Andrea at Pelican Hill
22701 Pelican Hill Road South
Newport Coast, CA 92657Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Andrea at Pelican Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pelicanhill.com/Dining_Andrea
- Phone: 9496121913x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday to Sunday: 12noon - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday to Sunday: 6pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Marco Criscuolo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Andrea offers a live acoustic guitarist playing Italian and Spanish influenced light classical music.
- Special Events: Every event held in the Private Dining Room at Andrea is an exclusive, one-of-a-kind celebration that creates lasting memories. Whether a social affair or a business dinner, our Chef personally oversees every detail with his culinary skills and creativity. The elegant ambiance of the Private Dining Room reveals vivid panoramas of the Newport Beach coastline and the blue Pacific of Southern California. Come experience the warmth of our Private Dining Room with your group of up to 24 guests.
A word from Andrea at Pelican Hill
The unprecedented attention to detail in Andrea to recreate storied culinary traditions and classic dishes bursting with the true flavors of Italy has resulted in acclaimed authentic cuisine and complementary wine selections. Led by Chef Marco Criscuolo, Andrea sources the perfect seasonal ingredients and implements time-honored practices and preparations. Diners savor salads made with 100-year-old Balsamic vinegar, exquisite pastas made in a one-of-kind, temperature-controlled pasta room and artisan-style gelato made in the gelato laboratory. A chic, yet understated and relaxed atmosphere features inspiring coastal panoramas, sunsets over the Pacific, open-air dining on the beautiful, heated ocean-view terrace and round bar with its golden granite countertops and golden fruitwood paneling. Fine Italian wines are perfectly paired with each exquisite dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Andrea at Pelican Hill - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Andrea at Pelican Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)scenic view (82)romantic (75)fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (54)notable wine list (53)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- SurprisedJudeVIPDined on 9/13/2014I was really surprised with the service at the front desk. There were two young unprofessional girls that did not seem to care that it was our first yr anniversary and were in no way accommodating as far as seating. Service at the table was not great either. The waitress took too long to return to our table to take our order and to check in us. Yet, everything was brought out fast from drinks to apps to entrees and dessert that we did not get to enjoy the full experience of the restaurant atmosphere. We felt rushed out. It was quite disappointing. However ambience and taste of food were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!luv2indulgeDined on 9/8/2014I've been a few times and the food is always perfect. Absolutely Wonderful! The staff is very friendly, the view is amazing, love to watch the sun set.Special Features:
- RtherrienDined on 9/6/2014Simply outstanding. Fantastic ocean views with spectacular sunsets. Request booth with ocean facing view. Your date will love it.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner with a ViewmouseDined on 9/3/2014Andrea's is a wonderful experience for a romantic dinner with great food and service. And did I mention the fantastic view?Special Features:
- perfect night outpattiDined on 9/1/2014From the moment you enter, you are treated like royalty by the entire staff - they are so welcoming ! The staff is so exceptional that they recall all of your favorite foods and preferred drinks and orders. The food is delicious , cannot say enough about the variety of choices and the quality of the taste ! Perfection and the staff goes out of their way to please you even catering to food items not present on the menu. Carbonara is fabulous as is the lobster !Special Features:
- AMAZINGMeganDined on 8/31/2014Overall this place was top 2 most incredible of any restaurant I've been. Hands down the best Italian food in California.Special Features:
- Worst Chateaubriand EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014WONDERFUL SPA. GREAT MASSAGES. ATTENTIVE STAFF. EXPECTED THE SAME AT RESTAURANT. WRONG!!! Beautiful setting although the "ocean view" is limited to the Terrace (hot with screaming children) or a few tables inside that seem to be reserved for ghost guests that never showed. The mushroom risotto done table side in Parmesan wheel was TO DIE FOR AMAZING!!!!! The $170 Chateaubriand was the WORST. We asked for slightly pink and received BLOODY RED. No one noticed that we didn't eat it. The veggies tasted like LIQUID SMOKE. Horrible. Again we didn't eat them. $475 for dinner for two with bottle of wine. SO NOT worth it! Staff was not attentive. Very disappointing for such a beautiful place.
- Awesome!JohnVIPDined on 8/27/2014In a word, Awesome! A gorgeous room, expansive hill and ocean views, attentive service, creative menu, linen tablecloths and napkins. Andrea makes dinner a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJjjDined on 8/25/2014The Service was fantastic and the risoto was very yummy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/24/2014- Took nearly 30 mins to be seated with a reservation. Did request the patio however would expect with reservation there would be better planned - Someone in our party suffered an allergic reaction to the crab (embedded in the pasta so no obvious) in the soup (he sampled someone else's dish). Disappointed in the communication between the restaurant and front desk (opened the hotel store to access anti-histamines). Resulted in myself doing the running back and forth to resolve the situation. Fair enough at a TGI Friday but not Andrea that prides itself on high caliber of service. Not so this time! NOTE: Normal dinner service was good however the handling of this situation overshadowed everything else.
- great everythingdavewDined on 8/24/2014everything was great food, service, atmosphere, views, romantic, fun, comfortable. As with this type of quality comes high prices but that goes with this territory!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupendous from the beginningEBSNEWPORTDined on 8/22/2014We have been coming here since Andrea opened and it just keeps getting better and more innovative, while maintaining favorites and their quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for MoreMicMozVIPDined on 8/20/2014It is hard to find a true fine dining experience these days, so it is welcome that Pelican Hill offers Andrea with a formal setting, and we have been on several occasions. You get a comfortable table, regal setting, white linen, real silver, and an elegant evening. But... while the menu offers a range of promising and innovative Italian food, the execution seems to comes up short. The food is always good, just not great. And it seems to have declined in quality from our initial visit over a year ago. Seems the kitchen is just not making sure the dishes have the right balance or ingredients and flavors to make you want more. So go for the elegance and a decent meal, but don't expect to be wowed.Special Features:
- FoodeeDined on 8/16/2014A special dining experience, unfortunately we missed sunset which I'm told is spectacular. The service was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HamovDined on 8/16/2014The ambiance, the service and over all experience was lovely. Some of our party felt that the fish was overlooked. Otherwise, we enjoyed the whole evening except when the music was a little loud.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful foodJaimeDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I are regulars at Andrea and find the food and the service consistently wonderful. If you are interested in a quiet and romantic experience, this is the place to be. The staff is remarkably accomodating and they make every effort to make optimize the whole dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh the Bucatini Carbonara!ohm613VIPDined on 8/5/2014It was the best carbonara I've tasted EVER. I would drive back to Newport just for that dish. So good.Special Features:
- Special eveningwine4meDined on 7/30/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Andrea and had a wonderful time. Strong marks for service, ambiance, food and wine. Heath, the gentleman who waited on us, provided spot-on food and wine recommendations for us and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The outdoor seating on a beautiful evening is recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!CulinaryexplorerDined on 7/27/2014I had booked Andrea for our Anniversary Dinner and it was perfect in every way! The service was courteous and every detailed was taken care of. Since I was hesitating about the wine, the server brought samples which surely helped in making the best choice. The food was delicious and portions just the right size, not too big, not too small. After the meal we felt that coffee would be enough for dessert, so we did not order any from a nice dessert menu.BUT, the server surprised us with a nice small chocolate mousse cake with the Happy Anniversary chocolate sign on it! And that was not all, so came out an assortment of delicious 'dessert' bites. We did find a sweet spot for them in our happy tummies! What an awesome experience at Andrea!Special Features:
- Extremely disappointingJerryVIPDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I vacationed last week at the Resort at Pelican Hill and looked forward to an outstanding dining experience at Andrea. We could not have been more disappointed. We were both born and raised in Chicago's Little Italy, have been to Italy twice and have been dining out at extraordinary restaurants for decades. This was not one of them. The waiter was extremely pretentious and made a great effort to convince us to order three or four courses each, more than we could eat. I skipped the pasta course and was served the worst osso buco that I ever had. This place does not come close to living up to its own billing.
- amazing tasting menuiEATVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is about our 6th or 7th time at this restaurant. We brought our friends from out of town here. Service and food were wonderful. Would recommend this place to anyone and definitely order the tasting menu. You get a little of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional and UnpretentiousDivabebeVIPDined on 7/25/2014Revived by Marco, its new and creative chef, everything at Andrea, located inside the Pelican Hill Resort, becomes an unforgettable experience. Ritzy and over the top settings rarely equate quality and comfort, especially when what you are looking for after all is a good meal in a beautiful place. Well, Andrea conquers in every way possible and more. Starting at the bar with its most cordial staff to the impressive dining room and the honest care of its dining personnel everything comes down to superb quality in every sense of the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance but...IncognitochefDined on 7/25/2014The service was not great. They were having an off night in the service department. I would still highly recommend the restaurant based on the view and ambiance alone. The food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinersdelightDined on 7/25/2014Everything about Andrea was first class including the food, service and ambiance. Our waiter James did a fabulous job making us feel at home and taking care of the special wine that we brought with us. I had the special rib eye with barolo sauce that we found out from the chef who visited our table was one of only six available. The setting was nothing short of spectacular with views of the Pacific Ocean and the golf course below. Wow! This is truly a special restaurant located in a very special resort.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and atmosphereRSFTravelerVIPDined on 7/24/2014We've been to Andrea several times over the past few years and it is consistently awesome. The pasta, especially the gnocchi, risotto and gnocchi are second to none, all hand crafted in house, and the steaks rock. Service is impeccable, the chocolate soufflé is the best I've ever had and they have a fantastic selection of Italian wines. The domestic wine selection could be expanded, but that's a very minor issue with this, by far the best restaurant in Newport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I am a native to this area and very familiar with the restaurant choices in the area. We had never been to Andrea's before and selected it to celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. We had a very memorable time and fantastic meal. Our server was very personable but in a respectful manner. We will recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Try The Risotto!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Must try the risotto! Its amazing and if you order 2 orders them prepare it table side in a wheel of parmesan cheese! Staff was very attentive, we didn't feel rushed, the outside patio had an amazing view. William our server was excellent, he made some great recommendations and took great care of us, his server assistant (forgot his name) was very helpful too and funny. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top shelfBigRedDined on 7/19/2014Bring your wallet . First class! The food is fantastic, service is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Wedding anniversarygoodmanDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th Wedding anniversary at Andrea. We were greeted by name from our former waiter,William. Heath took over the reins and did a fantastic job serving us. The food,wine and service was 5 Star! Through the evening the food and beverage director,the guitar player and the Chef,visited our table and solicited our feedback. Our anniversary dinner turned out to be very special due to the wonderful service proved by the Hotel and restaurant. Mr. Bren, you created a special place that should be visited by everyone! Thank you,for a wonderful evening! Steve & Sheryl GoodmanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andrea at Pelucan HillAliwagDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner at Andrea, the premier restaurant at Pelucan Hill Resort. The sunset view is beautiful and a great place for pictures. Exquisite food and presentation. My only disappointment was the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply love the AdreaSatisfiedDined on 7/16/2014We reserved through Open table and asked for Patio seating. A very friendly staff right away lead us to the patio seating. As we walked toward the huge window opening it just took our breath away. The patio was open to all bright green fairways to the ocean. It was hot day but the breeze was so nice we enjoyed our lunch without any A/C help. Adrea had great staff serving us as we are some VIPs specially prepared for us and the food was amazing from presentation to the actual taste. We would come back, definately.Special Features:
- One of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Celebrated 25th anniversary and couldn't have asked for more! The food was outstanding, made to order, fresh, and innovative. The service was best my wife and I ever experienced. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014From beginning to end this is a wonderful dining experience. The waiter and his staff are very friendly and helpful. There is no sense of hurry and rush which makes it a thoroughly restful experience. The food and wine list never disappoints. And of course, the view has to be one of the premier in all of California. Also wonderful music in the dining area and also in the lobby great room.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchNancyMJDined on 7/11/2014This was a lovely place to take my mom for lunch, exceptional food and beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014impeccable service. attentive and receptive. great meal. would definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014From the moment we arrived we felt celebrated. The service was spot on and attention to detail impressive. The food had great creativity and was fun to eat. Not an inexpensive option however really top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is outstanding. Great food and the best service. I would love to go again and I will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerTheSmithsDined on 7/3/2014Had a family dinner on the deck and it was wonderful. Menu was different than that shown on line though. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!EvioletDined on 6/27/2014My friend and I ordered the chefs tasting menu, so we were able to sample every item. I must say that it was some of the best food I've ever had. It's hard to pick a favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2014This is a very nice upscale special occasion restaurant which offers well prepared Italian cuisine in Pelican Hill Resort. The Wine List while pricey offers many great selections. The service is friendly and knowledgable. Great place for a romantic sunset dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.