Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
712 W Brookhaven Cir
Memphis, TN 38117-4504Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andrewmichaelitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: (901) 347-3569
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Hudman & Andy Ticer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
A Southern perspective on traditional Italian. Online reservations are available for parties of 6 or less.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Memphis ›
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)fit for foodies (70)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (35)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- slow seating but worth waitJasonDined on 11/14/2014We had reservations for 8:30, but didn't get seated until 9:00. Although annoying, they presented us with a complimentary cheese plate soon after being seated. The food was amazing, as always. I had the a.m. breakfast, oxtail gnocchi and the sticky toffee pudding, which was, without question the tastiest desert I've ever had (not a big dessert guy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dacmandacmanDined on 11/14/2014Andrew Michael's is one of the most unique restaurants this experienced diner has ever been to. With locally sourced, healthy ingredients, AM creates unique dishes from interesting combinations of things--some of which sound odd at first, or very obscure, but just seem to work perfectly together. The menu changes daily, and sometimes during the evening, depending upon what ingredients the chef has for that day to work with. At first, with such a unique menu and some ingredients with which we were completely unfamiliar, we wondered whether there would be anything suitable for us on the menu. But our excellent waiter was quite knowledgeable as to every menu item, its components and its preparation, and explained everything in patient and proud detail, and we found dishes each of us could choose. AM is billed as "Italian" but really isn't, as it's quite eclectic, and there is nothing "traditional" here! For the diner seeking traditional italian fare, AM isn't. You'll find no parmesan chicken or veal, no saltimbocca, etc (there is a Carrabba's right around the corner for those seeking the routine), but for the adventurous diner who loves food in unique and creative combinations and preparations, AM is an absolute gem and one of the most special I've ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary dinnerTiffanySDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed cheese plate, straiticella crab and beef tartar appetizers, then gnocchi and macceroni with black pepper pasta and coconut sorbet with pistachios and chocolate budini with homemade toffee for desserts. Brought a bottle of wine with us. All food came out perfectly timed for a leisurely 2 hour meal. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank youdelicatessenaDined on 11/4/2014Let me cancel my trip to Europe. The food, wine, atmosphere and service was wonderful. I will see you very soon.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Memphis.MasseyjwDined on 11/1/2014Andrew Michael's is my favorite restaurant in town. The plates are not big which allows you to try several things. Everything is wonderful and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in MemphisLewisVIPDined on 11/1/2014One of the best places to eat in the country, amazing food done with a feeling that your part of the family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, contemporary Italian.MunchelloDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed our meal at A/M. Portion sizes allow for a complete 4 or 5 course dinner without overeating. The wait staff was courteous and knowledgeable, and the food came out at a perfect pace. The appetizers, salads, and desserts were outstanding. Our entrees were very good, though the dishes could be simplified just a little. We would definitely visit A/M again, next time we're in Memphis.Special Features:
- Never DifferentJackDined on 10/25/2014Always the same - outstanding food and service!! The menu is creative, fresh, and uses only the finest local ingredients. What a treat!Special Features:
- Waiter was horrid. Food was perfectBigEater85Dined on 10/25/2014As soon as we refused to order the $131 bottle of wine that the waiter was pushing on us, he left our table and did not pay attention to us the rest of the night. When he took our order he was obviously displeased that we didn't order the food that he suggested. He made the experience less enjoyable for both of us with his constant pressure on us to buy the most expensive items on the menu. However, the food was perfect, despite the small portions. Even so, I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemILuvGdFoodDined on 10/24/2014The quality of food is excellent. If you are hungry, you have to order one dish each fro starter, pastas, entrees and dessert. That makes it expensive.Special Features:
- RusShellDined on 10/22/2014Went for my 40th birthday, ordered the Chef's Menu (6 course) & it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014We found out about this place from friends in CO. What a wonderful place. Small but the cuisine is excellent. It is NOT a Pasta/meatballs place but rather a high end course driven meal plan. Get that Maw Maw Ravioli, it is OUTSTANDING! A wonderful place with five star food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST. MEAL. EVER!!MemphisMadgeDined on 10/10/2014This is my second time to AMIK and as the saying goes, "it's never as good as the first time" does not apply here. My husband ordered the AM Breakfast as a starter and it may be the best thing ever made! I am not a poached egg fan - the runny yolk kind of grosses me out, but let me tell you - the poached egg in the polenta with the pork belly - oh, lawdy - it was manna from heaven. And oh, the potato gnocchi - stuffed with country ham - out of this world! I asked for bread to sop up the gravy - my husband was a little embarrassed that I was sopping gravy in this nice restaurant, but there was no way I was going to let one morsel be taken away from me. I need to create a new word for AMIK because delicious does not do it justice.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysbdpmVIPDined on 10/10/2014It is always difficult deciding, every dish is so good. We shared 4 plates. 2 appetizers and 2 pasta dishes. No desert this time. Wines are great..they are good at pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014We took our daughter there for her birthday dinner. She had read about Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen in a Memphis foodie magazine. We had the best meal! And the staff was superb. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealjofontDined on 10/10/2014Had a wonderful dinner 10/10/14. There were 3 in our party, and everyone loved the food. Some of the most flavorful dishes I have had. truly one of the best meals I have had in quite some time. The wait staff was very helpful and so knowledgeable about the menu. Both the bar and food menus were full of new and innovative items. Just can't say enough good stuff about this place! Will definately go back on my next trip.Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperiencewifeluvditDined on 10/7/2014We especially enjoyed the Gnocchi Sardi as well as the Caprese. I will never forget how tasty the Halibut entree was. It is definitely a place to return to again and again. The very personable waitress was a terrific complement to the meal. Two thumbs up from me and my wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuinnVIPDined on 10/4/2014As usual, the food is very, but the service is lacking.Special Features:
- Andrew Michael - A Great SpotXcal1887Dined on 10/4/2014One of the two or three best spots in the city. Food is excellent and the service is the best! Not the most attractice room in the world, but I can overlook that. Highly recommended. I've eaten there 4 times and every visit was consistently great.Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I asked for a quiet table for 2 since it was our anniversary. I was given a table right next to a waiter's terminal so my wife had a nice view of the waiters backside much of the night. With all of the hard space it was also very noisy as they had mostly large parties. I was disappointed in the atmosphere escpecially since I had told the reservationist (and OpenTable comments) that it was our anniversary. There was another more suitable table that was vacant until much later in the evening that we could have been given.Special Features:
- Best birthday dinner yet!Aad928Dined on 9/27/2014Wonderful service and so accommodating to my gluten allergy. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Andrew and Michael are amazing chefs! We have eaten at both of their places and it's been awesome every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJohnDined on 9/19/2014The food was out this world great. Our server was very polite and not pushy. This was the best meal I have had out in months. I very High Recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- KTSdockDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed great food and great service. Unusual menu. Not odd, just different. Select ala carte from 3 courses. Great wine selection. Menu changes frequently, but that's ok! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something new!ChrisDined on 9/16/2014SIx of us gathered together and interestingly enough, each person ordered a different entree'. No one was disappointed. The uniqueness of each entree', the balance of flavors, and the presentation are a tribute to the knowledge and creativity of Andrew and Michael. We also shared a variety of pastas....each one quite flavorful and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerlocaleaterVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had the 6 course chef's tasting. The blue crab and frito misto were both outstanding and creative flavor combinations. The gnocchi sardi (very homey comfort-food) and maccheroni (veggies were the star in this one) were very tasty but too salty. The hogfish snapper was amazing and I was honestly too full to eat the duck because I had to save room for dessert. The cannoli was light and refreshing and the sticky toffee pudding was fabulous, except the salted caramel gelato seemed overly salty. Our server was wonderful and explained everything in detail. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- OutstandingFrodoggDined on 8/30/2014Went to celebrate 17th anniversary and had the 6 course chef's tasting menu. Food was outstanding with great service. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- WOW!Didgr8Dined on 8/29/2014The food was out of this world. Our server was so helpful, what a great experience.Special Features:
- The AM Breakfast Blew Our MindsFletchVIPDined on 8/23/2014We left our meal in the chefs' hands, opting for the five-course dinner and sampling some of the finest, freshest, and tastiest dishes they selected for us (we were feeling adventurous). Without question, if you plan to dine here, start with the AM breakfast. It felt like getting tucked into bed--the comfiest of comfort foods. You will want to lick the bowl afterward or slap the person sitting next to you. It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but priceyMarciDined on 8/23/2014It was our first time there and we were absolutely lost with the menu. I was hoping for more Italian food. The server went over the menu items quickly and was not very helpful in guiding us to the best courses for us. We each chose the 5 course Chef's choice dinner. Every course was a surprise. The food was presented beautifully and was delicious but a warning to the unaware, the portions are small and very pricey. This place is definitely for the rich.Special Features:
- Good pasta. Service, not so much.DeneDineVIPDined on 8/20/2014The pasta dishes really impressed but the love affair stops there. Most of the other dishes are lackluster. The fritto misto was hard and overcooked, not light and delicate as is usually the case. The veal was dry and my portion looked anemic. I sent the first one back and it took them over 20 minutes to get me a new entree. All the other guests with us were finished with their meals already. We also asked the restaurant to order cabs for six of us to go back to the hotel. One small cab arrived and we had to wait 30 minutes for a second taxi cab. No attempt was made to rectify the tragic service. It's unfortunate when unprofessional service distracts from a meal that might have been pretty good otherwise.
- Things have changedScott5064Dined on 8/20/2014As always, the flavor is exceptional as well as the service. The portions are noticeably smaller than they used to be.Special Features:
- overatedjmackDined on 8/20/2014I expected more after hearing good things about this restaurant, but overall disappointed. The noise level was over the top. You could not even talk to the person sitting next to you ---it was so loud!. I would not go again. Food is ok but nothing special----better places to eat
- Excellent All AroundShandogDined on 8/19/2014Great service and incredible food! The pork belly on AM Breakfast to die for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT AS USUALbdpmVIPDined on 8/16/2014FOOD IS ALWAYS SO UNUSUAL AND A REAL TREAT! we love sitting in the bar area. Brought friends with us …they loved it as well. sat in the dining room this time…still prefer the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly dining experienceSatisfiedDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurant is a house conversion with different rooms. which lowers noise level and gives a homey romantic atmosphere. A bit pricey for everyday fare, but a good choice for special occasions.Special Features:
- Innovative cuisineannieVIPDined on 8/12/2014Summer menu with locally sourced produce, innovative recipes. The lamb with blueberries was great, so was the signature popcorn gelato with caramelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal !!!ShandogDined on 8/7/2014The tasting menu was incredible. Highly recommend this restaurant. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in the SouthannieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Stellar chefs, innovative menu, fresh, locally sourced and always changing, killer cocktails. Best destination in town for foodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perhaps an off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014Two of us had a poor experience here last Saturday evening. Prior visits have been superb and rated 5 stars on all categories. This visit was different. Very slow service, extremely undercooked fish, and not the usual efficiency. Could not figure out if the problem was the kitchen or servers. We will try again, but perhaps not on a Saturday.