Andiamo Restaurant + Bar
24 Winter Street
Newburyport, MA 01950Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo Restaurant + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamo-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9782554341x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - closed
Tuesday - 5:00 -9:00
Wednesday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00p
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jim Rogers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Wednesdays- Phil McGowan trio 7-10
Friday- Dan Sky plays Sinatra and other Brat Pack hits 8:30-10:30
A word from Andiamo Restaurant + Bar
Modern, Italian and Mediterranean-influenced cuisine, with an emphasis on artisanal and local ingredients. Using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our pastas, breads, sauces, and mozzarella are made here daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andiamo Restaurant + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- buzzDined on 8/30/2014I was pleasantly surprised at your restaurant. The swordfish was execellent and th atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodGoodNightOutDined on 8/28/2014Food was very good. Waitress was in training and was not receiving help from the other staff and the bar staffSpecial Features:
- Service was the issueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had to wait for server and our cocktails. Asked for 2 waters with lemon, didn't get lemon. Reminded the server and got a dish with two pieces tossed on the table this caused one to fly out onto the table she didn't seem to care. She was not attentive and seemed in a fog relative to good service, she was not very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was very nice and our table was ready when we arrived. Food choice was well rounded and our choices were perfect.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectTthom53Dined on 8/16/2014Not our first trip to Andiamo, but here in a group of three instead of ten last time. Everything was perfect until the end of our dinner, when our waiter simply disappeared, never asked if we wanted dessert, and had to be found to ask for the check. Very attentive otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Again-One Time was good enough.DatenighterDined on 8/16/2014Started with an overly charismatic host/manager was a sign from the start. My intuition told me to turn around then, I should have listened to it. Sent cold meatball appetizer back twice. Also had to send back my filet because it was cold and not even anywhere close to room temperature at my 'medium' request. We were then fast talked by the manager being told my dish would be taken off the bill since we were not having a good night with them. We opted out of our free dessert offer and wanted to leave. We were given a business card for two free desserts for the NEXT time we go and my filet was not removed from the bill. We paid the bill and let the waitress know it was not a reflection on her. No fast smooth talk will get us to go back!!
- Absolutely SpectacularFoodieMammaDined on 8/16/2014The first time we dined at Andiamo, our experience was stellar from start to finish. The host greeted us like old friends, our waiter was cheerful (but not, like, TGIFriday's cheerful) and attentive, and the food...the food was the thing of legend. Actually, I don't know if I was more impressed by the quality and freshness of the food, or the creative and ridiculously delicious options on the cocktail menu. They were both outstanding, and we were absolutely floored by the entire experience. I didn't really expect our second visit to be the slice of fried gold our first visit was...but I was pleasantly surprised when it was all I expected and more. I cannot say enough good things about this place, and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- RoCrowVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Andiamo and we enjoyed it very much; my husband and I shared a delicious salad then I had scallops and he tried the swordfish. All of these were beautifully prepared and a trio of gelato was the perfect finish. Andiamo has an outside seating plus seating in the quite large bar area and we were told that they held a wedding that afternoon- if I knew someone thinking about wedding plans in the area- I would definitely recommend Andiamo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service incredible foodjseidman6Dined on 8/9/2014We went here for my wife's Birthday and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff food and overall experience. I highly recommend Andiamo to anyone looking for a relaxing night out with incredible food and super friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014It was the perfect evening for eating outside. The food was great. We had the short ribs, the burger, shrimp scampi and pasta with meatballs. The bread looked homemade and was delicious. There were three toppings for the bread, jelly, butter and olive oil. Hope to get back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our second visit and we're extremely disappointed with the food. Pasta was undercooked and had too much sauce. None of the 4 of us really enjoyed our meal. The appetizers were good.
- Not GreatWellSeasonedDined on 8/2/2014The night we were there they were busy and it was noisy. It was loud enough that we had to shout at each other. The waitstaff was overly solicitous towards my partner and basically ignored me. The salads and bread w/dippers were great, but the main meal left a lot to be desired. My pasta which was supposed to be Tagliatelle was a very thick fettuccine which was stuck together with basically stewed tomato on it and the vegetables were raw enough so I couldn't cut them with my knife. I have had Italian food in some of the best restaurants, both in the US and in Italy and I am Italian, I was not impressed.
- foodiegirlDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent (five stars) and the service was very attentive. So many different options to try on the menu. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy to navigate the Newburyport scene. Dining room is very cozy. Loved the overall atmosphere. Cocktails at the bar are top notch - hand crafted. Can't wait to go back again and again! This is our new place.Special Features:
- Outstanding DiningMarkandSuzDined on 7/31/2014We truly enjoyed our experience from the welcome by the host, to the attentive service of our server Jamie and of course the food. What a wonderful presentation and the delectable pleasure of each bite. Starting with the homemade bread and each of the three spreads offered were a true highlight. Our dinners came out promptly and were delicious. We cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014The Wednesday night jazz is fantastic. Good food and exceptional music are a perfect combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian in this zip codeLocalDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Lots of potential here. The food is a welcome change from many offerings in the area and the service was very good. The only complaint we had was that the vegetables seemed to be in short supply. The beet salad, so-named, was a heap of delicious lettuce with one small beet quarter on each corner of the square plate. The ingredients were delicious...but they shouldn't call it a beet salad. The short ribs were also delicious but we got exactly 1 glazed carrot on the plate. Apart from those odd ratios, the food was good and there were some creative flavors being blended.Special Features:
- Continues to ImpressNorthShoreDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I keep going back to Andiamo and we continue to be impressed. Our meals were very good, from the appetizers to the desserts. We were greeted and seated promptly by the manager on duty, Chris. The service was attentive and very friendly. Andiamo has a wine list with reasonably priced bottles with a range of styles that should please most. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and slowdiningdivaDined on 7/16/2014There was live music in the restaurant which made conversation difficult. Service was slow, but not sure if that was because it was busy, not enough wait staff or just the way it is. Food was okay - beet salad was gritty from what appeared to be a sugar/salt combo - and too salty. Bolognese sauce tasted almost burned. I was there with people I only see once or twice a year and being able to catch up was key, so the slow service was an advantage in some respects, but detrimental while waiting for cheese for the pasta, when everyone else was eating.
- Exceptional Dining Experienceseal986boxDined on 6/28/2014This was our second time dining at Andiamo's, I had high expectations which were set after our first visit and Andiamo's delivered once again. Food, atmosphere and service were all exceptional. We will definitely return to Andiamo's and suggest that you too treat yourself soon... we are sure you'll be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary party of 8RobinGDined on 6/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the evening! Lily and Matt, our waitstaff were great, well informed about the menu and kitchen abilities, attentive, personable and good-humored without being overbearing! The food was excellent, frito misto, delicious and the green olives were excellent, not too briny! Dining room was lovely, lots of candlelight, chairs comfortable. I would go again!Special Features:
- Something different for NewburyportOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014If you;re looking for something a little more upscale in Newburyport this is the place. From the free valet parking to the friendly atmosphere to the delicious dishes, you won't be disappointed. It's pricey, but for a special night out it's worth it. The spare rib two ways was scrumptious - served as a large succulent rib AND in the ravioli that comes with it. I can't tell you how good it was - just try it. My only objection is that many of the tables are high and there is not enough room for everything you want on the table. So....bigger tables and shorter seating. Other than that I just loved this place. Would like to sit outside next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but needs ambienceiam4ipaDined on 6/21/2014The food is fantastic. The waitress was attentive and had everything you want in a waitress. The dining experience was just right and very pleasant. The sole and only complaint is how the restaurant is decorated. They need an interior decorating consultant to make the dining area look less sterile. It needs decor in order to enhance the dining experience. The dining area now looks like a storage area now. It won't take much to spruce it up and everything will be top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Wed. night music!!luvjazzDined on 6/18/2014We had a very enjoyable evening. Food was great, and the music, a special treat. Service was slow. One at our table had to wait an extremely long time to get her Sangria. This happened again when she ordered a second! Perhaps the waitress had too many tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy but priceyMamaDDined on 6/14/2014THe staff was very accomodating when I needed to push back my reservation and the valet parking is a great feature. The waitress was pleasant and helpful initially but then got busy and Iwas without a drink for a little extended period of time. The food was very tasty but I think a bit over-priced which is why I'd only recommend it for special occasions. THe decor is very minimalist and bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Datenight2Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful cocktails and great wine list. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Pretty good..PnazzDined on 6/6/2014Overall we enjoyed our meals, expected better from all the reviews. My wife had the halibut special, I had the short rib and we had the meatball appetizer. The meatballs were good, not great.. I've had better. My wife enjoyed her meal. My meal was good but about halfway through I was looking for more flavor. Menu said the meal came with caramelized carrots and there was one half of a baby carrot. It was good, but a handful of them would have been nice and probably would have added that extra flavor I needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andiamo Restaurant - Outstanding!Byron1211Dined on 5/31/2014From the appetizers to desert, the food was fantastic and bursting with a variety of flavors. We were a party of six and ordered multiple appetizers, salads and entrees. All were superb and cooked to perfection! The host and waitstaff went above and beyond to make sure our food was to our liking. It is a very cozy restaurant with much charm. The evening couldn't have been more perfect. We were all very impressed. I felt like I was back in Italy savoring the wonderful foods there. Andiamos is a restaurant we will definitely frequent. They are on the top of our list for sure. Definitely exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Andiamo RestaurantMariaDTDined on 5/31/2014Filet was too well-done, ordered medium and came out without any pink at all. Chef would not substitute pasta with potato. Understood and appreciate that they pair entrees and sides. However at dessert was told chef would not allow one ice cream flavor to be substituted for another and thought that was a tad over the top with a prima donna attitude. Not sure if the chef would not allow the ice cream caper or if the server just didn't want to ask. I can forgive bad food for good service, but I cannot forgive bad service for good food. At first was surprised, the restaurant was so quiet on a Saturday, but now I understand. Don't expect they will be around much longer.
- AndiamosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We loved it. The food and service were top notch. Home made breads and salad dressings and cheeses and pastas. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDebC1Dined on 5/30/2014Very much enjoyed the meal and fresh, local ingredients. Server very polite and attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome again!!Luv2play10Us2VIPDined on 5/25/2014Always can count on Andiamo!! The food and drinks are phenomenal!!Special Features:
- Outstanding, but...brellaDined on 5/24/2014I have no complaints at ALL about the restaurant, food, or service. All were genuinely terrific. But we were in a small room with a very, very, very noisy large group in close proximity, and we honestly could not hear each other speak unless we yelled. I know that its very tough for a restaurant to do anything about something like that, but Im wondering if some area rugs on the floor (there were none) would help. It honestly made a potentially perfect occasion less than so. Although the shrimp in the scampi seemed overcooked and tough. the butternut squash ravioli was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the PatioSaturdaynitedinerDined on 5/17/2014Outstanding service. One dish was good and the other mediocre. I will probably not return as I do not feel comfortable at the high top tables and it seems that is mostly what is available inside and out for seating.Special Features:
- dinner a good as the brunchanothermartinipleaseDined on 5/11/2014Thick cut of swordfish, amazing risotto. My Mom had their Bolognese, very good. Aside from other patrons letting their kids run around the dining room, the ambience is casual and comfortable, especially if you have any if their martinis :) I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Mother's Day BrunchAnncatDined on 5/11/2014Been to Andiamo 3 times prior then this's occasion therefore had high expectations. There is no reason for room temperature food and poor service. Restaurant was half full, therefore, no excuse on that part. Our server was difficult to find, as a matter of fact my husband had to go find someone to get us coffee.
- Dining with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Selected this place from the internet using the feedback and ratings on Open Table. Great place, tons of food, great sangria!! Fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Date nightHappyDined on 5/10/2014Host was very nice and accommodating. We had a reservation and got there early. We ordered some drinks at the bar and seated quickly after. Good apps, wine and drinks. Bread is great! Food was delicious. I wish they had a couple specials. There was one and they were all out. Overall very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodKernylDined on 5/10/2014Our food was excellent. We had the beet salad and buratta salad to start. the buratta is like a fresh mozzarella, it is excellent, melts in your mouth. Beet salad was also excellent. My husband ordered the bolognese, piled high and very good. I had the butternut squash ravioli, which I ate slowly as I wanted to savor it. Excellent meals, we will be back. Also, their bread was great!Special Features:
- Date NightDateNightDined on 5/10/2014I will start by saying the food was good. Unfortunately, the service and wait we experienced were unacceptable. We had a 5:15 reservation, and our food did not arrive until 6:50. For the 1.5 hour wait we did have some drinks and bread was brought to us. My wife and I saw every table around us, which was seated and ordered their food after us, receive their food before us. We were given no explanation and when the food was finally brought to us, we were told "don't worry it is worth the wait." Again, the food was good, but a wait of this magnitude seems unacceptable to me. I at the very least wanted an explanation, and would have liked to have been comped a drink or meal. In summation, the service was very poor.Special Features:
- Best bread in townOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014Great service and decent priced food but the cocktails are pricey for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Andiamo Restaurant + Bar reviews archive.