Andy's Mediterranean Grille - Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45206Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Andy's Mediterranean Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://andyskabob.com/
- Phone: 5132819791
- Hours of Operation:
Fri-Sat 11am-11pm We are Open for Lunch if you need reservations please give us a call (513-281-9791)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Andy Hajjar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: we will Cater any party large or small, Special cater your company lunch, dinner, or private meeting with a minimum order of $100 and receive free delivery
- Entertainment: Belly dancing on weekends at 8pm on Fri and Sat various party's and events join our facebook for complete updates
- Special Events: 3 course dinner for 2 only $25
Join our facebook group to here about all local events,
Private meeting room that can accommodate 30 people and up
A word from Andy's Mediterranean Grille - Cincinnati
Small corner store quickly grew as Andy, with brother Majed, infused the establishment with authentic family recipes developed and lovingly served for generations. Andy transformed the once modest neighborhood deli into a fun and funky restaurant offering unique Mediterranean dishes with his own personal touch. Best of all, Andy's tasty creations are handmade from only the freshest ingredients. Today, the Hajjars are proud to serve the most authentic and traditional Middle Eastern cuisine available in the Tri-State. Receive a warm welcome from Andy himself as soon as you enter the cozy restaurant to begin your meal. Complete your dining experience with dessert and Lebanese coffee or enjoy on final Middle Eastern tradition in the form of a relaxing smoking pipe. Enjoy the finest Middle Eastern cooking from our family to yours! Award winning Restaurant: Best Entree, best of Cincinnati, best belly dance, silver spoon award 2010, best greekContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andy's Mediterranean Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014A few things were good like the pita bread, hummus, & a couple of sauces. But, the rest of the food was cold when it came out and one chicken dish tasted like it was leftover from either the previous lunch or previous dinner service.
- DiamondjbhVIPDined on 7/25/2014If you are a fan of Mediterranean food, you can't go wrong with Andy's. A great neighborhood dining spot with charm, good food, and good service.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC FIND!LaLee6969Dined on 7/20/2014An EXCELLENT Lebanese restaurant in a great location near Downtown Cincinnati!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRunningSasquatchDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I like ethnic food and had heard about Andy's so we decided to try it. I had read reviews on Yelp that were mixed. We had great service and the foo was very tasty. The belly dancing was good as well. We will go back again at some point in the future, but living beyond Eastgate makes for a long drive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2014Friendly staff. Large and tasty portions. Beautiful day and we sat outside, enjoying our food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itcincynaplesVIPDined on 6/12/2014A dreary experience, from the moment we walked in. We were tempted to leave as we waited several minutes for the server to come to our table, and later wished we had left. The wines are all from the proprietor's home town in Lebanon and are definitely not suited to our American palates. They were nearly undrinkable and priced at $10 a glass. (I later found one of them in an on-line listing for $9.99 a BOTTLE.) The pita bread was very good, the hummus so-so. The falafel was overcooked and overpriced($16.00). The chicken skewers with rice were the best thing we tried, but they were very dry and had little seasoning.
- Excellent meal for our anniversaryjgb2185Dined on 5/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary here. The table on the patio was, truth be told, a bit cramped, but the food and service was excellent. We've eaten at Andy's before, and will most certainly return.Special Features:
- DisappointingPaulB67Dined on 5/23/2014This was our first visit to Andy's in about eight years, and the overall experience was disappointing. There is no ambience; it's just a tired restaurant that has done no modernizing. Even the presence of a belly dancer, overweight and tattooed, couldn't help. Service was okay, but abrupt, and our party of four thought the food was boring -- certainly nothing better than what I can grill in my backyard. One in our group ordered a lamb burger, and was served two lamb mini-burgers that were overwhelmingly greasy. There are much better options in Cincinnati today for ethnic, regional cuisine.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Andy's Mediterranean Grille - Cincinnati reviews archive.
- AndyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Live the place. Andy and staff are great. Always friendly. Feels like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014Andy's offers an unusual menu with most items just not available at other restaurants. The food was good although the kabob dishes were a little dry. The appetizers were excellent. The traditional Lebanese/Turkish items like humus and tabouli are outstanding. It is not the sort of place I would go often but it is enjoyable for a change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, authentic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014Pleasurable dining experience. Good food. Good service.Special Features:
- Terrble serviceJackieDined on 3/8/2014The last two times I've been here, the service has been terrible and really slow. There's more to it, but it's too much to explain, so that's all I'll say. They always char the food to death too. However, the hummus was good - otherwise I would have given them one star for the food. Will not come here again.
- Excellent Mediterranean FoodSarahDined on 2/28/2014We had a group of eight, some vegetarian, other meat lovers. Everyone was able to find something to order and everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner providedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Always a great dinner provided no matter what entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit very goodMalbertDined on 2/14/2014Good selection available on menu. Tried baba gannoush as an appetizer, glad we can say we tried it, but just not our thing. Entrees were great and plentiful, both of us took portions home. My wife really enjoyed the skewered meat combo, very interested to know what seasonings they use, very good. I had the hashweh, small steaks of lamb on a mound of rice. Rice had a pleasant hint of lime or other citrus. Baklava was great for dessert, enough to share after big entrées. Also tried the Lebanese coffee with dessert, interesting spices and stronger than we expected and probably overkill at that point. Service was fine, maybe could have used an added water refill but not critical. Overall, we were pleased and hope to return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once is enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014my wife and i been wanting to try it for a couple years, now we done it, and wont go back. lack of parking, waiter knew nothing about the history or background of the place when we asked, my beer glass was small for the price, my order was change from "off the bones" lambs to kicabob, food took too long, and most of all, the entrees are overprice. the lunch 9.99 is the best deal, good luck.Special Features:
- Bad serverEwweersDined on 1/25/2014Waiter was soo horrible had to wait forever to get drinks and hookah, rarely saw him and he only had 2 tables. Very poor services was disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before PlayhouseTCJRattlerDined on 1/24/2014I love the feel of Andy's where it is like you are joining a family for dinner in their home. We had Playhouse tickets and needed a dinner spot that would be close with good and fast service. Andy's exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like foods of the MediterranOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014If you like foods of the Mediterranean this is the place to go in Cincinnati. The food is wonderful and the staff very friendly. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because of where we were seated. This was a small table for 2 right by the door to their party room. The constant traffic behind my chair (if I leaned back in my chair I would have hit a waiter) was a little nerve racking. I would have understood being seated there if the restaurant was very full but there were several open tables away from the door that we could have been seated at.Special Features:
- Trendy goes awryTaboulehDined on 12/31/2013This small and quirky establishment stakes its claim of providing good food based upon previous laurels, say, from 5 years ago. The food delivered to our table of three was nothing special and/or it was burnt. We sampled three various salads, two different soups and several kabobs plug hashweh and humus. I come from a long history of knowing and enjoying absolute quality in Mediterranean cuisine, and this folks, just ain't it! Sorry, as I was hoping for a good meal. PLUS: A server, not ours, was wearing WAY TOO MUCH patchouli oil. So much so, in fact, that it conflicted with our taste buds. Think Tabouleh, not, patchouli!
- Birthday dinner with friendsOpentablerVIPDined on 12/13/2013Had a great dinner here recently. Happened to be celebrating my birthday. Waiter noticed that I had a gift to open and later brought a complemtary dessert in to go box (since we had over done our order and were taking a lot of great food home for a second meal)! Very thoughtful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andy's Mediterranean GrilleKazeDined on 12/1/2013Loved the neighborhood, and let me say the service was wonderful. I am glad we went in a group so we could all try something different. We started with the grape leaves and Med. Sampler-great choice. The pita was beyond good-soft-too yummy and we cleaned the plates! We ordered lamb shanks-5 stars, tenderloin shish kabob-5 stars, Shwarma-4 stars (a little too salty), and Lamb hashweh-4 stars. Prices were good, drinks very good, and the portions generous. Lighting was a bit too bright for my taste, so 1 star off for that. I think anyone would find a dish they love and have a a really good time, so check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?RustyforkeDined on 10/5/20136:30pm. Server was either new or on his last shift at Andy's. Entrees arrived 5 minutes after the appetizer. Had to flag down another server for a glass of wine. Asked if we needed a box well before completion. We usually tip 20+%. This guy got straight 10%. If we return, we will ensure we don't get stuck with same server. The other times (lunch and dinner), the servers were really great. Maybe this guy is a down on his luck cousin?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2013Quality of ingredients was very poor. Steak on the Kebab was very fatty and gristly. The chicken on the Kebab was very tough and overcooked. This was first time there and I will not go back.Special Features:
- First Lamb Shank, First Hookah!!ClintDined on 9/20/2013The homemade hummus was good!! The lamb shank just so moist and fell off the bone. Plenty of hookah tobacoo flavors to choose from and we smoked in the back room. Candle light optional and long cushioned benches to lounge on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot before the playhouseMaineladyDined on 9/18/2013We choose Andy's whenever we have an evening performance at PIP (regular time in afternoon). It's very convenient, we know the food is good and the service is quick. On this occasion we had a great time chatting with the owner about Ksara wine.Special Features:
- Excellent!JulieDined on 8/31/2013As usual, our dinner at Andy's was wonderful! We'll definitely be back. Gotta get the lamb shank next time...YUM!Special Features:
- fun neighborhood spotOnesarVIPDined on 8/26/2013We had 2 Salads - the tawook salad was light and refreshing. The other chicken salad was also good, same ingredients but a slightly different dressing. We were surprised that no pita bread came with the salads. ( you have to pay extra? ) Though the meal was quick ( service ), we were put off by the server cleaning around us while we ate -- she sprayed cleanser on tables and also swept the floors. ( in this way, I felt rushed and that really isnt very nice to do that while people are eating )Special Features:
- amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013Great place! The food is excellent, the staff is fantastic and the owners make you feel like you are family!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodInterestingDined on 7/13/2013Food was great. Service a little bit slow. Price was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not horrible,FoodieDined on 6/29/2013The food was not horrible, just standard. The music was too loud, couldn't talk to my companion.
- Such a Disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/22/2013Tried Andy's for 1st time, but server wasn't familiar at all w/ menu items. When asked, he said he didn't know, or wasn't really sure. Asked about House salad vs.Greek salad,he said, It's a House Salad. Pita was Worst Ever had, was like a stale bun, firm&stiff, not light warm fluffy pita had in past, can buy better Pita at Kroger. Had Combo w/ Lamb &Chicken, again server couldn't explain sauce & seasoning. Ordered Lamb Med, but came out Well. Chicken Dry w/ NO sauce. Spanakopita was the Best we ever had. Had Baba Ghannouj & was just ok. Worst part was Heavy Pita bread, ? why so dense & server said he could bring more, but it was just more of the Same Dense Thick Pita. Since Andy's was assoc. with OpenT. thought Quality, Sadly disappointed.
- ANDY'SKellyDined on 6/15/2013I highly recommend Andy's! Our group had a great time and was well taken care off. We will come again!Special Features:
- Andy's Mediterranean GrilleJT57VIPDined on 6/8/2013Best hummus in town, hands down. Excellent kabobs as well.
- Andy's Mediterranean GrillDanPDined on 5/10/2013Great food and atmosphere. The food was very well prepared and the staff very knowledgable about the dishes. We will definitely return to try additional dishes. My only complaint would be - The music was almost too loud for regular conversation and the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Food was great. Good selection for those seeking Mediterranean food. And the belly-dancing was something that I was not expecting when I walked through the door.Special Features:
- Excellent Lamb!deejal01VIPDined on 2/9/2013This was the first time I returned to Andy's in quite some time. I remember the location as a deli and convenient store from 15 years ago. The ambiance was wonderful, the service was very good, and the food was outstanding. Plentiful portions, powerful flavors but not overbearing. I would highly recommend Andy's Mediterranean Grille.Special Features:
- Great service to match great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Our server was excellent and the food was fantastic. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Everyone in our group thoughtDCLUDined on 12/28/2012Everyone in our group thought food was excellent I had the cabbage rolls, did not find them appetizing, in presentation, appearance or taste. Lentil soup outstanding. We were seated in room directly up few steps from bar. Stfiling hot, we were moved to large dining area temp comfortable.Special Features:
- Relocated to this area recentlyTAF1VIPDined on 12/1/2012Relocated to this area recently from Detroit, where these types of restaurants are virtually on every corner. Sorry to say that this doesn't compare to the worst of them. Too many disappointments to go into details, but suffice it to say that if your expectations are high stay away.