Andrew's Bar & Restaurant
415 Genesee St
Delafield, WI 53018Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Andrew's Bar & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedelafieldhotel.com/
- Phone: 2626461620x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonna Froelich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private rooms for groups of 4-24 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Buehler 2626461620x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday & Saturday nights, offering a variety of music.
A word from Andrew's Bar & Restaurant
Andrew's, a casual fine dining restaurant and bar, combines new American cuisine created by Executive Chef, Jonna Froelich, an extensive wine cellar and attentive service in congenial surroundings. Andrew's serves breakfast, lunch & dinner daily with a special brunch menu on Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Andrew's Bar & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Delafield ›
Andrew's Bar & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (51)romantic (35)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (16)good for groups (15)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best food in Lake CountryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Andrew's is the best restaurant in the Lake County area and likely the best in Waukesha County. The chef is extraordinary. Menus change with the seasons, local and quality ingredients. Creative and cutting edge dishes. Great service. One expects this level of sophistication in an urban environment, but here is Lake Country we have one of the top chefs in the greater Milwaukee area. The Foie Gras Waffle is to die for. The soups, salads and appetizers are splendid. I have a hard time making it to the entrees because I love small plates and keep wanting to try them all!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Had a great birthday dinner here. Amazing food, amazing sunset, and amazing character.Special Features:
- Food was great! Service was not.TimandKathyDined on 9/6/2014Remember to request a booth when reserving your table. We didn't and wish we had as the booths are in a different section of the restaurant and are very private. We started out by being seated. But the waiter was obviously confused and, although he didn't take our drink order, proceeded with telling us the specials and asking if we'd like to order. When I told him we would like to order drinks first, he seemed flustered but accommodating. It took an inordinately long time to get our drinks - mine a Gentleman Jack and my wife's a cab. We noticed the couple across from us were haing the same problem. Must have been a new bartender. Anyway, dinner was absolutely fabulous! Their chef is wonderful and I can always expect a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Andrew'sHJP1VIPDined on 9/5/2014One of my favorite places to eat in the area! Great menu, lots of fresh healthy choices. Very willing to accommodate special requests/diets! Love it!Special Features:
- Creative Food AdventuretallpjhDined on 8/30/2014Everything from the appetizer to the desert was a creative surprise! The chef is a genius.Special Features:
- The Go To ExperienceletseatoutDined on 8/30/2014Andrews has long been our family go-to for any special occasion because it is outstanding in every way and on all fronts. Chef Jonna is brilliant and the food always has a surprise to it. The wait staff is knowledgeable and fun as well- couldn't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicedining4funDined on 8/29/2014The service was very poor. The restaurant was not overly busy as there were many empty tables. Our wait staff was not attentive to us and waiting for cocktails after placing our order was unreasonably long. Our waiter described the sea bass special, which two from our party ordered only to return to tell us he no longer had the special. After having a cocktail, we placed our dinner order and then we waited an hour and a half to be served.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Had booked lunch 24 hours in advance, not realizing the porch area dining area was so limited. We were told it would be an hour wait, so decided on a very nice booth area. It was uncomfortably cold, but our waiter graciously adjusted the air. Slow service, but the food was well worth the wait. Very friendly service Will attempt to visit again and reserve outside seating. Great decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationGramaBVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always the perfect spot to celebrate. Excellent food and the best servers ever. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Evening!BippyDined on 8/19/2014Love, Love, Love! Beautiful evening spent on the deck, Amazing menu and the personal touch of the chef chatting with us, Incredible and such a Sweetheart she is!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GramaBVIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a delicious brunch with a friend who had not been to Andrew's before..and thoroughly enjoyed the entrée and service. Thank You. Bailey was delightful as always.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We ate here for dinner, as we were staying at the Delafield Inn (4 adults and 3 kids 8 years and younger). They easily accommodated us and the children. They have a beautiful deck where you can sit outside, but unfortunately, there was no room there. We sat in a room off to the side, which was nice with the 3 kids. The food was absolutely delicious, as were the cocktails. Our only complaint was that the servers did not check on us often enough and we often had empty cocktail/ wine glasses for more time than acceptable. Other than stepping up the service slightly, it was a wonderful and delicious dining experience.Special Features:
- GramaBVIPDined on 8/14/2014Andrew's continues to provide the perfect blend of ambiance and excellent food and the best servers ever~Kelly and Bailey. Thank you for making every dining occasion memorable.Special Features:
- First time at Andrew'sNick8038Dined on 8/12/2014I took my wife to Andrew's for her birthday and we were not disappointed! Great food and amazing service. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andrews dining experienceARBGREATDined on 8/1/2014The dining experience was fabulous! Great meal,wine selections, appetizers a entrees and desserts. The staff service was excellent. It was an anniversary celebration and the extra attention was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! One of my best meals ever.FindFoodWillTravelDined on 8/1/2014I was blown away with the amazing food at Andrew's — not only was it delicious, farm fresh, perfectly balanced, and expertly prepared — it was also a masterpiece to behold. The mix of flavors and textures, the artistry of the cooking was truly outstanding and memorable. I just returned home from a trip to Paris. We ate some fabulous food there, and I have to say that Andrew's was even better than anything I ate there. It's that good. Truly one of the best meals I've ever had, anywhere. Service was attentive and excellent. It made the amazing dining experience all the better. Looking forward to returning soon. So glad to have such a dining gem close to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubblesBUBBLESDined on 7/31/2014This was my second time at the restaurant and still did not have a good experience. It wasn't busy at all and waited 45 minutes for our food to arrive without an appearance from our waiter.
- Twentieth AnniversaryTwentiethDined on 7/12/2014I was hoping for a wonderful evening and Andrew' Bar & Restaurant was able to deliver. The only thing missed was the bread service in the beginning. We had an early start to our evening so the staff might have been thrown off with a full crew of people attending to our needs. They did a great job checking in, however not to frequently so we could enjoy the secluded booth with the wonderful food we ordered, which was the Salmon and Wild Boar, both delicious, tender and well seasoned, not salty. We started off with the Hamachi Sashimi and Farmers market salad both perfect. We could resist the desserts Dark Chocolate Souffle, which was absolutely wonderful. If you like rhubarb this is the tart the Rhubarb Brown Butter Tart for you.Special Features:
- Hard to beatChuckDVIPDined on 7/11/20142nd time at this marvelous establishment and it did not disappoint. First of all, the service is outstanding. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately. We had a party of four and sat in a nice private booth. The strawberry salad and lobster bibb were delicious and our main courses were high quality, cooked to perfection and presented wonderfully. Our group had the beef, boar and lamb, and we were all delighted. We drive from Minneapolis to eat here and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious dinnertmortDined on 7/3/2014We took our two daughters to dinner with us. The staff was wonderful! The food was absolutely amazing! We had a wonderful time,and plan on returning on our next visit to delafield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 6/29/2014I'm hoping we just caught Andrew's having a bad night. I've eaten at Andrew's several times and have been happy, but this time our party of six had some less than perfect dinners - mainly the five who had meat dishes (lamb, beef, and boar) that were overcooked. Two asked for medium and three requested medium rare. They all were closer to medium well. I spoke to our waiter (who was excellent), and he stated they had a new chef working the grill station. I hope the restaurant will address this. My wife had the halibut - a dish she has loved to have at Andrew's. This latest preparation was not as tasty for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!THeTsVIPDined on 6/28/2014First and most important the food was excellent. The service over all was very good. The only slight complaint is there was a bit of a gap between when we got our drinks and when they came back to take our order. I almost hate to mention it because in so many places they bring your drink and before you can even taste it they have the pencil out asking for your order. I do like the idea that they give you time to enjoy your drink and think a little. But there is also that tipping point where you begin to think: Are they just letting us relax or did they forget us. It was just at that point that the server returned, so not a big deal really. After that the service was well paced and attentive. I would certainly recommend Andrews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Salad could have used a bit more flavor, seafood dish could have used a bit less butter...beyond that...dining here was a fantastic experience. Flavors were numerous and complimentary. Service was great. Lovely patio that likely gets real hot in the evening. This wasn't the case for us though as it was overcast and fairly cool. We've already recommended this restaurant to two friends.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Porch!thymeDined on 6/27/2014Wonderful gourmet food and great service. We ate outside, on the porch. Loved the hanging herb pots, swinging in the breeze. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second lunch visitfiddlinroundDined on 6/24/2014Both visits for lunch at Andrew's Restaurant were excellent. We have only ordered salads, some with salmon or other meat added. This time I opted for the smaller salad plus a cup of soup. I would recommend all of those items. Also ordered dessert this time: The delay for dessert to arrive at our table was excessive. There was an apology but no explanation for the delay. Was it related to the fact that the menu described the cheesecake as accompanied by passion fruit but it was delivered instead with a strawberry? My carrot cake was slightly disappointing in that it lacked somewhat in flavor. But overall the dining experience was very good for a casual business lunch. It seemed that most diners at the restaurant were also business lunching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6/20 anniversary dinnerannajakDined on 6/20/2014perfectly cooked halibut and pork/great presentation and accompanying veggies. great local greens for salad. Chocolate sorbet was fantastic. husband liked the peanut chocolate souffle also. waiter helpful in selecting wine.Special Features:
- CAC6VIPDined on 6/17/2014I had a business lunch there. It was perfect. The food was excellent also. Nice and quiet inside so we could talk easily.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Truly a delicious Chef prepared meal, combination of flavors make it a beautiful dining experience. Great waitstaff, ambience is terrific. I love this restaurant for a special occasion, or just a delicous meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet LunchFoodieDined on 6/14/2014We have been meeting friends from the Milwaukee area at Andrews for years. The meal we had this past week was outstanding. It was truly a gourmet lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2014Not only did the food taste great....the presentation of it was a piece of art. Staff was attentive and friendly. I adore the warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodHappyEatersDined on 6/3/2014Andrew's came highly recommended, and didn't disappoint. We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary there, and the chef put together delicious combinations of foods and sauces. The service was also outstanding. We had a four course meal, and though it was a bit pricy, it was worth every bit. We had the Alaskan halibut, and we both said it was the best halibut we've ever had. We started by sharing the cheese and fruit tray with three great cheeses, apple slices, cranberries, warm sugared pecans, etc. Yum. The salad was likewise delicious, and we ended with desserts that again were out of this world. Highly recommend Andrew's to anyone for a special occasion or just a terrific meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Although the food was very good, it lacked consistency. Both of us had Eggs Benedict, one egg was over cooked and another was under cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyExceptionalDined on 5/30/2014Provided timely seating in private room. Outstanding, for the exact intentbifvholding our business meeting/lunch. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andrews is a sumptuous surpriseTortugitaDined on 5/26/2014I had been at the bar twice for a wonderful evening of music but I was still surprised that the intriguing menu and fabulous food surpassed high expectations, as well as the unexpected outdoor patio view! I can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but expensiveNickelsDined on 5/23/2014We really enjoyed our dining experince as it is a great place for a date. It's a little expensive with most dishes priced at $36.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 351 reviews are from the Andrew's Bar & Restaurant reviews archive.
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Dined at Andrew's for Sunday brunch with my family as a belated Mother's Day celebration. I had been to Andrew's once before on a whim with my boyfriend and was blown away! I was really looking forward to spoil and impress my family (especially mom) and was not disappointed! Service was great, very kind and warm hearted. The food was phenomenal; to the point when one person was full, they passed it on and someone else was dying to try what they had! Last, but not least, the building and atmosphere is undeniably the best I've experienced in a long time. Looking forward to come back and try dinner! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Everything about Andrew's was excellent. Food, wine, service, and ambience were all well above average. We will dine here again and we would recommend it to any of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a difference a chef makesGraciesGuyVIPDined on 5/13/2014I was so disappointed with Andrews for so many years. it just never seemed to hit the mark. Now, it knocks it out of the ballpark. Fantastic menu with seasonal inspirations, great tastes and fantastic presentation. They went from the pits to the peak. Three dinners in the last month and each one was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsKKCKDined on 5/10/2014We love Andrews for special occasions. We always celebrate Christmas Eve with family and friends. We just attended Mother's Day Saturday night. We have told other friends who also now enjoy Andrews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014The only thing lacking was that the waitress never offered to refill my water after my first glass and did not offer any more coffee until I was way done with dessert and both my water glass and coffee cup had been empty for quite a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.