2085 Siesta Dr
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 9419519200
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Bozzolo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine
A word from Andrea's
Andrea Bozzolo is a native of Piedmont, Italy, which is known for its wonderful wine and distinctive cuisine. The noble grape Nebbiolo grows here and produces some of the finest wines in the world including the famed Barolo and Barbaresco; and the coveted white truffle from here is legendary to connoisseurs the world over. Andrea brings Piedmont to Sarasota in a delightful way. He has become a master of the ultimate comfort food, risotto, making dozens of variations, every one of them a masterpiece. His pastas are made from scratch and melt in your mouth; his steaks are prepared in 800 degree oven for perfection; his wine list boasts more than 350 selections for every taste and pocketbook. Andrea's is not just about serving the best food and wine; it is about the "total experience". Chef Andrea and his wife Ismini live their dream of serving in an intimate dining room where they can interact with the guests and attend to every detail of their dining pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andrea's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Consistently excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/17/2013My husband and I know that dining at Andrea's will always be a delight. The food is delicious, the service friendly and professional and the wine list extensive, interesting and well priced. They even have a special summer menu; three courses for $25. Great food and great value! What's better than that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorlinjoeDined on 6/7/2013Very expensive wine list. Food preparation was disappointing at best. The lasagne was dry. The scallops were overcooked. Would not recommend this restaurant at these prices.
- Remains on our list of notOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2013Remains on our list of not only the best restaurants in Sarasota but the best kept secret as well. We blame that on its odd location in a sad little strip mall off the beaten path. Once inside, it is an oasis of great food, great service and quiet atmosphere. We eat here often, but not often enough. Nonetheless, we are always greeted like old friends, which is very unusual in this resort town. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/4/2013When my husband and I want to enjoy a wonderful dinner with delicious food and wine and friendly and attentive service, Andrea's is our "go to" restaurant. We are never disappointed and make it a destination when friends or family are visiting and when we want to celebrate a birthday or dinner... or any day at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DosappointingCustomerDined on 4/12/2013Disappointed after such rave reviews. pasta uneventful and tastless. don't like writing negative reviews, but won't return.
- Small restaurant in a stripSarasotagalDined on 3/27/2013Small restaurant in a strip mall - do not be put off by the location. The food, service and decor are all above average - and you do not have to shout at your dining companions to be heard.Special Features:
- Overlook the Strip Mall LocationEagle779VIPDined on 3/8/2013Andrea's is a comfortable and pleasant place with very well prepared and presented food, friendly, attentive and prompt service, and an excellent wine list at fair prices.Special Features:
- Proper (and delicious) Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/20/2013I have never felt compelled to write an Opentable review, but was just so impressed by the serious Italian food served in a Sarasota strip mall that I wanted to give the restaurant the credit and recognition it deserves.Special Features:
- My wife and I and two otherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013My wife and I and two other couples went to Andrea's for dinner after a concert. First, we were there for an hour before dinner arrived. Second, the food for the most part was not very good. Three of the six had lobster ravioli at $26.95 -- a few lobster flavored ravioli and a few mushroom filled ones. Not good and clearly over-priced. Another diner had the egg plant Parmesan, kind of an icky mess of mushy filling. I had pasta with shrimp fra diablo, not bad, but clearly over-priced for a bowl of spaghetti with 6 or 8 shrimp at $26.95. The only other dish we had -- veal Milanese -- at $28.95 was tasty (although over cooked) and within a reasonable price range for the dish. Clearly, none of us were pleased, and none planned to go back.
- Got water immediately, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013Got water immediately, but had to wait 30 minutes before our waiter came back to our table to order our glass of wine. We were about to walk out. Food was ok but both meals were very salty.
- I had previously had greatbulbmanDined on 2/2/2013I had previously had great meals here, but, this evening was a exercise in so-so. Nothing memorable about the evening. OK service, but, another table famililiar with the owner, was getting fawned upon. Short ribs were bland and burried in overcooked pasta. Lobster raviolli arrived overcooked and tepid.
- Andrea's is by far the BESTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013Andrea's is by far the BEST Italian restaurant inSarasota. I had the pleasure to dine there with a friend who is also Northern Italian & knows great authentic food & wine. He was overly impressed with the elaborate wine list and mouth watering food. Andreas staff were courteous , professional and knowledgable of the wines and food. As a most special treat Andrea himself visited our table,conversed with my friend in Italian he brought out a few of his special little treats!! I cannot wait to go back! Thank you Andreas for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- NEVER AGAINWaynesvilleWandererVIPDined on 1/25/2013This is the second time I have confirmed a reservation thru OpenTable and had the restaurant call (the day of the reservation)to say they were actually full and could not accommodate me. What an embarassment since it was a birthday dinner I had promised a friend. Will, unfortunately, NEVER go back to Andrea's. OpenTable should drop them from their list.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/19/2013The food and service were excellent. My only problem is they have expanded the restaurant to add a separate room off the main dining room. You have to walk across an 'ally' walkway to get there. Though the room was decorated nicely, I never like this concept as you feel like you are being separated from the main space. Like you are not good enough to be in the main dining room. We were only one of 2 to 3 tables in there and acoustically it was very echoy and I felt like everyone could hear every word we would say and vice versa. I would only go back if they could guarantee that we could sit in the main dining room.Special Features:
- TOP NOTCH DINING EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/7/2013The bucatini with black and white truffle sauce was awesome; so was the duck. Was a high priced meal because we tasted all his best dishes and opted for a $$$ bottle of pinot noir. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Something is missing fromWaynesvilleWandererVIPDined on 1/4/2013Something is missing from Andrea's ... two of the servers are gone and maybe that is why the service was extremely lacking... we waited one hour and twenty minutes for our dinner. Food was overcooked, perhaps it just sat there for a long time? If you can't handle the extras, you shouldn't expand, I guess... sorry, it used to be one of my favorites ... stress the words "used to be."
- Very small and somewhat noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2012Very small and somewhat noisy. Pasta and appetizers were excellent, main dishes less so, but still tasty. Good wine list, mainly Italian wines.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012The quality of the food was excellent. Everything was fresh and homemade. Service was a little slow and empty plates stayed on the table longer than I like but as I could see there were only 3 people working the dinning room. Server was very friendly but was also very busy. Ravioli was very homemade and you could tell by the taste of it. I had the fish of the day and it was perfectly cooked and had complementing vegetables severed along with the dish. Desert was great. I would recommend Andrea's to anyone visiting Sarasota.Special Features:
- Really good food and excellenteatoutVIPDined on 7/30/2012Really good food and excellent service. Wine was outrageously expensive, however.Special Features: