1314 NW Glisan
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5032289535x4
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus with a Peruvian flair are available for offsite catering.
- Entertainment: Features live music with a Latin flavor every night in the bar. The music schedule can be viewed online at www.andinarestaurant.com.
A word from Andina
Andina draws inspiration from the native culinary traditions of Peru, as well as from the contemporary cooking by some of Peru’s leading chefs. Owner Doris Rodriguez de Platt, collaborates with Andina’s kitchen team to develop a menu that celebrates her family’s Andean roots, interweaving the ideas and techniques of both Criollo and Novo-Andean cuisines. The kitchen sources native and local ingredients to create dishes at once traditionally rooted and personally inspired. Founded in 2003, Andina emerged as one of the region’s leading Peruvian restaurants and continues to generate wide appeal within the food communities in and around Portland, and much further afield.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Andina - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Andina reviews from OpenTable diners
512 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (390)special occasion (309)hot spot (206)neighborhood gem (160)good for groups (139)romantic (133)vibrant bar scene (112)notable wine list (96)great for lunch (59)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (19)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great interesting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014Restaurant was overbooked. Arrived 15 minutes early. Bar was too full to get a place standing or sitting. Came back on time. Table not available until 20 minutes later. Bar still full. After a bad start the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I will definitely be doing back. The passion fruit salad dressing on their green salad wa amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014As usual it was excellent! We always enjoy going to Andina and the servers are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The food was great and would go again! Next time I would ask for downstairs for possibly a quieter dining experience and if not there, I would ask for a booth. Our server was sweet and informed and great also!!! The only reason I gave less stars was because it was noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayAmfpDined on 9/27/2014Appetizers disappointing to all in party. Entrees quite good. Good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This was an incredible place to dine for my birthday! Very knowledgeable servers on both the food and the libations, incredible food and flavors and a great ambiance. They really have an amazing vegan menu and they even went out of their way to provide an interesting vegan dessert. I will be coming back for many special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!avocadoyumDined on 9/24/2014My husband had eaten here 4 months ago. He raved about the food, and was eager to take me. We researched the menu so we wouldn't miss any outstanding dishes, and we also asked our waitress for advice. We shared 6 small tapas dishes including the much-touted octopus kebab and the marinated beef hearts. We were both very disappointed: the flavors were bland and unmemorable, except for the three sauces that are brought to each table to be used as desired. The beef hearts were tough and tasted like liver, the octopus was overcooked and not as fresh-tasting as I've had elsewhere. The vegetable soup of the day was boring. We also had a causa - a potato terrine - but the yellow aji sauce seemed absent. What a comedown! I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- five star service and food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014One of the best dining experiences on our trip to Oregon. Highly recommended on any return trip to Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors are memorable!!GoodDined on 9/21/2014Had fabulous dinner at Andina. Four of us ate their recently and it was a 5 star experience from start to finish. We made a reservation since it is a very popular place and were promptly seated in their very attractive space. Our waiter was very informative and helpful and made all great suggestions. We had 5 tappas dishes to share; grilled scallops, crab stuffed avocado, muscles, and seafood wontons. Seafood wontons were very good, everything else was truly fabulous. Favorites were the muscles and scallops which both had wonderful preparations. Highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Evening of ShoutingMattDined on 9/20/2014The food, ambience, and service were wonderful (especially our waiter Rob) and made our anniversary amazing. However, it was WAY too loud. I found myself almost yelling for my partner to hear me. It was also a touch on the dark side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food. Very busy and noisy. Service is quite goodSpecial Features:
- Good, but very loud and crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food but too many tables for the available space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina is a Gem!Tones801Dined on 9/20/2014Never been and took my girl out on a whim, as they had good reviews and plethora of veggie and vegan selections! Our waiter Rob was outstanding! Friendly without being overbearing and extremely knowledgeable. We were waited by no less than 5 people as well as a lovely visit from the Matriarch of the family. The flavors of the food were surprising, new, delicious and fresh. We will be going back to Andina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back-to-Back Nights at AndinaperceythecatDined on 9/19/2014We had OpenTable reservations for Friday night and were promptly seated exactly as requested, in the bar so we could be near the live music - which was sensational. As with each and every visit to Andina, the food, drinks, and service were spot-on. We had such a good time, tried to bring some friends by the next night after a party. Alas, the wait without reservations was in the 45-minute range. Boo!!! The hostess suggested we pop around the corner to Paragon, which we did and enjoyed - but it's no Andina. Sent our friends home in a cab, then scooted in at the slightly later hour and got right into the bar that time. Enjoyed more live music and a night-cap. Ahhhh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!GigsyandLJDined on 9/18/2014We were celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary. It was made special with decorated plates ... And a complimentary dessert that was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EEO1Dined on 9/17/2014Usually our favorite restaurant, but I was disappointed in the fresh fish, very dry and over cooked. Tables very close, bumped by servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 9/16/2014This was our first time here as we were viisting Portland. Ordered a great Oregon Pinot Noir that was not too pricey. For appetizers, we ordered the red/golden beets with marinated cukes and the quinoa & avocado salad w/black olives. Both were wonderful. For entrees my hubbie ordered the scallopts (Oregon ones) and I get some local fish called Mondrano(?) served in a beef broth w/scallions, mushrooms and quinoa. Really delicious and a different fish than I have had in the past. For dessert we share a chocolate peanut mousse. Service is really good but very crowded and noisy - this place seems to be the happening place in the Pearl District! I highly recommend it. We had a window table so we could watch the street action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina never failsTigermama96VIPDined on 9/16/2014This place has such a hip, energetic vibe! The food and drink menus have something for everyone!! The service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysBaseballdocDined on 9/16/2014Great drinks, great menu, great experience. Nice mixture of traditional Peruvian and progressive dishes. Really nice flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserves its great ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience here. Two of our guests had to cancel at the last minute, and two of our guests were stuck in traffic and arrived late. They were very accommodating and didn't hurry us. Unique and delicious food too!Special Features:
- Food wasn't as exciting as hopedbaobeiDined on 9/15/2014We tried several dishes and I wasn't blown away. It's pretty pricey, so I expected to be. There was one appetizer that was very nice.Special Features:
- Outstanding Experience!JoseDined on 9/14/2014We had dinner last sunday , It was impressive! food, people, staff, music, just beautiful and warm! Sean, our server was SUPER attentive and knew his food, drinks, and suggestions. We were impressed by all the amount of people dinning and serving; it felt like a celebration all over the place. Being from Peru, I am proud of this beautiful restaurant that serves the taste of Peru. Sean: Thanks a lot for all the attention to detail during our visit. Pd. We ordered The LUCUMA ice cream , but it tasted more like a combination of caramel and lucuma, it was great but there is nothing like a 100% creamy lucuma ice cream. Good excuse to visit you guys soon! THANKS A LOT ! Jose - Todd - Wayne -Danny www.lonesomeville.comSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The Food here was great, but it's not really a good place to go if you want to have a conversation. The tables are so close together that you feel like you're sitting with strangers. The service is also really, really good. I'm not sure how the servers negotiate the space, but they do. They are fast, courteous, and very attentive to the needs of their guests. Thank you for a great evening, Andina!Special Features:
- Peruvian Tapas?! Yes Please!volleyballbettyDined on 9/13/2014Andina is a happening place! We had a 5:30 reservation for dinner because that was all that was available 2 weeks out for a Saturday night, but the place was packed and lively even then! Ended up sitting at the bar and had the most amazing Octopus with chimichurri sauce - divine! Drinks were strong, bartended was friendly and helpful, and really enjoyed our evening there. The happy hour is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Peruvian Portlandfood42Dined on 9/12/2014We dined at Andina for lunch and it was fabulous. The best Mojito I have ever had and our entrees were full of flavor. My wife had a mushroom dish that was delicious and the service was great. We had never eaten Peruvian food and found it to be so good.
- lunchDarlaVIPDined on 9/11/2014The yucca fries instead of bread was a nice treat. the portions were good, a little heavy on the salt for the entrees but the flavors were excellent. The Pisco Sour was very good.Special Features:
- Top of its classMrfearlessVIPDined on 9/10/2014Another outstanding meal. Menu always changing but some meals impress every time. Specials are creative and made with fresh ingredients sourced locally. The fish is always seasonal and prepared in inventively clever and tasty ways. Bar does great job with standard cocktails, but has premium specials that are worth the trip alone. Pisco sours are not found everywhere, but are house specials at this pan-Latin, Peruvian-themed restaurant. Try it, you'll love all of the taste sensations. Modestly high noise levels, but not uncommon for trendy restaurants in the Pearl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but LoudcopyjerkDined on 9/10/2014The food was absolutely phenomenal, I just wish we would've been seated somewhere other than the middle of the room (very loud, no walls to block sound). If you're a party of two, you're apparently a target for the waiters to seat you in such a place, smack-dab next to ANOTHER couple. Yeah, it's not like I'm bringing a date and want just a little privacy... 10 stars for the food, though! Ask for a booth (wish I had)!Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Really enjoyed everything Shared a lot if different dishes and all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food and serviceOhiotravelersDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. We ordered several tapas and all were excellent. The chef sent out an additional lamb skewer we had not ordered. We ordered a dessert to share and were surprised when we saw they had written Happy Anniversary in chocolate syrup on the plate and did not charge us for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th at AndinaTommyTDined on 9/10/2014I could have celebrated my 60th anywhere in Portland but I chose Andina. Our table for 8 in the bar was reserved for us and I had pre-ordered the menu for the evening earlier in the week. The group enjoyed cocktails until the food just started coming and we all just cruised along together enjoying the excellent service and fine presentation of all the dishes. Our 3 hours together was like a smorgasbord of Peruvian Cuisine. My 60th dinner party couldn't have gone any better! THANKS Andina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go DownstairsJackDined on 9/8/2014Andina's is always great been dining there since 2002. Only complaint we have ever have is it can become a bit "energetic". This week we had the bottom table next to the men's room. A little discussion with the hostess and we discovered that they have a downstairs which is often less crowded. Even after 10 years of patronage we never new about this. We gladly went to the "Garden Court" and it was great. Intimate, quiet and just what we were looking for. If you like this kind of ambiance, ask for downstairs seating. Not always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andina sparklesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2014Interesting food beautifully prepared. Four tapas between two of us was plenty. Staff very knowledgeable and efficient. Huge space but still felt intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary indeed...HungryGuyDined on 9/8/2014I went with my girlfriend for our first anniversary after a significant amount of research into restaurants in Portland. Andina shone in every list of reviews and recommendations I read and my local friend said it was excellent, so I walked in with high expectations. My expectations were more than met: Service was attentive and fluent in Spanish (I prefer ordering in Spanish when I can; it makes it feel more authentic) The restaurant was attractive and well-maintained. The food! We had six small plates and every single one of them was perfectly prepared, well-balanced, and interesting. Also, when the desserts came they had "Feliz Aniversario" written on the plate in chocolate. The desserts themselves were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerLove2travelDined on 9/8/2014After two days of international dishes from the renowned food trucks in Portland, this was our first relaxing sit down dinner during our 4-day visit to Portland. We love to try different dishes so the tapas were perfect for us. It began with the special wild salmon sushi, followed by scrumptious crab avocado, scallops with carmellized onions, green mango cebiche, and topped off with the 3-pot creme brûlée dessert. What a fantastic meal! It's no wonder the whole restaurant was filled with happy and satiated diners! The waitstaff were all very personable, friendly and professional, especially our initial personal waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionNicoleDined on 9/7/2014The quality is well worth the price. Everything we ordered was thoughtfully put together and extremely tasty. We particularly enjoyed the oysters, and the range of small to large plate offerings. It was easier to judge portions and enjoy the complex dishes without leaving feeling overly full or still hungry. It was also nice to be out among adults, in a childfree but lively space. This was our second visit and we will definitely return!Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/7/2014First time in a Peruvian restaurant. The waiter was so nice, smiling and friendly but then somehow we waited for our food for approx 40 min. The people who arrived after us were eating way before us. Not a good start. What we ordered was good, I saw at the end that I missed out on yucca fries(bummer!) wish I knew.. The quinoa chocolate dessert was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I would have liked to try everything on the menu. Make sure you make a reservation early in the week.Special Features:
- Yum!PortlandNewbieDined on 9/4/2014Lots of unique dishes, enjoyed reading the description for each menu item. Small plates is the way to go so you can try several items.Special Features:
- Good but not quite up to the hype.evavitaDined on 9/3/2014in a city with so many great restaurants, Andina gets a lot of hype. Dined here the other night with some friends and we had a mixed experience. The cocktails were great (fantastic pisco sour, mohitos) and loved the appetizers (ceviche, fantastic empanadas). We were looking for a pinot noir from the northwest and were recommended a bottle after some discussion with us - we found it thin and not very pleasant at all. To be fair, she did exchange it for us after we all agreed it was unpleasant (at $70 a bottle). Her next recommendation was terrific and we really enjoyed the wine. The main courses were where we felt a little disappointed. Place was SUPER busy with a couple of small babies nearby-bill was close to $400. Spendy place for PDXSpecial Features: