Andiamo Italian Bistro - Sterling Heights
14425 Lakeside Circle
Sterling Heights, MI 48036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo Italian Bistro - Sterling Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamoitalia.com/
- Phone: (586) 532-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Frank Djokovic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Andiamo Italian Bistro cater your next event. Our expert staff will arrange the perfect menu for your office luncheon, business meeting or personal at home event.
- Private Party Facilities: Andiamo Italian Bistro - Sterling Heights offers two semi-private room that can accommodate parties up to 50-55 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Fran 5865328800
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings. Easy listening, contemporary music.
A word from Andiamo Italian Bistro - Sterling Heights
A true taste of Italy. Come and experience why Andiamo offers a truly unique dining experience. Andiamo it not a commercial chain restaurant. It is family owned and operated for over 23 years. All of our pasta is housemade, our fish is flown in whole, daily , to ensure freshness, our meats are dry aged a minimum of 29 days to ensure great flavor and tenderness. Our service is experienced and professional. Our wine list offers selections to meet everyones budget and palate. Stop in and see why Andiamo is a step above the rest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Andiamo Italian Bistro - Sterling Heights - Best Restaurants in Sterling Heights ›
Andiamo Italian Bistro - Sterling Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (18)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always great!CanaDaveDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I are from Canada and we always make it a point to eat at Andiamo whenever we go on our shopping trips. The food is always great, the service is outstanding. We have never been disappointed and we will continue to make eating at Andiamo a priority whenever we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newer menu2carbloversDined on 11/7/2014We noticed the menu was changed since the last time we dined at Andiamo. My husband and I each ordered a new item and we were not disappointed. Then the waitress told us a little more about a few other new items on the menu. Now we are excited to return and try those items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service this timeJustjoelDined on 11/7/2014As always, the food was excellent. This time, the experience was lessened by a long wait for a waitress, and subpar service. There were 3 of the waitstaff standing in a group talking for each other. We finally had to ask a passing busboy to get us a waitress about 10 minutes after we had been seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing new menuRedheadVIPDined on 11/2/2014The new menu is 1 large page - laminated (like Big Boy). The prices are higher on some items like the plain pasta w/sauce & portions less. The main feature is flatbreads. Many of the prior dinner choices are gone. They no longer offer the Italian vinaigrette for salads. I ordered the chicken picata & found the pasta to be a small amount of plain spagetti on my plate rather than the small plate of pasta w/ sauce served prior to dinner they previously offered. The nice Italian sliced bakery bread assortment has been replaced with white bread rolls They are good but not as flavorable & healthy as the former Italian bread & wheat bread basket. Most disappointing. We have been regulars for years but will look for other options going forward.
- downhilldiningGrandpaDonDined on 11/1/2014We had a nice table and a good waiter and a nice glass of wine. The bread and sauce were very good. That's where the good ended. The "Brick Chicken" was reheated and quite tough. The waiter said it might seem tough because it was reheated but this chicken was very tough. My wifes dish was just OK. We paid top dollar for a meal that would have been better done at Olive Garden at half the price.
- KengDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food and service as usual. Always an outstanding menu with new items.Special Features:
- Andiamo Sterling HtsLakesideDined on 10/30/2014We went the first week of the new menu. Food was very good. Some items that used to be there are no longer (veal chop) which is my favorite. You no longer get spaghetti before the entree. The server seemed to be in a hurry. She took the breadsticks off the table before we were done with them then knocked over a glass of water. She didn't replace the napkin or the silverware that she took away when cleaning the table. Food was excellent and this is the first of many visits that we have had any problems with service. Maybe they could bring back the veal chop as a special. There were no specials which there are usually one or two. Still excellent. Just miss some things from the old menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, nice experienceKarenBVIPDined on 10/12/2014we met friends for a late lunch, quiet atmosphere and were enjoying a nice antipasto and wine when a large family was seated in the room - the kids were loud and baby crying etc. not the restaurant's fault certainly but did not enhance the experience. Food was great, they accommodated subs - double vegetables and adding mushrooms cheerfully. Had a couple of house wines which were good as well. The carrot cake was exceptional - very involved friendly waiter, annoyed me but my bff loved him:)
- StaticSad2sayDined on 9/27/2014Nothing changes. Menu is average, really never changes. Service is great, servers work hard to please. Andiamos appears to be resting on the past. Needs to update and change menu often. As much as I enjoyed Andiamos in the past, this was likely our last visit for a while.Special Features:
- Waiter disappeared for 30 minutesKylesdinningDined on 9/19/2014Horrible service. Waiter did not great us until we sat for 12 minutes. When he did show it was in slow motion and he just disappeared for over 30 minutes. We asked the water kid to find him he couldn't so he asked a waitress and she said " oh him, he always disappears. Good luck at finding him". When he finally returned he couldn't even talk plain. Horrible!!Special Features:
- neighborDined on 9/13/2014Food is always good! Love the atmosphere! Our server Cencia is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!toolmanDined on 9/13/2014I have only had great times when dinning at this lovely restaurant . Only negative was the last time we were there they ran out of the wine my bride drinks , other then that service was awesome and so was the food .Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSirEatoutalotDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was great. Staff was attentive and very nice. Only negative was the live music never showed up and that was one of the main reasons I chose the location for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date night248jennmDined on 9/12/2014Im happy to say but Andiamo has stepped up their game! We used to go all the time and stopped because the food really went down hill. Well Im glad we gave them another try, our food was GREAT and so was the service. We will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- Nice Upscale FeelPazeDined on 9/7/2014Very nice setting. Nice upscale feel to the place. I took a date for a romantic dinner date. It was quiet, good service and the food was good. I had no complaints. The Waiter was friendly, took his time to listen and did not rush us at all. Very nice dinning experience. I would definitely book another dinner reservation at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerRichieDined on 8/31/2014Great food and very quiet. Lobster stuffed shells very full. Sauce so good used bread to sop up the remainder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuedDined on 8/29/2014Food was very good and the waiter was attentive until it was time to cash out. Had to wait much too long to receive the check and complete our transaction.Special Features:
- fantastic restaurantRico23Dined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere, and really romantic place for a special occasion. The food was exquisite! Best Italian food in all Macomb county!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANDIAMO RESTAURANT EXPERIENCEDENSOJIMDined on 8/22/2014THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO EAT. FABULOUS MENU, GREAT SERVICE, GOOD PRICING. EVERY TIME MY WIFE AND I GO THERE WE ALWAYS GET SOMETHING DIFFERENT. HAVEN'T BEEN DISAPPOINTED YET. TRY THE WHITEFISH SICILIANA, OR THE CHICKEN MARSALA. BOTH VERY GOOD. WAITRESS FORGOT TO MENTION THE SPECIALS OF THE DAY, IF THAT HAPPENS, MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR THEM. GREAT BREAD BASKET AS WELLSpecial Features:
- Dining OutJandK2Dined on 8/22/2014This is our go-to restaurant and the restaurant we recommend to those that ask!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant for 30 yearsjeriwi27Dined on 8/16/2014I have loved this restaurant for its great food and atmosphere for many years. It has been our go-to spot for many special occasions. The quality of meat is exceptional! The service is excellent too. Many table are private and great for conversation. There are also large tables for families and a great room for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I have just added Andiamo's to my list of fine restaurants. The food is great and so is the service. I will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Dining!!!LoveGreatFood2Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated our 11th Anniversary August 16,2014. This was our first time at Andiamo. The food was very good (Big portions) and the wait staff was very attentive. The place was spotless. I did not like the security cameras above the tables. I know that a business owner has to protect himself against losses, but I feel the cameras should be by the door, not watching everyone eat or watching the employees. The whole experience was rushed for me. I felt like we were being rushed to eat then pushed out the door. The place was not very crowded either! Being our Anniversary, I was hoping for something a little bit more relaxed. Based on this visit, I don't know if I will go back again & I am not sure if I would recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014The food and service were excellent. A little pricey.Special Features:
- Scrumptious!Mjsmom827Dined on 8/9/2014The suppi from the appetizer menu is absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service!!!PamOllyDined on 8/7/2014While the food was good (the lasagna met expectations but the scallops/pasta were over the top! and the dessert was to die for), what made this meal memorable was the service. Andrew V sets the gold standard for wait staffs. His attentiveness, knowledge of the menu and recommendations were all on target. Always hovering nearby, any whim we could come up with, Andrew met graciously and with a smile. This guy should be the head waiter/instructor for all of Andiamo's wait staff. What a pleasurable meal this was - thanks so much to Andrew V.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDayenightDined on 8/2/2014First date night in 2yrs. Andiamo Italian was the perfect place to enjoy a evening out with the lady. Food was very good. The wine flowed and service was top notch. Can't wait to do it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinner was delicioussnoopaloopDined on 7/31/2014This was our first time at this Andiamos, and only our second time ever dining at an Andiamos. The service was excellent. Lovely ambiance. The dinner was superb - had a chicken dish and a stuffed salmon dish. Both delicious. We weren't very impressed with the soups however. Ministrone lacked flavor. The onion soup was more of a stew with very little broth. However, we would return because we enjoyed the entrees so much.Special Features:
- The following 506 reviews are from the Andiamo Italian Bistro - Sterling Heights reviews archive.
- The worst service I've ever had!Arlette85Dined on 7/25/2014It took 20 minutes for our waitress to get to us, even though we made reservations, and it was my birthday. Then she takes our drink order, that comes back wrong, and it took about 15 minutes to get the right drink. When she comes back to take our order, we find out that they were out of the meal we wanted. Then I tell the waitress to give me and my husband a minute to decide if we want to stay or not, she takes the menus and speeds off, then comes back another 15 minutes later and asks if we've decider, but we had to inform her she took the menus! It was just horrible! To top it off, she told me how pretty I looked, and then asked me if I was wearing contacts!!! There are black women with green eyes! How rude!!!
- First visitDaringdinerDined on 7/25/2014This was the first time my wife and I dined here, it was my birthday.....it was okay....but nothing special.....very tasteful decor .....The menu is a little restrictive and not really value for money......but then again it's a franchise. The best feature is the bar and music area with first class musicians.....but drinks are expensive....Special Features:
- FoodGreatfdDined on 7/25/2014Food is great authentic Italian in a relaxing environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014I had a rewards points card but I lost it. Can it be replaced?Special Features:
- Great foodlove2dineDined on 7/12/2014The food and service was excellent! Great for special occasion or just to have nice meal.Special Features:
- Strange ExperienceObjectivedinerDined on 7/3/2014Overall strange experience. Wine took forever to come, waiter asked us for our order after he had taken it, we had to request bread twice, two of the three dinners were lukewarm, waiter again asked us about questions on the menu after he tried to take the order twice....very melodramatic and invasive into our dinner. Felt like we were at a sitcom about a bad dining experience.
- Great foodFoodNews1Dined on 7/2/2014The food was delicious and the wait staff was very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDiner5000Dined on 6/27/2014Dinged for noise level because there was live music in the bar plus recorded music in the signing area. The band was loud enough to be heard throughout the restaurant...and so was the recorded music. That was a bit annoying. Otherwise, our food was delicious and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supurb dining experienceblesseddinerDined on 6/21/2014Service was excellent. Food was excellent. My 84 year old father said it was one of the best steaks he has ever had. It was a wonderful dining experience to celebrate my 63rd birthday. And my 84 year old mother thoroughly enjoyed the carry out pasta that we brought home for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family6Dined on 6/19/2014The food and service were outstanding during our recent visit . As a family of six we were celebrating my husbands birthday the wait staff could not of been nicer, informative and friendly. The food and wine also were outstanding. We will be back and will share our experience with others. The noise from the bar was very loud , just a group having to much fun.Special Features:
- Ecellent DiningKengDined on 6/15/2014We experienced the usual Andiamo excellence this time. The menu seems to have been revamped - perhaps for the summer season. The selection is very good with a variety of choices.Special Features:
- Average food poor serviceLaveDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's day - very disappointing. Steak under cook, seating in a back room at card tables. Slow service, over booked.