Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston
7228 N. Main Street
Clarkston, MI 48346Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mesquitecreek.com/
- Phone: 2486209300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details or visit www.mesquitecreek.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Mesquite Creek offers private space for up to 70 guests. Please call for details or visit www.mesquitecreek.com.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Thursday through Saturday nights.
A word from Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston
Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston , open for lunch & dinner, is the hotspot in Clarkston! The staff provides great service & always with a smile. The food is wonderful. Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston also offers live entertainment Thursday through Saturday nights, patio for outside seating, banquet space for up to 70 guests & off-site catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andiamo Trattoria - Clarkston reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (27)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (20)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Better than ExpectedMrMikeDined on 9/19/2014We've been here several times but something was different this time. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. Uniique pasta dishes with flair. The shrimp and portobello appetizers were fantastic. Place was not real busy which surprised me for a Friday night. Check them out for great Italian.Special Features:
- amazingMeganDined on 9/19/2014I have been going there once a month. My husband and I love the atmosphere and the service is always perfect. Nice staff and great chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening at Andiamo-ClarkstonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went to Andiamo recently for dinner with some very old friends who we hadn't seen for some time. We had a wonderful dinner and spent a great time talking. The wait staff were extremely understanding and did not intrude. They did, however, keep a watchful eye on us and made the evening perfect for us. Accolades to everyone at the restaurant for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Costly eateryJamesDined on 9/18/2014The food was good but not a large selection. When asked if we wanted to buy a bottle of wine instead of just two glasses, when asked what the cost difference would be. There wasn't a cost difference, $9.00 a glass or $36. for a bottle of Resling. Usually a glass would run $7. and a Bottle would cost $21. The food was good but our table was set and menu's were dropped off but the waiter and helper left without taking our drink order; we had to flag them down to get a drink. There was a very large table of about 10 men that was very loud and maybe should have placed away from the general dinning area.Special Features:
- Very good and not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The wine list although not huge has a very good selection. The pizza and lobster ravioli were very good. The chicken picatta was the not so much meal. There were too many capers causing the sauce to be briney and the chicken was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Clarkston GEMKLeeDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has completed a major renovation and menu change. Food is at a fair price and with a large variety of items. New manager is very attentive to guest. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SpecialsjazzyDined on 9/5/2014We tried two of the featured specials and both were very good. Flavorful and cooked to perfect. Have been to the restaurant before and this was by far the best food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014This was the first time that I had went to Andiamo and I was not disappointed. All of the staff that was on hand were very courteous and took care of my date and I. The food was excellent and I would recommend this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:
- Joan5642Dined on 9/2/2014Our experience with Andiamo's was outstanding from our waitress Shannon to the Pres/Ceo stopping by our table and hearing we were celebrating three 50th anniv and having a pizza app sent to our table.Special Features:
- Not worth the wait...kritt85Dined on 8/31/2014Over all it was a nice experience. It took over 20 minutes to be seated even with a reservation, and there was an extensive wait for the main course. It seemed very chaotic and disorganized at the hostess station, which is unusual at 5:30 on a Sunday night. The food was good, but I would consider it overpriced for the quality. The filet was bland and the outside of it was more burnt than seared. Not as good as one would expect for a "signature dish". The appetizers, pasta and house salad were of good taste and quality. We would return but most likely would try something less expensive so if a dish is disappointing again we won't feel as frustrated. There were a lot of families dining there so perhaps the pizza is good?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as downtown detroitgrandpa63Dined on 8/29/2014Chicken marsala too salty. What happened to pasta sample?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't dine here againformerohioanDined on 8/28/2014This is my second time with family at this location. Here are the problems: The service is slow. The food is mediocre. My fish was raw in the middle when they served it to me and I had to send it back. The music does not fit the atmosphere and the acoustics are loud. On a positive note, the staff was friendly.Special Features:
- Worth the DriveCriticalEaterDined on 8/27/2014The food was perfect. I am very particular when it comes to dining out. If I am going to a restaurant of higher caliber, I expect certain things. I will return to this particular restaurant in the near future. It was well worth the 45 minute drive. The food was excellent, and though I shouldn't have ordered any appetizers, I did. This caused me to have leftovers, which I never eat. I made sure I got to the fridge before my kids did the next day. I was even tempted to eat my wife's as well. It would have been worth it.Special Features:
- Food good . Waitress iffyPjmmVIPDined on 8/26/2014Maybe she was new or overwhelmed . New general manager very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time there...JZ52Dined on 8/24/2014My wife & I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a nice dinner at Andiamo. This was our second time there. The filet they serve is truly one of the best I've ever eaten. Overall, the food is excellant. We both agreed, we may have found a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- DinnerKirstenDined on 8/23/2014We came here upon the recommendation of friends and enjoyed the entire experience - food, atmosphere, service - all excellent.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014We were there to celebrate our 37th year anniversary and from the time we entered the restaurant we were waiting. The lady's at the hostess desk were more into answering the phone then dealing with at least 4 other couples waiting to be seated. Then when we did get seated we waited again for at least 15mins before anyone even acknowledged we were there. It was ran better when it was Mesquite Creek.
- OK, but nothing specialClarkstonResidentDined on 8/17/2014Location is good (right off I75 but screened by large trees and within reasonable walking distance of downtown Clarkston). Nice outdoor seating. Interior is attractive. Tables not too close together. Staff was friendly. Waitress was busy and not very attentive (water glass remained empty until end of meal). Food was average for the price. Wife had shrimp scampi which was good (large, flavorfull shrimp). I had Veal Scallopini which was very average (flavorless)Special Features:
- The Veal PiccataOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014was about the best I've ever had. Tender as could be with a perfect wine sauce. The bread and dipping oil was excellent. Bar service a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually much better.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Since Andiamo's took over Mesquite Creek I've been there a few times. This last time was the worst. Service was poor, rude waitress, food was pretty good, not great. I've been to all the other Andiamo's restaurants several times, the menu at the Clarkston restaurant seems to be smaller, with fewer options. Most other times I've been there it has been good, but this last visit was not great. Hopefully they get into their usual swing and make this one worth the Andiamo name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Andrew!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014This server knows his stuff. Food was tasty and it was nice to be able to go to a restaurant close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JB11Dined on 8/13/2014Not that impressed with the change in restaurant. I thought Mesquite Creek had a better menu, had more to offer and the food was A LOT better. For an Italian restaurant, I felt the food options should have been more impressive especially now having the Andiamo name attached to it.
- Not the samePjmmVIPDined on 8/13/2014When they first changed over to italian food was super .. Great bread dipping sauce, good portions, .lately food is lacking original taste , ranch dressing tastes like in a bottle..always was made there. Go through a lot of servers. This time he must have been new. Took while for him to come to table. Another waitress took drink orders. Wrong soup brought, had to seek him out, asked for box for salad entree. No dressing put in. He was pleasant enough. Pasta is given side with some dinner entrees .. Have to ask for it as seems to get forgotten. Sauce not as favorable. Last time I had lasagna you could see the cooked yellow egg separately in it. Not blended well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below Expectation ....DMJ12Dined on 8/9/2014Being a Andiamo restaurant, I would have expected more in the form of service and food quality. The food was average to good - not great. Our server was good and attentive after waiting 5 minutes to be acknowledged. We arrived on time with a reservation 2, we were told a table would be available in a few minutes. Another party 2 walked in while we were waiting and they were promptly seated in the same area of the establishment. When the hostess return to the hostess stand, she asked us if we needed assistance - clearly she totally forgot about us and we were standing less than 3 feet from the hostess stand. I ordered the special of the day, after 15 minutes, I was told they had run out. Not a terrible experience, but not what I expected.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerChrisnEmilyDined on 8/8/2014We went here for my wife's birthday. The calamari and bread were really good. We also really liked the stuffed shells.Special Features:
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Had a very nice evening. Did not feel pushed to quickly get done even though it was a very busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The service was very good. Andrew our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. The wine was quite nice but the food itself was only fair. To me, a restaurant that charges those prices should have very good food.
- Very DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Well the service was slow, but noting like the weight time for the dinner. We told the waitress we were going to a concert and that we needed to be wrapped up by 7:00. We arrived by the way at 5:20. I spoke to the staff 3 times about needing our food and they said the kitchen was kind of screwed up. Finally at 7:16 our dinners arrived. My pasta, the recommended pasta on the menu was served in one large clump. It was cold and with one fork I could lift almost the entire plate of pasta in the air. It was not worth eating. The waitress did take the plate off the bill without any prompting from me. Oh by the way, I requested to see the manager twice and he/she never showed up.
- Former Mesquite Grillsglenn99Dined on 7/25/2014Had been to this restaurant a few times back when it was Mesquite Grill. While the decor hasn't changed, the menu has now that it's an Andiamo's. Initially ordered the Salmon, but they were out of it (the waitress said it was a popular dish). Instead got the Chicken Marsala, which was very tasty. The chicken breast was a bit thin, but the white wine sauce was very tasty. Good selection of wine as well. The restaurant was very busy, and there was a loud group near us, so would rate the ambience lower (the other Andiamo restaurants I've been to were more intimate). The appetizer and pizza menu looked good as well, so this could also be a good spot to go if you just want bar food (the bar area is very nice).Special Features:
- Good service; good foodLisaDined on 7/22/2014Very nice atmosphere and ambiance. Great for couples or groups. Friendly, attentive wait staff, and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outLin3jlDined on 7/18/2014The filet was fantastic and so was the chicken piccata! We also enjoyed the wine! It was nice to sit outside very cozy & quite! We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For TwomeandmineDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I dined together and had a great time! The food was excellent and the noise level allowed for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyrroseDined on 7/11/2014Ask for a table in away from an Isle and was promptly seated in an Isle by the kit hen door. Very noisy night!
- CheyDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful choices. Dessert should be first. Though dinner was great, we could come in just for dessert and drinks. People who think they are satisfied after a meal and decline dessert are cheating themselves out of something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit a WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014After our first visit where the food was good but the service was very poor, we decided to try it again. We were very pleased to see the service was outstanding from Zach. Our meals were both well prepared. Previously we had one good and one less than good meal. Our first visit was soon after they reopened and it appears they are getting over the initial start up issues. Keep up the effort.Special Features:
- Great choiceredge1Dined on 7/5/2014We are were here visiting family, and like to try new places. We really enjoyed our meal and our visit. A beautiful restaurant with agreat menu and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a Swim in the OceansteveDined on 6/29/2014It's hard to knock a restaurant where the ambience and is nearly perfect with excellent lighting and tables spread apart so there is always a feeling of intimacy. The service, while young and inexperienced, was well-trained and anxious to please. My date and I ordered dinner, for her salmon, for me a thin chicken breasts over a lemony sauce. The main courses were for the salt-deprived. Admittedly many diners have cut back on salt intake and are not geared for a salty course. The sauce, slathered over the chicken breasts defied anything I had experienced since I was a teen and swam into a swirling eddy in the Atlantic Ocean and came up with a mouthful of salt water. I still prefer properly salted meals but this was over the top.
- Pre DTE Dinner on the PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great Service. Really good food. Enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Birthday gatheringBuggybooDined on 6/24/2014Group of 7 were set in middle of room. Service(Mike) and food were great. Would have appreciated a free dessert for the birthday guest. The room was open and very loud. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Waitress was fantastic! We had a large group and she provided exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.