149 Mineola Blvd.
Mineola, NY 11501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://andiamo-mineola.com/
- Phone: 5162941715
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Breakfast/Brunch: Private Events Only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: George Echeverria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Room can hold up to 85 Guests.
- Private Party Contact: George Echeverria 5162941715
- Entertainment: Jazz Bands, Guitarist, Italian Classical Singer...etc.
A word from Andiamo
Andiamo is Mineola's new gem serving Contemporary and Classical Italian Cuisine. A family run restaurant which offers personal warm service. The kitchen is orchestrated by Star Chef/Owner George Echeverria whose delectable masterpieces will assure you an unforgettable experience.. An extensive ala carte menu is offered along with Lunch and Dinner Prix Fixe Menus as well. Enjoy Classical dishes such as a Grandma's Lasagna, Eggplant Parmigiana and Penne alla Vodka... or venture with Loin of Venison, French Frog Legs and a Whole Bronzini Puttanesca.Continued
"George Echeverria proves his versatility at Andiamo. it's as if he's running two kitchens..." ...Peter Gianotti- Newsday
"George Echeverria proves his versatility at Andiamo. it's as if he's running two kitchens..." ...Peter Gianotti- Newsday
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andiamo reviews from OpenTable diners
- ANDIAMO is relocating !!!luvLIVIPDined on 2/19/2013Once again simply terrific. DO NOT MOVE !!! They are relocating somewhere in the area but have not disclose the new location. A tremendous loss to Mineola if they end up moving far. George is an extremely talented Chef and the waitstaff is caring and professional.Special Features:
- Great food. Only 2 waitersPothedinerVIPDined on 2/16/2013Great food. Only 2 waiters for the dining room. They worked hard but we waited too long for our food.Special Features:
- Don't order the Veal....NYFoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2013Usually Andiamos is awesome. But tonight I ordered the veal for the first time, and it was a bad decision. Veal Sorrentino they call it, but it tasted like cardboard with a reheated frozen eggplant parmagian on top. And the angelhair pasta that came with it was tasteless. Fortunately I had my date, the ambiance, and the piped-in romantic music to entertain myself, and especially to keep my mind off this horrible dish.....Special Features:
- My heart dropped !!!luvLIVIPDined on 1/31/2013A sign outside that read "Andiamo Relocating Soon" made our hearts skip a beat. We have been coming here for a year now and it is by far our favorite place...family run, great food, wonderful service, etc. etc. etc. Glad to hear that they will be relocating nearby and that the same staff will follow. Chef George will still remain the Chef and his charismatic waitstaff will be taking care of us. Although the new location has not been announced yet, they told us that a major advertising campaign will be done once they are ready to move. Our fingers are crossed hoping that indeed they will relocate close to or within Mineola.Special Features:
- I was concerned when we pulledlove2eatVIPDined on 1/26/2013I was concerned when we pulled up to the restaurant and saw a for sale sign on wall. We later found out that the restaurant is looking into moving to a new location. I hope that happens soon! I went with a group of 6 and all were happy with the choices they made. They have a nice variety of food choices and specials. Food was delicious and we weren't rushed out. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- We went to andiamo for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013We went to andiamo for the first time. The food was excellent as was the service. It is a family run restaurant and you felt right at home. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Third visit. Good food andPothedinerVIPDined on 1/5/2013Third visit. Good food and service. Had eggplant parm. Just the way I love it. Will be going back.Special Features:
- WE LOVE THIS PLACE !!luvLIVIPDined on 1/2/2013We had the most amazing experience at Andiamo. Chef George came out to introduce himself when we had just arrived. Really nice and charming. We opted to have him choose our plates. He asked for any restrictions and informed us that "flexibility" from his kitchen is the key ingredient for success. We told him that there is no such thing as too much garlic and to impress us. WOW...WOW...WOW The best Bruschetta, Escargot, Clams Oreganata, Baby Rack of Lamb and "Garlic" Crusted Steak we ever had. The Tiramisu (NO Garlic)was simply delicious and so was the Port Poached Pear! Big portions and fair prices will make us go back very soon! Service was friendly and accomodating as well. Great background music accented an elegant room.Special Features:
- Visted on New Years Eve forFredVIPDined on 12/31/2012Visted on New Years Eve for an early dinner. Special menu was nothing special and overpriced $59.95 each plus upcharges of $6.99 for a very meager hot antipasto and $12.99 for a single lobster tail. The the bill came and was incorrect - then th "corrected bill - run thru my charge card - had 2 extra meals added - and finally after a trip to the cashier - was corrected. I'm hoping that htis was all just New Year's Eve missteps
- We have been to Andiamo manyluv2danceVIPDined on 12/29/2012We have been to Andiamo many times. I ordered the tuna special. It took a long time for our appetizers and the main course to come out. The appetizers had to be sent back because they were warm. It wasn't that the restaurant was crowded. I feel that the tuna was good but the portion was very small. The kitchen just seemed to be off. The wait service was friendly and attentive. I did not care for the holiday menu. I will be going back again.
- Good food. Very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012We ate Christmas Day dinner. They overbooked and were understaffed. It took an hour to get served after we ordered. Staff was courteous but pretended that nothing was wrong. 40 minutes into waiting we asked our waiter how much longer. He replied that we would be served within a minute which turned out to be another twenty minutes and then some of our order was cold from obviously sitting in the kitchen. While we were not in a rush, the staff should have been much more responsive to the unbelievably slow service by apologizing for the length of time and should have offered a response. Will think twice about going back on other busy nights (I.e. Fridays or Saturday nights)
- The staff was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The staff was very accommodating when we showed up 30 minutes before our reservation. The food was delicious and I only take off one star because the service seamed a bit disorganized. That's not to say that we weren't served, but the bus boy clearing utensils asked several times which part of the meal we were up to and various servers came up to us unsure if our order had been taken, etc. For the prices they are charging I would expect better coordination, but other than those small blunders, everything was great. I would probably go back, although for the price I may just venture out to Manhattan for a meal.Special Features:
- What a beautiful restaurant !!!luvLIVIPDined on 12/21/2012What a beautiful Restaurant! Nice Specials add to an already well crafted Regular Menu. The Red Snapper Livornese was the best we ever had. Service, as always, very friendly and professional. Lovely room. Chef George Echeverria is a very gracious host. Happy Holidays!Special Features:
- had dinner with friends, largeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2012had dinner with friends, large party also present Restaurant did call ahead to tell me that they had the party on the same evening. Wine list was not up to date. Several bottles I asked for were not availableSpecial Features:
- We ordered veal and it wasidontwanttoVIPDined on 12/8/2012We ordered veal and it was very tough; the waitress offered to bring another dish which was very nice, but it was late and the pasta was more than enough. One thing - the prices are "manhattan" like - it is quite expensive. We however will try it again.
- Consistently good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/5/2012Consistently good food and lovely staff. Food much better than last year!
- This was our third visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2012This was our third visit to Andiamo and once again the food was outstanding. The presentation was very good and the taste was as it should be When you don't need seasoning or gobs of cheese, you can be sure the chef knew what he was doing. They could use a lesson in making cocktails.
- Party of 4 and we all thoughtpaulDined on 11/16/2012Party of 4 and we all thought the food and service was excellent. My glass was always full with water and the table was neat and clean. Service was not over powering and always there when you needed them. Never felt rushed. I will be back.Special Features:
- Atmospher and Food to SatisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012I was looking for a restaurant with good food, a pleasant atmosphere and local to my home - I found all three at Andiamo. I am extremely happy I chose Andiamo. From the moment I walked in I knew I made the right decision. The restaurant is very elegant with a relaxing decor that makes you feel comfortable. The staff is courteous, attentive and prompt. And the food is outstanding. The bread, appetizers and main courses were delicious and plentiful. We had the sampler for dessert and it was just as good as dinner. And the wine was just right. I definitely recommend Andiamo. It's a local restaurant that plays international.Special Features:
- Andiamo has been our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012Andiamo has been our favorite restaurant for awhile now. Highly recommend trying the tasting menu. Chef George outdoes himself every time we try it! Fabulous food and service!Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experiencesk8nbabeVIPDined on 11/6/2012Outstanding dining experience from start to finish. Only negative I can come up with is the wine list, which is quite good actually, is a little bit overpriced. Other than that, amazing!!!Special Features:
- I am always greeted with aluv2danceVIPDined on 11/5/2012I am always greeted with a smile. I ordered off the menu and had linguine with white clam sauce. It was delicious. The pasta was al dente and the clams cooked just right.Special Features:
- Beyond satisfied !luvLIVIPDined on 10/23/2012This place has never disappointed. We enjoyed a very tender and flavorful Lamb Shank and the best Meatballs that any of us ever had. We enjoyed the sauce on the Veal Sorrentino and the fact that the dish came with pasta nicely smothered with the same sauce rather that a red sauce, was a really nice touch. Their Port poached Pears were incredible. Lovely decorated room and excellent service.Special Features:
- Inauthentic food with highOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2012Inauthentic food with high prices. Grandma's lasagna was greasy and drowning in tomato, as were the arrancini. The vegetable ravioli tasted frozen/mass-produced. The service was very good and the ambiance was lovely but neither could make up for the terrible food.
- Neighborhood New ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/5/2012Unremarkable food and service slow but they do seem to try hard.
- service and food was greatlindadDined on 9/29/2012service and food was great - good value on the price fixe menuSpecial Features:
- Good food but service wasPothedinerVIPDined on 9/29/2012Good food but service was slow. We waited about 45 minutes for our main course. The wait staff was working hard, but it seemed that the kitchen was backed up. In our first visit to this restaurant the service was much better.Special Features:
- Nice place..but..PROCEED WITH...NYFoodieVIPDined on 9/17/2012Caution...Nice place but wait staff is either inexperienced, or just not good. I asked for white zin, and I was offered a red wine? My date ordered the ziti with shrimp, she received ziti WITH CHICKEN? Trying to pass chicken for shrimp?(cutting costs maybe?) Ambiance is amazing, my dish was Surf, and Turf, pretty good, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett music was incredible. I'd go again, but proceed with caution...
- We recently moved to MineolaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/15/2012We recently moved to Mineola earlier this summer and my parents came for dinner so I suggested Andiamo because it looked cute from the outside and was close to home. We enjoyed it very much - the staff was friendly and attentive, the restaurant had a great ambiance and was very nice inside, and the food was delicious. I liked it so much that my fiance and I went this weekend and had another great meal. It's close to home, great food and great ambiance. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- This was our third time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012This was our third time at Andiamo, and each was a very nice dining experience. The Surf and Turf Summer Special was great. We've never been disappointed in the food which is uniformly wonderful. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Our only problem is that while the service is attentive but not intrusive, it does slow down considerably when you are waiting for the check. The staff may think that everyone wants to linger after coffee and dessert, but with only one waiter on duty this particular evening, leaving became quite a lengthy process. Still, it is worth trying.Special Features:
- Had been there under previousrobkapVIPDined on 9/8/2012Had been there under previous owners and the food was not that good. Same holds true for Andiamo,.Appetizers and desserts were very good, but the entres were mediocre. Too bad because the ambiance is really nice.
- Everything we had was excellentmhkhDined on 9/7/2012Everything we had was excellent - white bean salad, grandma's meatballs and sausages, chicken scarparello, shrimp scampi, and apple strudel. The wait staff was quite helpful, and they covered for each other when required - a nice touch. A bit pricey for a neighborhood restaurant; for example, a cup of coffee, not espresso or cappuccino, was over four dollars. We would like to try the early bird dinner sometime.Special Features:
- Great Menu!luvLIVIPDined on 9/6/2012Chef George Echeverria continues to impress! We have followed him from Soigne to Panama Hatties to Andiamo. This is not your typical Italian pasta and tomato sauce kind of a place. Although there are several "Classic" dishes, you also have a beautiful well crafted menu fit for all types of demanding connoisseurs. The service is professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Do not hold back from "devouring" his home-made bread basket along with roasted garlic, EVOO and whipped herb butter!Special Features:
- It took an extremely longLuvs2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2012It took an extremely long time to get out food. It was during the week and the restaurant was not overly crowded so I do not know why it took so long. The food was hot and fresh. The onion soup was excellent, and the tiramisu was very moist and tasty. However, the main course was very average. I will not rush back.
- WE ENJOYED OUR DINNER VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012WE ENJOYED OUR DINNER VERY MUCH, AND WILL CERTAINLY GO AGAIN.Special Features:
- First time dining. We willPothedinerVIPDined on 8/11/2012First time dining. We will definitely return. Had Grandma' meatballs, eggplant parm and lobster fra diavolo. All Excellent! Service was excellent also.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dineLynbrook26VIPDined on 8/4/2012Always a pleasure to dine at this restaurant! You are welcomed as if you eat there evry night! Food is very good & service is outstanding!Special Features:
- The restaurant was relativelyweaselDined on 7/23/2012The restaurant was relatively empty on a Monday night so the service was excellent. My food was on the cool side rather than hot and my husband's chicken parm was slightly overdone. The salads were small for $8.95. It is convenient to home so we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Yummy!luvLIVIPDined on 7/21/2012We enjoyed the Twin Lobsters and I have to say it was fabulous...undoubtedly a great deal. Started with a "chunky" Corn Chowder and then the lobsters with roasted potatoes and julienne vegetables on the side. We opted for the option to add a dessert for $5. We had a silky Tiramisu that was great. The service is very attentive and the ambience was casual classy. The waiter moved us to an outdoor table to enjoy our dessert and coffee. Great touch.Special Features:
- A New Neighborhood Gem!!!luvLIVIPDined on 7/13/2012Our second visit, and was as amazing as the first time. The Owner/Chef (George)was very accomodating. Excellent food and superb service. We will be returning for their new Surf or Turf Menu ($28.95 for twin lobsters!).Special Features: