Andrew's Bar & Restaurant
415 Genesee St
Delafield, WI 53018Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Andrew's Bar & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedelafieldhotel.com/
- Phone: (262) 646-1620
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonna Froelich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private rooms for groups of 4-24 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Buehler 2626461620x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday & Saturday nights, offering a variety of music.
A word from Andrew's Bar & Restaurant
Andrew's, a casual fine dining restaurant and bar, combines new American cuisine created by Executive Chef, Jonna Froelich, an extensive wine cellar and attentive service in congenial surroundings. Andrew's serves breakfast, lunch & dinner daily with a special brunch menu on Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Andrew's Bar & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Delafield ›
Andrew's Bar & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (45)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (14)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Excellent experience. Andrew's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience at Andrew's RestaurantSteakLoverVIPDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I had dinner at Andrew's recently, after not having dined there for quite a while. There is a new chef now. We enjoyed the duck and chicken entrees tremendously! The food was superb and artistically presented, and the service very good, in a quiet setting. We will be dining there again, and recommend this confidently as an above-average restaurant venue for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMoby12Dined on 11/9/2014Sunday brunch for a birthday celebration was excellent. The salmon mushroom wild rice soup was outstanding. Attentive service and elegant atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent! Enough Said!EaterieDined on 11/8/2014The meal was exceptional, the service was spot on! We totally enjoyed our meal. We noticed others who were dining were on celebrating anniversaries (long stem roses on the table).Special Features:
- Food great, wine knowledge, not so muchDLobDined on 11/7/2014We had a good experience at Andrews. The food was outstanding but the evening was marred by the servers knowing next to nothing about the wines that they offer. When asking for a recommendation, my husband was met with a blank stare and a hasty "I will need to check with someone". No one knew about the wines so if you weren't familiar with the particular wine, you were flying blind. I asked for something simple, Pinot Gris and it was served at room temp instead of chilled. When paying in excess of $180 for dinner for 2, I would expect someone to know about the wines offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!GramaBVIPDined on 11/6/2014You will never be disappointed with your dining experience at Andrew's. Kelly and Bailey always provide excellent service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Perfect for our 24th Wedding Anniversary! Cozy and exceptional food!!Special Features:
- GramaBVIPDined on 11/1/2014We always enjoy a delicious meal at Andrew's along with the top-notch service. Thank You.Special Features:
- Thanks for askingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Just have to enjoy Andrews😊 you can count on great service and delicious food, the baby shower in the next room was some what distracting during brunch but I wouldn't let it change my mind.. I recommend it! I will try it for a romantic dinner soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic!NewBeginningDined on 10/24/2014Wanted to find a new restaurant for us closer to home.Found it! We were seated promptly and customer service was great. Although at times couldn't understand waiter.Not really annoying just funny. we started off with the mushroom soup. Creamy, silky.Nice. I had the walleye while my lovely sweetest day partner had the salmon. All the ingredients on the plate just simply worked together. Wish I had the menu to tell you what they were but kudos to the chef. Ended with a chocolate souffle. Great! Had a little scoop of raspberry sorbet. Tasted raspberry right away, but as the sorbet lingered in your mouth you started tasting chocolate. Wow! Band at bar were playing 70's music. Made for a special first Sweetest Day,even though it was a week late.Special Features:
- FantasticSeniorDined on 10/23/2014Presentation and quality were fantastic. The four entrees provided excellent choices.Special Features:
- Beyond Comparebigguy1Dined on 10/19/2014When you think of Wisconsin you certainly would not expect a dining experience of this quality with such unique options from the first to last course. The service was superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I wanted to take my college age son, who was home for the weekend, out for a nice meal. He enjoys good quality unique dishes and had never been to Andrews before. We had a wonderful meal with lots of seasonal flavors on the menu. Our service was excellent and wine recommendation perfect. The only thing that I would have change was to not sit in a room all by ourselves. We were on the later side of dining that evening with 8:00 reservations so that may have been unavoidable. The chocolate souffle was to die for and the presentation of every course beautiful.Special Features:
- Andrews, a special placeeatwellDined on 10/17/2014we will warmly welcomed at andrews. The service was impeccable. The food was beautiful lly presented and delicious. It was a warm comfortable place to dine and relax while doing so .portion sizes were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination surpriseLindaDined on 10/14/2014We were staying at the Delafield Hotel, and booked dinner in their dining room, not knowing that it was going to be the highlight of our vacation. The food was exceptional, interesting, creative, but not silly. We enjoy a good meal, but we don't seek out the newest and weirdest. Service was attentive, friendly, but unobtrusive. My scallops were cooked just right, and served over mushroom risotto with bacon crisps--a great combination. My husband's walleye came in three small stacks over a cranberry chutney (I think). Not far from Milwaukee, this place, including the superb hotel accommodations, makes for a terrific getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Door Man/KidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014St. Johns military academy students are the doormen (very polite young men) there is also valet parking. It is a high class and costly establishment. All food and service are excellent!!! Not a place to go with a large group unless you reserve a room away from diners, they are there to eat, drink wine and enjoy the silence. You get treated like a king/queen. Dress attire is semi formal, some were casual but it was a more formal casual. Great for small intimate group for b-day, an anniversary or anytime if you have the money. Reservations highly recommended, there is a cute bar area to sit in while waiting for your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as AlwaysletseatoutDined on 10/10/2014Great food and ambience. This was a business lunch and staff was very accommodating as we spent almost 3 hours there. Food was fantastic, quiche, a burger and risotto for 3 hungry diners!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerlmolsonDined on 10/9/2014We dined here on a Thursday night. Not many other diners, but not surprising for a week night. Everything we ate was delicious. Our waiter, Phillip, was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. We would be happy to spend another anniversary here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work in progress, with great foodThosDined on 10/5/2014The food was fabulous, as always. Service was inattentive, despite the fact that the restaurant wasn't very busy. Two of us received our pre-dinner drinks and waited 10 minutes before the bottle of wine was opened for the other 3 guests. Also, as has occurred on many of our previous visits, the kitchen/bar had run out of something. I can understand how this can happen to a restaurant serving fresh items, but I can't understand how the bar can run out of a menu on-tap brew on multiple occasions, including this one. Nevertheless, the dishes are so good and well-prepared that we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We sat on the back deck and although it was a bit cool it was well worth it. If you are willing to spend $100 to $200 on a wonderful dinner and evening, it is highly recommended. Unable to comment on the noise inside since we were outdoors. Food was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible band in the barluv2dineDined on 9/19/2014We brought a special guest, hoping for a quiet evening. Oh no! Loud electric guitar in the bar made it impossible to converse, even in the dining room. Had to move to the porch to continue our evening. Food was excellent, but we would think twice before returning on a weekend.
- Best food in Lake CountryurbancowgirlDined on 9/15/2014Andrew's is the best restaurant in the Lake County area and likely the best in Waukesha County. The chef is extraordinary. Menus change with the seasons, local and quality ingredients. Creative and cutting edge dishes. Great service. One expects this level of sophistication in an urban environment, but here is Lake Country we have one of the top chefs in the greater Milwaukee area. The Foie Gras Waffle is to die for. The soups, salads and appetizers are splendid. I have a hard time making it to the entrees because I love small plates and keep wanting to try them all!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Had a great birthday dinner here. Amazing food, amazing sunset, and amazing character.Special Features:
- Food was great! Service was not.TimandKathyDined on 9/6/2014Remember to request a booth when reserving your table. We didn't and wish we had as the booths are in a different section of the restaurant and are very private. We started out by being seated. But the waiter was obviously confused and, although he didn't take our drink order, proceeded with telling us the specials and asking if we'd like to order. When I told him we would like to order drinks first, he seemed flustered but accommodating. It took an inordinately long time to get our drinks - mine a Gentleman Jack and my wife's a cab. We noticed the couple across from us were haing the same problem. Must have been a new bartender. Anyway, dinner was absolutely fabulous! Their chef is wonderful and I can always expect a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Andrew'sHJP1VIPDined on 9/5/2014One of my favorite places to eat in the area! Great menu, lots of fresh healthy choices. Very willing to accommodate special requests/diets! Love it!Special Features:
- Creative Food AdventuretallpjhDined on 8/30/2014Everything from the appetizer to the desert was a creative surprise! The chef is a genius.Special Features:
- The Go To ExperienceletseatoutDined on 8/30/2014Andrews has long been our family go-to for any special occasion because it is outstanding in every way and on all fronts. Chef Jonna is brilliant and the food always has a surprise to it. The wait staff is knowledgeable and fun as well- couldn't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicedining4funDined on 8/29/2014The service was very poor. The restaurant was not overly busy as there were many empty tables. Our wait staff was not attentive to us and waiting for cocktails after placing our order was unreasonably long. Our waiter described the sea bass special, which two from our party ordered only to return to tell us he no longer had the special. After having a cocktail, we placed our dinner order and then we waited an hour and a half to be served.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Had booked lunch 24 hours in advance, not realizing the porch area dining area was so limited. We were told it would be an hour wait, so decided on a very nice booth area. It was uncomfortably cold, but our waiter graciously adjusted the air. Slow service, but the food was well worth the wait. Very friendly service Will attempt to visit again and reserve outside seating. Great decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationGramaBVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always the perfect spot to celebrate. Excellent food and the best servers ever. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Evening!BippyDined on 8/19/2014Love, Love, Love! Beautiful evening spent on the deck, Amazing menu and the personal touch of the chef chatting with us, Incredible and such a Sweetheart she is!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GramaBVIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a delicious brunch with a friend who had not been to Andrew's before..and thoroughly enjoyed the entrée and service. Thank You. Bailey was delightful as always.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We ate here for dinner, as we were staying at the Delafield Inn (4 adults and 3 kids 8 years and younger). They easily accommodated us and the children. They have a beautiful deck where you can sit outside, but unfortunately, there was no room there. We sat in a room off to the side, which was nice with the 3 kids. The food was absolutely delicious, as were the cocktails. Our only complaint was that the servers did not check on us often enough and we often had empty cocktail/ wine glasses for more time than acceptable. Other than stepping up the service slightly, it was a wonderful and delicious dining experience.Special Features:
- GramaBVIPDined on 8/14/2014Andrew's continues to provide the perfect blend of ambiance and excellent food and the best servers ever~Kelly and Bailey. Thank you for making every dining occasion memorable.Special Features:
- First time at Andrew'sNick8038Dined on 8/12/2014I took my wife to Andrew's for her birthday and we were not disappointed! Great food and amazing service. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andrews dining experienceARBGREATDined on 8/1/2014The dining experience was fabulous! Great meal,wine selections, appetizers a entrees and desserts. The staff service was excellent. It was an anniversary celebration and the extra attention was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! One of my best meals ever.FindFoodWillTravelDined on 8/1/2014I was blown away with the amazing food at Andrew's — not only was it delicious, farm fresh, perfectly balanced, and expertly prepared — it was also a masterpiece to behold. The mix of flavors and textures, the artistry of the cooking was truly outstanding and memorable. I just returned home from a trip to Paris. We ate some fabulous food there, and I have to say that Andrew's was even better than anything I ate there. It's that good. Truly one of the best meals I've ever had, anywhere. Service was attentive and excellent. It made the amazing dining experience all the better. Looking forward to returning soon. So glad to have such a dining gem close to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubblesBUBBLESDined on 7/31/2014This was my second time at the restaurant and still did not have a good experience. It wasn't busy at all and waited 45 minutes for our food to arrive without an appearance from our waiter.
- The following 369 reviews are from the Andrew's Bar & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Twentieth AnniversaryTwentiethDined on 7/12/2014I was hoping for a wonderful evening and Andrew' Bar & Restaurant was able to deliver. The only thing missed was the bread service in the beginning. We had an early start to our evening so the staff might have been thrown off with a full crew of people attending to our needs. They did a great job checking in, however not to frequently so we could enjoy the secluded booth with the wonderful food we ordered, which was the Salmon and Wild Boar, both delicious, tender and well seasoned, not salty. We started off with the Hamachi Sashimi and Farmers market salad both perfect. We could resist the desserts Dark Chocolate Souffle, which was absolutely wonderful. If you like rhubarb this is the tart the Rhubarb Brown Butter Tart for you.Special Features:
- Hard to beatChuckDVIPDined on 7/11/20142nd time at this marvelous establishment and it did not disappoint. First of all, the service is outstanding. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately. We had a party of four and sat in a nice private booth. The strawberry salad and lobster bibb were delicious and our main courses were high quality, cooked to perfection and presented wonderfully. Our group had the beef, boar and lamb, and we were all delighted. We drive from Minneapolis to eat here and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.