Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar
Carmel, CA 93921Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andresbouchee.com/
- Phone: (831) 626-7880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is served Wednesday thru Sunday from 11:30 til 2pm. The wine bar opens at 4:30 pm daily til 9:30pm.
Dinner is served seven nights weekly from 5:30pm-9:30pm . Andre's Bouchee Wine Merchant opens Wed - Sun from 11:30am til 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Andre Lemaire
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties up to 60 people, with a set menu.
Semi-private wine cellar with a capacity of sixteen.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Lemaire 8316267880x
- Special Events: Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar also has special winemaker dinners featuring some of the top producers in the world. Please contact the restaurant for dates and details of upcoming events.
A word from Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar
Andre's Bouchee Bistro and Wine Bar proudly shares a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Executive Chef Jacques Zagouri prepares authentic French Bistro cuisine with a Californian Coastal flair. Our friendly atmosphere buzzes with excitement and energy that makes you feel you're dining in one of the small neighborhoods inside Paris. Andre’s Bouchée and Wine Bar also features wine by the glass and a full wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Carmel ›
Andre’s Bouchée Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (68)special occasion (66)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (20)good for groups (15)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Not what we expected.goodfoodDined on 11/22/2014Had a confirmed reservation for 8:15 but took them until 8:30 to sit us. The menu offered halibut and when they explained the menu to us did not tell us they had run out of halibut. Instead they offered dover sole but at $43 vs. the less expensive halibut. The wine recommended by the sommelier was a white French wine that did not impress us.
- My favorite for special guestsrickthauVIPDined on 11/22/2014Beautiful decor, great wines, excellent food and service. This is my "go to" place for special guests and an elegant evening out. The Staff is caring and attentive. The food is well prepared and very tasty. Located in the heart of Carmel by the Sea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal of our Vacation in CaliforniaDrivequeen54Dined on 11/17/2014We just returned from a 10 day trip to California, traveling up the coast from LA to Napa and ending in San Francisco. We found Andre's Bouchee Bistro and Bar on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! From the first course through to the dessert, every plate was beautifully presented and delicious. The manager spent a lot of time talking to us, helped with a great wine selection, and was more than happy to let me practice up my french with him. It really ended up being the highlight meal of our vacation and we would go back in an instant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/17/2014I eat here every time I visit Carmel. Food consistently exceptional with a great menu with so many choices. Lamb shank this time was best I've ever had. Wished I could eat there twice since so much to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! So delicious!!!LadiesnightoutVIPDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant was really epic. We had a fabulous time dining here and enjoyed all the depth of flavors in the menu. Its a fabulous place! Will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a repeat visitSherpadadDined on 11/8/2014Dined here 11/8/14. Had 6 pm reservation, were seated quickly. Had: “cannelloni” salmon tatare mix rolled in smoked salmon strips. Really, really good. Trio of pates; rabbit, duck, pork. Duck in particular was fabulous. Fresh sardines. These were cooked and seasoned well. Wife had (2-3” diameter) medallions of veal with large scallops on top. Great combination. I had rack of veal (5 ribs) w/mustard sauce. Could have used some rice or cous cous or something for the excess sauce. Apple tart was akin to upside down cake using apples instead of pineapple. Not a huge selection of wines by the glass but the Wachau Gruner Veltliner & 2007 Tudor Pinot Noir were great. The service was good. They were attentive, but not “hovering”.Special Features:
- Wonderful French bistroRickzVIPDined on 11/6/2014Definitely gives you that bistro vibe. The food is excellent and reminds me of what one finds in a nice cafe in Paris. The server is very attendant and makes you feel like you've left the hustle and bustle outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive for very little foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Our entrees arrived about 8 minutes after we ordered; we barely had a sip of wine and what was on the plates was the least amount of food we have ever been served. The scallops veal dish ($35) consisted of ONE scallop sliced into three pieces, three tiny pieces of veal, one baby carrot and a dollop of tapenade. The sweetbreads($32) were overcooked and also was a tiny portion with about three small sliced mushrooms; the same veggies were on the plate. Needless to say, we left hungry and very dissatisfied with a very large bill. Never again.
- A Perfect EveningBillSmithVIPDined on 11/5/2014Just a wonderful experience. Excellent wine list with good by the glass selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful findCarmeldinerDined on 11/5/2014This was our third experience with you and, as before, it was delightful. Lauren was our server and was friendly and attentive. We are locals and so happy to have found Andre's Bouche...we will certainly be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in CarmelLarryVIPDined on 10/31/2014After eating dinner at most of the restaurants in Carmel the best meal of our trip is Andre's. Service was perfect....no too often ....just right. Food prepared to perfection. Noise level quiet. I asked for the table overlooking the kitchen which is our favorite. My request was fulfilled with grace. If you want a delicious dining experience go to Andre's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DELIGHTjschVIPDined on 10/27/2014We met Andres wife ( the owner) she showed that she really cared what we thought) anyway go the restaurant is a delightSpecial Features:
- Classic French BistroArthurJacobVIPDined on 10/24/2014Enjoyable, traditional, great wine list and menu. Bon Appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 85th birthday lunchLiz1Dined on 10/22/2014What an excellent little restaurant! The food was really tasty, the service was great, the wine selection incredible. We had a wonderful lunch celebrating my mother's 85th birthday. We can't wait to come back for dinner!Special Features:
- French dinning experience in CarmelCydekDined on 10/18/2014Chef Jacques Zagouri is creating a unique French dinning experience in Carmel. The food is really good and could very well be found in any well respected restaurant in France. The atmosphere is casual, yet the service and the ambiance are very good. My new favorite in Carmel for lunch and dinner with the family!Special Features:
- DougVIPDined on 10/17/2014We are always delighted with everything about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014We had a very good meal here. The food and service were very good. We were given a great wine recommendation from an extensive list. When back in Carmel I would definitely go back .Special Features:
- Wonderful local restaurantLNW1VIPDined on 10/16/2014The restaurant is fabulous! Loved the service, food and ambiance. The only negative was a screaming child. Truly the fault of the parent who should not bring a young child to dine at such a lovely restaurant especially at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in Carmel by the SeaRickzVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is a can't miss place. The food is consistently excellent and the service make you feel right at home in the lovely surroundings.Special Features:
- Carmel favoriteMelissaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Absolutely the very best French dining experience in Carmel. This is top drawer in every way, food, wine, and service. And if you enjoy Dover sole, you won't find better anywhere. Stephan and his family have made Bouchee's a local favorite. We are so pleased to have a restaurant we can highly recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GD2014VIPDined on 10/14/2014We were there party of 6. The food was very good, however, with some mishaps that was immediately fixed. The best part was service: attentive but not interfering, professional and friendly. Definitely will be back. When staff care and food pleases.Special Features:
- Great FindjandbDined on 10/11/2014Duck with Fig special and Risotto were excellent, but the apple tart tatin, salted caramel and cinnamon was to die for-one of the best desserts ever!! We will eat there every time we visit Carmel.Special Features:
- StokesDined on 10/10/2014Great place for a special dinner! The food was fantastic and the wine list was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/10/2014Have not been to Andre's Bouchee in a while and had a very good experience. The server was very helpful and experienced. I had the veal medallions/scallop dish and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerChasMarDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful restaurant for celebrations. Great food and wine list. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mealMillsReviewsVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food and wine pairing were nothing short of amazing. One of our best meals ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerMJKATDined on 10/4/2014Sommelier gave us good information on the wine. Definitely a find in CarmelSpecial Features:
- ExquisiteJenaqt23VIPDined on 9/29/2014The seafood risotto was so rich and full of flavor! My husband got the veal medallions with scallops which melted in your mouth. Both were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing cuisine, warm atmosphereVagabondwinoVIPDined on 9/29/2014We loved it! We were treated so well from entry to exit, and dinner was divine. The salad with endive, pear, beet, pecan and Bleu cheese was perfect. My significant other opted for a second appetizer of the Trio de Pate, which was wonderful, the Duck Rillettes being particularly moist and flavorful. I enjoyed an incredible special they were offering that night, featuring monkfish with saffron sauce that was absolutely amazingly delicate and delicious. Service was unobtrusive and perfectly attentive. Their wine list is extensive and their recommendations were inspired. I can't wait for an opportunity to return for an encore.Special Features:
- First time, and Not my last!PegasusDined on 9/18/2014Nice, quiet, charming, Great food, done in the very typical French style cuisine. Will be back many times.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerErgirlDined on 9/13/2014Great find in carmel. Food was outstanding. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JLPBVIPDined on 9/9/2014We loved everything about the restaurant. Having a table overlooking the chef in the kitchen was a special surprise. The food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Wine is overpriced.SergeyDined on 9/9/2014Filet de boeuf was one of the best I've ever had. The entree and the dessert were good too. The wine list is pretty extensive and contains a lot of great wines, but the prices are 200-250% of the retail ones.Special Features:
- Don't hesitate to book!BazzyVIPDined on 9/8/2014A fantastic find in Carmel. Authentic French style food with an amazing wine list. Food was superbly cooked and service very attentive without being overbearing. Atmosphere was buzzy and vibrant so makes for a great dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome except for sommelierfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner . . . Elizabeth (the owner) is wonderful. The food was delicious and presented nicely. Our server was extremely attentive. The only reason I gave a 4 instead of a 5 on service is that the sommelier was a jerk. We brought a special bottle of wine to celebrate our anniversary and he was completely unpleasant to deal with and bordered on insulting. However, the plus side is that he completely ignored us for the entire night after that, so we never had to speak with him again. :o) I still recommend the restaurant highly because everything else was so wonderful and we had a lovely evening. :o)Special Features:
- Good not greatjmomDined on 9/3/2014Quiet, friendly restaurant. Food was good, not great; wine list was notable. Service was lacking at times but very accommodating and friendly. If you are looking for an intimate, quite place with a great wine list and almost great food... This is your place.Special Features:
- What a lovely evening!Colleen1234VIPDined on 9/2/2014I had dinner here 2 days ago. A single woman alone, sometimes a less then stellar experience. From the time I walked in to the time I left I felt like a much appreciated guest. The service was fabulous, very gracious and on point. I had the escargot appetizer ( huge but delicious,) as well as the rack of veal special. Really lovely,crisp on the outside and done to perfection inside with a great wine reduction sauce. Both courses were matched by the waiter with glasses of perfect wine. I will always work this restaurant in on my trips to Carmel . Great job, thank you!Special Features:
- Peaceful dinner w/o being rushedWorldTravellerDined on 8/31/2014Andre’s Bouchée is a nice bistro as you could find it in France. While not striving for a Michelin star performance, the food is excellent by most standards. I enjoyed the dinner without being rushed nor being urged to leave quickly after the last bites. This restaurant is perfect for a nice weekend getaway if you want to spend the evening dining in an upscale environment. As a plus some of the waiter staff is from France as well, which adds to the authenticity of the restaurant.Special Features:
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2014They put us at a more private table as requested, by front window. Maybe because it was a special dinner they didn't move service along promptly. Consequently, diners around us who arrived later left well before us. As seems to be the norm these days, there was a crew waiting on us, instead of one person who took charge the whole evening. The owner greeted and seated us and described specials on the menu. A waiter arrived and took wine and food order, then was never seen again. Another person brought the food, with long intervening times between courses. Crab cakes were delicious as was duck. Dessert was OK. This is a small restaurant, seems very crowded. Overall experience? A "B+."Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerKarlDined on 8/31/2014Contrary to all of the previous negative remarks about this restaurant, we had a marvelous time for my wife's birthday! The staff was excellent and very attentive, the food was exquisite, which made it for a memorable evening.Special Features: