Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston
7228 N. Main Street
Clarkston, MI 48346Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mesquitecreek.com/
- Phone: 2486209300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details or visit www.mesquitecreek.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Mesquite Creek offers private space for up to 70 guests. Please call for details or visit www.mesquitecreek.com.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Thursday through Saturday nights.
A word from Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston
Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston , open for lunch & dinner, is the hotspot in Clarkston! The staff provides great service & always with a smile. The food is wonderful. Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston also offers live entertainment Thursday through Saturday nights, patio for outside seating, banquet space for up to 70 guests & off-site catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (26)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (18)romantic (18)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not worth the wait...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Over all it was a nice experience. It took over 20 minutes to be seated even with a reservation, and there was an extensive wait for the main course. It seemed very chaotic and disorganized at the hostess station, which is unusual at 5:30 on a Sunday night. The food was good, but I would consider it overpriced for the quality. The filet was bland and the outside of it was more burnt than seared. Not as good as one would expect for a "signature dish". The appetizers, pasta and house salad were of good taste and quality. We would return but most likely would try something less expensive so if a dish is disappointing again we won't feel as frustrated. There were a lot of families dining there so perhaps the pizza is good?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as downtown detroitgrandpa63Dined on 8/29/2014Chicken marsala too salty. What happened to pasta sample?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't dine here againformerohioanDined on 8/28/2014This is my second time with family at this location. Here are the problems: The service is slow. The food is mediocre. My fish was raw in the middle when they served it to me and I had to send it back. The music does not fit the atmosphere and the acoustics are loud. On a positive note, the staff was friendly.Special Features:
- Worth the DriveCriticalEaterDined on 8/27/2014The food was perfect. I am very particular when it comes to dining out. If I am going to a restaurant of higher caliber, I expect certain things. I will return to this particular restaurant in the near future. It was well worth the 45 minute drive. The food was excellent, and though I shouldn't have ordered any appetizers, I did. This caused me to have leftovers, which I never eat. I made sure I got to the fridge before my kids did the next day. I was even tempted to eat my wife's as well. It would have been worth it.Special Features:
- Food good . Waitress iffyPjmmVIPDined on 8/26/2014Maybe she was new or overwhelmed . New general manager very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time there...JZ52Dined on 8/24/2014My wife & I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a nice dinner at Andiamo. This was our second time there. The filet they serve is truly one of the best I've ever eaten. Overall, the food is excellant. We both agreed, we may have found a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- DinnerKirstenDined on 8/23/2014We came here upon the recommendation of friends and enjoyed the entire experience - food, atmosphere, service - all excellent.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014We were there to celebrate our 37th year anniversary and from the time we entered the restaurant we were waiting. The lady's at the hostess desk were more into answering the phone then dealing with at least 4 other couples waiting to be seated. Then when we did get seated we waited again for at least 15mins before anyone even acknowledged we were there. It was ran better when it was Mesquite Creek.
- OK, but nothing specialClarkstonResidentDined on 8/17/2014Location is good (right off I75 but screened by large trees and within reasonable walking distance of downtown Clarkston). Nice outdoor seating. Interior is attractive. Tables not too close together. Staff was friendly. Waitress was busy and not very attentive (water glass remained empty until end of meal). Food was average for the price. Wife had shrimp scampi which was good (large, flavorfull shrimp). I had Veal Scallopini which was very average (flavorless)Special Features:
- The Veal PiccataOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014was about the best I've ever had. Tender as could be with a perfect wine sauce. The bread and dipping oil was excellent. Bar service a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually much better.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Since Andiamo's took over Mesquite Creek I've been there a few times. This last time was the worst. Service was poor, rude waitress, food was pretty good, not great. I've been to all the other Andiamo's restaurants several times, the menu at the Clarkston restaurant seems to be smaller, with fewer options. Most other times I've been there it has been good, but this last visit was not great. Hopefully they get into their usual swing and make this one worth the Andiamo name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Andrew!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014This server knows his stuff. Food was tasty and it was nice to be able to go to a restaurant close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JB11Dined on 8/13/2014Not that impressed with the change in restaurant. I thought Mesquite Creek had a better menu, had more to offer and the food was A LOT better. For an Italian restaurant, I felt the food options should have been more impressive especially now having the Andiamo name attached to it.
- Not the samePjmmVIPDined on 8/13/2014When they first changed over to italian food was super .. Great bread dipping sauce, good portions, .lately food is lacking original taste , ranch dressing tastes like in a bottle..always was made there. Go through a lot of servers. This time he must have been new. Took while for him to come to table. Another waitress took drink orders. Wrong soup brought, had to seek him out, asked for box for salad entree. No dressing put in. He was pleasant enough. Pasta is given side with some dinner entrees .. Have to ask for it as seems to get forgotten. Sauce not as favorable. Last time I had lasagna you could see the cooked yellow egg separately in it. Not blended well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below Expectation ....DMJ12Dined on 8/9/2014Being a Andiamo restaurant, I would have expected more in the form of service and food quality. The food was average to good - not great. Our server was good and attentive after waiting 5 minutes to be acknowledged. We arrived on time with a reservation 2, we were told a table would be available in a few minutes. Another party 2 walked in while we were waiting and they were promptly seated in the same area of the establishment. When the hostess return to the hostess stand, she asked us if we needed assistance - clearly she totally forgot about us and we were standing less than 3 feet from the hostess stand. I ordered the special of the day, after 15 minutes, I was told they had run out. Not a terrible experience, but not what I expected.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerChrisnEmilyDined on 8/8/2014We went here for my wife's birthday. The calamari and bread were really good. We also really liked the stuffed shells.Special Features:
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Had a very nice evening. Did not feel pushed to quickly get done even though it was a very busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Well the service was slow, but noting like the weight time for the dinner. We told the waitress we were going to a concert and that we needed to be wrapped up by 7:00. We arrived by the way at 5:20. I spoke to the staff 3 times about needing our food and they said the kitchen was kind of screwed up. Finally at 7:16 our dinners arrived. My pasta, the recommended pasta on the menu was served in one large clump. It was cold and with one fork I could lift almost the entire plate of pasta in the air. It was not worth eating. The waitress did take the plate off the bill without any prompting from me. Oh by the way, I requested to see the manager twice and he/she never showed up.
- Former Mesquite Grillsglenn99Dined on 7/25/2014Had been to this restaurant a few times back when it was Mesquite Grill. While the decor hasn't changed, the menu has now that it's an Andiamo's. Initially ordered the Salmon, but they were out of it (the waitress said it was a popular dish). Instead got the Chicken Marsala, which was very tasty. The chicken breast was a bit thin, but the white wine sauce was very tasty. Good selection of wine as well. The restaurant was very busy, and there was a loud group near us, so would rate the ambience lower (the other Andiamo restaurants I've been to were more intimate). The appetizer and pizza menu looked good as well, so this could also be a good spot to go if you just want bar food (the bar area is very nice).Special Features:
- Good service; good foodLisaDined on 7/22/2014Very nice atmosphere and ambiance. Great for couples or groups. Friendly, attentive wait staff, and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outLin3jlDined on 7/18/2014The filet was fantastic and so was the chicken piccata! We also enjoyed the wine! It was nice to sit outside very cozy & quite! We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For TwomeandmineDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I dined together and had a great time! The food was excellent and the noise level allowed for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyrroseDined on 7/11/2014Ask for a table in away from an Isle and was promptly seated in an Isle by the kit hen door. Very noisy night!
- CheyDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful choices. Dessert should be first. Though dinner was great, we could come in just for dessert and drinks. People who think they are satisfied after a meal and decline dessert are cheating themselves out of something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit a WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014After our first visit where the food was good but the service was very poor, we decided to try it again. We were very pleased to see the service was outstanding from Zach. Our meals were both well prepared. Previously we had one good and one less than good meal. Our first visit was soon after they reopened and it appears they are getting over the initial start up issues. Keep up the effort.Special Features:
- Great choiceredge1Dined on 7/5/2014We are were here visiting family, and like to try new places. We really enjoyed our meal and our visit. A beautiful restaurant with agreat menu and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a Swim in the OceansteveDined on 6/29/2014It's hard to knock a restaurant where the ambience and is nearly perfect with excellent lighting and tables spread apart so there is always a feeling of intimacy. The service, while young and inexperienced, was well-trained and anxious to please. My date and I ordered dinner, for her salmon, for me a thin chicken breasts over a lemony sauce. The main courses were for the salt-deprived. Admittedly many diners have cut back on salt intake and are not geared for a salty course. The sauce, slathered over the chicken breasts defied anything I had experienced since I was a teen and swam into a swirling eddy in the Atlantic Ocean and came up with a mouthful of salt water. I still prefer properly salted meals but this was over the top.
- Pre DTE Dinner on the PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great Service. Really good food. Enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Birthday gatheringBuggybooDined on 6/24/2014Group of 7 were set in middle of room. Service(Mike) and food were great. Would have appreciated a free dessert for the birthday guest. The room was open and very loud. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Waitress was fantastic! We had a large group and she provided exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POORER THAN POOR SERVICE69rainbowsDined on 6/15/2014Service next to none, not busy, uncleared tables, waited too long for food when place was almost empty Sun afternoon. Food GREAT!Special Features:
- DinnerMrJ1Dined on 6/14/2014Hostess seated us promptly and waitress was very attentive. Appetizers tasted good, entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014This is a great restaurant. Good food. Great service. The wait table are trained to monitor the tables and be available.Special Features:
- Best steak of my life.RobinsDined on 5/23/2014I swear monks masage the cows and sing them to heaven before they become an Andiamo filet because that was the most flavorful and tender steak I have ever eaten. Great value too! Good service on a date night and still family friendly environment. This is my every occasion place and weekday treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchyummyDined on 5/19/2014Food was delicious and perfectly prepared for myself and my guests. Service was great and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only so-solunchlady1Dined on 5/17/2014Main dining area was incredibly loud-terrible acoustics probably. Not feeling any ambiance. Main dining area smelled very fishy. Made reservations a week in advance and tried to seat us in a horrible location. Was shown a different table after commenting. My shrimp scampi was only okay. My husband's steak was very good. Wine list was nice. Our waiter was excellent--the best part of dining experience. Went for our 28th wedding anniversary dinner last year under different name, menu and management. Enjoyed that experience and hoped for a nice 29th anniversary dinner-sadly disappointed. Will not return.Special Features:
- Save the croutonsHardEarnedMoneyDined on 5/16/2014Nice atmosphere and good food, although pricing is a little ambitious for quality. Still worth a visit. My only complaint would be croutons should be bite sized and just crunchy enough to still prick with a fork; otherwise, save the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and serverRandRDined on 5/16/2014All was great except we requested back room for larger group and did not get seated back there. Shannon our server was very nice and did her job very well. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014Our recent trip to Andiamo (my first visit to this location) was horribly disappointing. I had planned a small surprise birthday dinner for my best friend. We expected Andiamo style quality and excellence. What we received was the worst service I have EVER experienced dining out. It took over an hour to bring our food to us after we had ordered. The restaurant was empty and there were only 2 other tables of people. It was a weeknight. There was absolutely no excuse for such a long wait to receive our meals. No explanation or apology was given. The waiter serving our food was unbelievably rude. My friend actually had to LEAVE the birthday dinner and have the meal immediately boxed up since it took SO long to get our food. Will not return.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014I was really disappointed with my recent visit. I came on Mother's Day and the food was served via buffet and was not up to the same standard as I have had at other Andiamo establishments. My reservation didn't really specify that the food would be served buffet style which seemed very inappropriate for a Mother's Day dinner. The food was cold and it seemed as though they had a Mother's Day Lunch Buffet that was just left out all day and then they tried to serve it for Dinner. The buffet was grossly overpriced - more than a buffet at the Bellagio in Vegas and it just left a really impression on me. I won't be coming back to this Andiamo and likely none of the other Andiamo establishments.