Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar
Carmel, CA 93921Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andresbouchee.com/
- Phone: 8316267880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is served Wednesday thru Sunday from 11:30 til 2pm. The wine bar opens at 4:30 pm daily til 9:30pm.
Dinner is served seven nights weekly from 5:30pm-9:30pm . Andre's Bouchee Wine Merchant opens Wed - Sun from 11:30am til 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Andre Lemaire
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties up to 60 people, with a set menu.
Semi-private wine cellar with a capacity of sixteen.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Lemaire 8316267880x
- Special Events: Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar also has special winemaker dinners featuring some of the top producers in the world. Please contact the restaurant for dates and details of upcoming events.
A word from Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar
Andre's Bouchee Bistro and Wine Bar proudly shares a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Executive Chef Jacques Zagouri prepares authentic French Bistro cuisine with a Californian Coastal flair. Our friendly atmosphere buzzes with excitement and energy that makes you feel you're dining in one of the small neighborhoods inside Paris. Andre’s Bouchée and Wine Bar also features wine by the glass and a full wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Carmel ›
Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (73)special occasion (70)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (22)good for groups (14)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- DougVIPDined on 10/17/2014We are always delighted with everything about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful local restaurantLNW1VIPDined on 10/16/2014The restaurant is fabulous! Loved the service, food and ambiance. The only negative was a screaming child. Truly the fault of the parent who should not bring a young child to dine at such a lovely restaurant especially at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in Carmel by the SeaRickzVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is a can't miss place. The food is consistently excellent and the service make you feel right at home in the lovely surroundings.Special Features:
- Carmel favoriteMelissaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Absolutely the very best French dining experience in Carmel. This is top drawer in every way, food, wine, and service. And if you enjoy Dover sole, you won't find better anywhere. Stephan and his family have made Bouchee's a local favorite. We are so pleased to have a restaurant we can highly recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GD2014VIPDined on 10/14/2014We were there party of 6. The food was very good, however, with some mishaps that was immediately fixed. The best part was service: attentive but not interfering, professional and friendly. Definitely will be back. When staff care and food pleases.Special Features:
- Great FindjandbDined on 10/11/2014Duck with Fig special and Risotto were excellent, but the apple tart tatin, salted caramel and cinnamon was to die for-one of the best desserts ever!! We will eat there every time we visit Carmel.Special Features:
- StokesDined on 10/10/2014Great place for a special dinner! The food was fantastic and the wine list was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/10/2014Have not been to Andre's Bouchee in a while and had a very good experience. The server was very helpful and experienced. I had the veal medallions/scallop dish and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerChasMarDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful restaurant for celebrations. Great food and wine list. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mealMillsReviewsVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food and wine pairing were nothing short of amazing. One of our best meals ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerMJKATDined on 10/4/2014Sommelier gave us good information on the wine. Definitely a find in CarmelSpecial Features:
- ExquisiteJenaqt23VIPDined on 9/29/2014The seafood risotto was so rich and full of flavor! My husband got the veal medallions with scallops which melted in your mouth. Both were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing cuisine, warm atmosphereVagabondwinoVIPDined on 9/29/2014We loved it! We were treated so well from entry to exit, and dinner was divine. The salad with endive, pear, beet, pecan and Bleu cheese was perfect. My significant other opted for a second appetizer of the Trio de Pate, which was wonderful, the Duck Rillettes being particularly moist and flavorful. I enjoyed an incredible special they were offering that night, featuring monkfish with saffron sauce that was absolutely amazingly delicate and delicious. Service was unobtrusive and perfectly attentive. Their wine list is extensive and their recommendations were inspired. I can't wait for an opportunity to return for an encore.Special Features:
- First time, and Not my last!PegasusDined on 9/18/2014Nice, quiet, charming, Great food, done in the very typical French style cuisine. Will be back many times.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerErgirlDined on 9/13/2014Great find in carmel. Food was outstanding. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JLPBDined on 9/9/2014We loved everything about the restaurant. Having a table overlooking the chef in the kitchen was a special surprise. The food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Wine is overpriced.SergeyDined on 9/9/2014Filet de boeuf was one of the best I've ever had. The entree and the dessert were good too. The wine list is pretty extensive and contains a lot of great wines, but the prices are 200-250% of the retail ones.Special Features:
- Don't hesitate to book!BazzyVIPDined on 9/8/2014A fantastic find in Carmel. Authentic French style food with an amazing wine list. Food was superbly cooked and service very attentive without being overbearing. Atmosphere was buzzy and vibrant so makes for a great dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome except for sommelierfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner . . . Elizabeth (the owner) is wonderful. The food was delicious and presented nicely. Our server was extremely attentive. The only reason I gave a 4 instead of a 5 on service is that the sommelier was a jerk. We brought a special bottle of wine to celebrate our anniversary and he was completely unpleasant to deal with and bordered on insulting. However, the plus side is that he completely ignored us for the entire night after that, so we never had to speak with him again. :o) I still recommend the restaurant highly because everything else was so wonderful and we had a lovely evening. :o)Special Features:
- Good not greatjmomDined on 9/3/2014Quiet, friendly restaurant. Food was good, not great; wine list was notable. Service was lacking at times but very accommodating and friendly. If you are looking for an intimate, quite place with a great wine list and almost great food... This is your place.Special Features:
- What a lovely evening!Colleen1234VIPDined on 9/2/2014I had dinner here 2 days ago. A single woman alone, sometimes a less then stellar experience. From the time I walked in to the time I left I felt like a much appreciated guest. The service was fabulous, very gracious and on point. I had the escargot appetizer ( huge but delicious,) as well as the rack of veal special. Really lovely,crisp on the outside and done to perfection inside with a great wine reduction sauce. Both courses were matched by the waiter with glasses of perfect wine. I will always work this restaurant in on my trips to Carmel . Great job, thank you!Special Features:
- Peaceful dinner w/o being rushedWorldTravellerDined on 8/31/2014Andre’s Bouchée is a nice bistro as you could find it in France. While not striving for a Michelin star performance, the food is excellent by most standards. I enjoyed the dinner without being rushed nor being urged to leave quickly after the last bites. This restaurant is perfect for a nice weekend getaway if you want to spend the evening dining in an upscale environment. As a plus some of the waiter staff is from France as well, which adds to the authenticity of the restaurant.Special Features:
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2014They put us at a more private table as requested, by front window. Maybe because it was a special dinner they didn't move service along promptly. Consequently, diners around us who arrived later left well before us. As seems to be the norm these days, there was a crew waiting on us, instead of one person who took charge the whole evening. The owner greeted and seated us and described specials on the menu. A waiter arrived and took wine and food order, then was never seen again. Another person brought the food, with long intervening times between courses. Crab cakes were delicious as was duck. Dessert was OK. This is a small restaurant, seems very crowded. Overall experience? A "B+."Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerKarlDined on 8/31/2014Contrary to all of the previous negative remarks about this restaurant, we had a marvelous time for my wife's birthday! The staff was excellent and very attentive, the food was exquisite, which made it for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- 70james70Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch. The service was attentive and food was displayed nicely and appetizing. We have eaten here several times before and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- consistently goodBestCarmelDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant seems to be always on.... there wild mushroom soup with white truffle oil is must have. There specials will surprise you..I have been here 4 times the last year, and I keep coming back... I love the place and the owners have great knowledge of resturants in Paris too... Just love this place. I brought two couples the last month who never ate here and they will be coming back..Special Features:
- Classic FrenchGmehlmanDined on 8/24/2014Great products for a classic French menu Relaxed intimate atmosphere Great selection of winesSpecial Features:
- Carmel-By-The-Sea JewelMikeMVIPDined on 8/22/2014Classic French fare in a quaint bistro environment. The experience started before you entered the restaurant as the aromas from the kitchen spilled over to the sidewalk. An excellent menu selection with all the traditional French classics you want, but the nightly specials we the real treat. The classic lobster bisque was excellent but the portion too large for one person, try to share. The fresh local grown tomatoes were fabulous as well. My favorite was the duck confit, large portions, moist and filled with flavor. My wife ordered the tuna special awhich was prepared perfectly (rare) and each bite a delight. Service was excellent. We love traditional French classics and Andre's Bouchee will not disappoint!Special Features:
- Always an excellent experienceWinesnobsVIPDined on 8/22/2014From the moment you arrive untill you leave the service is always exceptional. Add in the great food and wine choices and you have one of areas most consistently great restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastySteveDined on 8/17/2014I booked a dinner here during Car Week. Glad I did. Everything about this place resonated with me. Food is outstanding, the wine selection very good and the service is top drawer. I'll return next year during the day to sample wines by the glass and more of the apps. Maybe the best restaurant along the Monterey peninsula.Special Features:
- GreatEatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great service, very friendly personable staff. Incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodChadVIPDined on 8/16/2014The menu didn't have a huge selection to chose from, and only one non-seafood main course. I had the French Onion soup, which was very well done and not as salty as most other French Onion soups are. As my main, I had the heirloom tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad. The salad was simple, but done well with good ingredients. Nice wine selection to choose from as well.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure at Andre'sRickzVIPDined on 8/14/2014The escargot appetizer was a great way to start a very enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionDeannadiningaboutDined on 8/13/2014All of the outstading reviews proved correct. We had 4 very different entrees and each was prepared perfectly along with a beautiful presentation and service. If you're in Carmel, don't miss it as you will have a truly memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Took my wife here for our babymoon. Absolutely incredible service from the hostess to the waiter. Everyone had spoken a lot on reviews about the sommelier, but he was a bit rushed with us. Seemed to pick up on the fact that it was mainly just me drinking wine, and I wasn't so knowledgeable in wines, so I felt like he hurriedly picked out a selection for us. But the food was incredible, and cooked to perfection. We had mussels which were so large and juicy. The mushroom soup is heavenly -- very creamy but good! Then we had the lobster polenta and the beef tenderloin. Lobster polenta was okay, but the beef tenderloin really stole the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingBestCarmelDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated by wife's BD with friends. The Wild Mushroom soup with truffle oil was incredible. This is about our 6th time there. The service, food, and wine list is excellent and top rated. There is a good list and variety of French standard menu items, and there are a number of special items that are a wonderful offering... We had a wonderful evening. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great food, bad serviceWhity3Dined on 8/8/2014Manager/host was rude and rushed. Did not take time to discuss anything and then our server was in and out but never really around or helpful. Sad because it was great food. Probably would not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delightfulKristiVIPDined on 8/7/2014Stellar food preparation and taste! Wonderful sommelier...looking forward to returningSpecial Features:
- Disappointing mealHansWDined on 8/7/2014Having read the rave reviews of this restaurant on trip advisor my husband and I were looking forward to a great meal for our last meal in Carmel. Sadly it was anything but, the lamb shank was a massive piece of fairly tender mean, but it had little to recommend it in terms of fine dining, the accompanying sauce was overly sweet. A very disappointing meal overall.Special Features:
- They go out of their way to satisfyRickzVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is a relatively small place (I think the sign says 48). The food is always outstanding. The service equally excellent. The wine list is very good and the wine steward will endeavor to pair the wine to what you are eating (though he frequently goes a little up in price, his selections are excellent). If something is not to your liking, just let the staff know and they will do whatever is possible to make it perfect. The family that runs Andre's knows what they are doing and will aim to make you comfortable from the moment you walk in the door. We will return there many more times for lunch, brunch, and dinner.Special Features: