1314 NW Glisan
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5032289535x4
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus with a Peruvian flair are available for offsite catering.
- Entertainment: Features live music with a Latin flavor every night in the bar. The music schedule can be viewed online at www.andinarestaurant.com.
A word from Andina
Andina draws inspiration from the native culinary traditions of Peru, as well as from the contemporary cooking by some of Peru’s leading chefs. Owner Doris Rodriguez de Platt, collaborates with Andina’s kitchen team to develop a menu that celebrates her family’s Andean roots, interweaving the ideas and techniques of both Criollo and Novo-Andean cuisines. The kitchen sources native and local ingredients to create dishes at once traditionally rooted and personally inspired. Founded in 2003, Andina emerged as one of the region’s leading Peruvian restaurants and continues to generate wide appeal within the food communities in and around Portland, and much further afield.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Andina - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Andina reviews from OpenTable diners
506 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (397)special occasion (304)hot spot (211)neighborhood gem (166)good for groups (150)romantic (142)vibrant bar scene (119)notable wine list (98)great for lunch (63)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (13)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Wonderful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Another dinner @ Andina. We have been going for many years & have never been less than dazzled. The Lamb Shank cannot be out done. Had the Yucca, cabiche & grilled octopus. Delightful. In a city full of great foodie establishments, Andina continues as out favorite. Try the sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Food is always fantastic and service on the mark. Their menu has so many interesting items. Entrees are spendy, but quite generous in size. We get several small plates to share for 4 to start and then split an entree for each couple. Lots of variety that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Terrific for dates.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Oysters were amazing. NO wait for reservations. Very nice ambiance. Cocktails were right on the money. The chutneys and all the other items we ordered were very good, fresh ingredients, popping in the mouth. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The restuarant was very vibrant, but high ceilings & open concept made is quite noisy. My husband found it hard to hear the waitress. Food was excellent! Nice mix of modern & traditional.Special Features:
- Incredible service, wonderful foodTaurmaurilsDined on 10/16/2014This is the second time I've been to Andina, but the first for a personal night out. My partner and I were celebrating both of out birthdays AND our 6mo anniversary. They comped both of our desserts, and the food and very attentive service were wonderful throughout the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new favorite for usnwphilDined on 10/15/2014Being located in the Pearl, one will assume that will be hyper-infatuated, with small servings, high prices and so-so food quality. Not so. However the noise level in this restaurant seriously damages the enjoyable experience of food and service they offer here. I must say that was very please with the sommelier in service, as her recommendation was spot on, and herself showing to be very knowledgeable without coming across as snobbish. Both wine list and dinner list are interesting enough to make us return despite the high noise level in the place. Portions and flavors were as expected in this restaurant level - which contradicts the general rule in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kajun BreesKajunBreesVIPDined on 10/15/2014Always a treat when dining at Andina's. Food was great as always and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014Very packed on a Tuesday evening. Tables to close together couldn't even get into the first table the hostess took us to so we switched tables. , high noise volume hard to talk but they do have great food. Server very sweet but inexperienced and very slow service.Special Features:
- Andina11goose19VIPDined on 10/14/2014Andina continues to excel in taste as well as presentation. This time was no exception. Causa Morada, grilled octopus and quinao stuffed pequilo peppers were our lunch choices. The grilled Octopus is one the best in Portland restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Food, wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Everything was delicious at Andina, would definitely recommend to friends. Great food, wine, dessert and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Tapas!Marebear44Dined on 10/11/2014We love this place. It was our second visit, and we will be back. This time we brought friends, who were very impressed. The habenero cocktail is amazing. I don't even drink normally, but after trying my husbands on our first visit I ordered my own this time. Perfection! The Ceveche is wonderful, in fact we've tried quite a few things on the small plates menu and all of them have been great! The first visit we sat in the bar area, and we preferred that. The other side is fine, but the bar area seems more intimate and less "big restaurant" like. Great service, and very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still top 10tzoeDined on 10/11/2014Still in the top 5 restaurants in Portland. Very creative chef and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InolvidableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We lived in Peru for years, and miss it. Our dinner at Andina took us back, in the best way possible. Flavors and ingredients we had almost forgotten came to life on our taste buds, and we were transported. One of the top meals anywhere. The ambiance was a little crowded and noisy, but the food more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Greatfood,greatservice32168travelersDined on 10/9/2014Very interesting and authentic Peruvian menu. Chef uses local ingredients as much as possible. Interesting décor and the plates and napkins are all South American colors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise.Yummers53Dined on 10/8/2014Some friends rounded me up after work and took me to Andina for dinner. Early reservation and got a booth by a window which was wonderful for people watching and appreciating that I was not in the commute frenzy. Service was wonderfully attentive. The speciality cocktails and the food were excellent. Would recommend Andina anytime with this one caveat. The restaurant gets incredibly noisy. Our decision was made to leave was based on not being able to hear one another for a decent conversation. Finished the evening in a much quieter venue for dessert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and ServiceRCNeedhamVIPDined on 10/6/2014I ate at Andina a couple of years ago on a business trip. We just moved to Portland and I was anxious to take my wife there on her birthday. The food was a unique array of flavors that I have not experienced elsewhere. Our server was awesome. We asked her to cascade the tapas plates comfortably so we would not be in a rush and she not only did that but suggeted a different delivery order based on the richness of one of the dishes. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Best dinner ever!FoodieGirlDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic food, knowledgeable waitstaff, fun ambiance-an excellent evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday October 4thOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Andina staff went above and beyond for us. It appears there was a mistake in the Open Table booking - I confirmed that I booked for the 4th, but the confirmation email - which I did not read - put us to the 5th. So there was no table for our party of 7 on a very busy night. We were given the private dining room and treated to a most memorable evening, I think for several of our group it was far and away the most special treatment they had ever received at a restaurant. The meal was wonderful and the service attentive and very professional, but the kindness they showed to us at the outset was a miracle. (I would have put the noise level at a little high for our group had we been in the main room, but as it was it was perfect!)
- Nice but noisysalemfoodieDined on 10/4/2014We ate at Andina on a Saturday with friends from the UK, whom we had not seen in several years. We expected some good conversation and catching up on news. The food was very good, although nothing any of us ordered was exceptional. Three of us are vegetarians, so this did limit our choices. The service was impeccable, friendly but not fawning. The advice from the wine steward was spot on. The decor of the restaurant is very nice, but the noise level was off the scale. Perhaps we just happened to be there with some especially noisy groups. Overall, we did enjoy our meal, and we would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014An adventure for your taste buds! To get a broad swath of delectables, order various tapas. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great except for the entreedinoDined on 10/4/2014The epenadas and cheese plate were great and wine suggestion was on the mark. Cocktails were super. However, my entree was the "special" seafood platter of the evening which consisted of a piece of unseasoned rock fish worth about $2, two shrimp, two bay scallops and two mussels with poorly seasoned rice. I was expecting much better. A complete miss. My wife and daughter had the scallops which looked and seemed to taste much better.Special Features:
- Again and againRCanagaVIPDined on 10/4/2014We attend Portland Center Stage plays often and have found Adina to be the best for service, timing, and food. We always enjoy the meals and thay are light enough that we do not fall asleep in the plays.Special Features:
- Out of Town SplurgeXcgrrlyDined on 10/3/2014We decided to try Andina after hearing great reviews from different sources, but the restaurant did not live up to the hype. The food was good, not stellar. All of the dishes came out looking gorgeous, but the taste was not able to justify the high prices. The bread with salsa was a first and tasted fine, but the jalapeno one was not very original as it just tasted like jalapenos put through a food processor. Seafood dishes came out as the winners, really enjoyed the crab stuffed avocadoC and the scallops. The beef heart was good to try, but not a fan of organ meats, so this one was not my thing. Prawns came out a little burned, and the purple potato with chicken ended up just being chicken salad with purple potato. Ceviche was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!geegeecDined on 10/3/2014We're on vacation and this was the best meal of our trip! Not only was the food great, but the wait staff was attentive and the ambiance was lively yet intimate. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Fun Menu, Horrible ServicefwtacomaDined on 10/2/2014The menu is innovative and fun - plus everything we had was delicious. Foodies will love the use of ingredients found rarely and non-foodies will just love that the food tastes great. Our service was horrible. Like grab a manager and say something. We sat down next to a table with a couple seated minutes after us. Watching them get refills, new bread, new sauces, plates cleaned off, drinks served, etc, while we sat there with piles of dirty plates, an empty beer bottle, no wine, no extra bread, no extra sauces, and then very slow food service was disappointing. While our waiter was polite, he was never there. The additional servers also seemed absent (except for the tables around us - where they buzzed with service).Special Features:
- Andina's Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/2/2014Bottom line, order their signature drink. BEST on this planet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful giftJandJDined on 9/30/2014We received a gift card as a wedding present and used it the same night! We had a wonderful dining experience at Andina, fabulous tapas and entrees, great service, good wine, and refreshing cucumber ice cream for dessert. I'd been here before but this particular evening was especially memorable. We reserved online through OpenTable - it was quick, and reassuring to know we were arriving with a reservation in place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great interesting foodU2dineDined on 9/29/2014Restaurant was overbooked. Arrived 15 minutes early. Bar was too full to get a place standing or sitting. Came back on time. Table not available until 20 minutes later. Bar still full. After a bad start the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowSealilyDined on 9/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I will definitely be doing back. The passion fruit salad dressing on their green salad wa amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014As usual it was excellent! We always enjoy going to Andina and the servers are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The food was great and would go again! Next time I would ask for downstairs for possibly a quieter dining experience and if not there, I would ask for a booth. Our server was sweet and informed and great also!!! The only reason I gave less stars was because it was noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayAmfpDined on 9/27/2014Appetizers disappointing to all in party. Entrees quite good. Good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This was an incredible place to dine for my birthday! Very knowledgeable servers on both the food and the libations, incredible food and flavors and a great ambiance. They really have an amazing vegan menu and they even went out of their way to provide an interesting vegan dessert. I will be coming back for many special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!avocadoyumDined on 9/24/2014My husband had eaten here 4 months ago. He raved about the food, and was eager to take me. We researched the menu so we wouldn't miss any outstanding dishes, and we also asked our waitress for advice. We shared 6 small tapas dishes including the much-touted octopus kebab and the marinated beef hearts. We were both very disappointed: the flavors were bland and unmemorable, except for the three sauces that are brought to each table to be used as desired. The beef hearts were tough and tasted like liver, the octopus was overcooked and not as fresh-tasting as I've had elsewhere. The vegetable soup of the day was boring. We also had a causa - a potato terrine - but the yellow aji sauce seemed absent. What a comedown! I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- five star service and food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014One of the best dining experiences on our trip to Oregon. Highly recommended on any return trip to Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors are memorable!!GoodDined on 9/21/2014Had fabulous dinner at Andina. Four of us ate their recently and it was a 5 star experience from start to finish. We made a reservation since it is a very popular place and were promptly seated in their very attractive space. Our waiter was very informative and helpful and made all great suggestions. We had 5 tappas dishes to share; grilled scallops, crab stuffed avocado, muscles, and seafood wontons. Seafood wontons were very good, everything else was truly fabulous. Favorites were the muscles and scallops which both had wonderful preparations. Highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Evening of ShoutingMattDined on 9/20/2014The food, ambience, and service were wonderful (especially our waiter Rob) and made our anniversary amazing. However, it was WAY too loud. I found myself almost yelling for my partner to hear me. It was also a touch on the dark side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food. Very busy and noisy. Service is quite goodSpecial Features:
- Good, but very loud and crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food but too many tables for the available space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina is a Gem!Tones801Dined on 9/20/2014Never been and took my girl out on a whim, as they had good reviews and plethora of veggie and vegan selections! Our waiter Rob was outstanding! Friendly without being overbearing and extremely knowledgeable. We were waited by no less than 5 people as well as a lovely visit from the Matriarch of the family. The flavors of the food were surprising, new, delicious and fresh. We will be going back to Andina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.