Angèle Restaurant & Bar
540 Main St
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Angèle Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.angelerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (707) 252-8115
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM, Afternoon menu served 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Rogelio Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room accommodates up to 12 guests. Angele Restaurant is available to host special events from 12 to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Wagner 707-252-8115x
A word from Angèle Restaurant & Bar
Angèle Restaurant & Bar is an intimate restaurant perched above the Napa River. The 155-seat restaurant is the realization of the Rouas family’s dream to create a refuge that offers delicious French country foods, wines, and occasions for celebration with friends and family. With all-day service within the 80-seat rustic yet elegant dining room and on the 75-seat riverfront terrace, celebration is ongoing.Continued
Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Angèle Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Angèle Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (120)great for outdoor dining (112)special occasion (78)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (64)scenic view (55)notable wine list (52)great for lunch (43)hot spot (39)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (31)great for brunch (27)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- High-end food in a casual, riverfront environment!KatHVIPDined on 11/21/2014The vibe is more business-casual, which I appreciated. It's not stuffy nor pretentious, but their food could easily be pitted against "those" types of restaurants. We started out with a cocktail - I recommend the Diane Lane if you like fruity drinks. It's vodka and Bunderberg blood orange soda with a sprig of rosemary and a slice of lime. Very refreshing! The cocktails were served in canning jars which, again, hearkened to the more casual feel of the restuarant. We ordered appetizers - I had the ricotta maison - housemade ricotta which was very smooth and creamy, with more of a mascarpone texture. It was served with butternut squash balsamic marmalade and toasted country bread. I love butternut squash, and that marmalade was delicious! Not too sweet, so it didn't overpower the mellowness of the ricotta. I alternated spreading layers onto the toast and enjoyed every last bit of it! My husband had the pate maison - pork and root vegetable pate with duck bacon, pickled vegetables, and toasted country bread. He cleaned his plate! He's a chef, and he described the pate as "heaven," so there ya go... For our entrees, I had the canard roti - sonoma duck breast, guanciale roulade, jasmine rice with duck confit, cirspy spinach, and persimmons. Everything was spectacular! The duck was perfectly moist and juicy with a bit of a smoky flavor. The crispy skin gave it a bit of an additional bacon flavor which was fantastic! My husband had the longe de porc - suckling pig loin, crispy pork belly, brussels sprouts, yams, yukon gold potatoes, and chestnut cream. Once again, he cleaned his plate! I did get to try a piece of the pork belly, which was very good - juicy and tender, reminiscent of a very, very good piece of carnitas! We shared the fruit tart for dessert, which was flaky, crispy, and delicious! I recommend it highly. Our server was fantastic - everytime he passed our table he would check in on us; he was very knowledgable and helpful. Two thumbs way up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced for a not so impressive food.MartinezDined on 11/19/2014On time for our reservation, table ready. The wine list is wide, but way overpriced. Ordered a Pinot Noir for $70 that at $15 would be about right. Service was attentive. Appetizer was the hihg of the night with properly cooked and tasty scallop. From there on same as an Applebee's.
- VariableOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was variable; when good, very good. Fish portions were way too very small. special event wasn't even noted.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014We are locals and hadn't been to Angele for a while. The prices have increased quite a bit from when we were there last, but more importantly the food was average and the service was poor. Our friend had the New York Steak. He was so looking forward to it, but received a very small piece of meat. What was on the plate was more bone marrow and beef belly. Really?? My husband had scallops which were mediocre and the rice was very bland. All in all, very disappointing. We don't mind paying if the food is worth it. This was not. The service was sporadic and we had to finally get up and ask the hostess for our check and even then we had to wait again to have the payment picked up. We won't be coming again. There are so many other restaurants in town with better food and service.
- EVERY bit was YUM.BlackrattusVIPDined on 11/15/2014You MUST have the sauteed clams. MUST. Every bite of the quail was like its own little universe of wonderfulness. The salmon special of the evening was spectacular. I'm running out of superlatives - but why talk about it when you can just EAT it. Go, enjoy. Celebrate FINE food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntMeemVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is the second time we ate here. My dish of Branzino was very tasty but portion was a little small. The surrounding vegetables were in a sauce of some kind that was delicious. The vegetables were perfectly cooked but they were on the cool side. My husband ordered a pork dish which he thought was a little tough but it too was very tasty. Unlike many of the local restaurants the bottles of wine are very reasonably priced. I will definitely come back to this restaurant because the food was so tasty I have to consider that maybe it was an off night for the kitchen or the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What was it?gadabout47VIPDined on 11/11/2014Was it the company? Was it the food? Was it the service? Was it the atmosphere? Yes, yes, yes, yes!Special Features:
- Always greatLindajsweetpeaVIPDined on 11/9/2014Food, service and ambiance are always consistent, innovative and wonderful. We live in Napa and love going to Angele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Gem on the River's EdgeLuv2dineoutDined on 11/8/2014Angele has a great menu of a variety of foods and drinks that are tasty and exquisitely presented. Though upscale, the service was down to earth. We had a wonderful meal of foods and tastes we would never think would "fit" together, but they really do! Drink concoctions with a tang, delectable salads and soups, and main courses that exceeded all expectations with service and wine pairing suggestions made this a wonderful dining experience. Leave room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing.visitingdinerDined on 11/8/2014Made reservation with great expectations as Angele was on Top 100 restaurant list in San Francisco Chronical. Brought clients to entertain. The bar was very nice and bar servers were attentive however they charged us for more drinks than ordered. This was corrected immediately when brought to their attention. The restaurant is lovely. We had been out tasting during the day and this was later reservation so we were looking forward to our meal. We ordered a soup appetizer - cream of potato and leek. It was good but very thin without the usual richness. Our main courses came thereafter and we were all a bit surprised to see how little food was on our plates. 2 of us ordered the pork chop. This was the smallest, thinnest cut of pork chop I have ever seen. 3 bites, maybe 4. The steak was also ordered and it too was a slice of beef perhaps 3" square and 1/2 - 3/4 " thick. I was terribly embarrassed as it was very apparent my clients were making an effort to enjoy the "meal". If the food preparation had been extraordinary I could understand but it was not at all. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Disappointing ExperienceELeeDined on 11/8/2014This was our 2nd visit to Angele's. We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We were very disappointed. Our meals were bland. The amt of food provided was "definitely" not worth the price. In a steak dish, there were only two small slices of steak on the plate. Second, the service was horrible. After our waiter took our order, he never returned to our table to see how we were doing during the evening! He didn't remember to bring extra bread. Known as a French restaurant, they played other ethic songs which was amusing. When we asked for the bill, our waiter did not mention about celebrating my daughter's birthday (since I indicated the message on Opentable). Lastly, they allowed owners to bring their dogs in the patio.
- First timerWine24VIPDined on 11/7/2014As a local Napa resident and food enthusiast I have been trying to hit all my restaurants on the bucket list. I wanted something close to home and Angele had a reservation. I brought a nice bottle of Pinot Noir and had an amazing meal. Shared two apps which we both very good. The entrees will also shared, sea bass & bacon wrapped stuffed quail. The quail was the hit of the night as I couldn't stop eating my half. The flavors were just perfect. Who doesn't like bacon on anything....we had to have dessert which was nice. I prefer a chocolate dessert, we tried the almond tart. Overall, food was top notch and my server was very attentive. He knew when to approach the table. Highly recommended Angele for your next dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kenqDined on 11/6/2014Angele was a very nice experience. We had 6 people in a private room and the service was excellent. The food was superb and the selections, although limited, were great. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- very noisyherodotusDined on 11/1/2014Seated beside birthday group. Very noisy. Conversation impossible. Evening ruined! Staff unwilling to quiet noisy table.
- Don't do it!NapaExplorer1Dined on 11/1/2014Not worth the money! Should have gone somewhere else.
- OutstandingFeinWeinDined on 10/31/2014We live in Napa and often turn to Angele to celebrate our small or big occasions. The place never disappoints. Attentive, yet heartfelt service with excellent food and beverage choices in a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French restaurantenglishfoodiesDined on 10/30/2014Very pleasant ambiance, friendly and attentive service by delightful waiter. The food, including seasonal salad, steak tartare, and pan-fried duck breast, was all excellent. The only down side is the very high corkage charge - $25 is stupidly high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngeleJudyDined on 10/29/2014An excellent restaurant in Napa. The food is always outstanding and the service is great. A very enjoyable experience every time time go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, classic French.SpartanDinerVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great food paired with great service. Definitely recommend the duck mousse to start and quail for the main course.Special Features:
- kahandfamDined on 10/24/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. However, it is pretty expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014This is our special occasion spot. I ordered the sea bass, it was charred. Our waitress had a large party in the back area, and didn't pay as much attention to us, as in past experiences.Special Features:
- Even Better Than ExpectedFritzthedogDined on 10/23/2014From the moment we walked in we were charmed. Very comfortable spot with accommodating and enthusiastic service. The food was wonderful from appetizer to dessert. The quail dish was beautiful and delicious, and the scallops were excellent. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningNewNapanVIPDined on 10/18/2014Some more friends in town with us so another trip to what is becoming our favorite Napa restaurant. Food was incredible and our server Hillary handled us with charm and knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a disappointment!Smiley45Dined on 10/18/2014At first our party of nine was seated at a small round table. We were elbow to elbow and after some resistance we were finally put out a larger table. Our service was very slow and not very attentive. We waited an hour and a half for our entrées. Our drinks were often empty. Our waiter was sometimes nowhere in sight in a house manager did come around and she was very attentive. However, I felt like she was two steps behind in correcting his mistakes which significantly affected our dining experience. Overall, our dining experience was poor. Some of the food was delicious but other items was clearly subpar. It was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service...FoodJagVIPDined on 10/18/2014Limited menu, good wine selection. Food is delicious and beautifully presented. Put this on your must list of places to go in Napa.Special Features:
- Superlative meal and serviceBlackrattusVIPDined on 10/18/2014No matter where we try, Angele is only one of three restaurants in all of the Napa Valley that we return to - and we return a LOT. Seasonal, innovative, savory, and always filling we LOVE LOVE LOVE Angele and all of their amazing staff!Special Features:
- When in Napa you expect fine diningBusybackVIPDined on 10/14/2014Angele exceeded our expectations. The feel was warm and chic at the same time. The french onion soup was the best I have tasted. The only disappointment was the autumnal salad. It was decomposed to the point where the flavors did not mix. This will be our go to place in Napa.Special Features:
- ThePRofessorTheProfessorDined on 10/12/2014Reservation was easy to get on Sunday night. Our waiter was present and alert to our needs. He provided an update to the SF Giants vs SL Cardinal game. Our meal was excellent however, the bass was a bit on the tiny side. Our pork chop was cooked to medium, very juicy and lots of flavor. THe onion soup was empecable. The dessert was delicious, too. Worthy of returning. One family's kids were screeming and running around the dining area (Put a leash on this).Special Features:
- Very nice lunchAbigailVIPDined on 10/12/2014My friend and I had a very nice lunch here. They have a beautiful outdoor area and it's on the river. If you are going to eat in downtown Napa, this is a good choice. We had an appetizer of home made ricotta and butternut squash jam which was very good. I enjoyed my salad and the specialty cocktail. Afterwards we had a snack at the chocolate store a few doors down and did a little shopping. The service was very good. I will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Two Words = TOURIST TRAP ! ! !FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food here has gone downhill. Yountville is way to close to settle for this. I won't go on and on !
- Gr8 diningMaxfliteVIPDined on 10/10/2014Best scallops ever. All the food we ordered were over the top. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2014Food Exceptional, as was the service! Had a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantCathDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful location, service was OUTSTANDING, fun waiter, food was good, but not over the top. I would definitely return. The landscaping around the restaurant alone makes it worth a visit. It was stunning. I will happily return.Special Features:
- Loved itTotalGourmetDined on 10/7/2014It was great the food very nice the staff and the desert watermelon sorbay was the bestSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014I live in Napa and have had great experiences at Angele, until Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- owhyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Extensive and varied menu; excellent wine list. Personable service from entering at front desk to evenings end. My "go to" Napa restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Angele", a delightful experienceseekingambrosiaDined on 10/2/2014This country-French restaurant was perfect from start to finish. The French onion soup and oysters with "mignonette" were wonderful appetizers. Our table of four all selected "Salmon Roti" served with fresh corn polenta, turnips, carrots and a whimsical "corn dog", a mini corn on the cob battered and fried. Our server's recommendations for wines were spot-on. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2014We love this restaurant. Food was amazing service was great and attentive, we were there with a party of six and pretty much tried everything on the menu. Hats off to the chef!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014We had a great dinner here. There were 8 of us and the food was really great. Right downtown Napa, with outdoor seating along the river. Really great scene and though we were a group, you could have a nice romantic dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner & excellent serviceTommyDined on 9/25/2014At the suggestion of the concierge at our hotel I booked Angele's restaurant. What a great dinner and ambience. Our waitress made excellent suggestions off the wine list and was most attentive throughout dinner. The place was quite busy for Thursday night and the main dining room was full and I thought very noisy. I was delighted when we were directed to a table for 2 in the small dining area which only had 3 tables. We were at the window and enjoyed watching the kayakers make their way down the Napa River until it grew dark. I had the potato leek soup and the wild salmon dish while my wife had the baby lettuce salad and the sea scallops. Both were delicious! If you are ever in/near Napa, definitely try Angele's. You'll be happy you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.