171 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.andinositalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4014533164x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Andino's Restaurant
Opened in 1975, a Federal Hill legend. A place where people gather to eat amongst friends!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Andino's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Andino's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (44)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (25)notable wine list (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (21)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Federal HillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Andinos was great, food and service was excellent, highly reccommend you visit there, bring your appetite, generous portions.Special Features:
- sarahwineDined on 8/23/2014Food was great - I had the veal saltimbocca. Delicious. Our server Brian was fantastic. Great recommendations.Special Features:
- Great foodLintiffDined on 8/23/2014We loved Andinos. The food was excellent!!! The red sangria was great!!!!Special Features:
- jonbDined on 8/23/2014Excellent quality food and not overpriced. Had an early reservation (5:45) and the place was packed. The server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and gave great recommendations. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great anniversary celebrationestpDined on 8/16/2014Andino's impressed from the beginning with a complimentary round of drinks in celevration of our anniversary. The service and the food was tremendous. I won't hesitate to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A trip to Italy on Federal HillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014We had a lovely and delicious dinner at Andinos on Tuesday evening. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgable and the food was delicious. We enjoyed everything and will return when we are next in Providence.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesAmygalDined on 8/9/2014Andino's was fabulous! From start to finish, not a single misstep. We were greeted and seated promptly (reservations a must on busy nights). Our waitperson, Ernest--possibly the friendliest server on the planet--made us feel very welcome and was very knowledgeable about the food and libations on the menu and was able to describe them well, with pertinent details. Although I know he had numerous other tables, the level of service was such that it seemed we were his only table. We had two incredible dishes: Chicken Andino's (artichoke hearts, pepperoni, and roasted red peppers in a white wine sauce), and Chicken Saltimbocca, with proscuitto, cheese, and an a-MAZ-ing cream sherry sauce. I almost wept with joy at my first bite of it. 5 stars!Special Features:
- rongrongDined on 8/1/2014visiting from Chicago where there is fabulous Italian - Andino's would be welcome on Taylor Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Attended with a group of 8. Table was ready at specified time and the service was great. Everyone at the table loved their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only 5 stars?robcDined on 7/31/2014Everything was 5 stars - and then some! There was no need to even look at the menu - the daily specials fit our needs perfectly. Our server was very helpful and attentive. His personality was sparkling and he had a great sense of humor. His knowledge of both the food offerings as well as the cocktail offerings made our decisions easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SherriDined on 7/30/2014This was not our first visit and definitely not our last. Food, service, atmosphere & value are terrific. If you have never been, go! If you have been before, you already know you will go back :)Special Features:
- Fantastic!melsybar26Dined on 7/29/2014This vintage Federal Hill restaurant is one you simply can't afford to miss. The staff is kind and friendly, our server Laura was also efficient and professional. The food was fresh, not heavy lime some Italian restaurants, hot and delicious. They boast competitive prices that are very reasonable for this area. They have an extensive wine list and menu...I really can't say enough positive things about Andino's, so go see for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEatoutrviewsDined on 7/26/2014Although made reservations and was not crowded when got there they wanted to sit us near kitchen. Usual for some restaurants when not regular customer. We asked to move and they put us in window near bar. Food was also disappointing. Had they special zucchini appetizer swimming in Frances's sauce as was the veal francese I ordered. Just lots of butter and lemon. Husband did better with snapper and plain vegetables. Wish we had left and walked up the street but just visiting providence for water fires took this off yelp recommends. If you are from NY where we have excellent Italian, skip this one
- Good solid Italian foodRebeccaVIPDined on 7/20/2014We took our sons to Andino's for lunch on Sunday and they both enjoyed large delicious plates of traditional Italian pasta with red sauce. Perfect for teenagers! Plenty of delicious food and good service.Special Features:
- The food outstanding, service greatMcKoyDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The service was prompt and courteous. The food is always outstanding. We had the lunch special for Restaurant Week. We also tried an appetizer of Squash Petals that were sauteed with egg and olive oil and seasoned. Excellent! The fried calamari, Rhode Island's State Appetizer, was a little on the spicy side with jalepenos but is was excellent! Main dish was Chicken Andino with artichokes. Great and very flavourful and tender. Highly recommend Andino's for any occassion! I picture the chefs being from the same family and the food tastes like what Grandma would make for us at home. Real comfort food.Special Features:
- Unfortunate ExperienceAllisonStellaDined on 7/18/2014Always enjoy the food, this visit was no different regarding the quality of food. Service was very lacking, but they were busy. We will never dine here again...we inadvertently left our credit card after checking out, which was fradulently used at a gas station on Benefit St. (in Prov) and a WalMart in Seekonk MA later that evening for over $600. General Manager and owner were extremely unaccomodating when we reached out regarding the incident to alert them of the theft. Very disappointed with the low level of professionalism displayed. Most businesses would want to know when this type of activity was taking place within their walls, apparently Andino's is the rare exception. Will continue to take my business to Camille's and Siena.
- Good restaurantLove2eatDined on 7/15/2014We went for restaurant week. The good and service was excellent. A lot of old people but it was a Tuesday. If I had to say anything negative the place was small and loud but the food and service make up for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must to eat atBrooklynbillDined on 7/13/2014Andino's is the top restaurant on Federal Hill to eat. The wait staff is friendly and the food great. Must try the Peach Sangria. This is the place I go to anytime I visit Providence !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceDinerellaDined on 7/12/2014The food was 10/10. Friendly service. Quick service despite the busy nature of the restaurant on a Saturday night. The location seemed cramped inside but had a beautiful outdoor patio which would be great for the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealBaronessDined on 7/12/2014The menu was typically Italian-American with all the saltimboccas, piccatas, etc., but I was very pleased with my "special" appetizer of stuffed zucchini blossoms with ricotta and prosciutto and a wonderful tangy lemony sauce, and a tasty Francese egg batter. Fresh oysters on the half shell also didn't disappoint. My fiancé got a stuffed portobella mushroom and asked for crab stuffing. That was not as good, as any crab was lost in a very moist and smooth bread-y filling and slathered in so much sauce that it was falling apart and not very appetizing. My lobster ravioli was very good, plumply filled and with good lobster taste. Overall we enjoyed it on a nice summer day, sitting near the front window.
- Late dinnernjcdjDined on 7/10/2014Our restaurant week dinner was a late night reservation so we wouldn't be pushed out. Angel was our server and apologized for getting to us so slowly. She was awesome for our party and made the night. Our food was good to fair but not as good as it usually is. Perhaps it was because of it being restaurant week and the kitchen was over worked. We'll try again as it is usually our go-to on Federal Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlaceIceman1Dined on 7/8/2014I recommend this restaurant 4 out 5 meals were great!!!Special Features:
- Tasty but loudfbfrDined on 7/8/2014The dining room is small, and there was a very large, loud party at the next table. I could barely hear our waiter when he spoke to us. However, the food was tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for EveryoneluvtoeatVIPDined on 7/7/2014The menu at this restaurant is endless; nothing to want for. The service was superb, as was the food and portion size. If you get there before 5 PM they offer $1 shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, and I believe oysters. The mushrooms were terrific! They were having a Sangria tasting on their outdoor back patio area that day. It's very cute with plenty of tables, and they offered small appetizers all for $5. We live in MA and will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Providence Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2014We went during the week that Providence has the special 3-course meals for a set price. We went for lunch and it was fantastic. Nice soup to start, the calamari app is unbelievable and the choices for main meal were great - we all tried different - chicken parm, clams and linguini and Chicken Andino - all were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian Restaurant!MandADined on 7/6/2014Federal Hill gem! Wonderful meal and exceptional service. Ask for Mama!Special Features:
- So fresh!Lauren0749Dined on 7/5/2014We were seated immediately even though we were a few minutes late for our reservation because of parking issues. There was no on street parking when we got there, but paid $15 for valet parking. We were approached by 4 different staff to wish us a happy anniversary, including the manager, who sent free champagne to our table. Brian was our waiter and I don't think I've ever had a better waiter! He was funny, knowledgeable, and attentive without being overbearing. started with the fried calamari - excellent choice. Spicy and fresh. scrod andino - biggest and freshest piece of scrod I've ever had. I thought the pepperoni on top would be strange but it was awesome. Sauce was excellent and wish I had brought home a bottle. No room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie But GoodieFlyinDined on 7/4/2014We had a wonderful night over July 4 weekend. We arrived over an hour early, and the staff made us comfortable at the bar and got us in earlier once a table opened. The food was very tasty, and seemed as fresh as any newcomer on the block. The scene is classic but not stale. The place is small but vibrant. I heartily recommend Andino's.Special Features:
- Conversation optionalMikasmomDined on 7/3/2014I went here for lunch with my 84 year old aunt and uncle, my 75 year old mom and 81 year old dad. The tables are extremely close together - so much so that it is difficult to get into your seat without disturbing the next table. Large folks would surely have trouble. The food was very heavy handed and the menu was boring. The others all enjoyed their meals and the prices were very reasonable. The highlight was our server, who, even at 7 months pregnant, was cheerful, professional and patient with the older folks who had difficulty hearing. I do not recommend this place for foodies. For those who like old fashioned Italian food, it would be ok. Note: there are stairs leading to the men's room which my party had difficulty with.
- Great food !! HUGE portionsMeganiteVIPDined on 6/24/2014Portion sizes are enough to feed 2-3 people! I've never seen Chicken Parm so big! Food is SO great; authentic for sure. Tables are tight. Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible.NvragainDined on 6/22/2014The food was absolutely terrible. We had a great waiter but the food was so incredibly bad it didn't even matter. We will never be returning nor will we recommend it to anyone.
- Andino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2014Quality of food excellent, delicious, as was the attentiveness of the waiter. One item I had enjoyed in the past was no longer on the menu, but the chef prepared it for me anyhow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes to Andino's!FatkidinsideDined on 6/11/2014Andino's is absolutely delicious! Whenever I have an excuse to get down to Providence I make sure to dine at Andino's. I live near Boston and none of the North End restaurants I've been to has a dish as good as Andino's gnocchi. The gnocchi itself is cooked perfectly and the pink vodka sauce is mouth watering. The waitstaff has always been very helpful in their recommendations.Special Features:
- outstandinglindaDined on 6/7/2014Dining here for years. Never dined outside before but did this time and it was wonderful. One of my favoirtes on Federal HillSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. The food is fabulous. There is an extensive menu and no matter what I have ordered, it has always been good. This time we ordered a watermelon sangria which was delightful as an accompaniment to our eggplant parm and meatball and ziti entrees. The bread is always fresh and delicious and the staff is always friendly. Even though Federal Hill boasts great restaurants, I am always tempted to return to Andino's.Special Features:
- Excellent exerience all around!HappytoeatDined on 6/3/2014I selected this location for a group of work colleagues for a dinner during a training session. The selection couldn't have been better! We had the most unbelievable waitress that made the evening memorable, pleasant, fun, and entertaining! She was attentive, fun, happy to be there, and knowledgeable. She made recommendations that we SPOT ON for all 8 of us, and treated us like we were part of her family. The food was OUTSTANDING! All 8 of us were thrilled with our selections, in fact, we were all raving about each of our meals at dinner. I highly recommend this spot - sit outside and request Laurie, tell her the crazy crew that nicknamed her Gina sent you! :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Excellent Italian food on federal hill. Had reservations and we were seated immediatelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014It was so noisy that I couldn't talk or hear the people at my table.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Reservations required, delicious food, friendly staff, and reasonably priced considering it is located on federal hill. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Federal HillJamesVIPDined on 5/22/2014Andino's is good basic Italian coupled with great cocktails, knowledgeable wait staff, and all the little touches that make dining more than eating out. Our swordfish with grilled artichoke in a white wine sauce was fabulous perhaps the best preparation of swordfish I have ever eaten. The Caesar salad was huge and thankfully shared and even the bread was special. Our pre dinner soups were loaded with vegetables and in my case chicken and were served very hot. We had no room left for dessert but the ones we saw made us want to indulge.Special Features: