Andiamo Trattoria - Grosse Pointe Woods
20930 Mack Avenue
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo Trattoria - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamoitalia.com/grosse_pointe/index.html
- Phone: 3138869933
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout
- Catering: Trattoria Andiamo can would be honored to cater your next function at the location of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: Trattoria Andiamo can accommodate parties of up to 80 guests.
A word from Andiamo Trattoria - Grosse Pointe Woods
Located on Detroit's east side in Grosse Pointe Woods, reminiscent of a home-style restaurant in Italy, this friendly trattoria is just right for casual, family dining. Featuring a real brick pizza oven and big portions, Trattoria Andiamo also has a fabulous Piano bar. Reservations accepted, extensive wine list, bar is cigar friendly, handicap accessible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andiamo Trattoria - Grosse Pointe Woods reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good, as always!CarnivoraciousDined on 10/13/2014Great selection of great food, good wine list, excellent service. Could have done with a less obtrusive "Piano Man", but the instrumentals were nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnermarieDined on 9/28/2014everything was great ... super food ! love the Filet Mignon ! zip sauce is my favorite !Special Features:
- Special OccassionJoycegriffDined on 9/28/2014Celebrated an engagement! Food was wonderful service was exceptional! It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying too Hard?larrypeplinDined on 9/25/2014Andiamo Trattoria has been one of our favorites for years, but we have begun to sense that it is not as consistently good as we originally thought. A new entree list is enticing, yet the actual food is on the edge of disappointing. Even their pizzas have not been as good as we remember them from a few years back. Not sure what this is about. Their service and ambiance is always nice, no issues there, but there's just something about the food...Special Features:
- DependableSimplepleasuresDined on 9/16/2014I have like this restaurant for years. It is a great place to get a glass of good wine and delicious appetizers. Food is always good & you don't need to order a big dinner to feel satisfied.Special Features:
- kjlgpwDined on 8/31/2014My wife & I have eaten at both the Royal Oak Andiamo and the GPW Andiamo. In July I was shocked to be charged $12.50 for a Canadian Club Manhattan at the Royal Oak location. But at the GPW location the same drink was $7.50 which was much more inline with other restaurants. Why the huge difference? The food is always great at both locations.Special Features:
- FoodeatingoutDined on 8/31/2014The food for three out of the four of us was very good. One person's tortellini was very undercooked and very hard. I tried to get her to send it back but she didn't want to wait. I did taste it and the sauce wasn't that flavorful, either. My Chicken Allo was very good as was the minestone soup. Prices have really risen in the past few years since I've been there.Special Features:
- Very nicesiilentkoalaDined on 8/21/2014A very nice night out with my boyfriend. We loved the food and can't wait to come back for more!Special Features:
- redwingjimDined on 7/7/2014food delicious, service tremendous......enough said!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice Weekday Dinner DatetableforlovefordDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I walked here for dinner on a Wednesday night. I have been to other Andiamo locations several times but this was the first stop at the one just blocks away from us. The Ambiance here is nice, we aren't picky about tables, but there is a nice patio and some cozy looking booths along the wall. Their wine list is extensive, and they often have happy hour and monthly specials. My husband ordered one of their featured specials- the Cajun Chicken- and loved it. I was jealous of his meal the whole time. I ordered the Airline Chicken, and although not bad, I thought it a little on the too sweet side. The portions were great for the price, and our service was phenomenal. We will back, I will just choose a different entree.Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the Andiamo Trattoria - Grosse Pointe Woods reviews archive.
- Perfect dinnerFab50momDined on 6/22/2014Andiamo Trattoria makes the best lasagna in Michigan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite AndiamoJust4FunDined on 5/15/2014This has always been my favorite out of the Andiamo restaurants..... the food is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegent DiningDaveDined on 4/27/2014Our first visit and it was outstanding! It was my wife's Birthday and we were treated better then family. The food was excellent, you can't make a bad choice when ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014as always the service is fabulous, and the food is great. nice place to have a quiet dinner with the family, where you can actually talk to each other with out screaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been rare that I havemikeDined on 2/27/2014It has been rare that I have not had a great dining experience at the Grosse pointe Woods restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Neighborhood SpotlarrypeplinDined on 1/23/2014Andiamo Trattoria has been one of our go-to spots for a long time. It's pricey, and the wines are very good but expensive. Not for every week, but it's a treat to be able to go with a couple of friends and chill.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner for CouplesScottDined on 1/13/2014I heard about Andiamo for years, but never visited one until Monday night. Our waitress, Katie L, and our food was great. We'll definitely come back to another Andiamo for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2013My husband keeps talking about the amazing food, especially the portbello mushrooms in zip sauce! He had steak and said it was cooked to perfection and I had the salmon which was fantastic. Great wine list and deserts as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Over-eager ServiceMaggieDined on 12/29/2013We had a very good meal at Andiamo Trattoria - traditional Italian food in reasonable (not over-large or too small) portions. The service was friendly and attentive, but we thought we were being rushed - to choose a wine, to order and then (pet peeve) to have plates removed almost before people were finished. We'd go back - it's a very pleasant place - but would like to feel less rushed.Special Features:
- Hidden quiet GemErichDined on 12/19/2013This restaurant was actually pretty nice. Hard to find as it is at a corner and if you blink your eyes, you will probably miss it. I took my staff here for a christmas dinner and was happy to do so as they were able to acomodate 14 of us quite easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday TraditiongreatbdayDined on 12/18/2013For a couple years now, for family members birthday's, we have been coming to this restaurant to celebrate. For the grandparents, aunts, uncles, the kids, these dinners have become some of the highlights of the year. Great laughs, wonderful conversations, and memories that will last a life time.Special Features:
- Like many restaurants as theMichaelDined on 12/17/2013Like many restaurants as the holidays approach, Trattoria was far busier this day than the staff was able to attend to. This is not normally a problem here, and the continues to be the 'go to' restaurant for a terrific lunch in the Grosse Pointe area.Special Features:
- Hits the spotPhilDined on 11/20/2013The right mix of good food, good service and good ambiance makes it a great place to dine. Whether it is business or pleasure,you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianFab50momDined on 11/19/2013Andiamos has the best lasagna anywhere! The dessert tray is so beautiful you will want to try every item.Special Features:
- Love the food ...excellentGrossePointerDined on 10/24/2013Love the food ...excellent selections of wine. Very consistent and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday OutingJoanieDined on 9/15/2013Recently celebrated my sister's birthday at Andiamo Trattoria. The food was fab and what made it even better was they were running a four course meal for $20! A little tough to carry on conversation but our group was rather large so I don't fault the restaurant. It's a gem in GPW- large enough to accommodate groups, but small enough to feel like a neighborhood family restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside DiningParTof5Dined on 9/9/2013We chose Trattoria because of the available outdoor patio dining. This makes dining with our family much more enjoyable as we have a child with special needs and we don't want to disturb other diners. Also, the food is always good and the wait staff is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceGPdinerDined on 8/20/2013Food and ambiance good. Service a bit uneven. Had to wait 20 minutes to get butter for our bread -we also didn't know we had to request it. (The" sea salt butter" had no taste).Had to pour our own wine during dinner. The CHICKEN CACCIATORE soup was a nice surprise.. CLAMS AND LINGUINI w OIL also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. AtmosphereafricanbeeDined on 8/19/2013The food was excellent. Atmosphere was comfortable. Our server, Peggy, was particularly attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ Andiamo's in GPWSpiceyDined on 8/16/2013Really great, fresh food. Lots of great choices. I had the stuffed salmon with crab and it was delicious. I only wish the portion size was more for what I paid. The salmon itself was extremely small. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience and I will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyJohnDined on 8/8/2013This is a place to go for good food and good service. Love their seafood and pastas. Occasional hiccup - soft shell crab too salty to eat - but that's a rare occurrence. Give them a try - they won't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great!! shedTeddDined on 7/17/2013The food was great!! shed outAlthough the service was very good, it was a little fast, like we were being pushed outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating 35cottieDined on 7/15/2013My husband and I wanted an evening out to celebrate our 35th. We did not want dinner and a movie so we decided dinner and the piano playing in the background would be a romantic touch. We had a delicious meal, a nice bottle of wine and a very nice time. The food was great we chose from the Chefs specialties, and the waitress was very nice and attentive. Afterwards we went to the bar side and listened enjoyed more music and a drink. Again, the bartender was very nice and the music was awesome. We plan on doing this all again very soon. Not waiting for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for leisurely lunch!LanaDined on 7/7/2013I had lunch with two friends on a Sunday afternoon and was delighted with both the service and the food. The service was attentive and there was never a feeling of being either rushed or ignored, the setting was low key and pleasant and my whitefish was cooked perfectly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013Minestrone soup was great, the pasta was thick and chewy, the main course (pork chop) was fine - albeit simply prepared.
- Went for the Coastal CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Went for the Coastal Cuisine menu and the scallop dish was outstanding! The lobster pappardalle dish was good but needed more sauce. Overall their food is delightful and that caprese salad mozzerella was melt in your mouth delish. Would've bumpded it up a notch with heirloom tomatoes but still good.Special Features:
- Really loved the quiet atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2013Really loved the quiet atmosphere and background music, not to mention the food and service was great. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Cost is high for lunch comparedGraceVIPDined on 3/28/2013Cost is high for lunch compared to other restaurants
- My only negative thing toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2013My only negative thing to say, I requested a large booth and was ushered to a smaller one. Perhaps it was because there were 3 of us and not five. the restaurant was not busy and other parties of two were ushered to a large booth. ????
- Any Andiamos but this one!DustysitDined on 3/17/2013Waiter was cocky, food was way over cooked, asked for medium rare and 2 out of the 4 filets were WELL done. Even the pasta was overcooked. Will NEVER go back to that Andiamos again! All 4 adults felt the same way.