Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
712 W Brookhaven Cir
Memphis, TN 38117-4504Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andrewmichaelitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: 9013473569x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Hudman & Andy Ticer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
A Southern perspective on traditional Italian. Online reservations are available for parties of 6 or less.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Memphis ›
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)fit for foodies (71)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (33)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantastic Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Andrew and Michael are amazing chefs! We have eaten at both of their places and it's been awesome every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was out this world great. Our server was very polite and not pushy. This was the best meal I have had out in months. I very High Recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- KTSdockDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed great food and great service. Unusual menu. Not odd, just different. Select ala carte from 3 courses. Great wine selection. Menu changes frequently, but that's ok! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something new!ChrisDined on 9/16/2014SIx of us gathered together and interestingly enough, each person ordered a different entree'. No one was disappointed. The uniqueness of each entree', the balance of flavors, and the presentation are a tribute to the knowledge and creativity of Andrew and Michael. We also shared a variety of pastas....each one quite flavorful and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerlocaleaterDined on 9/5/2014We had the 6 course chef's tasting. The blue crab and frito misto were both outstanding and creative flavor combinations. The gnocchi sardi (very homey comfort-food) and maccheroni (veggies were the star in this one) were very tasty but too salty. The hogfish snapper was amazing and I was honestly too full to eat the duck because I had to save room for dessert. The cannoli was light and refreshing and the sticky toffee pudding was fabulous, except the salted caramel gelato seemed overly salty. Our server was wonderful and explained everything in detail. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- OutstandingFrodoggDined on 8/30/2014Went to celebrate 17th anniversary and had the 6 course chef's tasting menu. Food was outstanding with great service. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- WOW!Didgr8Dined on 8/29/2014The food was out of this world. Our server was so helpful, what a great experience.Special Features:
- The AM Breakfast Blew Our MindsFletchVIPDined on 8/23/2014We left our meal in the chefs' hands, opting for the five-course dinner and sampling some of the finest, freshest, and tastiest dishes they selected for us (we were feeling adventurous). Without question, if you plan to dine here, start with the AM breakfast. It felt like getting tucked into bed--the comfiest of comfort foods. You will want to lick the bowl afterward or slap the person sitting next to you. It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but priceyMarciDined on 8/23/2014It was our first time there and we were absolutely lost with the menu. I was hoping for more Italian food. The server went over the menu items quickly and was not very helpful in guiding us to the best courses for us. We each chose the 5 course Chef's choice dinner. Every course was a surprise. The food was presented beautifully and was delicious but a warning to the unaware, the portions are small and very pricey. This place is definitely for the rich.Special Features:
- Good pasta. Service, not so much.DeneDineVIPDined on 8/20/2014The pasta dishes really impressed but the love affair stops there. Most of the other dishes are lackluster. The fritto misto was hard and overcooked, not light and delicate as is usually the case. The veal was dry and my portion looked anemic. I sent the first one back and it took them over 20 minutes to get me a new entree. All the other guests with us were finished with their meals already. We also asked the restaurant to order cabs for six of us to go back to the hotel. One small cab arrived and we had to wait 30 minutes for a second taxi cab. No attempt was made to rectify the tragic service. It's unfortunate when unprofessional service distracts from a meal that might have been pretty good otherwise.
- Things have changedScott5064Dined on 8/20/2014As always, the flavor is exceptional as well as the service. The portions are noticeably smaller than they used to be.Special Features:
- overatedjmackDined on 8/20/2014I expected more after hearing good things about this restaurant, but overall disappointed. The noise level was over the top. You could not even talk to the person sitting next to you ---it was so loud!. I would not go again. Food is ok but nothing special----better places to eat
- Excellent All AroundShandogDined on 8/19/2014Great service and incredible food! The pork belly on AM Breakfast to die for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT AS USUALbdpmVIPDined on 8/16/2014FOOD IS ALWAYS SO UNUSUAL AND A REAL TREAT! we love sitting in the bar area. Brought friends with us …they loved it as well. sat in the dining room this time…still prefer the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly dining experienceSatisfiedDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurant is a house conversion with different rooms. which lowers noise level and gives a homey romantic atmosphere. A bit pricey for everyday fare, but a good choice for special occasions.Special Features:
- Innovative cuisineannieVIPDined on 8/12/2014Summer menu with locally sourced produce, innovative recipes. The lamb with blueberries was great, so was the signature popcorn gelato with caramelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal !!!ShandogDined on 8/7/2014The tasting menu was incredible. Highly recommend this restaurant. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in the SouthannieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Stellar chefs, innovative menu, fresh, locally sourced and always changing, killer cocktails. Best destination in town for foodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perhaps an off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014Two of us had a poor experience here last Saturday evening. Prior visits have been superb and rated 5 stars on all categories. This visit was different. Very slow service, extremely undercooked fish, and not the usual efficiency. Could not figure out if the problem was the kitchen or servers. We will try again, but perhaps not on a Saturday.
- Third time in a monthMichaelrayDined on 8/2/2014This is the third time we have been to AMIK in the last 30 days. We have had out of town guests and wanted to show them the best Memphis has to offer. We tried the tasting menu with wine. It was outstanding. The wines were all expertly paired. All the courses were interesting and well presented. Christopher was an incredible waiter, he knew every ingredient and answered all of our questions. This has become our favorite place in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchMichaelrayDined on 7/26/2014We had a table for five for brunch. The menu covered everything you would ever want for brunch. The service was exceptional. Everything was cooked to perfection. The wine list was extremely reasonable. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- 1LoveAffairDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The vegetables were straight from the garden. The staff and our waitress were professional and knowledgeable of everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Course MealsanserefDined on 7/12/2014This is our favorite spot to enjoy a full course meal. We had 6 courses, all vegetarian (special order) with wine pairings. One of the dishes was made specifically for us, and it was outstanding! The service was spectacular, the food wonderful, and the wine pairings were perfect (which is often the part many restaurants don't get quite right).Special Features:
- amazingdbarVIPDined on 7/11/2014we're going back tuesday just an incredible meal all aroundSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningBebec33Dined on 7/8/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. We decided to have the chef's choice with the wine pairings. It was so much fun! I think it is one of our most fun Anniversary dinner memories.Special Features:
- So niceBellabravaDined on 7/5/2014Nice young-ish crowd, wonderful food and presentation. It was really loud due to acoustics and our proximity to one drunk group of four but a bit quieter once they left. Our favorite restaurant in Memphis. The only issue was the outside sign is invisible at night and it looks like the outside of a dentist office so no way to know it was a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Birthday DinnerGtownCoupleDined on 7/5/2014It is unusual for us to enjoy four courses and not have a single recommendation for improvement. The service, the drinks, the wine and the food were all well done. The excellent server was especially well-versed in the preparation of each menu item and answered every question without going to the kitchen for an answer. What a pleasure! The reduction topping the short ribs alone would bring me back again. The lemon tart and budino desserts were a wonderful finishing touch. One of the best meals we've had in Memphis, or anywhere else, for that matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Meal`EMG62Dined on 7/3/2014We had a great family evening at AMIK. Beautiful mahi mahi, pasta, and dessert. Attentive but not overly intrusive service. Very comfortable and welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceNiv02Dined on 7/1/2014This was a fantastic find. I took my husband to AM for his birthday dinner and it was perfect. The food was fantastic, the ambience great and the service great! We loved the 3-4 course meal layout of the menu an ideal way to experience very many favours! We will definitely head back to AM again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real winning combinationMichaelrayDined on 6/28/2014The food and service at AMIK is outstanding. We tried every item on the menu and every single plate delivered. The specialty drinks were a great start. The ravioli is not be missed. Everything was fresh and well seasoned.Special Features:
- Culinary Expereince!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/26/2014From the the illustrative description delivered by our server to the artful creation by the chef this restaurant and staff deliver on the promise from starters to dessert. Do not miss!Special Features:
- A/M great nightCowboyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Ticer and Hudman continue to make the magic happen! A fun place, great food, great service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine!MemphisMadgeDined on 6/24/2014AMIK is a treasure in Memphis. The beet salad, potato gnocchi, braised short ribs were the top faves of the table, but everything was absolutely delicious. Impeccable service, amazing cocktails and food out of this world - perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatbdpmVIPDined on 6/24/2014We absolutely love the food, service, attention to detail...wines are great. The outside view is debatable. Nice effort with veg garden. It needs a bit more artistic endeavor. We love to sit in the bar area...it is small and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!LovebirdsDined on 6/21/2014We wanted a special restaurant to celebrate our 28th anniversary and Andrew Michael did not disappoint. The food was fresh and in wonderful new combinations. I left my choices to our server and he did a marvelous job of encouraging me to try things that I normally would not eat, and it was diving. The salad and pasta courses in particular were fresh, unique and so flavorful. This is a wonderful place for a special occasion dinner - it was quiet and easy to have a conversation. We do plan to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restauranttablefor2plsDined on 6/20/2014AM 's got to have the most " out of the ordinary " appetizers, not your day to day spaghetti and meat balls italian place. AM is creative and knows how to please your palate, if you have one. Try the cold italian cuts and the bkfst egg for appetizer, yes at dinner time! we just keep coming back to the place, reservations highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seemethereagainDined on 6/18/2014Great food and service. Would go back there again for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTrogVIPDined on 6/13/2014We did the 5 course pairing menu, and you should too. Let them give you what's best and you'll be happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your traditional Italian rest.Janet60Dined on 6/7/2014We found that the food had to many flavors going on. we had the risotto with scallops, we couldn't tell what was what the scallops were in tiny pieces in the rice. My gnocchi were tiny, too rich, too fatty tasting, actually gave me very bad acid reflux. My husband ordered the pork chop, now this was EXCELLENT. I wish I had ordered it instead of the gnocchi. We even took the bone home! I recommend you go and have the pork!Special Features:
- Excellent!!foodiewinoDined on 5/30/2014Our server explained each dish that we asked about in detail. He was very informative. He also recommended various wines to compliment each course. Every dish was spectacular! We had the charcuterie plate to start, which was dynamite, especially the pate. Our next course was the AM salad and AM breakfast, both excellent. For our pasta course, we tried Maw Maw's ravioli, gnocchi sardi, and agnolotti, which we ordered a second portion of because it was SO GOOD!! For our entrees, we had the butterfish, the lamb, the pork, and some more pasta. All excellent. For dessert, we had the cheesecake, the s'mores gelato, and chocolate sticky toffee pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen reviews archive.