1616 Mt. Nebo Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15143Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andorarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4127492452
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Pacella
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties up to 25 or separate room parties up to 45. Please call for party menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sean D. Enright 4127492452
A word from Andora Sewickley
Andora is a casual fine dining destination tucked neatly in the hills between Pittsburgh"s north suburbs and the Sewickley Valley. Boasting one of the regions best outdoor dining experiences, Andora has been pleasing loyal guests for years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Andora Sewickley - Best Restaurants in Sewickley ›
Andora Sewickley reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (112)neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (60)great for lunch (44)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (31)romantic (28)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- Nonstop GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Every course was outstanding! Service exceptional. Manager CJ top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had a reservation so we were seated very quickly outside. The evening was lovely, warm and the food was delicious. Service over the top and prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor diningJazmynDined on 8/29/2014We loved it, great summer night, loved the food and ambiance and the company. Our waiter Steve was excellent, very personable and attentive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatlarryandmarDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed dining at Andora's because of the very good food and the ambiance of the patios seating. My one reservation is that I believe that the pricing is about 20% too high. I can only go on special occasions because of the cost of dining there.Special Features:
- A little disappointedMustangNanaDined on 8/24/2014I was called earlier in the day to confirm our reservation. At the time we discussed the fact that I had requested outdoor seating and were told that it would be no problem. However upon our arrival at 6:25 for a 6:30 reservation, we were told that the outdoor seating was filled and that when a reservation is made through Open Table that they can not absolutely confirm your request if someone comes in off the street and requests the outdoor seating ahead of you, even though it was confirmed earlier in the day and we were not late arriving. We were told that since they had not over booked that evening that we would be the next table to be seated. We went to the bar and were called in a little over half an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great outdoor diningChrisDined on 8/24/2014Always love the food, the atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent and the restaurant is quite cozy. Service was nice and friendly. I'd go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - so so servicefeltlikeabotherDined on 8/22/2014Our waitress informed us right out of the gate that this was a long day. Hmmm. Maybe mine was too. From that point on she was very dry and not personable at all. I felt like it was an inconvenience for us to be there for her. Not very welcoming.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Mealgreat2getoutDined on 8/18/2014We meet for a late dinner. There were 5 of us. We enjoyed drinks, appetizers and meals. There was no room for dessert. Everything was great. The weather that night as we sat out on the patio was perfect. Our food was very appetizing. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- peterDined on 8/15/2014We have eaten at Andora several times now, with each time being a pleasure experience. Food and service has always been good.Special Features:
- ATeamDined on 8/15/2014We sat on the pation on a beautiful summer evening, enjoying the sounds of the fountain. I had the Catfish special which was delicious, the filet was done to a perfection for my husband and our son enjoyed his pasta dish. The menu had a wide variety to choose from. Service was excellent, polite and water glasses were never empty. Nice varity of great wines to be tasted! I would recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Our whole group enjoyed our dinner. While we felt the slow pace was enjoyable, others may have felt it was too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurveVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food very inconsistent. Sometimes good, sometimes totally different and nothing similar to the dish you had on previous visit,.Special Features:
- Eat outside if PossibleOutsideDinnerDined on 8/9/2014Great place to have an outside meal in the North Hills.Special Features:
- ColbyDined on 8/8/2014I was here with my parents for my birthday and we had a fabulous time. Our waiter, Michael, was a lot of fun and knew the menu. He helped us to decide what we ordered and he was spot on. Our appetizers, the zucchini and crab cake were amazing! We all had the wedge salad and it was the best I had ever had. My mom and I were disappointed with our main course which was the horseradish encrusted cod. It was very bland. Michael did suggest other courses, but we didn't listen to him for this one and we should have. My stepdad loved the tuna. Overall it was such a great time and the ambiance was fantastic! We will be back.Special Features:
- Great TimeAroundTownDinerDined on 8/8/2014Great food. There are many great menu options, but they also accommodated food combination requests that weren't on the menu. Outdoor patio is spacious and a great place to dine. Service was slow & spotty after food was served - possibly due to volume of outdoor diners. Waiter helpers were quick to clear plates but didn't seem to realize they should be refilling water glasses, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersASNYCVIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed te fish sandwich very much. Freshly made, light batter and fresh fish. Great find for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTonyDined on 7/27/2014We had a family dinner for my wife's birthday. Food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southernsidneyDined on 7/25/2014Pretty outdoor patio area. Friendly and welcoming staff. Excellent service. Delicious food; small portions. Great spot for the perfect summer dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Outdoor DinnerFineDiningSearcherVIPDined on 7/25/2014Planned to meet another couple for dinner and wanted to dine outdoors, and haven't done so in a year. Requested reservations for outside table were honored and confirmed in advance by telephone with the staff. Our table was situated by the statued fountain, adding a relaxed ambiance. Evening temperature was perfect, and so was our waiter - - professional, and operating efficiently in the background. Cocktails were quickly delivered as ordered, as was our appetizer flatbread to share - excellent! Entrees arrived in a reasonable amount of time as we soaked in our friendship and the serenity of the patio..... All 4 entrees arrived hot and were tasty. We're headed back with other friends to experience......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Love the ambiance, ate outside in the early evening and it was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fresh fish is always superb!BusybDined on 7/20/2014Sitting around the fountain in the summer is one of our favorite things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet evening outMortodoDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed a perfect evening out for our anniversary. It was a perfect evening weather wise - so the patio was ideal. It was a Tuesday and though Andora's was very busy - we still felt the patio was quiet enough and romantic enough to celebrate a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealCarolMVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was excellent as were the food choices. It was difficult not to over-order. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- DeBorahVIPDined on 7/11/2014Bar was wonderful, salmon was great, cod was just okay (a little on the chewy side) - hot fudge pecan ball was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peterDined on 7/6/2014Wait staff was very very good Sunday night with the food being excellent. This visit was I think our 4th with many other restaurants we go to and not returning. Plus, Andora is easy to get to from our home in Carnegie, PA. Our friends, who had not been to Andora, said they would also return. For what one is getting, the prices are fair. I wondered why we did not get any dining points. J peter freedSpecial Features:
- Reasonable prices, fun patioKimberlyDined on 7/5/2014We weren't blown away by the food, but it was pretty good. The patio is really pretty with lights and candles, and the service was great. Prices were really reasonable for this type of restaurant - we spent $125 (plus tip) on three drinks, two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts. I'd go again, at least for drinks and apps. Recommended!Special Features:
- Lunch with friends29andfiineDined on 7/1/2014I had lunch with longtime college friends. We were seated on the patio. Lovely and relaxing! Food was delicious . We were not rushed and the server checked on us but was not intrusive. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening to rememberbdaytrioDined on 6/30/2014We sat on the patio for an exceptional evening -- a comfortable and relaxed, yet elegant environment. I would highly recommend the Horseradish crusted Alaskan cod -- truly fantastic! The mixed berry cobbler was fresh and delicious! The service was spectacular, too! It was a birthday meal I'll remember!!Special Features:
- ExcellentBestofnewDined on 6/27/2014Food and service were great! And after this long winter sitting outside on the patio to celebrate a family members birthday was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so hotPaoloDined on 6/27/2014Very loud, very crowded, over-priced; food so-so. For the expense, dining there was disappointing.Special Features:
- Fantastic once again!NikkiPDined on 6/26/2014Wonderful evening dining outside! As always, top notch food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32nd wedding anniversaryValentinesDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I had dinner at Andora and enjoyed it very much. We tried different foods and all were excellent. The service was good and our waitress helped us with menu suggestions which worked out well. We would definately recommend Andora.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful patioJodiDined on 6/25/2014Perfect place for outdoor dining, and it's much quieter than the dining room.Special Features:
- MusicKennyGDined on 6/24/2014The music selection was inappropriate and so was the volume: too loud; too much vocalism which competed with our conversation.Special Features:
- Fit For FoodiesTobyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Ate at Andora on a Monday evening after our impromptu decision to go out someplace local. Got the calamari appetizer and the crab cakes which are consistently excellent. My husband got the mahi-mahi dinner special and was very pleased with his choice. Portions are on the large side so we each had "take away" for lunch or dinner later. Waiter was knowledgeable, pleasant and attentive (Coby). My only criticism is that tables are close together and noise level in several of the rooms is " energetic" and impairs conversation for those who are hearing- impaired. However, food quality is excellent and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Our group ordered two filets, which were very good and two pasta dishes. The one pasta dish, simple capellini with mozz. and tomatoes, contained way too much garlic and not enough other spices (simply salt and pepper would have helped!). The dish was not enjoyable because of this. The other pasta dish was also very heavy on garlic but the garlic seemed to be cooked longer and was not nearly as pungent and strong/spicy as the other dish. Overall good food, but not the best first experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsDaveDined on 6/21/2014Andora's has a very nice outdoor dinning area which lends a romantic atmosphere to any occasion. The staff is friendly with a great knowledge of the menu. I would recommend Andora to anyone.Special Features:
- Patio PerfectionPittsburghBillDined on 6/20/2014During the summer, a group of my friends who get together for lunch monthly frequently chooses Andora for our destination. The food is always enticing and well-prepared, the ambience of the patio is delightful, and the service is always prompt and courteous. It's probably our most visited lunch site.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsFoodWatchDined on 6/17/20144 of us had dinner, each having something different. Everyone enjoyed the food very much. Service was good. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.