171 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.andinositalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (401) 453-3164
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Andino's Restaurant
Opened in 1975, a Federal Hill legend. A place where people gather to eat amongst friends!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Andino's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Andino's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (38)good for groups (30)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (16)hot spot (13)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The food choices were excellent the prices were fair and the service was very good, only complaint was that it appeared much larger in the pics online. It was rather small and crowded. They had a huge bar area that if there were smart they would expand their dining area because the food is so good. I would recommend but I would suggest then get a larger dining spaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedknickDined on 11/22/2014I was disappointed by this restaurant that has been a staple of federal hill for many years. The restaurant was small, noisy and service was particularly slow. Save for a very nice busser who was on top of clearing our table as needed with a smile. The food was sub-par and way overpriced. In a small area with many Italian restaurants competing for business, this restaurant did not win my business back again. I would not suggest this restaurant to friends and would not return.
- Too noisy, Good dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Unfortunately there was a wedding party occupying several tables next to us. The noise level was HIGH & we couldn't even hold a conversation at our table.Server apologized for the noise-so the HIGH is not an exaggeration-but it didn't matter.A free appt or dessert would have helped to make a spoiled evening a little better. Food was good except my eggplant app was a little too crispy on the bottom. Wonder if it was a wedding party app left over? Fried mozz was wonderful. Would definitely visit again IF there isn't a big noisy party next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort foodandrewDined on 11/20/2014Andino's is a consistent experience! The food was good and the staff is always friendly. We sat at the bar(near the door) before dinner and when the door opened we felt the cold air rush in. We were then seated near the door for dinner and felt the cold air again. You need to fix that situation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinaGinaDined on 11/15/2014Andino’s offered a variety of specials from appetizers to dessert. Our meal was filling, but we did find room to fit a fried cannoli for dessert!! The service was great. I will return and would recommend Andino’s to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch VisitRafflesDined on 11/14/2014The hot starter with stuffed clams and mushrooms was not very good. The special fish entree' was perfect and will have me returning for more lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing nightDelishDined on 11/11/2014I had an amazing one year anniversary dinner thanks to this restaurant with its wonderful service, and its exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LousyOakland2421Dined on 11/8/2014Small, crammed, loud, poor service...not even good gravy for an "Italian" place. It took 15 minutes to get a drink order in, another 15 to get food order in and 40+ Minutes to get lobster ravioli and baked stuffed shrimp served (which was horrible). Even the bread was cold and stale. Over $100 tab and I left starving. I'll never be back.
- best on federal hillCLNYVIPDined on 11/8/2014the appertizers of shrimp scampi and snail salad were great. In fact, the snail salad was the best i ever had by a long shot. the entree of chicken saltimbocca was excellent, Only problem my entree of veal picatta was very tasty, but the veal was tough. Sometimes this happens at the best restaurants. All in all i will definitely return to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastcoast1dineeDined on 11/7/2014Andino's restaurant in the federal hill section of providence is awesome! The food and service were excellent ! There is valet parking which helps when you have reservations. Our table was ready and available as planned. There is much variety with homemade pasta dishes, chicken, seafood, veal, and steak entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F TrottaFTrottaDined on 11/1/2014This is a "must visit restaurant" on Federal Hill." The food is consistently top tier, the staff friendly and is priced fairly.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Loud MusichonestdinerDined on 11/1/2014The pasta, eggplant, and bruschetta were delicious! I would have ordered the stuffed mushrooms, but I'm vegetarian. The service was excellent; staff was friendly, accommodating, and polite. The music, however, was too loud. Softer Italian music would definitely create a more appropriate ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovedmrsdewinterDined on 10/25/2014andino's. have always loved this place and had a the chance to be in providence again and go. a true gem.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014From the vast number of Italian restaurants on Atwells Avenue, we felt like we made the right choice. The bar staff and host were incredibly friendly, introduced themselves, and remembered our names. The food was great--nothing super fancy, just really well prepared, generous portions...and a great tomato sauce. The prices for food and wine were reasonable, and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian meal, very nice staffAndreaVIPDined on 10/24/2014The staff was so nice accommodating our growing number of guests. Food very good, nice drinks. Family friendly classic Italian restaurant. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite federal hill spotKASIIVIPDined on 10/22/2014Food is always good,(great red sauce joint) Stephanie behind the bar is the best which is why we're regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent Italian food. I try to come here whenever I'm in Providence and the food always lives up to high expectations.
- Great experienceGLSMDined on 10/21/2014Excellent food and great service for the right price. We enjoy very much the time we spent at this restaurant. They have a very knowledgeable staff. If you like veal this is the place to go. I recommend the Vitello Andino is fantastic. We are definitely going back to repeat the experience.Special Features:
- Italian fareMichelleDined on 10/16/2014If you are looking for a true Italian restaurant this place on the "Hill" is the place to go never disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jananDined on 10/14/2014The food is always good here. Veal is a specialty. My friend felt her meal was cold, even though the sauce was hot. Not a problem, they immediately corrected the problem and she had a very enjoyable dinner. Generous portions, we all took a portion home.Special Features:
- IncredibleScarchinDined on 10/11/2014Amazing food! Outstanding service! A perfect romantic evening! A great way to start a Waterfire night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDinearoundDined on 10/8/2014This a great go to ace on the hill. Food is very good, well priced, and consistent. Valet parking is prompt. Best veal parmigiana I have ever had. Other selections always good as well. Waiters and host are terrific. Outside dining in back very quiet and a gem in this urban setting. Our go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJohnDined on 9/30/2014I thought I knew what good food was until I came here. Mouth waters when I think about andinosSpecial Features:
- great food, great serviceJerryJDined on 9/24/2014We were visiting Providence for a business conference, selected Andino's from on-line reviews. We were delighted with the food and the service. It is located in the Federal Hill neighborhood. We had a group of 12, but we were able to find something on the menu that everyone loved. It was a little cramped, but once some other diners finished their meal, the serving staff added a table to ours and we were able to spread out. The food was fabulous and the service could not have been better. Additionally, we were able to eat for about $50 person including dessert.Special Features:
- Great for Authentic RI ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Came with a group of 6 people. 4 of them were from out of town. We had them try the Snails Andino and the Calamari tosses with the peppers. They loved it. The seafood dishes were extremely fresh and flavorful. Try the chicken or veal parm, best on Federal Hill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeachygeminiDined on 9/22/2014I mentioned it was my son's 18 th birthday on my reservation, and our waiter made it a special occasion from the moment we sat down. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Food and service were excellent. The room was full (Sunday night!) and a little bit too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veal evershaschoDined on 9/20/2014The food is always excellent, with the veal being the best around. Service is always prompt and cordial without being pushy or too chatty, but tonight's dishwasher wasn't up to par. Cracked waterglass, followed by a warm waterglass with a stray piece of lettuce; a far-from-normal occurence (as in never before). The waitstaff was properly horrified and made up for this with a bit of humor and increased attentiveness. Andino's remains my favorite dining establishmentSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceFredyDined on 9/20/2014Worth the two hour drive.Food and service were excellent.Best veal I've eaten in years.
- Very satisfiedJimjoe421Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome experience, food is always exceptional and generous portions. Ask for Ernie as your waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Federal Hill gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Best veal I have ever eaten...great service..we sat outside which is in the rearSpecial Features:
- anniversary celebrationimpressedinBostonDined on 9/6/2014This was our first trip to Andinos but.won't be our last ! Authentic delicious Italian fare with outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodBillyLDined on 9/5/2014Andino's has some of the best Italian food in Rhode Island! If they have the grilled pizzas available, they are amazing, particularly the Italiano. Also, if you like pasta, the gnocchi is the best around... Amazing food! Small intimate location, only negative is it can be loud sometimes, but still very romantic and worth the trip in my opinion!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnercupcakes65Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary at Andino's with our 17 year old twins. We had a great table on the patio and our waiter Eric could not have been any more nicer or professional that night. He answered our questions about the specials and how they were made and even brought us complimentary glasses of champagne with our appetizers. I wanted to cry. The food was great, I had the eggplant parm, which was a big serving, I took half home! My husband had the chicken saltimbuca (?) and he loved that. My son had the gnocci and my daughter had a chicken dish that was a special, also taking most of it home because the portions are huge at Andino's. It was a perfect night and we cannot wait to dine there again soon!Special Features:
- Pluses and minuses.MarkDined on 9/4/2014Staff was very nice and attentive. Ambiance was sub-par and interior is long overdue for a remodel, noisy, lighting too bright. Outdoor seating was poorly lit at night and tables need solid tops. Food was very good though, Bravo!!
- Outstanding evening!jmzavDined on 9/3/2014Andino's was all I imagined and so much more, service was impeccable, personable and spot on. Never hovering always ready at just the right time.The atmosphere was very nice, we sat outside and couldn't have asked for a more quiet area. (inside looked like it could get noisy if packed).The food was fantastic - from the dipping bread to the meal .Starting w/ fried mozzarella as an app, breaded and topped with the best marinara sauce I've ever tasted.I chose the classic fettuccini,my husband chose the veal parm.Cooked to perfection and plenty left over for. The Limoncello mascarpone cake was great, very lite w/ just enough sweet to seal the deal. They definitely made our anniversary special.... Definitely a must do when on the hill! Enjoy !!Special Features:
- Lunch for 6ChristenDined on 9/1/2014Great spot on Federal Hill. Food is excellent, everything is made to order. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit 2CorgiDined on 8/31/2014This is my second visit to Andinos food and service awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningCtFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Seated right on time, very organized, excellent waitress, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute Sunday eveningMPDxxDined on 8/31/2014Accommodated reservation for time desired. Appreciated the valet parking as street parking is minimal at best. Food and drinks were fine, large portions where we brought food home. Were pushed a bit to vacate the table as another party was waiting but in all a very good time with a good meal and friends. Price was reasonable.Special Features: