Andiamo - Riverfront
400 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo - Riverfront
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamoitalia.com/
- Phone: (313) 567-6700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Edward Bailey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Andiamo - Riverfront can cater your event for 20 to 3,000 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Andiamo - Riverfront can accommodate up to 1200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alison Nowinski 3135676700
- Entertainment: Party dance music.
A word from Andiamo - Riverfront
Enjoy the excitement of downtown Detroit at water's edge in the beautiful Renaissance Center Winter Garden. Andiamo - Riverfront offers fabulous authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Andiamo - Riverfront - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Andiamo - Riverfront reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)special occasion (73)romantic (59)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (33)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (14)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Don't go there until they clean up their act.LouisDined on 11/22/2014The waitress was annoying and really did not know the menu. One of our entrees was served cold. We pointed it out and they did nothing to recover. And then had the gall to charge full price of $32 when it was inedible. DO not go there until they clean up their act.
- Must SeeDetroiterDined on 11/20/2014Andiamo - Riverfront is a great place to take people from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and servicelovegrubVIPDined on 11/18/2014The view of the river was almost as impressive of the service by our server Nathalie. Food was amazing, it was such a cold day and the make your own pasta lunch was the perfect dish to warm us up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Very nice location and food was great. Service was average. A little disappointed that there wasn't a dress code enforced as we noticed people with baseball hats on and non-dress jeans etc. , just expected a bit more classy. Would highly recommend it and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeJoceadDined on 11/15/2014This was the first time my husband and I have been here and it was amazing! The restaurant is beautiful, we sat by the window and had a great view of the river and Ceasars. The food was delicious, we both had the filet and it was one of the best meals we've ever had! It is a bit pricy but totally worth it! The service was great as well. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BirthdayDanaDined on 11/13/2014I celebrated my birthday here. This was a wish/hope of mine and it was all that I wished for!! Our table was private, I was greeted with Happy Birthday wishes by staff, my server Natalie was awesome I could go on about how amazing my dining was here but you get the point!! I am coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent - as always!loufromcanadaVIPDined on 11/12/2014My husband and I have been here many times now - and have always been completely pleased. The food is always beautifully and deliciously prepared. The service is outstanding! Ask to be seated in Thelma's station if stopping in during the day on a weekday - she will take the very best care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODBKDINEDined on 11/9/2014FOOD WAS NOT HOT AND VEGIES WERE NOT COOKED - HOUSE RED WINE AND SHRIMPS WERE GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner as alwayswaveplayerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Good food, great service and Lora the sommelier was spot on for her wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImanDined on 11/8/2014Great food and service. It was my wife's birthday and we really enjoyed our time and dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndiamonikkinikkiDined on 11/8/2014The food was good as expected. They were in the middle of changing over to a new menu, so some favorite items weren't available, but we found good substitutions.Special Features:
- Great experience!!!bargpetDined on 11/7/2014Food was great! Service was outstanding! Definitely coming back again! I would highly recommend this restaurant. I thought the pricing was very fair for what you received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We choose Andiamo's for our anniversary dinner and were expecting a lot from the restaurant. Overall I have to say it wasn't a bad choice at all. The food was amazing, not just in flavor but also in presentation. The atmosphere was very nice, my only real complaint of the evening being the people who were aloud in wearing t-shirts and jeans. Its kinda hard to enjoy a fancy night out when the guy across the way from you is wearing a tacky short sleeve shirt proclaiming the latest "I'm proud to be anti-social" motto. Its fine on the street but I expected a bit better from inside the restaurant. Despite that the service was amazing and pretty much made up for anything we really might have complained about otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014The food was good. the service was excellent. The maitre de stopped by the table to ensure all was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much HoveringQuietDined on 10/28/2014My partner and I went to enjoy a quiet birthday dinner, however, the constant interruptions from the server and others wanting to know how the service was and if we were okay got to the level of annoyance. Once the food is served, leave the customer some quiet time to enjoy their conversation, business discussions, etc. Although the overall evening was lovely, I will think twice about returning if the interruptions are too much. In fact, I finally asked to not be interrupted for some time so we could enjoy each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 23rd AnniversaryLuvAndiamoDined on 10/27/2014Absolutely loved the ambiance and the view! The staff was wonderful! This was me and husband's second time celebrating our anniversary there and each time everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WayneStateWarriorDined on 10/26/2014Nice view of Detroit River and Windsor. Never knew there were so many barges on the river on any given evening. Nice ambiance, friendly waitstaff, good food. Kind of pricey for what you get, but I'd come here again. Next time I'd use the valet; finding anything in the Ren Cen is crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Great view and service. T-bone and potatoes were excellent. Encrusted whitefish dish was bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocationMotownMisterDined on 10/25/2014Excellent view of the Detroit River. Try your best to secure a riverfront view table. Service was outstanding!Special Features:
- AdoniaPeeweeDined on 10/25/2014Great place! The food was great and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant. Great food.LovingAndiamosDined on 10/24/2014I will recommend Andiamos to all my friends. It has great food and even better entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrFoodieVIPDined on 10/21/2014A solid Andiamo experience with attentive service and very good food.Special Features:
- Great!FoodLoverDined on 10/21/2014We took to of our co-workers to lunch this week to recognize the work they had done on a project. The atmosphere, service and food were great. I had reserved the table on line with ease. The only thing they missed is that I had requested a table by the window. There were open tables of 4 by the window and I am not certain why they did not seat us there but other than that it was a very nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasra AmorebonbonDined on 10/5/2014Pasta taste and portions were adequate. But the pasta fagoli soup was terrible; it was not the same soup I have enjoyed many times before; in retrospect it was probably a cheap substitute for the pasta special. Also the wine list is outrageously priced. Not a bottle of red under $40.00!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time but not the last.EatingOutDined on 10/4/2014This was our 1st time at any Andiamo establishment and it did not disappoint. There was a lil confusion at first as to who our server was going to be but once that was established, we were well served and fed with no complaints. The high-chair seating was different than we expected but it made for easy conversation with the people next to you. The live entertainment was an added bonus to the already great time we were having. Next time we'll be ready to light up the dance floor with the other couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I specifically indicated on my reservation that we would be celebrating Gene's birthday. Absolutely NO mention or special attention was offered at check-in, nor by our server, verbally or otherwise. A candle in Gene's dessert would have been the LEAST you could have done. Most restaurants of you calibre do that and/or more. That was a disappointment...Special Features:
- Dining for 2NoKidsNightOutDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant has a sophisticated feel. A booth seat gives a bit of privacy, which set a romantic mood for my wife and I on our anniversary. I would definitely come again to enjoy the great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice!!pjdetroitDined on 9/25/2014Andiamo's has an excellent Restaurant Week menu with a great variety to choose from as well as an excellent atmosphere. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointingMargieimageDined on 9/25/2014I have eaten at Andiamos on several occasions and had wonderful experiences. This time the experience was just okay. Three of us ordered completely different food and drinks. The drinks were good, nice presentation. First course was okay, nothing special. Entrees were delicious, but presentation was very ordinary. Desserts were mixed. Canolli was not good, but tiramisu was great. Service was slow at times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Didn't think that this restaurant had their heart in serving diners who order from the special menu!Was I mistaken? Upon my visit to your establishment, it was Detroit Restaurant Week? Confused that waiters did not promote the event! Regular menu was provided! Had to request special menu for Restaurant Week! Guest at adjoining table ask if there were. Any specials, and the waiter replied - and get this - NO! At another table of unsuspecting diners -Special Features:
- Unexpected BonusSpecialEventsDined on 9/22/2014We selected the DetroitResturantWeek Menu ($30/head). The choices were many. Our crusted white fish and veal picata were delicious. Not only were the other two courses great, but the restaurant also gave us soup or salad and a small pasta plate. We arrived at 6PM on a Monday and got a window seat. Great meal. Great night out.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedMattinMIDined on 9/21/2014This was my first time at Andiamo. We were promptly seated, even though we arrived early for our reservation, which was nice. However the two top table where we were seated forced one of us to be in a lane of constant traffic, being bumped no less than half a dozen times. The other had an unobstructed view of part of the kitchen. The breaded calamari arrived at room temperature and I had to ask for my water glass to be refilled on more than one occasion.Special Features:
- Close CallRegODined on 9/21/2014My reservations were for 3, 2 guest attended and the table was adjust an we were seated in the aarea across from the fish tanks and boy was it cramped. Thou, dinner was great.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekmp92Dined on 9/21/2014Went for restaurant week for a date night and had a great time. While it was quite busy with larger groups, the server was very friendly. The couple next to us were sort of annoyed with the wait time for their dessert/check, but we didn't mind. It really was not that long of a wait at all. The options for the restaurant week were very good - I had the whitefish, which was cooked to perfection. My boyfriend had the chicken alfredo which was very good as well. Overall, great romantic night overlooking the Detroit River! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFoodDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious. Our waiter was nice we had a nice view of the river front.Special Features:
- RoachDined on 9/20/2014Good service unless you sit in the area overlooking the water you are in a basement Food was average at bestSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014They changed there menu and i was highly disappointed the food was not at all like before. Im done!!!!Special Features:
- Good DinejayjoseyDined on 9/20/2014I had the best experience here. My husband and I will be going backSpecial Features:
- Great serviceMalloryDined on 9/20/2014Forgot our servers name but he was amazing. Food was awesome!! GREAT deal for Detroit restaurant week. Plus everyone got a side of pasta and soup or salad so it ended up being 5 courses!! Delish!!Special Features:
- Great experienceHygenieDined on 9/19/2014We were a table of eight, celebrating a birthday. It was restaurant week too! Dining experience was the best in a long time. We had quick service, but we were not rushed at all! Everyone food was awesome. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.