Andiamo Restaurant + Bar
24 Winter Street
Newburyport, MA 01950Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo Restaurant + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamo-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (978) 255-4341
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - closed
Tuesday - 5:00 -9:00
Wednesday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00p
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jim Rogers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Wednesdays- Phil McGowan trio 7-10
Friday- Dan Sky plays Sinatra and other Brat Pack hits 8:30-10:30
A word from Andiamo Restaurant + Bar
Modern, Italian and Mediterranean-influenced cuisine, with an emphasis on artisanal and local ingredients. Using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our pastas, breads, sauces, and mozzarella are made here daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andiamo Restaurant + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (24)romantic (20)hot spot (17)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (12)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Special birthday diningRickDined on 11/19/2014We brought our daughter and her husband to Andiamo's for her birthday. They loved the wine, food and service was great. Lavelle attended to us and was cheerful. The appetizer tasted great and our meals, all different, were wonderful. My daughter is picky and her husband is an executive chef. Both were very pleased and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got there.RicardoDined on 11/16/2014We've lived in the area for over a year and have heard of this place as being great for Italian dining. We went on an early week night as we had heard it could be crowded and noisy towards the end of the week. We were totally satisfied. I had the lamb shank which was cooked to perfection and my wife had the short ribs and she was equally pleased. The Maitre-d (maybe the owner) was very friendly and kept tabs on things. Service was prompt and courteous and we were never rushed. We plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rcintoloDined on 11/8/2014Free parking was a great surprise!! Great atmosphere! Lovely ambience! Really good food....and EXCELLENT service! Food took a long time to even though it was not really crowded...but I had read this in reviews and was expecting it....regardless...GREAT experience!! First time...won't be the last!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food some kinks to work outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food and drinks were great both times we have been here. The only thing that has been an issue was a long delay in the meal both times. Not sure what the cause was but the servers were great. Would recommend this place but be patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodjjpizzaDined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent. We had the eggplant appetizer which was very tasty and then I had the butternut squash ravioli. I have already made reservations to go back and try the salads and the short ribs. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food. Andiamo certainly knows how to create tasty food. The service and the atmosphere was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014From the bread to the dessert, this was a fabulous meal! I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The food is great. Will go back.Howies28Dined on 10/29/2014The food is great and the service is excellent. Our server, Molly was friendly, very knowledgable and very attentive to our needs. The owner, Jim Rogers, is excellent. He delivered our appetizers directly to our table and took the time to speak with us for a bit. I would receommend this restaurant to anybody and everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost GreatOmnivoreVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great service, nice room, interesting cocktails, nice wine selection. My Caesar salad could have used crisper romaine, but my lamb special was excellent. My wife's butternut squash pasta was cloying sweet. It was as if cheese cake had been repurposed. Our friend really enjoyed her swordfish. In a town with some nice restaurants, this place is worth a try.Special Features:
- Very good food....LynneBVIPDined on 10/25/2014I've dined at Andiamo several times and always think the food and service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink and be entertainedTodCampbellDined on 10/22/2014Andiamo has created a great destination on Wednesday night for listening to top notch Jazz!! The resident "Mayor of Jazz in Newburyport," Phil McGowan, brings a different group of extremely talented and jazz loving musicians to join him on drums every week. To sit and enjoy this music accompanied by the great food and drink of Andiamo creates a wonderful and special atmosphere in Newburyport. Reservations are a good idea to get a good seat near the band.Special Features:
- Good food, noisy.pokellyDined on 10/18/2014Like its predecessor in this room , the hard surfaces lead to a quite noisy experience. More importantly, the food was excellent. Our group had the cod special and the duck. All super. The trendy high tables and chairs are impossible to pull in to the table. Not suitable for those of us "approaching our middle years." Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely findmwalimuVIPDined on 10/16/2014On a horrible rainy night, I stopped here to meet a friend. For a last minute pick, it was quite a find. The staff were friendly. The blood orange martini was delicious. The handmade pasta with duck and mushrooms was delicious. I'll be back.
- Foodie ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I were looking for a different venue for dinner. We were very pleased to find Andiamo Resturant. The food was superb! The presentation awesome and service very attentive. It tends to be noisy in the back rooms, but would most definetly return for more good eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerTimeDinnerTimeDined on 10/4/2014Did not meet expectations again, been there like four times. The short ribs were tender, but tasteless and served on a big, cold plate (my first measure for a good restaurant is do they serve the food on a hot plate ?!). The place is notorious for horrendous noise and beats many bars to it. Not a relaxing place to have a cozy dinner with friends.Special Features:
- reviewcaroleDined on 10/4/20144 people 2 good meals two not good. Out of the wine we ordered but no substitute for the same price. Service was fair. Probably will not return although the last time we were there it was good., but not as busySpecial Features:
- Andiamo molto beneLive2EatDined on 10/4/2014A last minute reservation [our fault] got us a small center table between two large loud parties. Still the candlelit ambience was romantic. Our server was attentive but didn't hover. The locally sourced food was delicious, imaginatively prepared and beautifully presented. Nice size servings too: we split a Caesar salad and a flatbread appetizer, and each had leftovers from our entrees- his braised lamb shanks, mine grilled swordfish over risotto. Prices just moderately high- especially for Newburyport. We'd certainly go back for another special occasion- we were celebrating our anniversary. Every staff member- host, valet, server- made us welcome- manners friendly but professional. Oh yes- free valet parking is a nice plus.Special Features:
- Andiamossadie30Dined on 10/3/2014We chose Andiamos to celebrate our anniversary. The setting is lovely and romantic but the food was disappointing. We both ordered the Bolognese. It was a large portion but very salty and watery with very few noodles. I would not have this dish again but might try something else.
- fantastic location - busy thoughmidnightramblerDined on 9/27/2014This is a great little gem with a fantastic location. I may reservations on opentable. when I arrived, I was seated promptly, but would of preferred a better table. ( it was a romantic dinner ) The bread was fantastic, apps were great, but the shrimp scampi tasted burnt and a little watery for my taste. Minus the scampi and table location, I would recommend for a nice night out. Be careful of Fri/Sat nights as they are busy and probably not as attentive as other nights.Special Features:
- disappointing eveningbeachhouseDined on 9/26/2014Poor service we were seated at 7:50 and entrees arrived at 9:15 Our appetizer (antipasti sampling) was mediocre in both presentation and quality.Caesar salads were romaine and bottled dressingl. One entree was the tuna special which was ok but the tuna was not warm in the middle..in fact it was ice cold...not pleasant to the taste buds and the other entree was a long pork chop with a fig sauce, delicata squash and ravioli. The pork was overcooked and the fig sauce was burnt. The delicata squash had the shell but no squash and the 2 ravioli were gummy and also overcooked. The wait person, Meghan apologized to us for the delay in our entrees. Our bill was about $120.00 which is a lot for poor service and mediocre food.
- Great place to dine with friendsRickDined on 9/26/2014Getting together with friends was made special by the service, menu and quality of the food. We enjoy the friendly nature of all the team and especially Jim Rogers when he stops by to greet his guest. Special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok, butwe wouldn't returnColeenDined on 9/20/2014We got to the restaurant a few minutes early and there were very few people there. They placed us in one of the high tables, right behind the hostess station at the door. We could barely hear each other speak! The waitress was attentive at first, but the service was so slow. We ordered drinks (they were great) and she brought bread and different spreads and we ordered. It took at least 45 minutes for us to receive our food. 2 of us had the Pappardelle Al Anatra. It was great. Another member of our party had the Chicken Parm and thought it was good, and one had the Tagliatelle alla Bolognese, that was disappointing as it was basically spaghetti with meat sauce. The servings were large and it was ok, but not worth the money.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!TreatYourselfDined on 9/19/2014The homemade pasta & bread is outstanding! I love the squash ravioli and you can get it in different size plates. Their martini's are creative and a decent size. We like the room in back as it is quieter than the bar area which has live music on Friday night. The service was quicker than the last visit and it was a packed restaurant. Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livetoeatDined on 9/14/2014We went to Andiamo a few weeks ago and loved it so we went back with guests this weekend. Both times we had Kendra as our waitress. She was fantastic, had a great way of describing the dishes and knowledge of wine. She was so helpful and pleasant. The food was outstanding. We did have to segregate the many slices of garlic in two of our meals as they were quite large. Loved the flavor of the dishes though so well worth the effort. What a find.Special Features:
- great foodmaggie13Dined on 9/10/2014Wonderful place..friendly with an extensive Italian menu. But 'the burger' is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance and serviceplateitupDined on 9/9/2014We've been to Andiamo twice and have been relatively pleased with our visits. Their "ribs two ways" is especially tasty - as are the salads. Not crazy about the high seating or close proximity to other tables, and the somewhat small pours on the wine. Drinks seem a bit pricy, but probably comparable to the other upscale restaurants in town. Service is quite good, but the entree came right on top of the salad so we felt a bit rushed by the kitchen. Wished we'd had a bit more time to relax between courses - this did not happen the first time we were here, but during the week the place is a lot less busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night outNorthshoreDinnerVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is very noisy and is poorly decorated.Our table looked into the bath rooms and would frequently get the odors from them.Wines listed on their web site were not available, and wines on the menu were sold out.The service was slow and the waiter could not answer basic questions on the menu. We ordered salad and flat breads which were fair at best.The overall dining experience was poor.We will not give this restaurant a second chance.
- buzzDined on 8/30/2014I was pleasantly surprised at your restaurant. The swordfish was execellent and th atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodGoodNightOutDined on 8/28/2014Food was very good. Waitress was in training and was not receiving help from the other staff and the bar staffSpecial Features:
- Service was the issueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had to wait for server and our cocktails. Asked for 2 waters with lemon, didn't get lemon. Reminded the server and got a dish with two pieces tossed on the table this caused one to fly out onto the table she didn't seem to care. She was not attentive and seemed in a fog relative to good service, she was not very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was very nice and our table was ready when we arrived. Food choice was well rounded and our choices were perfect.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectTthom53Dined on 8/16/2014Not our first trip to Andiamo, but here in a group of three instead of ten last time. Everything was perfect until the end of our dinner, when our waiter simply disappeared, never asked if we wanted dessert, and had to be found to ask for the check. Very attentive otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Again-One Time was good enough.DatenighterDined on 8/16/2014Started with an overly charismatic host/manager was a sign from the start. My intuition told me to turn around then, I should have listened to it. Sent cold meatball appetizer back twice. Also had to send back my filet because it was cold and not even anywhere close to room temperature at my 'medium' request. We were then fast talked by the manager being told my dish would be taken off the bill since we were not having a good night with them. We opted out of our free dessert offer and wanted to leave. We were given a business card for two free desserts for the NEXT time we go and my filet was not removed from the bill. We paid the bill and let the waitress know it was not a reflection on her. No fast smooth talk will get us to go back!!
- Absolutely SpectacularFoodieMammaDined on 8/16/2014The first time we dined at Andiamo, our experience was stellar from start to finish. The host greeted us like old friends, our waiter was cheerful (but not, like, TGIFriday's cheerful) and attentive, and the food...the food was the thing of legend. Actually, I don't know if I was more impressed by the quality and freshness of the food, or the creative and ridiculously delicious options on the cocktail menu. They were both outstanding, and we were absolutely floored by the entire experience. I didn't really expect our second visit to be the slice of fried gold our first visit was...but I was pleasantly surprised when it was all I expected and more. I cannot say enough good things about this place, and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- RoCrowVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Andiamo and we enjoyed it very much; my husband and I shared a delicious salad then I had scallops and he tried the swordfish. All of these were beautifully prepared and a trio of gelato was the perfect finish. Andiamo has an outside seating plus seating in the quite large bar area and we were told that they held a wedding that afternoon- if I knew someone thinking about wedding plans in the area- I would definitely recommend Andiamo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service incredible foodjseidman6Dined on 8/9/2014We went here for my wife's Birthday and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff food and overall experience. I highly recommend Andiamo to anyone looking for a relaxing night out with incredible food and super friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014It was the perfect evening for eating outside. The food was great. We had the short ribs, the burger, shrimp scampi and pasta with meatballs. The bread looked homemade and was delicious. There were three toppings for the bread, jelly, butter and olive oil. Hope to get back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our second visit and we're extremely disappointed with the food. Pasta was undercooked and had too much sauce. None of the 4 of us really enjoyed our meal. The appetizers were good.
- Good food, weird seatingBTBOSVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food wwas very good, but the seating seamed to be strange. not sure I like the high tables randomly when you first walk in. Bar was great, nice cozy bar scene with good bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatWellSeasonedDined on 8/2/2014The night we were there they were busy and it was noisy. It was loud enough that we had to shout at each other. The waitstaff was overly solicitous towards my partner and basically ignored me. The salads and bread w/dippers were great, but the main meal left a lot to be desired. My pasta which was supposed to be Tagliatelle was a very thick fettuccine which was stuck together with basically stewed tomato on it and the vegetables were raw enough so I couldn't cut them with my knife. I have had Italian food in some of the best restaurants, both in the US and in Italy and I am Italian, I was not impressed.
- foodiegirlDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent (five stars) and the service was very attentive. So many different options to try on the menu. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy to navigate the Newburyport scene. Dining room is very cozy. Loved the overall atmosphere. Cocktails at the bar are top notch - hand crafted. Can't wait to go back again and again! This is our new place.Special Features: