Angèle Restaurant & Bar
540 Main St
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Angèle Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.angelerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7072528115x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM, Afternoon menu served 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Rogelio Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room accommodates up to 12 guests. Angele Restaurant is available to host special events from 12 to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Wagner 707-252-8115x
A word from Angèle Restaurant & Bar
Angèle Restaurant & Bar is an intimate restaurant perched above the Napa River. The 155-seat restaurant is the realization of the Rouas family’s dream to create a refuge that offers delicious French country foods, wines, and occasions for celebration with friends and family. With all-day service within the 80-seat rustic yet elegant dining room and on the 75-seat riverfront terrace, celebration is ongoing.Continued
Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Angèle Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Angèle Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (116)fit for foodies (108)special occasion (71)romantic (67)scenic view (67)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (47)great for brunch (38)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (19)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Fabulous dinner & excellent serviceTommyDined on 9/25/2014At the suggestion of the concierge at our hotel I booked Angele's restaurant. What a great dinner and ambience. Our waitress made excellent suggestions off the wine list and was most attentive throughout dinner. The place was quite busy for Thursday night and the main dining room was full and I thought very noisy. I was delighted when we were directed to a table for 2 in the small dining area which only had 3 tables. We were at the window and enjoyed watching the kayakers make their way down the Napa River until it grew dark. I had the potato leek soup and the wild salmon dish while my wife had the baby lettuce salad and the sea scallops. Both were delicious! If you are ever in/near Napa, definitely try Angele's. You'll be happy you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencez1466Dined on 9/23/2014We had a delightful evening at Angele. The service was unbelievable and the food was delicious! I had read a few less than perfect reviews but everything was perfect! :)Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our dinnerAnniebDined on 9/23/2014We had a great evening at Angele. We sat on the patio with our small dog. Our server was very good as was everything we ordered. We plan to return next week.Special Features:
- nice mealNestorVIPDined on 9/21/2014Good eating and very good service! Good eating and very good service!Special Features:
- Angele is my new favorite place!Napa4meDined on 9/20/2014As a local this restaurant sometime slips off my radar, but not anymore! 4 of us had dinner there Saturday night. The Service was excellent, & professional. The menu was so interesting & the Side dishes were as exciting as the center of the plate entree. The mustard crusted pork chop with braised beets & cabbage was a perfect marriage of flavors. The plate presentations were so beautiful we all felt compelled to take a picture prior to eating them. The duck liver mousse w/grilled bread is an appetizer I can't wait to order again. Then Fench spritz cocktail with tangerine juice was the perfect start to the evening & The banana tart was the perfect way to end the meal! Angele is now at the top of the list of my dining radar!Special Features:
- Good but not greatNapaHipstressVIPDined on 9/20/2014Napa French bistro fare; go for the ambience, the burgeoning Napa River redevelopment scene; but the food won't elevate you to the next level. Service is great.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningGene2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great tasting food, well presented in a nice environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go backMEGSDined on 9/19/2014After many visits to Napa we finally made it to Angele. Great location right on the River. The staff was very attentive without going overboard. Food was great and lots of choices. We were worried that there wouldn't be enough variety for our group but that definitely wasn't the case. It was pretty noisy but we could still have a conversation but a loud one.Special Features:
- Very nice placeMA11Dined on 9/15/2014Food was awesome And service was very good Nice place for couplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongBlackrattusVIPDined on 9/13/2014In the last couple years Angele has done a spectacular job updating their menu seasonally and every time we visit we are greeted with fantastic new items. Always the highest quality ingredients paired with the light, but not shy, hand of their chef makes every bite a joy. Don't even hesitate to make a reservation here!Special Features:
- Decent French FoodEatWell41Dined on 9/8/2014It was "good" as my rating indicates...nothing to shake a stick at for the price.Special Features:
- MoloVIPDined on 9/6/2014The bistro-like ambiance does not warrant the rather high prices!Special Features:
- A fine romantic dining expirience2inloveDined on 9/6/2014An absolutely fabulous dining expirience. Every course of the Chef's tasting menu was off the charts. A perfect romantic dining expirience. Try this place, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Angele in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We dine at Angele's in Napa every time we visit and have always enjoyed our meals. This time, it was exceptionally good. Fresh. Creative. Perfectly prepared. Beautiful night. It all made for a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Liver mousse was great. My sister thought her cocktail was undrinkable (they took it off the bill) and switched to wine. Otherwise..good but not exceptional. They DID SEAT US EARLY which we appreciated but the waiter wasn't interested in us at all.
- A great surprise!calgal053VIPDined on 9/3/2014We hadn't been to Angele in years so we thought we would give it a try! We won't be waiting years to return! Although the patio is fabulous, we ate inside for the first time and the room is so lovely! Very charming! Our dinner was delicious! My husband and I shared some oysters, followed by a melon salad. I was still talking about the fresh flavors the next morning! I had a seared tuna appetizer for my main course, the tuna was slightly overcooked but still enjoyable. My husband had the steak, which was cooked perfectly. We would gladly recommend Angele. Wonderful setting, friendly service and a delicious meal! Perfect!Special Features:
- YanaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Amazing food (except the pork that was really dry), very pleasant atmosphere, very nice waiter. Would love to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal as usuallauramarieDined on 8/31/2014We went for our 26th Anniversary dinner and was so pleasantly suprised when they brought us each a glass of champagne to toast. So sweet and we loved our table by the window in the small intimate back room. The meal was wonderful from the ahi appetizer to the Duck con fit and the scallops. Left feeling satisfied and happy. Thank you again and we will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- A Very Special PlaceMitzieDined on 8/31/2014We had the most fabulous experience at Angele. They went out of there way to accommodate are every need. It was a very relaxing & beautiful day to be sitting overlooking the Napa RiverSpecial Features:
- Everything is good except ...SAWHOPEVIPDined on 8/30/2014the wine prices are completely over the top. Enjoy the food, but bring your own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Pork belly with the duck egg was amazing! The quail was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 8/28/2014Best outdoor dining in Napa! Great food and super friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencewineosofnapaDined on 8/25/2014Our anniversary was the night after the recent Napa earthquake and Angele had just opened for business after their cleanup. The restaurant was packed with lots of happy people. Our server, Hillary made our evening so special. Her appetizer and wine suggestions were perfect, as was her upbeat attitude. We started with the decadent duck pate with fig jam followed with entrees of seared scallops over forbidden rice and the best chicken I've ever had! No room for dessert after such a lovely meal. We usually sit on the terrace but decided for the cozy but vibrant dining room inside. Angele is a special place and a favorite of locals like ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at AngeleCotagnaDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were looking forward to our dinner at Angele. It did not disappoint. The table was perfect, the heaters were on and everything from drinks to apps to dinners and dessert was excellent. I tried the Diane Lane and it was heavenly. Husband's was a martini. He had oysters and I had heirloom tomatoes....both were excellent. Duck for me (something I was looking forward to)...excellent. He had pork chop also great. The wine was from one of our favorite Vinyards--Celani Family--and it was very reasonably priced. Dessert was pot au crime with a glazed lavender donut. It turned out unexpectantly to be our last night in Napa because we were awakened with the earthquake! Wowza. Still, a nice memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieeeDined on 8/23/2014Angele is always special. Great good, great service, great view, great people. What's not to like!!Special Features:
- obnoxious waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have always enjoyed Angele, but we cringe when we get the waiter who fancies himself an entertainer. He interjects himself into conversations at the table, is way too personal and just needs to tone it down in a big way. Perhaps the restaurant would be kind enough to seat us in a different section upon our next visit. Otherwise, go & enjoy!
- So goodEllieDined on 8/18/2014It was so lovely. The waiter, host, and manager all made everyone feel welcome. It was my five year anniversary so we paid for the five course tasting menu. We ended up getting six dishes, all of which were exquisite. Definitely a fancy restaurant, but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uplifting take on French cuisineAsbestosHandsDined on 8/17/2014Angele is a place that changes chefs every two years (or so it appears). The current Top Hat is a Chef Rogelio Garcia, whose food is rather solid in a spirited and interesting take on otherwise a very classic French inspired menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchprincipiaDined on 8/17/2014On a beautiful sunny day my wife and I sat outside under the umbrella and enjoyed a wonderful lunch of grilled steak, macaroni and cheese, tender heirloom tomatoes and a fruity sorbet. The warm bread and butter are always an attraction. This place is perfect and the staff tries hard to make it a good time. The fryer was broken so no French fries but that was not a big deal with so many other choices. Make a reservation because it is a popular spot.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureJajaDined on 8/16/2014Very accommodating, loved the food, service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch!Marq04VIPDined on 8/11/2014We have eaten here many times. While our waiter was a bit absent-minded this time, we still had a lovely time. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- A taste of France in NapaRitzDiningguruDined on 8/10/2014Sometimes it is just perfect. The staff just knew what we wanted, wine, food, conversation. It was first time but they made us feel like regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApolloETGDined on 8/10/2014have eaten there many times and one of our favorite restaurants in Napa ValleySpecial Features:
- Always Great!CBDRVIPDined on 8/9/2014Angele always has my table waiting. The hostess is very accommodating and seems sincere in her wish to please the customer. Wait staff very good. Food presentation outstanding and tasty. Never fails to please. It is a nice touch that the owner makes rounds and checks on all the tables.Special Features:
- Worth the drive from BerkeleyPeterDined on 8/9/2014Excellent steak Tartare (available in 4 oz and 8 oz portions.) The beef is chopped rather than run through a grinder and served with a nice frisee salad and crostini. Ratatouile, heirloom tomato salad, stuffed baby potatoes and Croque Madame were all very good. The house red is a 2011 Rhone and worked well with all our dishes. Desserts ranged from meh to outstanding. The chocolate bread pudding got the meh! The (house made?) chocolate ice cream was one of the best we'd ever tasted. A stone-fruit tart was very good but I'd like to have tasted more of the fruit. We had pleasant outdoor seating, surrounded by flowery gardens. We did not go inside so can't talk about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great River View2MantecaFoodLoversVIPDined on 8/7/2014We were introducing friends to Angele's even though we had only been there once before but were very impressed. We were given out door seating which was great except that the wind was blowing so it was a little chilly. The food was excellent and our waiter was fantastic as was all the staff. They have a wonderful wine and cocktail list to choose from. Make your reservation early it fills up fast. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- One of the finest in NapaCammyDined on 8/5/2014This is one of the finest restaurants in Napa. When we arrived, I was greeted with birthday wishes from our hostess and server. A very gracious gesture. The service was impeccable, friendly, knowledgeable and warm. The food was outstanding. I had the sole with a creamy risotto and my boyfriend had the lasagna which he thoroughly enjoyed. Everything about this restaurant is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting/delicious foodBravosVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is a great restaurant on all counts. The ambience is wonderful, unlike anything else you will find in the valley. It is less fancy, not contrived, but carefully tended and thoughtfully executed. Food and wind are just right.Special Features:
- Exceptionally delicious...FoodJagVIPDined on 8/2/2014Second time this month. Last time I had the Faux Filet which was delicious. This time the Canard Rôti which was moist, tender and flavorful. I will get it again. My wife again had the Tartare de Boeuf which she just loves. We saw several other dishes, including the Coquilles Saint-Jacques went want to try so we will definitely be back. Food is delicious, beautifully presented by personable friendly staff. Reasonable prices, good wine list.Special Features:
- Great Dinner - Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014I chose this restaurant based on some research and it was confirmed by the concierge at our table. It was a very cool little restaurant at the end of town on the river. It is an old boathouse, so the wooden beams and quaint feel are a very nice touch. Food was excellent, well prepared, described, and presented. Great seating options both inside and outside. Would definitely go back.Special Features: