599 Dorseyville Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15238Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://foxchapel.andorarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4129671900
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Andora
This is the third Andora location at the former Cross Keys Inn located on Dorseyville Road.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Andora - Best Restaurants in Fox Chapel ›
Andora reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (14)romantic (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We love the atmosphere of this restaurant. We had the delicious zucchini appetizer, but it took 20 minutes to arrive. Drinks were good too, however they took at least 15 minutes. The place was not over crowded. When we asked our waiter about it, he blamed the bartender and said he "was taking his time making the drinks." We ordered a second drink, hoping it would come before the entree, but it did not. The entree came out quickly after the appetizer. The filets we ordered were okay. They did not melt in your mouth. The crab cake that came with it was very good. Our second drink came part way through us eating our entree. I was actually about to cancel it when the waiter arrived with them. Finally, our bill was wrong four times.Special Features:
- Poortion sizeMoreVeggiesPleaseDined on 10/3/2014There were 2 people in are party that are on a very strict diet and instead of getting the mashed potatoes, we requested extra asparagus. They said not problem, but when our dinner arrived we each had 5 pieces of asparagus. That is not a double order of vegetables. Since more and more people are watching portion size and not wanting certain foods, we felt that asking of more vegetables should not have been an issue. When we asked about why we did not get more asparagus, our waiter told us that that was a double order! Really! I don't think so. We did have a great waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience overalljuanjoDined on 9/26/2014Very good restaurant overall. Plates are of a generous size. The gnocci I ordered had plenty of sausage, chicken, and cheese. The chicken piccatta my wife ordered was also quite good.Special Features:
- lunchBarbDined on 9/26/2014Wait staff too small. Must have been a large group upstairs which combined with patio dining and indoor lunch crowd resulted in relatively slow service. However, waiter was accommodating and service was good but rather slow. Great food as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XanderDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food ... our server Carrie was very pleasant and quite attentive in making our visit pleasant . Will try to get back soon to try out the patio dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful setting for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014My friend and I found Andora to have a generous menu selection, enjoying the fact that we had difficulty deciding on just one meal! Although Andora cannot control it, the weather certainly was a factor in our enjoyment of the beautiful patio setting where we ate. The service was perfect, hospitable, knowledgeable staff, timely appearances but not overbearing. I will definitely return and recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time!JLC55VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was out first time dining at Andora. We dined outside on the patio with friends and found the food delicious. The service and course timing was great! The manager stopped by to check on us and thank us for joining her and the staff for dinner. I would return!Special Features:
- Al Fresco diningFineDiningSearcherVIPDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed a relaxed dinner with friends and a beautiful evening on the patio. The drive to Andora is like a trip to the countryside, yet not far away. Warmly greeted by the receptionist, we were promptly escorted to our outside table on the quiet patio with subtle accents -- - quite an ambiance! Our server greeted us and presented the menus - food and beverage. Our drink order arrived promptly and we perused the menu amid our conversation, savoring the quiet outdoors. Our entrees arrived in due time - - perfectly presented, ready to eat, and delectable! Coffee and dessert to share completed a perfect evening. Try it yourself....you'll enjoy it too!Special Features:
- Food was served hot and tastyslimDined on 8/16/2014we had fish,salmon and cod.the cod portion was larger.Server answered our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time backPittsburgherontheroadDined on 8/9/2014This was a 3rd time back to Andora. The food has been consistently very good to excellent, but the service has been questionable every time, with the generally young staff who have not been waiting for long. This last visit, the hostess dropped the ball and did not let any of the wait-staff know we had been seated. This would have been fine had any of the wait staff picked up on the obvious signs (our menus resting closed on the table, our empty glasses), but we finally had to flag down a bus-boy to request service. On the plus side, they did a really nice job with the patio, so if it is a nice evening, it is a great place to have a bite.Special Features:
- Great foodlovethefoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner there and Chuck the manager was great at giving us a very nice table. The chicken with crab and sherry sauces was delicious as was the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teachteachDined on 7/31/2014This place does not disappoint...ever. Always excellent food and service whether eating indoors or on the patio.Special Features:
- plumaDined on 7/28/2014We were celebrating a young friend of ours receiving his PHD in history. The evening was lovely. The waitress was amazing. She was very helpful in our selection of entrees. I only wish she would have mentioned happy hour. We could have saved some money. We didn't notice the ad on our table until we were leaving. All in all we would go back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious!gmertVIPDined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed dinner there with family and have to say the scallops were some of the best I have ever had. Our only disappointment was that the patio was booked for a party so we could not get out there in such a beautiful night. So we will have to go back.
- Great outdoor dining spotjemoDined on 7/22/2014Cozy outdoor dining...great for after dark! Customer service goes above and beyond! General Manager Chuck is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold foodPeachseedVIPDined on 7/21/2014I sent my meal back 3 times because it was cold The manager came back with it the third time and said he cooked it himself, still cold. They paid for the meal, but still no excuse for it. The other members of our party had had Luke warm food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingMartyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Second visit--our server seemed disinterested. One dish had to be sent back for lack of seasoning. Huge portion which I decided to take half home. The doggy bag never appeared. Since our first visit was on a week night I might go back thru the week but never on the weekend.Special Features:
- We'll be back!dissapointedDined on 7/11/2014We picked this restaurant because we could dine outside. We had a great waitress-Sherry. The food was very good. we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishDined on 7/8/2014Great food! Beautiful outdoor patio dining Courteous wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my3lovesDined on 7/5/2014I dinner experience was great. Had out of town guests they enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DenemDined on 6/27/2014We had a very lovely time at this restaurant. The food was excellent and everyone at our table really enjoyed everything that we had. The desserts in particular were spectacular. We really loved the cheesecake! As an appetizer with I would highly recommend the fried zucchini ribbons. Delicious! We will definitely be going back again. Especially for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 195 reviews are from the Andora reviews archive.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014I always come here with my family for a dinner we will always love. The wine list is great and the food is delicious. Last time I was here, I ordered the chicken and crab meat dinner and it was fantastic! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fare in Historic SettingdiningcritiquesDined on 6/17/2014Excellent food and service at Andora on Dorseyville Road in this beautiful historic home. Always a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBritcarnutDined on 6/13/2014everything except the steak was excellent. Steak not up to par with others----lack of taste and a little tough----all in all an excellent dining experience. Crab cake was probably the best I've had and I've had many no them. Desert---outstandingSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and locationKateDined on 6/9/2014The food at Andora Restaurant is outstanding. So far we have tried the crab cakes, horseradish crusted Alaskan cod, char-grilled Atlantic salmon with house teriyaki glaze, and the house special mahi-mahi. All were excellent choices. I also feel the location is a plus - the scenic view, quiet atmosphere, fresh air, and away from all of the traffic congestion. We will definitely go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014Slow service. Uncomfortable metal chairs. Fish was overdone and chicken dish was bland.Special Features:
- Woodsy RetreatnoohomeDined on 6/5/2014Nestled in a curve in a suburban road, Andora provides the perfect lunch getaway from the city. It is located in an old inn that retains authenticity and charm. The deck patio is a perfect place for a leisurely lunch and the menu, while prosaic, is sufficiently varied. The service is willing and winning. However, it is its lovely, leafy ambience that makes Andora worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014My husband and I ventured to Andora for the first time recently. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and the food - from substantial, gourmet salads and divine seasoned oil with bread, to the delicious entrees - was perfect, as was the atmosphere (we were indoors as the patio was closed, but it provided a nice backdrop outside the historical building's windows). The only drawback was the service; our server did not recite the specials, offer fresh cheese or pepper on our food, or come back during the main dish to check on how we were doing. From the look of things, this server was the only one deficient in service that night, so overall, we will definitely return to Andora.Special Features:
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent restaurant, a regional favorite. If you have not tried Andora's recently, try it and you will return again and again. The staff genuinely tries to please. The Chef consistently delights our tastes. If you have a specific request, he is all too happy to accommodate. The ambiance is delightful. Such an outdoor patio is all too rare in the Pittsburgh area. If the weather does not cooperate the indoor seating is warm and charming. Rarely have we found a restaurant that consistently tries and succeeds in pleasing it's customers again and again. If you experience Andora's on Dorseyville Road you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Andora'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Lovely evening - food was excellent and waitress was great.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014Everything about Andora is enjoyable from the atmosphere/ambience to the service and food presentation. The menu as well as the wine list offer ample choices for all levels of sophistication. The wait staff operates with business efficiency. A good experience, I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndoraTakeMeToDinnerDined on 5/27/2014The service is always excellent and the food is very good. The Andora in Fox Chapel is also quite cozy. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Spoiled Service Spoils MealUncherVIPDined on 5/25/2014Our server was undertrained and likely incapable of learning. She certainly meant well but her limitations caused a significant lack of reasonable service.
- an anniversary in Pittsburgh.garandrobdineDined on 5/14/2014We had a wonderful table, the only table in our room-for our 37th anniversary. The menu was great. The wines were moderately priced. The service was excellent. We will definitely go back and we won't wait till our 38th anniversary-that is too long to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Note of ThanksCharlieDined on 5/14/2014my neighbor and I decided to take our mail carrier and his wife out to lunch to thank him for his faithful service to us..he has always gone beyond the call of duty to make sure our mail is well taken care of..we truly appreciate his faithful service..just a little way to thank himSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very perfectteachDined on 5/13/2014I took a very special elderly friend to lunch. Food was excellent and our server was attentive. The atmosphere allowed for conversation. Would highly recommend this for special moments!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so diningDollyWhite8Dined on 5/8/2014We used to really enjoy Andora but our last experience was a real disappointment. I had the 8oz filet which was tough and hard to chew. I took it home for the dog. The vegetables were cut in very large slices and were hard to eat unless you cut them into smaller pieces. The veal was thick and chewy. The house salad is tasteless with a dressing to match. Service was adequate. Would not recommend the restaurant in the future.
- When in the 'burgB2lunchVIPDined on 5/2/2014Andora (the old Cross Keys Inn) is rejuvenated. The overall atmosphere is warm and appealing. The food is fantastic. The service is very good. I can't wait to be there on a nice summer evening to enjoy the outdoor patio dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andora's in FCTopoftheHillDined on 5/1/2014We met out-of-town college friends at Andora's. We had a table for 6. Food and Service were excellent. It was the perfect place to get together. The only thing that would have been better is if the weather was warmer and we could have eaten outside.Special Features:
- Overall my experience wasleanbeanDined on 4/3/2014Overall my experience was pleasant. The food was very tasty. However, I thought the waitress was kind of slow. It was a thursday night and the place wasn't that crowded. Also, I ordered a beer and it was warm. Other than those two things I enjoyed Andora and would most likely come back. Probably for happy hour or lunch tho.Special Features: