Andiamo Royal Oak
129 S. Main Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo Royal Oak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamoitalia.com/
- Phone: 2485829300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Kuclo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering off-premises is available for groups of 20 or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Although Osteria doesn't have a separate banquet room, we offer rehearsal luncheons & private parties during our normally closed hours of operation.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Kowaslki 2485829300x
A word from Andiamo Royal Oak
**Please contact the restaurant directly for reservation availability** Located on Main Street in the heart of Royal Oak's restaurant district, this popular location has the locals licking their chops. Many of the classic Andiamo menu items plus a few surprise specialties make this a dining experience you won't want to miss. Centrally located, this restaurant is convenient for business lunches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Andiamo Royal Oak - Best Restaurants in Royal Oak ›
Andiamo Royal Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (12)good for groups (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Cold coldAlimanDined on 9/25/2014Everything was cold, the food all came out cold and the server was cold. The main course was a poor excuse for Italian food.
- Good and fairTransientDined on 9/14/2014Great if you want to take leftovers home. Huge portions. Salad was dressed too heavy.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderfulWineloverDined on 9/11/2014This is the best of all Andiamo. The service is great , very accomadating, friendly, and knowledgeable . The food is great every time . Great wine list . Thank you Andiamo for the great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceYummyDined on 8/23/2014I find the Royal Oak Andiiamo a real gem. The food is wonderful but the friendly service is second to none. Tony, the manager, makes everyone feel special. I believe that his leadership style is exemplified by his staff. So for a wonderful dining experience, I would not hesitate recommending this Andiiamo.Special Features:
- Least Fav Andiamo'sEclecticSistaDined on 8/12/2014Consistent substandard service at this particular location. 3rd time dining there. Service wasn't as unbelievably slow as before but but they didn't honor my opentable voucher bcuz I had a $20 bday meal. I still had $40 worth of bill left and I thought this was like a check or gift card, not a coupon. The guiseppe shrimp was burnt (obvious by looking at it) breading and the waiter tried to convince me it was supposed to be that way... As always, they sat me at a high traffic spot...and when I did mention it was my birthday, he didn't even acknowledge it. They didn't ask if I had reservations, didn't ask anything really...I'd expect more from Andiamo's and at the others, I usually get it. Overheard another guy complaining too. smhSpecial Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We felt rush by the wait staff. We hadn't finished our salads and three people tried to take the plate. Same thing happened with our entrees.
- Good Location; Average FoodFoodie46Dined on 8/8/2014Location and service were good so was the calamari appetizer we had. I ordered Spaghetti with meatballs for dinner, it was a bit disappointing. I have had better tasting meatballs somewhere else before. We had good dinners at their now-closed Rochester Hills location in the past but somehow what we had here was not what I remembered it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great restaurantMBRODined on 8/6/2014Great place for dinner, fantastic food. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodpeggyDined on 8/1/2014great food , very friendly staff . we went for lunch and all enjoyed their lunch. We did not feel rushed. we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicepaminmiDined on 7/18/2014Excellent service. The noise level is a bit much when trying to carry on conversations. The food is very good - not the best Italian that I've ever had, but still very good, and they're very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Toni was our server and he gave get service. I always enjoy my food and experience at this restaurant. The pineapple martini was delicious.Special Features:
- Almond Biscotti martini is a must.MarlaDined on 7/10/2014The food was excellent and so was the service. The almond Biscotti martini was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was great and the service was outstanding. The menu had so many delicious entrees I could not decide. Andiamo's is now a family staple in out dinning out experiences.Special Features:
- tononeDined on 6/15/2014Andiamo's continues to stand out serving quality food at reasonable prices. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Great restaurantMroseDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful food, friendly staff. Personal treatment by the manager. We love to sit out on the patio & people watch.Special Features:
- Thought it would be better...FoodieNewbieBeeDined on 6/15/2014My first time at any Andiamo's restaurant and I left a bit disappointed. I ordered the Paglia E Fieno which is chicken tenderloin, pasta, prosciutto, onions and peas tossed in a cream sauce. The peas were non-existent and there was nothing at all tender about the tenderloin. It was a half-step above tough. The flavor was nice though, and my daughter and hubby enjoyed their non-chicken meals; so I figure my dish was just off that day. Oh, and the salad was so drenched in dressing that I had to use my fork to squeeze the excess off of it. I would give them just one more try to see if they can do better; however the emptiness of the restaurant may serve as a clue. To end on a high note, prices were better than expected and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantLuv2trynewfoodsDined on 6/7/2014Great food & Amazing service! My favorite Resturant in Royal Oak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 283 reviews are from the Andiamo Royal Oak reviews archive.
- Nice but not romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014Kids, people in casual clothing and loud patrons everywhere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GoodFoodDined on 5/16/2014We celebrated my friend's birthday at the Andiamo's in Royal Oak and it was a wonderful experience. The food not only looked delicious, but it tasted delicious. Our waiter was fun and the service was fast. Overall it made for a great birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget about Andiamo ROGlen48067Dined on 5/3/2014Great wine list, great food, and great service! The experience deserves six stars!Special Features:
- Andiamo Royal OakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014As always everything tasted and was served to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy ItalianateVitoDined on 4/24/2014Relaxing Italian restaurant where you can enjoy great food and wine.Special Features:
- Good Food & ServicemgirardDined on 4/23/2014The wine list leaves a lot to be desired. There were few bottles under $50, which to someone on a budget is very off-putting (bottle markup is 2 1/4 times list price). I went on a Wednesday night and opened a loyalty card which got me 50% of any bottle of wine. For the food, I ordered the Filet Aldo, which came out cooked exactly as I asked, and was easily in the top three filets in my lifetime dining experiences. The sides and appetizers were also very good. Service was excellent, our waitress was very knowledgeable and brought out all of the items in order, and with adequate time between each dish. I will defiantly return to Andiamo Royal Oak at some point in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014Once again I enjoyed a very delicious meal, in a very pleasant atmosphere at the Andiamo Royal Oak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat ConfusingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2014Andiamos presents itself as an Italian-based restaurant however the menu contained many items that were consistent with that theme (Cajun spicing for example). Not quite what was anticipated. Preparation was adequate but not particularly inspired - would rank it as very ordinary southern Mediterranean light. Perhaps this is because of its location in a trendy "hot spot" suburban neighborhood. The veal with eggplant (had them grill it rather than use breaded eggplant) was nicely prepared; the tortellini was okay but lacked substantive flavors, the fired calamari appetizer was standard food-service stuff, salmon with pasta was one of the better dished as was the chicken with pasta pomadoro.
- Mostly a nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Mostly a nice meal although they had run out of one of the fish items and there was a big party so the kitchen was backed up a bit. They did provide complementary noodles and meat sauce snack to tide us over which was nice - even though it was kind of like one you get from a "Stouffers" pack. Good selection of wines and the steak was great. So overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; little noisyieatalotDined on 4/5/2014We had a party of 4 and all of us hadn't been to Andiamo's RO in several years. We remember the food being very good but a little cramped and noisy in the main dining area. The food was just as good as we remembered but the noise level made it a little hard to hear every word in our conversations. There was a big party seated by us but we still remember the noise level being above average from our last visit. We still a great dinner and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We had a party of 4, celebrating my sisters birthday on Saturday Night. I feel like a rock star every time , I go at this restaurant. The staff is so welcoming, friendly and helpful . Their food is absolutely great , service so good. Their staff, even it was very busy , makes our dinner for real an event. They offered us a dessert on the house, Kit-kat and they flame it for us on the table , It was delicious . My sister was very pleased with the dinner and thanked me for picking the restaurant, and she usually is not happy with my choices. Thank you AndiamoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andiamo RO is the best pick!Glen48067Dined on 3/29/2014If you haven't experienced Andiamo Royal Oak in a while, it is time to return. The menu and wine list are ever changing, and the service is truly the best in the area. Tony (the manager) and his staff are warm and professional and strive to provide the best dining experience for their patrons.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnersonysagDined on 3/24/2014I had the Sea Scallops e Crab Cakes Seared sea scallops, sweet corn and spring vegetable risotto with basil cream sauce, served with east coast crab cakes. this dish was EXCELLENT. They were featuring this item with many others for the Chef's Challenge Charity Event. This location was great, service was excellent and again the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedDPom9Dined on 3/23/2014I had a wonderful dining experience this past Sunday. We originally had a reservation for 2, and family members decided to join us. The hostess (very sweet) was so helpful to make the adjustment for our group. Our server Russell was excellent. He recommended some great ap's (try the spicy calamari). I had the Filet (zip sauce amazing) and my husband who is very picky when it comes to Italian food had Homemade fettuccine with bolognese and meatballs, he LOVED it! Everything was great, service was amazing and even the manager stopped by our table to thank us. Thank YOU Andiamo, we are looking forward to coming back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday night!Canadian35Dined on 3/22/2014I brought my family for dinner , this time. It was again a beautiful night . The restaurant was very busy when we arrived, we waited just a few minutes , for our table and lucky us we got a booth by the window. Leo was our server , very helpful , accommodating and knowledgable on the wine list and the menu. All of his suggestions on the wine and the meal we got were perfectly paired. I had Veal Royal Oak, what a great suggestion, free range veal with portabella , smoked cheese , shrimp and Zip sauce, WOW , still thinking of this dish. The rest of my family were very happy with meals too, but my veal was the best. Please go and ask for this dish, you will thank me for the recommendation , believe me . Thank you Andiamo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch with old friends!IsidaDined on 3/5/2014I spent a wonderful lunch and my friends enjoyed it as well. The waiter was very patient, and the food was in our table in a short time! Great time! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second visit atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014This was my second visit at this location, and once again we had a very pleasant time. The food was divine, excellent service and the manager went out of the way to make our dining even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- The best place for Business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014We had a great time at this location. All of us enjoyed lunch . We were four and all of our dishes were presented beautiful and tasted wonderful. Veal Royal Oak was something special, Mediterranean salad fresh and interesting presented, Pasta with beef tips was homemade and great, The whitefish was superb. Great service from our server Nachole. She was very accommodating to our needs. Great job Andiamo Royal Oak. Waiting forward for us next meeting in Royal Oak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinnerjzalDined on 2/25/2014Filet Alfredo was excellent. My wife enjoyed the lasagna very well. The service was good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be able to make reservationsLlarryDined on 2/15/2014Should be able to make reservations for 2...currently they will only do 4 or more. Also should be able to select type of table...ie: booth or high top table. I hate when restaurants try to seat you at a small table with chairs in an aisle way. Not a comfortable way to dine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestKimTDined on 2/12/2014The salad was overdressed. The pasta was swimming in sauce. Flavors were ok, but nothing to come back for. The highlight was a great waiter. Very attentive and friendly
- BadDisappointedDined on 2/8/2014We had been here about a year ago and it was good. Saturday was horrible. The risotto was RAW we sent it back no dinner for one, the ravioli were Luke warm at best, the other two pasta dishes were no better. I will not return.
- A bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014We recently dined at the Adiamos in Northville MI, and we rate that experience as 5 out of 5 stars. By comparison, the Royal Oak location covered in this review falls short. Our experiences and impressions, in random order: One person of our party of seven was served the wrong dish, and by the time the correct dish arrived, the rest of our group had already finished dinner. The entrees were good, especially the scallops. Waitstaff was a bit quick to retrieve plates before some of our party were finished eating, and two of our party had to reply 'no' not finished yet . All in all, it was an enjoyable experience, but our future trips to Adiamos will be to the Northville location.Special Features: