Andiamo - Riverfront
400 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo - Riverfront
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamoitalia.com/
- Phone: 3135676700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Edward Bailey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Andiamo - Riverfront can cater your event for 20 to 3,000 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Andiamo - Riverfront can accommodate up to 1200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alison Nowinski 3135676700
- Entertainment: Party dance music.
A word from Andiamo - Riverfront
Enjoy the excitement of downtown Detroit at water's edge in the beautiful Renaissance Center Winter Garden. Andiamo - Riverfront offers fabulous authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Andiamo - Riverfront - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Andiamo - Riverfront reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (89)special occasion (68)romantic (54)great for outdoor dining (52)good for groups (32)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)Show More
- Overpriced Italian fooDanparkerVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went too evenings in a row. While they make a big fuss the wait staff are not very effective, forget to give silverware, disappear when the bill is due. On the second meal she forgot the pasta that came with our meals. The food itself is basic and over flavored despite sounding great on the menu. Had much better meals for the price.
- Nothing special for the price paidrttoooDined on 9/11/2014We received a $100 gift certificate to use at this restaurant. The food was good but not memorable. $36 for 4 scallops and a few veggies. $39 for a sheet of pasta w/some seafood & veggies. $10 for a glass of wine. The salad was small & tired but the dressing was good. The highlight was dessert. The "kitkat" bar & chocolate mousse cup were outstanding, but $9 each. Our server (Abul) needs more training. Nice guy, but didn't tell us about specials, and never offered us more coffee. We'd rather spend less for more imaginative food at a place like The Root in White Lake or Grove in Grand Rapids. This wasn't worth the trip downtown or the $9 to park. We won't be back.Special Features:
- GerryCVIPDined on 9/10/2014Andiamo Riverfront has the advantage of being in Detroit's top convention headquarters hotel. This fills the restaurant to overflowing when a show is underway in Cobo Center, just down the street. Our visit was in the middle of the 21st World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, so Andiamo was full to the gunwhales. Noisy to the point of making conversation difficult. Sevice was spotty. Food, nonetheless, was great. Our message -- check the downtown calendar before venturing to Andiamo Riverfront.
- Don't like going on the weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Not on a private date on the weekend! Food Was SubparSpecial Features:
- Slow serviceDkpzy1Dined on 9/6/2014Appeared to be a bit understaffed but the food was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalSteveLindaDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great food and great wine. Coco was absolutely wonderful!!Special Features:
- Charming and personableIllbebackDined on 8/31/2014Michelle the hostess was very accommodating. I had made a reservation for 6:30 and my girlfriend could not be there until 7. Then she got stuck in the madness of the jazz festival. I called to ask for the time changes and very much Michelle accommodated me. Our server Nathalie, as busy as she was, at no time did she make us feel rushed. Very knowledgeable of the menu and the wine list. And at the end of the night my girlfriend wanted a drink and to sit outside. Mathew the manager was very accommodating. He served us our drinks and surprisingly the fireworks went off and that made for a spectacular end to a great evening. Thanks again to your staff and particularly all three people that were mentioned. You are exactly what service is about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJohnDined on 8/31/2014This was another great evening for my wife and I. Food was terrific and service was outstanding just as we expected. This is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andiamo's riverfrontjwfoDined on 8/31/2014The view of the Detroit is great. We all had pasta entrees. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauces were delicious. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and attentive. I needed a special salad which the restaurant was happy to prepare. Since the meals are made from scratch people with special diets can be accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We booked our reservation way in advance. I called ahead to make sure staff knew that I was looking for a quiet elegant dining experience!! They placed us by the patio door that slammed open an closed every 5 minutes. We pulled our chairs to find chunks of food on them had to wait until it was cleaned off just brushed in the floor!! They placed us next to a surprise party so tons of screaming an loud talking couldn't even hear ourselves talk!! My fiance plate was so hot she burnt her arm and left a mark when Reaching for the fork. My steak was so tough couldn't chew it but at this point we were ready to go. We didn't complain Paid our 174.00 bill plus a 40.00 tip very disappointedSpecial Features:
- excellent except one bad dishkbmiDined on 8/29/2014The food quality overall was excellent. However I really did not like the Veal Medallions alla Milanese - just unappetizing, greasy fried meat, unchewable tomatos and and sauce tasted like soap. Recommend to take it off the menu. Everything else was top-notch. (fresh green beans were great)Special Features:
- ReviewerDined on 8/27/2014I like the ambiance of the restaurant. However, some of the the food is average. New England clam chowder and chicken and shrimp dish definitely need improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a romantic placeOneWondersHowDined on 8/25/2014This place was amazing from the food and service to the romantic ambience and wonderful scenery. We sat by the window overlooking the riverfront and as it got dark out the view became even more beautiful then when we sat down. The amount and quality of food you get for the price is outstanding and the server was extremely attentive. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an amazing restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not BotherMe234Dined on 8/17/2014Both visits to this restaurant have been horrible. Dirty coffee cups. Dirty napkins that our fresh bread was brought to us in. Food not cooked to order. Steaks were over cooked both visits. The wait for our food exceeded 45 minutes. We were told there were problems in the kitchen both visits. A complete waste of time and money. So many better choices out there
- 23Rd Anniversary23yrsDined on 8/10/2014Excellent atmosphere, exquisite dining, superb staff, amazing view. We will be back as we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and the food was great (especially the risotto!), the service was great, and we loved sitting outside looking over the river. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service/foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014restaurant was out of several items, waiter never did bring us any bread. He offered bread at dessert when we asked if we were suppose to get bread. Food was just good, we have eaten at the Dearborn location several times and the service and food far exceeds the Riverfront location.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSS23AnniversaryDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary, with the exception of a small mishap regarding our online reservations through open table(they didn't show in the computer); we were accommodated immediately and were able to share a beautiful intimate dinner which is exactly what we were looking for. Our dinner was amazing and so was the service. From there we enjoyed the awesome sounding band that played. Overall, Andiamo-Riverfront was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. I'd recommend it many times over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pastamenCDined on 8/5/2014The dining experience was deliciously wonderful with a spectacular view of the Detroit River. Our waitress was friendly, bubbly and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. Also, Emilleeanne was very attentive and professional. All the dishes were fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsRemeedDined on 8/2/2014Nice riverfront views. Wide selecton on menu with friendly attentive service. Able to order items not on menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andiamo DetroitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Went here to celebrate a 21st birthday and noted that when making the reservation. The hostess did not say anything, and the Waitor basically did nothing to make it special. I did not expect a lot of fanfare, but some acknowledgement would have been nice, or maybe a free drink for the individual whose birthday it was. Bus staff was taking silverware near the end of our meal while we were still eating. Felt rushed and they were not busy. I would not go here for a special occasion again as they did nothing to make it special. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Food under parfashionistaDined on 7/19/2014Service was not above average and the food portion is so very small which would have been fine if the flavour had been memorable but it was not. My salmon was dry, vegetables were overcooked and starter salad was ordinary. My husband's chicken was also dry and a smail portion as well. We both left hungry. The best thing about the dinner was my cosmo and the live music. We will not be returning for the quality received versus the price we paid.Special Features:
- Too many tables for lunchFrequentDinerDined on 7/16/2014There were far too many tables too close together for lunch, and it was very noisy and cramped. Not a nice pleasant dining experience to which I have become accustomed for Andiamo. I ordered a salad that is only made at this location and which I have had on several occasions in the past. First the waitress brought our table the wrong dishes, then my salad arrived like it had been thrown together, with very little beets, feta and the dressing was not sufficiently mixed, it was all olive oil. The waitress then began to explain to me what the salad dressing was as if I didn't know. I had to send it back and asked for it to be remade to go. The second presentation, in a plastic carryout container looked and eventually tasted much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulhappycamperDined on 7/14/2014my wife and I celebrated our 39th. wedding anniversary. We had been there before and found the service and food to be a real delight. I would recommend it easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Food needs HelpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We were celebrate a special occasion and though the service was great, the food unfortunately was very poor and extremely overpriced for the quality. It was quite a disappointment for our celebration.Special Features:
- My Detroit FavoritePepperMonroeDined on 7/12/2014We had dinner on the patio on Saturday, 7-12. What a wonderful evening. The food was excellent as we've come to depend on when dining at any Andiamo restaurant (but the Riverfront is by far our favorite). I had the Beef Tips/Portabella Mushrooms with Zip Sauce and my friend had the Large Meatball - both were to die for. (When eating on the patio, folks have to keep in mind that the food might not be as hot, as it cools off quickly.) The wine was also very good as was the Up North Martini. It was also nice to see the manager, Mike, walking around checking to be sure everyone was happy. We're from downriver and it's a hike to get there, but well worth it! Thank you again Andiamo for the memorable evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Really disappointed in the food. Chicken quite dry. Have had better food there in the past. Great views of the waterfront provide a relaxing environment
- DeliciousYummyDined on 7/9/2014My date and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed.Zachriley452Dined on 7/5/2014The food was very bland. No real flavor on fish or chicken dish. Service was very slow.Special Features:
- good food but slow servicemm1970Dined on 7/5/2014Food taste was excellent, portion sizes per price, not desirable. Service was polite, and good, but slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Never Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I had booked the reservation and was very excited to bring my husband for his 31st Birthday. We were early since we came across from Canada and I was very please they were able to accommodate us. I had asked for a great view of the skyline and was told we can't make any promises but we'll try. We get there and I have a view of the door jam... The photo online was was what I was expecting :( we thought we'll this won't ruin our night. We started out with 2 appetizers calamari and andiamo suppli... The calamari was ok but the suppli was very dry and cold. The pasta is served on a side dish, noodles and sauce were cold and tasted from a can. The main dish was warm but nothing I would ever go back for.. Overall a very disappointing...
- Riverfront crashOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The achingly slow service ruined the evening. Water, bread, taking the order, bringing the order were all tediously slow - the only prompt portion was bringing us the bills! The tablecloth had a wine stain on it and don't look down at the window sills as they were dusty and the wait staff uniforms were filthy. The food was good when we finally received it :( . Expecting so much more but was let down.Special Features:
- Great Experience!IAmAFoodieDined on 7/3/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my first time visiting Andiamo - Riverfront. I had always wanted to visit this restaurant because I am a fan of Italian cuisine. Although the food was not what I expected in regards to taste, I truly have no complaints. They handled all of my needs in a major way. My girlfriend was very pleased with her birthday dinner which is all that matters because that is why we visited. It was absolutely wonderful and I would recommend anyone to visit the establishment. Thank you Andiamo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Went here for our anniversary ,would not go again. Everything was wonderful except the food. Had a Salmon pasta dish that had so much oil that it could have been drained into a cup. Made the mistake of ordering the bread pudding which was very dry and blan. Spoke with some friends after and they had the same expire emcee wish I would have talk to them first could of saved half the cost and enjoyed my meal.
- Good food!Marie42Dined on 7/1/2014The setting was great, and food waste good. The reason I rated the food a 3 is because I found a large piece of plastic in my pasta and the steak was a little rough, other than that the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meals were not good!PreciousDined on 6/30/2014The atmosphere was nice, but the meals were not good. Both of our meals were returned plus the two tables around us sent their meals back.
- So Impressive!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014I chose Andiamo's for our special "girls' weekend" dinner prior to seeing Wizard of Oz at the Opera House. Great meals for all 3 of us, server Scott was a gem and the view was amazing. We chose to be seated inside by a window with a view. Thouroughly enjoyed our time there - - would highly recommend Andiamo's.Special Features:
- We were with good friendsRocketDined on 6/26/2014Filet was very good and prepared perfectly...the zip sauce was to die for. Waitress was okay but always upselling ( Appetisers, salad add-ons, dinner ad-ons, dessert, etc. ) I ordered a Manhattan and it came in a martini glass...not the way to serve a Manhattan. Very pricey for a dinner after a river cruise in Detroit.Special Features:
- Great day for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014Had a super lunch with friends. It was a beautiful day to sit indoors or out. The food was delicious and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened??OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014I have dined at this Andiamo location, as well as others over the past 10 years. It had been 2 years since visiting the Renaissance Center location and I could not believe what had happened. Restaurant is in need of an appearance overhaul due to heavy use. Bathrooom areas were not in the greatest condition. Food was an atrocity and a total embarrassment to those who are familiar with top class Italian cuisine. Waitress was acceptable up until the food was delivered. Once there were some critical comments made, she disappeared until the bill was brought out. Will not visit again. Unfortunate, as the view of the Detroit River and Windsor Skyline is outstanding...Special Features: