Angèle Restaurant & Bar
540 Main St
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Angèle Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.angelerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7072528115x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM, Afternoon menu served 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Rogelio Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room accommodates up to 12 guests. Angele Restaurant is available to host special events from 12 to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Wagner 707-252-8115x
A word from Angèle Restaurant & Bar
Angèle Restaurant & Bar is an intimate restaurant perched above the Napa River. The 155-seat restaurant is the realization of the Rouas family’s dream to create a refuge that offers delicious French country foods, wines, and occasions for celebration with friends and family. With all-day service within the 80-seat rustic yet elegant dining room and on the 75-seat riverfront terrace, celebration is ongoing.Continued
Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Angèle Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Angèle Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (119)fit for foodies (101)romantic (77)special occasion (76)scenic view (73)great for lunch (58)neighborhood gem (55)great for brunch (49)notable wine list (45)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Pork belly with the duck egg was amazing! The quail was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 8/28/2014Best outdoor dining in Napa! Great food and super friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencewineosofnapaDined on 8/25/2014Our anniversary was the night after the recent Napa earthquake and Angele had just opened for business after their cleanup. The restaurant was packed with lots of happy people. Our server, Hillary made our evening so special. Her appetizer and wine suggestions were perfect, as was her upbeat attitude. We started with the decadent duck pate with fig jam followed with entrees of seared scallops over forbidden rice and the best chicken I've ever had! No room for dessert after such a lovely meal. We usually sit on the terrace but decided for the cozy but vibrant dining room inside. Angele is a special place and a favorite of locals like ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at AngeleCotagnaDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were looking forward to our dinner at Angele. It did not disappoint. The table was perfect, the heaters were on and everything from drinks to apps to dinners and dessert was excellent. I tried the Diane Lane and it was heavenly. Husband's was a martini. He had oysters and I had heirloom tomatoes....both were excellent. Duck for me (something I was looking forward to)...excellent. He had pork chop also great. The wine was from one of our favorite Vinyards--Celani Family--and it was very reasonably priced. Dessert was pot au crime with a glazed lavender donut. It turned out unexpectantly to be our last night in Napa because we were awakened with the earthquake! Wowza. Still, a nice memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieeeDined on 8/23/2014Angele is always special. Great good, great service, great view, great people. What's not to like!!Special Features:
- obnoxious waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have always enjoyed Angele, but we cringe when we get the waiter who fancies himself an entertainer. He interjects himself into conversations at the table, is way too personal and just needs to tone it down in a big way. Perhaps the restaurant would be kind enough to seat us in a different section upon our next visit. Otherwise, go & enjoy!
- So goodEllieDined on 8/18/2014It was so lovely. The waiter, host, and manager all made everyone feel welcome. It was my five year anniversary so we paid for the five course tasting menu. We ended up getting six dishes, all of which were exquisite. Definitely a fancy restaurant, but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uplifting take on French cuisineAsbestosHandsDined on 8/17/2014Angele is a place that changes chefs every two years (or so it appears). The current Top Hat is a Chef Rogelio Garcia, whose food is rather solid in a spirited and interesting take on otherwise a very classic French inspired menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchprincipiaDined on 8/17/2014On a beautiful sunny day my wife and I sat outside under the umbrella and enjoyed a wonderful lunch of grilled steak, macaroni and cheese, tender heirloom tomatoes and a fruity sorbet. The warm bread and butter are always an attraction. This place is perfect and the staff tries hard to make it a good time. The fryer was broken so no French fries but that was not a big deal with so many other choices. Make a reservation because it is a popular spot.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureJajaDined on 8/16/2014Very accommodating, loved the food, service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch!Marq04VIPDined on 8/11/2014We have eaten here many times. While our waiter was a bit absent-minded this time, we still had a lovely time. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- A taste of France in NapaRitzDiningguruDined on 8/10/2014Sometimes it is just perfect. The staff just knew what we wanted, wine, food, conversation. It was first time but they made us feel like regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApolloETGDined on 8/10/2014have eaten there many times and one of our favorite restaurants in Napa ValleySpecial Features:
- Always Great!CBDRVIPDined on 8/9/2014Angele always has my table waiting. The hostess is very accommodating and seems sincere in her wish to please the customer. Wait staff very good. Food presentation outstanding and tasty. Never fails to please. It is a nice touch that the owner makes rounds and checks on all the tables.Special Features:
- Worth the drive from BerkeleyPeterDined on 8/9/2014Excellent steak Tartare (available in 4 oz and 8 oz portions.) The beef is chopped rather than run through a grinder and served with a nice frisee salad and crostini. Ratatouile, heirloom tomato salad, stuffed baby potatoes and Croque Madame were all very good. The house red is a 2011 Rhone and worked well with all our dishes. Desserts ranged from meh to outstanding. The chocolate bread pudding got the meh! The (house made?) chocolate ice cream was one of the best we'd ever tasted. A stone-fruit tart was very good but I'd like to have tasted more of the fruit. We had pleasant outdoor seating, surrounded by flowery gardens. We did not go inside so can't talk about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great River View2MantecaFoodLoversVIPDined on 8/7/2014We were introducing friends to Angele's even though we had only been there once before but were very impressed. We were given out door seating which was great except that the wind was blowing so it was a little chilly. The food was excellent and our waiter was fantastic as was all the staff. They have a wonderful wine and cocktail list to choose from. Make your reservation early it fills up fast. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- One of the finest in NapaCammyDined on 8/5/2014This is one of the finest restaurants in Napa. When we arrived, I was greeted with birthday wishes from our hostess and server. A very gracious gesture. The service was impeccable, friendly, knowledgeable and warm. The food was outstanding. I had the sole with a creamy risotto and my boyfriend had the lasagna which he thoroughly enjoyed. Everything about this restaurant is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting/delicious foodBravosVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is a great restaurant on all counts. The ambience is wonderful, unlike anything else you will find in the valley. It is less fancy, not contrived, but carefully tended and thoughtfully executed. Food and wind are just right.Special Features:
- Exceptionally delicious...FoodJagVIPDined on 8/2/2014Second time this month. Last time I had the Faux Filet which was delicious. This time the Canard Rôti which was moist, tender and flavorful. I will get it again. My wife again had the Tartare de Boeuf which she just loves. We saw several other dishes, including the Coquilles Saint-Jacques went want to try so we will definitely be back. Food is delicious, beautifully presented by personable friendly staff. Reasonable prices, good wine list.Special Features:
- Great Dinner - Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014I chose this restaurant based on some research and it was confirmed by the concierge at our table. It was a very cool little restaurant at the end of town on the river. It is an old boathouse, so the wooden beams and quaint feel are a very nice touch. Food was excellent, well prepared, described, and presented. Great seating options both inside and outside. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous!FoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Always a delicious meal to be had at Angele! Thanks for always making us feel special!Special Features:
- A favorite in NapaDanaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Angele is one of our favorite restaurants in the Napa Valley. It's right on the River in downtown Napa and we love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left wanting....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had heard really good things about Angele's and wanted to try it. I got the salmon with a side of potatoes. My wife got a salad with goat cheese (I think) with a side of soup. The best part of mine was the potatoes, the rest was alright. Nothing to write home about. My wife didn't care for the soup and the salad was fairly plain as well. I also can't remember the last time I was charged $8 for sparkling water. I'll make my own at home next time. We didn't have a bad experience here, just hoping for a little more for the amount of money we paid. Kind of plain.
- A great findmusicfoodVIPDined on 7/23/2014Lovely setting. We keep thinking about the sole dish. Creative menu. Beautifully prepared food. Just delicious. Attentive to our friends' special dietary needs. Probably one of the best restaurants in Napa.Special Features:
- paulVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great service, great patio....what else can one ask for when touring Napa wineries? The great place to end the day
- A very relaxing restauranthoteljeffDined on 7/21/2014Great restaurant for both indoor and outdoor dinning. Fun Bar, Great food, and very welcoming. Always a favorite for local or guests staying at the Hotel. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- OverratedElsraeDined on 7/18/2014The food was only average. Nothing special, and it was barely warm when served. Very expensive and not warrantedSpecial Features:
- Great place, will return...FoodJagVIPDined on 7/17/2014Went on recommendation of others and was delighted by the experience. Excellent food, top notch service, beautiful presentation. Reasonably priced wine list. We intend to returnSpecial Features:
- best dinner in NapaJt00187VIPDined on 7/16/2014A group of friends spent 5 nights in Napa, dining at a few of the well known restaurants. Angele was, hands down, the best food and service of the entire trip. This was the 3rd time that I have been to this restaurant and it never fails to provide an outstanding meal. With all the Napa Valley choices, I will put this restaurant at the top of my "must visit" list every time. Compliments to the chef and his well trained staff!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent place and food; great wine list. Accmodating staff.Special Features:
- Silent TravelerQuikPicsDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed a perfect Saturday Quikbrunch here in what appears to be a gem of a French bistro newly opened. We three had fish and chips (cooked to perfection), mussels (lovely sauce), frites (heavenly) and lip-smacking pate. The cocktails, wine and service was world class. This restaurant deserves its' all star rating. We can't wait to return for dinner.Special Features:
- owhyVIPDined on 7/11/2014A spot of France in Napa. Food well prepared and efficiently served. Staff always available and personable to create a delightful dining experience. Host always at the reception desk with a ready smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014This is becoming our favorite place. Eating on the patio is wonderful. The cocktail menu is inventive and fun. The food is what one hopes for in a French restaurant with the easy going ambiance of Napa. The combination of food quality, decor, and service makes this a wonderful place to entertain out of town guests or romantic couples. We have also taken children here, and if they are well behaved, the place is also appropriateSpecial Features:
- Riverside diningDutchDinerDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed wonderful lunch on outdoor terrace overlooking Napa River. Very relaxed atmosphere, very good service. Food portions ample and highly recommend for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting + wine pairing is a deal!langmui86Dined on 7/5/2014$105 for a 5-course chef tasting plus wine pairing is extremely hard to come by, especially in wine country. The 5-course tasting menu was in actuality a 6-course tasting menu and it was FANTASTIC! Our entire table left extremely happy and with our bellies very full. The stars of the night were definitely the cauliflower soup and the bacon-wrapped quail. Do not pass up on the tasting menu - you're in for a real treat!Special Features:
- Okay food, service was lackingFoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2014We had made reservations on open table requesting a nice table outside. This was done 3 days ahead of time. We got a table in a corner by the bar/kitchen seemingly. Pretty sure they gave my table away to a regular or promised it to someone else. After much fuss we managed to get them to hold a table for us outside when people left. We got moved outside after about 30 minutes. We had to look for the waiter most of the time and flag him down. The food was about 50% satisfactory. Half the dishes were good the other half nothing special.Special Features:
- A most disappointing experience.JackVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have eaten here many times and it was always very good. This was a very poor experience. Three guests of our party of six ordered bass which came dry and tasteless. I had duck which was overcooked and tasteless. Even the steak was poorly done. None of the items came off the check although they were brought to the waiters attention. Even the one dessert we had was not compt. A poor experience overall and very disappointing from one of our previously favorite places in the Napa Valley.
- experienceWineCPADined on 7/1/2014Food is always awesome. The new chef is fantastic and his offering were super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meal.MartyVIPDined on 6/29/2014We come here often and always have a good meal. We bring a bottle of wine, and then pick our food to go with the wine. A very delightful evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous tasting menuDenvilleDined on 6/27/2014Went to Angele's for my birthday, based on a review by Michael Bauer. couldn't have been happier. Chose the tasting menu- puree of corn soup,, heirloom tomato salad, the appetizer "lasagna", duck, cheese plate and an incredible coffee pot au lait and lavender flavored doughnut. Each course was perfectly prepared and presented. The soup was to die for, the heirloom tomatoes perfectly sweet and ripe, the "lasagna" melt in your mouth, the duck perfectly cooked, etc. The wine pairings were perfect, and the extra champagne to celebrate my birthday a nice treat. Costly, but totally worth it for a special occasion. We will be back to try brunch and lunch.Special Features: