food which makes me sad because it was delicious.Special Features:
- This was our 10th or 12thDianeSSVIPDined on 1/26/2014This was our 10th or 12th visit, but the first time that we were very disappointed. We were 4 people at a table for 2. The dinner plates are the size of family platters which makes dining a bit difficult and uncomfortable - especially at a small table. The waiter was very extremely condescending. We had to pour our wine twice, they kept attempting to remove our plates while we were still eating. The staff was much more concerned with another group - who must have been regulars. The receptionist was lovely, but the rest of the staff this particular night were not. We had plans to return this coming with a group of 6 but will cancel. WON'T BE BACK FOR A VERY LONG TIME. EXTREMELY OVERPRICED AND RUDE. The regular staff excellent.Special Features:
- Angelina'sphilinsiDined on 1/24/2014This was not my first time there the food is usually very good and this time was no exception. The waiter was very attentive and did a wonderful job. The view is great and the food was good. I will say the price was not bad, but there have been times I have gone and this was not the case. I will go back again it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served a martini in a glassLuv2dinenycDined on 1/17/2014Served a martini in a glass covered with lipstick! We will never go back again!
- Awesome!!RCACTHEBESTDined on 1/15/2014My title says it all! But remember, you get what you pay for! This place is not cheap, but when you experience the quality of the product they put out, the setting in which you receive it and the service (any restaurant owner should go here just to steal ideas on service) you'll understand. If you don't, there is an Olive Garden on route 1 in Woodbridge. Bravo Angelina's!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful setting. AppetizerspattiDined on 1/11/2014A beautiful setting. Appetizers and drinks very good. Entrees were just fair, quite a disappointment given the pricing. Not likely to return, for dinner anyway.
- Can.t understand all the fusslumickeyDined on 12/24/2013Our first time was on Christmas Eve, We decided to try out their price fixed menu @69.99 per person. The choices were very good, however there were. items that had additional cost i.e. certain fish had additional $12.00, lobster tails additional $18.00 When we got through with our entre, the dessert came out immediately. No sooner was the table cleaned, the server placed dessert in front of us.We ordered a bottle of wine at a modest price of $42.00. I still can't understand how my bill totaled $285.00 It was Christmas Eve and I was not in the mood to cause a scene.. I guess I was ripped off. We has 2 Angelina gift cards purchased at the rest We also has the receipt for each. Would not accept "Costco" cards.. Card did not say Costco.
- Not a favoriteSiriusVIPDined on 12/11/2013It just misses the mark. It has pretentions to greatness but aside from the décor and wait staff, it has little to offer. The live entertainment at the bar is a little disconcerting in such a small place. If your an Open Table user- keep an eye on your points. They regularly "forget" to assign your points...Special Features:
- Angelina has managed to bringRed3071Dined on 11/19/2013Angelina has managed to bring and elegant restaurant to a not so elegant setting. Food was very good but the wait staff was even better. Kudos to Angelina for the service she insists upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & attentive serviceSebastianVIPDined on 11/12/2013From the moment you arrive, you know it's going to be great. The tone for any great restaurant, starts with the owner. Angelina gets high marks for instilling the importance of great food and great customer service. I've eaten here many times and no matter what I have chosen, it has been great. The beautiful women who greet you with a smile, the very pleasant bartender and the entire server Team, makes this dining experience a wonderful culinary ride. Keep it up Angelina, you run an amazing restaurant. Mario LaBarberaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outMakeupVIPDined on 10/26/2013I love the ambience at this restaurant, the food! the decor! ambience! music. Fabulous service. I frequent this restaurant quite often and am never disappointed. If you are looking for a manhattan experience in Staten Island, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisorganizedEddieVIPDined on 10/18/2013It was an okay experience until the disorganization started where they were moving chairs around, customers were being moved from one table to another - was just so chaotic that it took al the nice experience away :(
- Best restaurant in Staten IslandkitkatDined on 9/13/2013I moved to Staten Island 3 years ago and have been to Angelina's at least 8 times and each time we are not disappointed. Service is better than in many top restaurants in NYC. Food is fresh and perfectly prepared. If your lucky there will be a band playing (Black & White). Summer time is best to get a table outside and admire The great views. My husband and I love Angelina's.Special Features:
- Excellent from the moment I arrivedSebastianVIPDined on 8/21/2013My dining experience at Angelina's was excellent. From the moment I was greeted by Rhonda at the front desk to being served by Sergio. The service was excellent. The food was great. The only thing missing, was having Angelina herself come to the table Baher was busy critiquing the staff to the excellence that she strives for and achieves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was pricey but fanstastic.ttimpanoDined on 8/21/2013The food was pricey but fanstastic. I had the veal chop and it was to die for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on Staten IslandMakeupVIPDined on 8/17/2013I love love love this place. Great decor, food,service, music, spend the entire evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSebastianVIPDined on 8/15/2013Upon entering Angelina's Ristorante, you are pleasantly greeted by a very pleasant woman. She starts off the experience at Angelina's on a great note. The rest of the staff, follows the same protocol, nicely dressed, very pleasant and eager to serve. My servers Amadeo C. and Roberto S. continued the great service experience. Then came the food, between the great Focaccia and Parmesan cheese, to start off the experience, I had the rack of lamb and it was delicious. Overall, from start to finish, it was a great dining experience. Angelina ... keep on doing what you are doing. When providing customer service, it starts with the management and it shows. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.GMAN1000VIPDined on 7/31/2013Angelina's has it all. The food is great and there wine list notable and when it comes to atmosphere the dining experience all comes together. We sat outside on the wrap- around porch adjacent to an open area where crystal chandeliers hung from large trees overlooking the river. They had a two -piece group in the bar area that played a mix of both old and contemporary sounds. The service was outstanding as well It made for a perfect evening. Highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsConflictedDined on 7/25/2013Always a lovely place to eat! The staff is attentive and the food is delightful!Special Features:
- Love Angelina'sGeorgieDined on 6/22/2013Food was great, personal attention to us was very much appreciated. Music in the bar area got us up on the floor. The girl singing was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.