171 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.andinositalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4014533164x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Andino's Restaurant
Opened in 1975, a Federal Hill legend. A place where people gather to eat amongst friends!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Andino's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Andino's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (25)romantic (25)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (18)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- great food, great serviceJerryJDined on 9/24/2014We were visiting Providence for a business conference, selected Andino's from on-line reviews. We were delighted with the food and the service. It is located in the Federal Hill neighborhood. We had a group of 12, but we were able to find something on the menu that everyone loved. It was a little cramped, but once some other diners finished their meal, the serving staff added a table to ours and we were able to spread out. The food was fabulous and the service could not have been better. Additionally, we were able to eat for about $50 person including dessert.Special Features:
- Great for Authentic RI ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Came with a group of 6 people. 4 of them were from out of town. We had them try the Snails Andino and the Calamari tosses with the peppers. They loved it. The seafood dishes were extremely fresh and flavorful. Try the chicken or veal parm, best on Federal Hill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeachygeminiDined on 9/22/2014I mentioned it was my son's 18 th birthday on my reservation, and our waiter made it a special occasion from the moment we sat down. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Food and service were excellent. The room was full (Sunday night!) and a little bit too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veal evershaschoDined on 9/20/2014The food is always excellent, with the veal being the best around. Service is always prompt and cordial without being pushy or too chatty, but tonight's dishwasher wasn't up to par. Cracked waterglass, followed by a warm waterglass with a stray piece of lettuce; a far-from-normal occurence (as in never before). The waitstaff was properly horrified and made up for this with a bit of humor and increased attentiveness. Andino's remains my favorite dining establishmentSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceFredyDined on 9/20/2014Worth the two hour drive.Food and service were excellent.Best veal I've eaten in years.
- Very satisfiedJimjoe421Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome experience, food is always exceptional and generous portions. Ask for Ernie as your waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Federal Hill gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Best veal I have ever eaten...great service..we sat outside which is in the rearSpecial Features:
- anniversary celebrationimpressedinBostonDined on 9/6/2014This was our first trip to Andinos but.won't be our last ! Authentic delicious Italian fare with outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodBillyLDined on 9/5/2014Andino's has some of the best Italian food in Rhode Island! If they have the grilled pizzas available, they are amazing, particularly the Italiano. Also, if you like pasta, the gnocchi is the best around... Amazing food! Small intimate location, only negative is it can be loud sometimes, but still very romantic and worth the trip in my opinion!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnercupcakes65Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary at Andino's with our 17 year old twins. We had a great table on the patio and our waiter Eric could not have been any more nicer or professional that night. He answered our questions about the specials and how they were made and even brought us complimentary glasses of champagne with our appetizers. I wanted to cry. The food was great, I had the eggplant parm, which was a big serving, I took half home! My husband had the chicken saltimbuca (?) and he loved that. My son had the gnocci and my daughter had a chicken dish that was a special, also taking most of it home because the portions are huge at Andino's. It was a perfect night and we cannot wait to dine there again soon!Special Features:
- Pluses and minuses.MarkDined on 9/4/2014Staff was very nice and attentive. Ambiance was sub-par and interior is long overdue for a remodel, noisy, lighting too bright. Outdoor seating was poorly lit at night and tables need solid tops. Food was very good though, Bravo!!
- Outstanding evening!jmzavDined on 9/3/2014Andino's was all I imagined and so much more, service was impeccable, personable and spot on. Never hovering always ready at just the right time.The atmosphere was very nice, we sat outside and couldn't have asked for a more quiet area. (inside looked like it could get noisy if packed).The food was fantastic - from the dipping bread to the meal .Starting w/ fried mozzarella as an app, breaded and topped with the best marinara sauce I've ever tasted.I chose the classic fettuccini,my husband chose the veal parm.Cooked to perfection and plenty left over for. The Limoncello mascarpone cake was great, very lite w/ just enough sweet to seal the deal. They definitely made our anniversary special.... Definitely a must do when on the hill! Enjoy !!Special Features:
- Lunch for 6ChristenDined on 9/1/2014Great spot on Federal Hill. Food is excellent, everything is made to order. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit 2CorgiDined on 8/31/2014This is my second visit to Andinos food and service awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningCtFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Seated right on time, very organized, excellent waitress, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute Sunday eveningMPDxxDined on 8/31/2014Accommodated reservation for time desired. Appreciated the valet parking as street parking is minimal at best. Food and drinks were fine, large portions where we brought food home. Were pushed a bit to vacate the table as another party was waiting but in all a very good time with a good meal and friends. Price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Great foodPCdropoffDined on 8/31/2014Not my first time here, as always, excellent food, generous portions. Must try the strawberry sangria- very refreshing and not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great foodcavendishDined on 8/29/2014As always, the food is great. We booked late so only table was outside on their patio. Prefer inside but is was nice that night. However, the service this night was very slow, 15 minutes to put in a drink order and another 10 to 15 after that to get them. Food was GREAT!! the waitress didn't seem hurried but was missing when repeat drinks were wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Federal HillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Andinos was great, food and service was excellent, highly reccommend you visit there, bring your appetite, generous portions.Special Features:
- sarahwineDined on 8/23/2014Food was great - I had the veal saltimbocca. Delicious. Our server Brian was fantastic. Great recommendations.Special Features:
- Great foodLintiffDined on 8/23/2014We loved Andinos. The food was excellent!!! The red sangria was great!!!!Special Features:
- jonbDined on 8/23/2014Excellent quality food and not overpriced. Had an early reservation (5:45) and the place was packed. The server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and gave great recommendations. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great anniversary celebrationestpDined on 8/16/2014Andino's impressed from the beginning with a complimentary round of drinks in celevration of our anniversary. The service and the food was tremendous. I won't hesitate to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A trip to Italy on Federal HillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014We had a lovely and delicious dinner at Andinos on Tuesday evening. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgable and the food was delicious. We enjoyed everything and will return when we are next in Providence.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesAmygalDined on 8/9/2014Andino's was fabulous! From start to finish, not a single misstep. We were greeted and seated promptly (reservations a must on busy nights). Our waitperson, Ernest--possibly the friendliest server on the planet--made us feel very welcome and was very knowledgeable about the food and libations on the menu and was able to describe them well, with pertinent details. Although I know he had numerous other tables, the level of service was such that it seemed we were his only table. We had two incredible dishes: Chicken Andino's (artichoke hearts, pepperoni, and roasted red peppers in a white wine sauce), and Chicken Saltimbocca, with proscuitto, cheese, and an a-MAZ-ing cream sherry sauce. I almost wept with joy at my first bite of it. 5 stars!Special Features:
- rongrongDined on 8/1/2014visiting from Chicago where there is fabulous Italian - Andino's would be welcome on Taylor Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Attended with a group of 8. Table was ready at specified time and the service was great. Everyone at the table loved their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only 5 stars?robcDined on 7/31/2014Everything was 5 stars - and then some! There was no need to even look at the menu - the daily specials fit our needs perfectly. Our server was very helpful and attentive. His personality was sparkling and he had a great sense of humor. His knowledge of both the food offerings as well as the cocktail offerings made our decisions easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SherriDined on 7/30/2014This was not our first visit and definitely not our last. Food, service, atmosphere & value are terrific. If you have never been, go! If you have been before, you already know you will go back :)Special Features:
- Fantastic!melsybar26Dined on 7/29/2014This vintage Federal Hill restaurant is one you simply can't afford to miss. The staff is kind and friendly, our server Laura was also efficient and professional. The food was fresh, not heavy lime some Italian restaurants, hot and delicious. They boast competitive prices that are very reasonable for this area. They have an extensive wine list and menu...I really can't say enough positive things about Andino's, so go see for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEatoutrviewsDined on 7/26/2014Although made reservations and was not crowded when got there they wanted to sit us near kitchen. Usual for some restaurants when not regular customer. We asked to move and they put us in window near bar. Food was also disappointing. Had they special zucchini appetizer swimming in Frances's sauce as was the veal francese I ordered. Just lots of butter and lemon. Husband did better with snapper and plain vegetables. Wish we had left and walked up the street but just visiting providence for water fires took this off yelp recommends. If you are from NY where we have excellent Italian, skip this one
- Good solid Italian foodRebeccaVIPDined on 7/20/2014We took our sons to Andino's for lunch on Sunday and they both enjoyed large delicious plates of traditional Italian pasta with red sauce. Perfect for teenagers! Plenty of delicious food and good service.Special Features:
- The food outstanding, service greatMcKoyDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The service was prompt and courteous. The food is always outstanding. We had the lunch special for Restaurant Week. We also tried an appetizer of Squash Petals that were sauteed with egg and olive oil and seasoned. Excellent! The fried calamari, Rhode Island's State Appetizer, was a little on the spicy side with jalepenos but is was excellent! Main dish was Chicken Andino with artichokes. Great and very flavourful and tender. Highly recommend Andino's for any occassion! I picture the chefs being from the same family and the food tastes like what Grandma would make for us at home. Real comfort food.Special Features:
- Unfortunate ExperienceAllisonStellaDined on 7/18/2014Always enjoy the food, this visit was no different regarding the quality of food. Service was very lacking, but they were busy. We will never dine here again...we inadvertently left our credit card after checking out, which was fradulently used at a gas station on Benefit St. (in Prov) and a WalMart in Seekonk MA later that evening for over $600. General Manager and owner were extremely unaccomodating when we reached out regarding the incident to alert them of the theft. Very disappointed with the low level of professionalism displayed. Most businesses would want to know when this type of activity was taking place within their walls, apparently Andino's is the rare exception. Will continue to take my business to Camille's and Siena.
- Good restaurantLove2eatDined on 7/15/2014We went for restaurant week. The good and service was excellent. A lot of old people but it was a Tuesday. If I had to say anything negative the place was small and loud but the food and service make up for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must to eat atBrooklynbillDined on 7/13/2014Andino's is the top restaurant on Federal Hill to eat. The wait staff is friendly and the food great. Must try the Peach Sangria. This is the place I go to anytime I visit Providence !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceDinerellaDined on 7/12/2014The food was 10/10. Friendly service. Quick service despite the busy nature of the restaurant on a Saturday night. The location seemed cramped inside but had a beautiful outdoor patio which would be great for the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealBaronessDined on 7/12/2014The menu was typically Italian-American with all the saltimboccas, piccatas, etc., but I was very pleased with my "special" appetizer of stuffed zucchini blossoms with ricotta and prosciutto and a wonderful tangy lemony sauce, and a tasty Francese egg batter. Fresh oysters on the half shell also didn't disappoint. My fiancé got a stuffed portobella mushroom and asked for crab stuffing. That was not as good, as any crab was lost in a very moist and smooth bread-y filling and slathered in so much sauce that it was falling apart and not very appetizing. My lobster ravioli was very good, plumply filled and with good lobster taste. Overall we enjoyed it on a nice summer day, sitting near the front window.
- Late dinnernjcdjDined on 7/10/2014Our restaurant week dinner was a late night reservation so we wouldn't be pushed out. Angel was our server and apologized for getting to us so slowly. She was awesome for our party and made the night. Our food was good to fair but not as good as it usually is. Perhaps it was because of it being restaurant week and the kitchen was over worked. We'll try again as it is usually our go-to on Federal Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.