1314 NW Glisan
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5032289535x4
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus with a Peruvian flair are available for offsite catering.
- Entertainment: Features live music with a Latin flavor every night in the bar. The music schedule can be viewed online at www.andinarestaurant.com.
A word from Andina
Andina draws inspiration from the native culinary traditions of Peru, as well as from the contemporary cooking by some of Peru’s leading chefs. Owner Doris Rodriguez de Platt, collaborates with Andina’s kitchen team to develop a menu that celebrates her family’s Andean roots, interweaving the ideas and techniques of both Criollo and Novo-Andean cuisines. The kitchen sources native and local ingredients to create dishes at once traditionally rooted and personally inspired. Founded in 2003, Andina emerged as one of the region’s leading Peruvian restaurants and continues to generate wide appeal within the food communities in and around Portland, and much further afield.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Andina - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Andina reviews from OpenTable diners
498 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (363)special occasion (309)hot spot (184)neighborhood gem (164)good for groups (142)romantic (135)vibrant bar scene (101)notable wine list (93)great for lunch (67)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (22)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- MargaretVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fantastic restaurant - very interesting and delicious food. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Not sure what the fuss is aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Perhaps it is because we are from out of town (NYC) or perhaps we just lucked out with our other dining choices in the area, but this was a distant 4 out of 4 of the dinners we had in Portland despite being our 2nd most expensive meal. To be fair, we probably would have spent more if our waiter wasn't in such a hurry for us to leave (service was extremely rushed, and we got the sense that he was doing us a favor by giving us his 5 minutes of time). The food was delicious and classics were perfectly executed but we can't understand why this is such a popular place as there are many, many better options in town.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food service was simply too slow to overlook. 3 people with salad and entrée only. The entire dinner took over 3.5 hours. Everything elese was excellent but the wait for wine, salad and entrée were too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our second time and the second was no better than the first dining experience. There is nothing special about the food and I have concluded that it is highly rated because it is a different cuisine than is normally seen in the area.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Andina is hard to get in if you don't plan in advance but it is well worth the wait. We don't live in Portland but when we visit we try to include a meal at Andina. We are vegetarians and they always have very tasty vegie choices. The flavors are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time, Still Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We chose Andina to celebrate our anniversary and what a right choice this was! The food is creative & flavorful, the signature drink was out of this world. We received our desserts as a gift from the restaurant with a beautiful note in liquid chocolate to celebrate our anniversary, truly a surprise and so delicious. Many restaurants will comp a pre-determined dessert for an event, but Andina gifted us our choice, so generous. The owner stopped by our table and was so genuine and took a moment to bless our anniversary, she is a true gem. We will always choose Andina as one of our dining spots when visiting Portland.Special Features:
- Food and service great!footladyDined on 8/28/2014Our waiters eyes lit up when explaining the menu. The selection and interesting foods were a foodies dream. However sitting a women in direct line of the men's washroom and a table that had a very busy, very narrow aisle way, with a loud group of cursing men made our experience less than desirable. Too bad. We won't be back or recommend it to anyone else especially when we made reservations several weeks prior. It seemed that they were oblivious to the tables obvious challenges.Special Features:
- So disappointed!Bite2eatDined on 8/28/2014Took our daughter and son-in-law here for a special occasion to celebrate and were so disappointed! Both my daughter and my fish dishes were raw in the center. The waiter was extremely apologetic and sweet and offered to have them redone,saying it would only take 5 minutes. We waited 20 min to get our second meals, in fact the bus people cleaned up the two men's dishes and tried to pick up our silverware and we had to explain we hadn't gotten our meals yet. Nice that we were given a one bite appetizer to eat while the men were eating and some ice cream later but the whole celebration dinner was ruined having to eat in two shifts!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Food and drinks were excellent. The service, once we were seated, was great. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food preparation questions we had. Interesting flavors thoroughout the meal. And the pisco sours were to die for.Special Features:
- noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We were put in a corner table at the end of the room. At first, I was going to ask that they move us as it was a VERY SMALL table and I am 6'10. Also being a tucked away table sometimes they take a beating in the service area. That did't happen here, service was suberb with the exception of forgotten cream and sugar which was quickly remedied. The back corner spot was also far less noisy. We could at least carry on a conversation although one of the parties near us was extremely loud. Had we been "out in the open" there would have been no way we could have heard each other without shouting.Special Features:
- froglcmVIPDined on 8/26/2014I felt like there's a lot of hype around this restaurant and the food was just average. Cocktails were delicious and atmosphere was fun and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was good but not outstanding, I will go back again but only on a special occasion. Thought the service was fantastic except for the long wait time for our main course to come out. took about 1 hour for our food to arrive at our table after ordering, maybe even longer.Special Features:
- DelectableBob2014Dined on 8/26/2014Repeat customers from Seattle. My only recommendation is to reserve *way* ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table Next to Restroom -- TWICEPortlandFoodieDined on 8/26/2014This is our second time there. Both were special occasions for us. Unfortunately, on both occasions, we were seated (table for 2) right next to the men's restroom -- even though BOTH of my Open Table reservations explicitly asked not to be seated near a toilet. This time we asked to move tables. Let's face it: it's impossible to celebrate an anniversary or share a romantic meal when men are constantly heading in/out of the john! I've traveled extensively throughout Latin America and lived there for 5 years. The food at Andina is authentic & wonderful, esp the tapas but we won't be back.Special Features:
- Kaeli19Dined on 8/25/2014We loved this restaurant. This was by far our best meal and liveliest spot of our vacation to Portland. I can't recommend more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsGrahamDined on 8/25/2014Especially love the ceviche! Street car accessible. Peruvian food at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina - one of PDX's top choicesbReasonableDined on 8/24/2014Very good food, nicely presented. We chose about 4 small plates, 2 mediums for 2 of us and were pleased with all . None totally wow'd us but none were less than very good either (we're much pickier than most . . . so prepare to be wowed). Service was excellent . . . many waiters bringing many dishes from multiple directions. You do have to catch-and-ask if you have questions; but, when you do, the answers are knowledgeable and thorough. My only negative is that it was WAY too loud. All surfaces, ceiling, walls, floors, are hardwood and the voices just reverberate into a loud din. Loud enough I may take ear plugs next time. My cocktail that had a ginger sugar fused on th glass - not granular - smooth and wonderful addition.Special Features:
- Unique and WonderfulDudeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Nuveau takes on Andean cuisine. Great recipes, wonderful ingredients. Service was a great team effort. Drinks are good, wine list is very good. A gem for sure.Special Features:
- Feeling spoiledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014I know this restaurant is very busy and popular, which absolutely deserves to be. When I needed to make a reservation change, I felt very accommodated. I expected to have to cancel for making such a last minute change on a Saturday evening. Instead, management made an exceptional adjustment that worked for my party perfectly. I've taken all my visiting friends and family here. I was even proposed to here. It's my top restaurant in Portland for quality, unique food, amazing ambiance, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great Peruvian DishesStanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We tried a number of small plates and shared a couple entree's. All were well prepared, nicely presented and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland bestwantgoodfoodDined on 8/22/2014Unbelievably great food. One of the best anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!FancyDined on 8/22/2014We really enjoyed the evening overall - the food and service were great, plus the atmosphere vibrant. I will definitely go back the next time in Portland.Special Features:
- loveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I would recommend this restaurant, the food was great and my server was amazing very knowlageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland GemChrisDined on 8/21/2014Best restaurant in Portland hands down. Great food choices that are always served to perfection. Impeccable service and great atmosphere. Looking forward to our return trip.Special Features:
- Never disappointstl2014Dined on 8/21/2014I only get to Portland once a year on business - Andina has become a tradition for me, my co-workers and key customers. The food ingredients are familiar but the preparation and presentation are unique and wonderfully delicious. We order plates for sharing and have never been disappointed. On this visit, it took a while for our large group to get our cocktail order placed. But, the wait staff was henceforth very attentive and helped make informed decisions from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We had a great time at Andina. This is our third visit. The first was a great evening squeezed into the bar having excellent Peruvian beer, and small plates. The second was a group downstairs in the special room. This time it was just the two of us. Our waiter was excellent, and the food never fails to amaze.Special Features:
- The food is delightful...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014The food was undoubtedly amazing, however the rest of the experience was nothing better than average. Our server seemed to forget about us a couple times, granted it was ridiculously busy, but still, a prompt drink order is a necessity I think. It also seemed like the walls just bounced sound off them and right back to you... It was difficult to hold a conversation across the table. Otherwise, beautiful restaurant, beautifully created food, and the lamb was one of the best I have tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of Peru!!AngelakfDined on 8/18/2014A great evening in a vibrant and hip restaurant. Make sure you reserve as this is a popular spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food GoddessSatisfiedDined on 8/18/2014Our server and the "gate keeper" DG were amazing! Service was superb on both the bar and the restaurant. Lamb dish was outstanding. One of our Portland highlights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restrauntTNKalwaysDined on 8/18/2014We came here for our 2nd anniversary. I found it online, yelp I think, it had good reviews and I can see why. Everything that came to our table was amazing and distinct in its own flavor. The waiter David was so attentive and super smart. He was a rock star waiter. One of the owners came by to say hi and give a history on the purple corn drink. Which by the way if you eat there get the purple corn drink! Menu doesn't do it justice. The filet migon was fantastic! I can't think of one bad thing to comment on. I pray we can get a babysitter so we can go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndinaTravelfoodieDined on 8/18/2014Excellent service. We were new to the restaurant and the type of cuisine served. Our waiter patiently answered our questions and provided excellent suggestions. Everything we ordered was delicious!Special Features:
- Gut FriendlyGutFriendlyDined on 8/17/2014The waitress was unbelievably understanding of my current required food limitations. She really went above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food combinations - delicioussrellimDined on 8/17/2014Beginning with beguiling cocktail choices, followed by small plates and then entrees, the offerings were beautiful as well as delicious. Would definitely recommend this as a 'must-do' when visiting Portland.Special Features:
- Excellent As AlwaysLetsGoEatDined on 8/17/2014This was my third visit. It has been exceptional every time. The manager and staff make an effort to ensure we're having the best experience possible. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great lunch spotacadyDined on 8/17/2014Had a wonderful lunch here. Very eclectic menu and food was very good.Special Features:
- Gourmet foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant was a bit too noisy and frenetic for me but it was Saturday night. However the food is to die for, the cebiches wonderful (we shared a medium Mixto Chorillano) and followed with Conches del Senor de Sipan - the best scallops we have ever eaten. We would definitely eat mthere again on another visit to PortlandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decor and service.jjs7Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I randomly ate here at noon on a Saturday. We have no complaints. The food was fresh and amazing with great flavors, the staff was super friendly and their complimentary bread with Peruvian sauces are to die for. The plates are a bit small, it's kind of tapas style and the price is a bit high but the ingredients and flavors make up for it. We had the empanadas, conchas a la parrilla and classic cebiche. All great. Their cocktails are delicious too. We had the sangria and a margarita and they were both perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The sashimi special may have been the best ever. The lime/ginger gelato outstanding. Staff spectacular. Owner visited our table; very genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tapasheclexVIPDined on 8/15/2014no need to order a big entree if you share several tapas as we did: cebiche, tuna, octopus, beef tartar ; and don't miss the desserts (flan or ice cream)I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Portland MustItsmeerlDined on 8/14/2014Every time we come to Portland it's a mandatory stop for us. We usually share three of the appetizers and one of the entries. Food is great and it's an amazing restaurant.Special Features: