3322 North Turnbull Dr.
Metairie, LA 70002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andybistro.com/
- Phone: 504-455-7363x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5PM - 9PM Monday - Thursday
5PM - 10PM Friday & Saturday
Lunch: 11:00AM - 5:00PM Friday Only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Dwight Sherman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Ponchatrain Room on main floor for up to 30 guests
The Attic at Andy's is on 2nd floor and seats up to 90 guests
- Private Party Contact: Melody Brown 504-460-4670x
- Special Events: Make your Valentine's Day reservations now
A word from Andy's Bistro
Locally owned and located in the heart of Jefferson parish, offering an eclectic selection of Louisiana Contemporary favorites with a neighborhood charm.Continued
Visit Andy's Bistro when you need to "LIFT YOUR SPIRITS."
Visit Andy's Bistro when you need to "LIFT YOUR SPIRITS."
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andy's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (13)romantic (9)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- perfect for date nightnolakatyDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed the sizzling filets. We thought the potatoes au gratin were just okay, so we plan to try different sides next time. The crystal fried onion crusts were delicious, exceptionally seasoned and not greasy. The service was top notch; best dining experience I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLove2dineDined on 8/28/2014Andy's is a favorite place for myself and my friends. The food is excellent and my friends love going on Tuesday or Thursday to take advantage of the $3 martini's. When we went this past Thursday was great except our server had a bit of an attitude. I think was his personality but it was annoying. We have been there many times and we have loved our servers. So I don't rate Andy's Bistro on that. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place in Metairie!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I absolutely LOVE this place!!! Great outdoor setting with drink specials. Wonderful bar area and a beautiful dining area. Their food is spectacular! The crabmeat Napoleon is delicious and there entrees are all good. The service is great from the bartenders to the wait staff.Special Features:
- A pleasant suprise.fatmanadtVIPDined on 7/18/2014While camping in the RV, at Ponchatrain Landing, we decided to look for a place close by that might have something besides fried seafood. Checked out Open Table, read some reviews and chose Andy's. The food was very good. Started with the fried green tomato Napoleon and Brie with raisin sauce. Both were mouth watering. I tried the double cut porkchop with fried parsnip chips over a bed of sweet potatoes. Great. Wife and son both had broiled fish. Both very good. Overall a good meal. My thoughts were that I would not drive to New Orleans to eat here, but if I was in the lakefront area, I would give it another try. Our waiter did a fine job.Special Features:
- OK placeDamayVIPDined on 7/11/2014First I have to say , the service can't be faulted here, we had a very attentive and friendly waiter. My husband had the shrimp and grits, which he really enjoyed, calling the flavor of the shrimp " Drago style" My soft shell crab was less successful. It was deep fried in a tempura batter which turned out to be a little heavy for the delicate crab flavors...couldn't taste much crab at all. The accompanying side dish was a crawfish rice mixture which just turned out a bit heavy and gloppy. I guess Andy's just needs to find it's place still. It has potential
- LolaDined on 7/10/2014Food was delicious and service was good and we did not feel "rushed". After dinner we sat in the patio area and had drinks til late and again, they did not rush us out even though they were in the process of shutting down. We had a great time as it had been a while see we had seen each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014A great place for a special dinner for two or for a group! The food, staff, and ambience are excellent. Love everything about Andy's- and right in your own neighborhood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs lots of workLoriKVIPDined on 6/26/2014The place was nearly empty, yet the food was served cold and was not good. We love Andrea's, so we were very disappointed.
- What a wonderful place!ChrisinhoustonVIPDined on 6/4/2014We dined here while working on a project nearby in Kenner. My husband had heard about it and recommended it and we really had a great meal. I had the petite fillet and it was cooked perfectly, medium rare inside and a nice sear on the outside. My co-worker and I even split a bottle of wine which was quite good, too. Service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyTarheel0416VIPDined on 5/31/2014I had dinner at Andy's on a Saturday with a friend. We started with signature martinis (fabulous) and the crabmeat napoleon (more fabulous). Check out the menu for details - you won't be disappointed. We followed with the mushroom and goat cheese flatbread (very good) and then the softshell crab special. Best I've ever had. Not sure how we stuffed down dessert, but we did - Wedding Cake Douberge. Service was perfect and ambiance very nice.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the Andy's Bistro reviews archive.
- TedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014food was excellent and service was tip top. Server was Ted and he was very good and very prompt and will ask for him again next time i go there food was hot and delicous, drinks were always filled. overall he made my wifes anniverssary dinner great and she wants to go back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood upscale diningFinedineDined on 5/11/2014We've been to Andy's several times and are very impressed with the atmosphere, service level and food. The bar area is nice for cocktails and a quick bite. Drinks are interesting, wine and beer selections are good. The food has always been up to the high standard we expect from local eateries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!singinjoDined on 5/11/2014I've been to Andy's Bistro several times and have never left disappointed in the service, food selection, wine list or ambiance. Thomas Garcia ensures you have a personable, friendly and enjoyable experience which makes it feel like family every time I go. I highly recommend this dinner dining experience to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great job Andy'smeshgearfoxDined on 5/2/2014service and food were top rate; nice wine selection tooSpecial Features:
- No Parking!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/9/2014My experience here started with difficulty parking. They had 2 large parties going on. No idea where to park. Next, travel for business quite a bit, so I eat by myself a lot. If a place has wifi, I try to work. Andy's showed a wifi signal for guests, but it was locked. I asked the waiter about it and he said he didn't know the password. Finally, the food itself was just ok. Nothing amazing. If I head back to Metairie, I'll seek out different restaurants.
- Andy's is Becoming Our "Go to" Spotnewch504Dined on 3/15/2014With great food and great service Andy's is perfect for everything from a romantic night out for two to an energetic small group meal. My wife and I have had the opportunity to dine there a few times and we have never been disappointed. You can't go wrong with starting out with the thinly sliced onion rings and the wedge salad. For entrees, the menu options are plentiful but not so many that it's overwhelming to have to choose. They have everything from pizza and burgers to steaks and seafood and it is all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed Our TreatruthDined on 2/15/2014We decided to try Andy's Bistro for Valentines Day (we went on the 15th). While we generally try to keep our dinners out in the $60-$70 range, this cost us $100, so it was in the "extra nice" category for us. We were not disappointed. My husband had salmon in a balsamic sauce and I had pompano topped with crabmeat. Both were delicious. We started with a crabmeat Napoleon appetizer to share and I had a glass of wine while my husband drank lemonade.Special Features:
- pre-valentine dinnerfoodiedevineDined on 2/13/2014The bar is the best. The bartender knows scotches, and he visits the table to make sure all is good. Wait staff is personable but professional. All work together. Your nose is the first sense to Realize that this would be a great dinner. We had petit filet and grilled pompano. Just not sure if pompano was fresh or frozen? Sides were good too. Will go back and try burger night. That was our 4th trip and all visits were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Successful efforts were madejrjrVIPDined on 1/31/2014Successful efforts were made to reduce noise level - much better but still a bit too loud to hold normal conversation. Food was excellent but service was way off from what it has been in my last several visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is greatPrincessKDined on 1/25/2014The food is great. We found the room very dark in the corner and along the wall. It was very hard to see the menu. Our waiters even had a difficult time seeing. The dropped utensils and water glasses a good bit, due to the darkness. Overall the ambience is great and so is the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimegreatfoodDined on 1/24/2014The experience was wonderful! Food was excellent. The tab was $80.00 a person so can't do it all the time but excellent for special occasions!Special Features:
- First visitERMSMITHDined on 1/17/2014Food was delicious and very pleasant atmosphere. Four women celebrating a birthday.We will be back with our husbands!Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2014Food was very good. Service was great until the end....all of sudden felt we were being rushed....took one person's order for dessert and walked off quickly before other order could be placed.....waiter dropped off check & was gone....didn't ask if needed more coffee until picked up credit card...um, no, too late then. Manager is very good. Wait staff just needs to finish without rushing you out door and not finishing service....before that service was very good. Food is very well prepared and fresh...nice selection...cocktail was good..doberge cake was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Charged Us For What?!Mike068Dined on 1/10/2014Looking forward to restarting "Date Night", where we select a nice place for just the two of us to dine Friday night, we selected Andy's. I ordered the shrimp and grits. She, the drunken chicken. Mine was so salty I sent it back for the salmon. Hers was dry, but she managed it. When time for the check, they had charged us for not only the salt-lick, but also extra for liking our Martinis up! How else does one drink a Martini...really. Three visits from the manager in one evening was too much for our liking, as was the salt, the check, the...
- This restaurant is one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013This restaurant is one of the beat kept secrets in Metairie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicebarnabyDined on 12/30/2013Overall, the food was very good. Loved my son's chicken nuggets and my daughter loved her filet. My fish though tasted a bit fishy, which was disappointing. Didn't want to tell Ted our waiter b/c he was so busy and he i know would have switched it out. He was outstanding. Even with being so busy, his service was incredible. The restaurant was a bit too loud for me but i will ask for a table a bit off from all the others next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvenientNODinerVIPDined on 12/9/2013Average food, well portioned and appropriate to neighborhood. Service was amateurish at best. Kitchen response to optional side veg, less than acceptable.
- EnjoyableBonbonDined on 12/6/2013It was our first time eating at Andy's Bistro and I must say I really enjoyed it.The food was very good ! My husband got the quail and loved it ! The chef even came out to talk to him because our waiter told him how much he liked it.I got the pompano which was very fresh and prepared with crabmeat ,it was excellent! And the wine list was also pretty good.We are taking our kids there for Christmas Eve dinner !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationRetiredx2Dined on 11/21/2013Went here with the girls to celebrate a friends birthday. I had been here several times already and wanted my friends to try it out. The food was great and service too! The chef even prepared a doozie of a dessert special for the birthday girl. Martini specials always make for a good time too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantSatisfiedDined on 11/8/2013Wonderful restaurant with great food and great service, quietly tucked away off veterans.....the food was exquisite and staff were knowledgeable and attentive.....the perfect place for a romantic evening and/or foodie looking for great food.....Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere,and locationPheebieDined on 10/19/2013We were so pleased to find a local non-chain restaurant with excellent food, wonderful ambiance, and prices that are not going to break the bank. We'll continue to dine at Andy's and will absolutely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been twice....SandiDined on 10/16/2013....and both experiences were great. Food was outstanding as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potentialReady2EatDined on 10/15/2013The place looks very nice. Comfortable atmosphere. The chef has some good ideas but, I think a lot of the recipes need further development. Appetizers list is much more impressive than the entrees. Very good bbq shrimp. I'd have to experience it a second (or third) time to really develop an opinion.Special Features:
- Terrific find! Very good food!CyrusVIPDined on 10/4/2013Terrific find! Very good food! Solid menu. Friendly staff. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLudooDined on 9/25/2013Excellent Food and very attentive wait staff. Would highly reccommend Andy's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile Neighborhood GemDiamondDaveDined on 9/16/2013Andy's is conveniently located with ample parking. Inside, it's handsome and comfortable. There's also a small outdoor dining area. Dishes are imaginative, prepared well from top-notch ingredients, plated with attention to detail. Menu choice are varied with good lunch and dinner specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andy's Bistro was perfect for lunchNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/10/2013We stopped in for lunch and had a wonderful meal with great service. Food was excellent, especially the BBQ Shrimp, and the service was truly exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find!!LaurenbessDined on 9/7/2013We came here because my best friend from high school was in town and we wanted somewhere different to go eat. My husband wanted to try this place so we went there. The LSU game was on so the guys were excited to see the outdoor area with two giant tv's playing the game. Inside was beautiful and spacious! The food and martinis were wonderful. I got the fried green tomatoes as my meal (which is actually an appetizer on the menu) and it was so big that it filled me right up! We were too full to get dessert but I can only imagine that if our food was that good, dessert must have been better. Our waiter was amazing as well. Very friendly and energetic. He stayed on top of things the entire night! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time dinerthreemuskateersDined on 8/22/2013We chose Andy's because Thursday is $2 Martini night. Drinks at the bar were a good start. After being seated we were treated to excellant service and a wonderful meal.. We will return to try steak night on a Monday. I have to say that I was a little hesitant at first because this is an "Andrea" restuarant and I have not had any good dining experiences at Andrea's. However, this was a very pleasant experience and I'm looking forward to dining at Andy's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only complaint is the noisejrjrVIPDined on 8/17/2013Only complaint is the noise level. I don't mind a vibrant atmosphere, but its a bit uncomfortable when it's so loud you can't have a normal conversation within your own table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.