Andies Restaurant - Andersonville
5253 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Andies Restaurant - Andersonville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.andieschicago.com/
- Phone: 7737848616
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 11:00am till 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Andies Restaurant - Andersonville
Andies is a family friendly restaurant. We cook our food with maximum freshness and flavor before it reaches your table. Our servers are hand picked, they are very detailed, attentive and friendly. Bottom line it is all about pleasing you and your loved ones.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andies Restaurant - Andersonville reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always ReliablealetheaDined on 9/4/2014I've been eating at Andies in Andersonville for about 12 years, and it is a place I go to when I want to be sure the service will be exceptional and the food will be consistently great. I only wish I lived closer -- I'd be there at least once a week!Special Features:
- Reservation Not Honoredkjc0906Dined on 6/15/2014I made a reservation through Open Table for Andies on Father's Day. I made the reservation plenty of time in advance, and it was accepted. I received the confirmation email, so I thought we were ready to go. When my party and I showed up at our reservation time, we were told the restaurant was not open yet and would not be for 45 minutes. When I explained that we had a reservation, the server said he did not think, maybe, they were still using Open Table...but he was not sure. There was no apology and no offer to try to make it right for our party. We ended up going elsewhere.
- The following 29 reviews are from the Andies Restaurant - Andersonville reviews archive.
- Best hummus everSandynTheoVIPDined on 5/16/2014We went to Andies for dinner on a Friday night. When we sat down, our server immediately stopped by. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. As we were looking over the menu, she recommended that we try their hummus. She said it was the best! We ordered it and we were not disappointed. My husband had the Moroccan Chicken B'Stilla and I had short ribs. The chicken dish was superb and will definitely be a favorite going forward. The short ribs were good, but not great. Not quite the tenderness I would expect from a slow-cooked short rib. The one downside is the restaurant ambience. The room is quite large and you feel a bit like you are at a banquet room. Next time we will ask for a table by the window. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeatedly greatCherVIPDined on 2/14/2014Never disappointed with the food, atmosphere is great, and the owners' children that run the restaurant are welcoming and attentive. Wedding cake mojito´s are delicious and I can never leave without a piece of baklava. My husband has been dining at Andie's for over 20 years, can't get enough!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014Our waiter Calvin was funny while being professional. He was knowledgable and quick with our orders. The bacon wrapped dates were great! Highly recommend them. I really enjoyed my steak and Kefta kabobs. The steak was cooked perfectly and there was good seasoning in the kefta. I had the couscous with them and I thought it was soso, next time I'll order one of the rices as my side. One of my friends ordered the dill rice and she liked it a lot. We also tried the seasonal glog and it was very good, not too strong, just the right amount of everything. The atmosphere was comfortable and I was happy that the restaurant wasn't very noisy. Great neighborhood spot. The menu is huge, I will definitely go back to try more things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was the bombMikeDined on 1/18/2014Had an 8 o'clock reservation and was seated immediately. Our server was excellent and the food was to die for. Definitely recommended!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood and charmSheilaBVIPDined on 12/27/2013Andies - this was my 2nd visit. The service was terrific, the food was great. Since it was lunch, we had salads and attention to detail was evident in the fresh ingredients and well presented meals. The server was also very willing to make sure we had exactly what we asked for ( as we had both asked for some modifications). The bread and water are at the table nearly immediately after we were seated. The menu has a great variety and the grilled shrimp on my salad were very well prepared.Special Features:
- Steer clear on holidayscmd1954Dined on 12/25/2013This restaurant is usually a good value except on holidays when the menu is limited to $20 options. If you're accustomed to byob and low cost entrees, Andy's is probably not for you... The food and service are generally reliable, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAppleDined on 12/25/2013My lamb dish was the best I've ever tasted! Everyone's food was great: tilapia, moussaka, pumpkin pie (because we were there for Xmas.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhAnonymousVIPDined on 12/25/2013Nothing was terrible but nothing was spectacular. In their defense, it was Christmas & we did the buffet so maybe their regular menu is better but the buffet was definitely nothing special. Probably won't go back.
- Great first time for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2013I'm very glad I dined here. Wonderful, extensive menu with a great seasonally inspired selection. Plenty of wine to choose from, too. Our server was very attentive, but wasn't overbearing and didn't make us feel rushed at all, which is a great feat to find that perfect balance! She was also very helpful with suggestions and catering to any questions or requests we had. Overall, just a warm, inviting place that's great for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & YummyfoodnutDined on 12/14/2013Great casual dining experience. Impeccable service from a wait staff with great personalities who provided just the right amont of attention. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful returnStemstanVIPDined on 12/8/2013We returned to Andies after more than a year away. (We moved.) What an enjoyable experience on a cold day with our family seated by a warm fire, sipping Glogg, and enjoying good Middle-Eastern food. Wait staff were friendly and attentive. Andies has always been a nice experience for us and reasonably priced. We won't take so long to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Experience at AndiesAndiesDined on 11/16/2013Andies was a good place overall for our group. We happened to be next to another group of a similar size, who were also celebrating a birthday. The atmosphere was casual enough that we stayed for a while after our meal without feeling rushed. The waiters were friendly and efficient but didn't take advantage of our prolonged stay to offer more food options- but I'm sure we could have gotten their attention had we tried. I suspect they didn't want to be aggressive as they only made a gesture at offering dessert before whisking away the display and then left us alone. We had varying reactions to the food- some liked their meals better than others and the menu is so diverse it's too difficult to make a sweeping judgment based on one experience.Special Features:
- Diverse and funLeonardSDined on 11/8/2013Yearning for meat but dining with a vegetarian? Andies covers all the bases with great Middle Eastern kabobs and fancy and sometimes spicy vegetarian dishes. Moderately priced wine list adds plenty of joy!Special Features:
- Andie's never disappointsKAtLadyVIPDined on 10/26/2013We have been to Andie's on many occasions, both for lunch and dinner. This time we were a group of 9 celebrating a birthday. There were several diners who had special diets, including vegetarian, vegan, gluten and dairy free. There was something for everyone. Andie's menu is varied and interesting with many choices. The food was great, service attentive, and we felt like part of their family. They even allowed us to bring in a vegan birthday cake. We had a lovely evening with family and good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Mediterranean foodNSwmsbgVIPDined on 10/20/2013The dishes here are flavorful and well prepared. And the choices are plentiful. We went for brunch and enjoyed the abundance and variety. The service was very friendly and efficient. We definitely will go back and have dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodpingerDined on 10/15/2013We treated all the in laws and every loved it. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Dolmades!Rangla65Dined on 9/26/2013I have always loved this place, and this time was no exception. The weather was gorgeous in Andersonville and the restaurant had it's big front windows open, allowing a gentle breeze to come in intermittently. I had the dolmades for an appetizer and it was delicious! Then I chose the pumpkin ravioli (with asparagus) for my entree and it was very good. Andie's is really the perfect place to sit and catch up with an old friend; it offers a relaxed, comfortable and friendly environment. Can't wait to go back (hopefully I'll get there a little early so I can run up the street to the Swedish bakery to load up my trunk first!)! Also, thank you for the complimentary baklava "bites" to go!! Sweet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my top favorites!koukla2014VIPDined on 9/5/2013The food is always great, the service is consistently good, and the management and owners are always so gracious! We love this place and will always keep coming back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a little zingSteelblueDined on 7/12/2013Nice neighborhood lunch stop with large windows that open to the outside, a friendly staff and interesting dishes with Mediterranean/Greek flavor. Great Turkish coffee too. Give it a try if you're in the hood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just came back from a vacationmelchicagoVIPDined on 6/29/2013I just came back from a vacation in Greece and Andies has a very authentic menu. Our entire table liked the meal.Special Features:
- Off NightAwesomeVIPDined on 6/28/2013They were apparently having an off night ... The food arrived very slow and 2 of the 5 didn't get there enters until after the other 3 finished theirs. Once they did get them they were inedible so they were comped... The server was attentive so a star for her. Won't be returning unfortunately...
- Vibrant atmosphere, great foodAubsDined on 6/7/2013My co-workers and I had a late lunch at Andies on a Friday afternoon, and the experience was very enjoyable from the second we arrived. We were immediately greeted by a few of the friendly staff, who remained attentive and helpful through the meal. Most of our party was held up in traffic and arrived late, but we were never made to feel like an inconvenience. We were also on a time constraint and I had no issue receiving the check once requested. The menu had a pleasant variety and I loved everything I tasted, particularly the sangria and lamb burger. The eating area has an open feel and a nice, colorful motif. Everyone was pleased with their food and the general consensus was that we would return, whether together or independently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Andes has become our go to place for Easter Brunch when we are in Chicago to visit our daughter. With so many places to eat in Andersonville, Andes remains one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood MediterraneanGypsyFoodieVIPDined on 3/30/2013Nice casual restaurant with good mediterranean food. Go-to when we want a reliable lunch or dinner that won't break the bank. Easily accommodates large groups.Special Features:
- A very nice lunch, nice environsSaraVIPDined on 1/16/2013A very nice lunch, nice environs and good options for any appetite. Service great and helpful!Special Features:
- Great food. Friendly ambiance.medboyILVIPDined on 1/1/2013Great food. Friendly ambiance. Excellent friendly service for our new year's day dinner!Special Features:
- Lovely New Years Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/1/2013Lovely New Years Day brunch buffet. Attentive service, lovely atmosphere. I always enjoy Andie's.Special Features:
- Entrees are good. Kids meals bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Main course was good. Only complaint about main meal was that it was small quantity for the price. Main complaint is the kids menu - the grilled cheese was listed as a pita sandwich, and instead it came on 2 slices of white bread that was super small. We expected some sort of "Andies touch" to the kids meal - but it was just white bread, cheese, and french fries which we could've gotten anywhere. Super nice service. Great atmosphere.
- Our server was nice & knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Our server was nice & knowledgeable - was easily able to answer any questions we had about the menu. Timing for dinner was off. We ordered our 2 appetizers of crab cakes & saganaki when our server first approached however, I received my soup first then crab cakes, then later our saganaki, finally entrees were brought just as we were cutting into the cheese. Our server checked in on us shortly after that but, we were finishing our appetizer & hadn't started on the entree. Our filet & lamb combo was overcooked & the vegetables were cold. The garlic mashed potatoes were still hot & delicious.