1314 NW Glisan
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (503) 228-9535 ext. 4
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus with a Peruvian flair are available for offsite catering.
- Entertainment: Features live music with a Latin flavor every night in the bar. The music schedule can be viewed online at www.andinarestaurant.com.
A word from Andina
Andina draws inspiration from the native culinary traditions of Peru, as well as from the contemporary cooking by some of Peru’s leading chefs. Owner Doris Rodriguez de Platt, collaborates with Andina’s kitchen team to develop a menu that celebrates her family’s Andean roots, interweaving the ideas and techniques of both Criollo and Novo-Andean cuisines. The kitchen sources native and local ingredients to create dishes at once traditionally rooted and personally inspired. Founded in 2003, Andina emerged as one of the region’s leading Peruvian restaurants and continues to generate wide appeal within the food communities in and around Portland, and much further afield.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Andina - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Andina reviews from OpenTable diners
474 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (379)special occasion (290)hot spot (191)neighborhood gem (161)good for groups (155)romantic (141)vibrant bar scene (113)notable wine list (105)great for lunch (63)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Yum.skate210Dined on 11/19/2014Food was to die for. Loved the authentic cebiche. We each ordered a different dish and shared bites. The flavors were delicious and complex. Enjoyed a wonderful Malbec recommended by our server. Will look forward to a second visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but disappointing service.Anubis2000Dined on 11/19/2014The food at Andina's is consistently excellent. However, our most recent meal there will be our last. My wife's order of scallops was delivered cold and the potatoes accompanying my filet mignon were somewhere between lukewarm and cold. Yes, my wife's plate of scallops were redone. However, by the time they brought her new plate to our table, I was two-thirds the way through my plate, which was left at our table while her plate was redone. The point of dining out as a couple is to dine together, not separately, as was the case in our recent dining experience at Andina's. I have no problem with the pricing at Andina's. However, when such a mistake as described above is made, a restaurant should offer something complimentary (e.g. a drink or dessert) in recognition of the mistake and our ruined dining experience. No such offer or effort was made. Andina's will likely never have a problem filling their tables, however, based on our recent experience, it is not a restaurant that we will dine at again.
- Lived up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Really enjoyed our first experience w/ Peruvian cuisine at Andia. Staff is very accommodating (we had an infant dining w/ us) and lovely! Amazing food that you can tell has been prepared w/ fresh ingredients. Would love to visit again next time we are in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Amazing food, great service and perfect ambiance. We had the ceviche, beef tartare, beef emapanadas and grilled octopus. Everything was PERFECT. We finished off with the triple creme brulee and cappuccino. Honestly, there was nothing I could have changed to make it a better experience. Our server, Robert (and all the other employees) were attentive and friendly even with the busyness of the restaurant. If I am ever in Portland again, Andina is a must-go for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- T.MarieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2014The entire experience was wonderful, except for the noise level. There were 4 of us in a booth by the window and we could not hear across our own table. Otherwise everything was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant w/great food and service.FlashDined on 11/11/2014I enjoyed the variety of international menu choices with unusual offerings. Relaxed comfortable environment and great service. Its unusual to find such a pearl of a restaurant that has unique dishes. Its at the top of my list when I return to Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldschoolswtOldschoolswtDined on 11/10/2014We loved everything about this place! Food was great.Nice salsas on the table. Tapas were great to try several items-all delicious! Entrees were well sized & delicious too. Best meal we had in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MzconductDined on 11/9/2014Very nice dining experience. Excellent vegan smoked mushroom dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014We were a party of five with a small child. Hats off to Andina for treating the child as a valued guest and not an annoyance. We ordered only tapas because we all wanted to share. The food was mostly pretty good, and the service staff did a great job clearing clutter from the table. Their wine list needs some serious help, so we brought our own, and they had no problem with that. Only small quibble was that the food came out sans serving utensils. We were there for over three hours and were well fed and well taken care of.Special Features:
- Top ChoiceGeraldDined on 11/8/2014Andina had all aspects of the intalian menu prepared masterfully. Bring a sweater.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner this evening!Scan17Dined on 11/8/2014Our evening meal at Andina was truly outstanding this weekend. Both my guest & I remarked about the exceptional flavor of the meal. We ordered a variety of tapas which were sumptuous! I had the Lomo Saltado entree which is a wok-fried dish of beef tenders with onions, tomatoes, oyster sauce, and garlic served with Yukon Gold papas fritas & garlic rice. It was exceptional! Prices were also very reasonable. As a young man I traveled frequently to Lima Peru and I found the food at Andina to bring back many wonderful Peruvian culinary memories for me. It's been years since I had the classic Peruvian cocktail Pisco Sour and it too was outstanding! I would highly recommend Andina to those seeking a memorable & delicious dinning experience!Special Features:
- Been betterChrisGDined on 11/7/2014Typically we've been to Andina for group events. For those events, the service has always seemed top notch and the food exquisite. This visit, with friends - the service was fine and the food was fair. Just not as impressed with this visit as we have been in past visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014wonderful, wonderful food. Very cool restaurant on different levels.Special Features:
- Outstanding in Every WayMistyPDXDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter had a wonderful personality and was very friendly and attentive. He was one of the nicest waiters we've ever had. The last time we ate at Andina we had exceptional service, too. Our out of town guest was very impressed as were we. The food, as always, was wonderfully flavorful. We have eaten at Andina several times and have been wowed every time.Special Features:
- Wow!GabyDined on 11/7/2014Amazing dining experience! The interior is elegant and very inviting. Service was top notch! The hostess was super friendly and inviting. Since we got there 15 minutes before sitting time, she asked us if we wanted some cocktails while we waited. I had a glass of bubbly and my husband a glass of their white sangria - both delish! Our server was knowledgable about both food and wine! The food was amazing (I had Arroz con Pato - a MUST!) At the end, they also gave us a complimentary dessert (it was our honeymoon trip). We will definitely go back when we return to Potland next year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014We got there at 6:40 pm and they were already in the weeds. Cerviche was not really cerviche. It was prepped too early and "overcooked". We can make better. However, the empanada was great and so was the octopus. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina is amazingCherylVIPDined on 11/6/2014The variety of flavors, and meat, vegetarian options was unique, and beautifully plated. Everyone was extremely happy with the dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious as Always!BonniePVIPDined on 11/6/2014It's a real treat to eat at Andina. The food is amazing and it's so different from my own home cooking! Love it especially for lunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Wonderful FoodGeopDined on 11/5/2014Suggested Andina to my boss and our team of 7. Had a great, round table that seat us comfortably and we could all see and talk with each other. The service was a little slow to start, but picked up. We did 12 tapas for our group and we all loved them. Ceviche and steak were my favorites. Nothing we ordered wasn't fabulous and servers were right there with the next plate and removing the old. To top off a great meal, I suggest the crème brule - three different flavors in one order. Can't go wrong at Andina!Special Features:
- Great service!JessandMattDined on 11/2/2014Thank you Steve! You really made our experience at Andina wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndinaPDXEaterDined on 11/2/2014Went for an anniversary dinner with parents and two young kids (5 & 7). Food, service, ambiance was great. I was nervous that kids wouldn't have a lot to eat, but because of the wide range of items (tapas and entrees there were plenty of options for the kids to eat. I would definitely go back and recommend Andina to anyone.Special Features:
- I wanted to really enjoy itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The food was amazing. But the late seating with slooooow service was a huge disappointment. By the time our main dish came, we took a few bites and had to box up the rest to go. It will be sure not to be hungry or expect great service next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy restaurantmarinDined on 11/1/2014We were there Saturday night, it's full house very busy restaurant. I and my husband visited from LA, choose Andina. Food was good. We ate a lot, price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndinaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014the food and service was outstanding. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great food, loud, crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014It is definitely a hot spot, but I could tell most of the customers were not regulars. Rather, it is a great place for a special occasion apparently.....birthdays? I saw 5 people in the hour and a half I was there, that were given candle lit cakes/pies. Got a gf? Take her here for her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Tapas in a vibrant atmosphereKateDined on 10/27/2014It was our last night in Portland so we wanted to eat somewhere special. My fiance is vegan, so the fact that they had both an omnivore and a vegan/vegetarian menu were very appealing to us. He ordered a small plate and then the mushroom entree, whereas I ordered 4 small plates for my dinner. Everything, whether it was seafood, mushrooms, empanadas, potatoes, etc, was delicious. It was pretty noisy inside, but seemed to quiet down once it got closer to 8 or 9pm. My cocktail was also delicious. I would definitely come back here and recommend others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphere/food/service!!!!Shadow1031Dined on 10/27/2014We're came in for my wife and my wedding anniversary. We had a small, kind of in the way table, but were pleased none the less. The staff was very knowledgeable about the food, pleasant, and cheerful. My wife had the braised lamb shank and it was phenomenal. My mahi mahi was perfectly cooked and I was very happy. The desert list was unique as well as delicious. A bit pricey, but a great place for special occasions for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian mmmmmDineDaughter14Dined on 10/27/2014I love the authentic food here. From homemade chili dipping sauces for the quinoa bread to glazed lamb chops, everything was full of mouth watering flavor.Special Features:
- ExcellentLove2dineDined on 10/26/2014Very good servers, and amazing food my server was knoedgable of the menue and made great suggestions i would love to attend again the next time im visiting the city. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat OffenderieattoomuchDined on 10/25/2014This was not our first nor our last trip to Andina. They never disappoint. Outstanding menu and food beautifully executed. Perhaps the best ceviche we've ever had...order it every time.Special Features:
- OutstandingSatisfiedDined on 10/25/2014Six of us had a wonderful meal and discovered how tasty Yucca could be. Who knew? Each of us commented on how delicious the food was. And one announced that she wanted to have her birthday meal at Andina's next year. I had the chicken that came with two differently prepared dishes of sweet potatoes - delish. My partner had prawns - equally great. We all shared a dessert - a chocolate sort of torte that was sublime and since it was my birthday, the restaurant said it was on the house. The ambience is lovely and the only drawback is that the noise level can make it difficult to hear at times. Recommend this restaurant highly but you must make a reservation well in advance. Each time I 've been here it 's been full.Special Features:
- Really special!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Absolutely wonderful! I cannot have gluten or dairy. Many of their menu items suited my restrictions, and what didn't, they went out of their way to modify.Special Features:
- Yum!luveroffoooooodDined on 10/25/2014Andina was a great place for food. There was such an array of different flavors and each one of them was tantalizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina ReviewdishDined on 10/23/2014Busy, busy, busy place. Very loud inside. The food was mixed. Salt cured tuna dish not a winner. WAY to fishy. Cold potato dish with chicken inside was tasty. Service was slow as the place was packed. Good bread with 2 different dips.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great service, perfect ambianceChelseanDined on 10/22/2014I love LOVE Andina. I moved away from Portland 5 years ago and still make it a point to celebrate my special occasions by dining at Andina when I'm in town. Despite the length of time between when I'm able to make my visits, the food and service have consistently remained mind-blowing. This most recent visit was for my birthday and I brought three foodies with me who were thoroughly impressed. Well done, Andina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicegood2knowDined on 10/22/2014This was our first time at Andina's. Our waiter was wonderful and very knowledgable. The food was excellent - great taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBigBabyGoddlyDined on 10/22/2014While pricey Andina is worth the scratch... The food is incredible and the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Lisa123Dined on 10/21/2014Unique tasting food combined with unusual offerings make Andina a truly special place. The sommelier was very knowledgable and our waiter made great suggestions. During my next trip to Portland I will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Lunch at AndinaCarolineykDined on 10/21/2014I had not been here for lunch before - only dinner. Pleased to see my favorite lamb dish on the lunch menu. I had a friend with me who had never been to Andina before. We ordered the same dish to find hers a little spicier than mine. Unfortunately the passionfruit mousse cannoli were not on the lunch menu. I understand they are quite a project. We split another dessert though - and were not disappointed. Couldn't go wrong with the Pisco Sour either. I'd come here just for the passionfruit salsa and bread at the start. Love Andina.Special Features:
- Andina ... fantasticwetsalsaDined on 10/20/2014Wonderful evening again for our daughter's 18th birthday! Our favorite restaurant in PortlandSpecial Features: