Andiamo - Riverfront
400 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48243Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo - Riverfront
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamoitalia.com/
- Phone: 3135676700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Edward Bailey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Andiamo - Riverfront can cater your event for 20 to 3,000 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Andiamo - Riverfront can accommodate up to 1200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alison Nowinski 3135676700
- Entertainment: Party dance music.
A word from Andiamo - Riverfront
Enjoy the excitement of downtown Detroit at water's edge in the beautiful Renaissance Center Winter Garden. Andiamo - Riverfront offers fabulous authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Andiamo - Riverfront - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Andiamo - Riverfront reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)special occasion (62)romantic (52)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (31)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- MrFoodieVIPDined on 10/21/2014A solid Andiamo experience with attentive service and very good food.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We took to of our co-workers to lunch this week to recognize the work they had done on a project. The atmosphere, service and food were great. I had reserved the table on line with ease. The only thing they missed is that I had requested a table by the window. There were open tables of 4 by the window and I am not certain why they did not seat us there but other than that it was a very nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time but not the last.EatingOutDined on 10/4/2014This was our 1st time at any Andiamo establishment and it did not disappoint. There was a lil confusion at first as to who our server was going to be but once that was established, we were well served and fed with no complaints. The high-chair seating was different than we expected but it made for easy conversation with the people next to you. The live entertainment was an added bonus to the already great time we were having. Next time we'll be ready to light up the dance floor with the other couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I specifically indicated on my reservation that we would be celebrating Gene's birthday. Absolutely NO mention or special attention was offered at check-in, nor by our server, verbally or otherwise. A candle in Gene's dessert would have been the LEAST you could have done. Most restaurants of you calibre do that and/or more. That was a disappointment...Special Features:
- Dining for 2NoKidsNightOutDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant has a sophisticated feel. A booth seat gives a bit of privacy, which set a romantic mood for my wife and I on our anniversary. I would definitely come again to enjoy the great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice!!pjdetroitDined on 9/25/2014Andiamo's has an excellent Restaurant Week menu with a great variety to choose from as well as an excellent atmosphere. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointingMargieimageDined on 9/25/2014I have eaten at Andiamos on several occasions and had wonderful experiences. This time the experience was just okay. Three of us ordered completely different food and drinks. The drinks were good, nice presentation. First course was okay, nothing special. Entrees were delicious, but presentation was very ordinary. Desserts were mixed. Canolli was not good, but tiramisu was great. Service was slow at times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Didn't think that this restaurant had their heart in serving diners who order from the special menu!Was I mistaken? Upon my visit to your establishment, it was Detroit Restaurant Week? Confused that waiters did not promote the event! Regular menu was provided! Had to request special menu for Restaurant Week! Guest at adjoining table ask if there were. Any specials, and the waiter replied - and get this - NO! At another table of unsuspecting diners -Special Features:
- Unexpected BonusSpecialEventsDined on 9/22/2014We selected the DetroitResturantWeek Menu ($30/head). The choices were many. Our crusted white fish and veal picata were delicious. Not only were the other two courses great, but the restaurant also gave us soup or salad and a small pasta plate. We arrived at 6PM on a Monday and got a window seat. Great meal. Great night out.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedMattinMIDined on 9/21/2014This was my first time at Andiamo. We were promptly seated, even though we arrived early for our reservation, which was nice. However the two top table where we were seated forced one of us to be in a lane of constant traffic, being bumped no less than half a dozen times. The other had an unobstructed view of part of the kitchen. The breaded calamari arrived at room temperature and I had to ask for my water glass to be refilled on more than one occasion.Special Features:
- Close CallRegODined on 9/21/2014My reservations were for 3, 2 guest attended and the table was adjust an we were seated in the aarea across from the fish tanks and boy was it cramped. Thou, dinner was great.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekmp92Dined on 9/21/2014Went for restaurant week for a date night and had a great time. While it was quite busy with larger groups, the server was very friendly. The couple next to us were sort of annoyed with the wait time for their dessert/check, but we didn't mind. It really was not that long of a wait at all. The options for the restaurant week were very good - I had the whitefish, which was cooked to perfection. My boyfriend had the chicken alfredo which was very good as well. Overall, great romantic night overlooking the Detroit River! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFoodDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious. Our waiter was nice we had a nice view of the river front.Special Features:
- RoachDined on 9/20/2014Good service unless you sit in the area overlooking the water you are in a basement Food was average at bestSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014They changed there menu and i was highly disappointed the food was not at all like before. Im done!!!!Special Features:
- Good DinejayjoseyDined on 9/20/2014I had the best experience here. My husband and I will be going backSpecial Features:
- Great serviceMalloryDined on 9/20/2014Forgot our servers name but he was amazing. Food was awesome!! GREAT deal for Detroit restaurant week. Plus everyone got a side of pasta and soup or salad so it ended up being 5 courses!! Delish!!Special Features:
- Great experienceHygenieDined on 9/19/2014We were a table of eight, celebrating a birthday. It was restaurant week too! Dining experience was the best in a long time. We had quick service, but we were not rushed at all! Everyone food was awesome. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Was very disapponted to find no salmon available for dinner. Tables a bit too close to each other. We were seated next to a very loud gentlemanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Italian fooDanparkerVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went too evenings in a row. While they make a big fuss the wait staff are not very effective, forget to give silverware, disappear when the bill is due. On the second meal she forgot the pasta that came with our meals. The food itself is basic and over flavored despite sounding great on the menu. Had much better meals for the price.
- Nothing special for the price paidrttoooDined on 9/11/2014We received a $100 gift certificate to use at this restaurant. The food was good but not memorable. $36 for 4 scallops and a few veggies. $39 for a sheet of pasta w/some seafood & veggies. $10 for a glass of wine. The salad was small & tired but the dressing was good. The highlight was dessert. The "kitkat" bar & chocolate mousse cup were outstanding, but $9 each. Our server (Abul) needs more training. Nice guy, but didn't tell us about specials, and never offered us more coffee. We'd rather spend less for more imaginative food at a place like The Root in White Lake or Grove in Grand Rapids. This wasn't worth the trip downtown or the $9 to park. We won't be back.Special Features:
- GerryCVIPDined on 9/10/2014Andiamo Riverfront has the advantage of being in Detroit's top convention headquarters hotel. This fills the restaurant to overflowing when a show is underway in Cobo Center, just down the street. Our visit was in the middle of the 21st World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, so Andiamo was full to the gunwhales. Noisy to the point of making conversation difficult. Sevice was spotty. Food, nonetheless, was great. Our message -- check the downtown calendar before venturing to Andiamo Riverfront.
- Don't like going on the weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Not on a private date on the weekend! Food Was SubparSpecial Features:
- Slow serviceDkpzy1Dined on 9/6/2014Appeared to be a bit understaffed but the food was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalSteveLindaDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great food and great wine. Coco was absolutely wonderful!!Special Features:
- Charming and personableIllbebackDined on 8/31/2014Michelle the hostess was very accommodating. I had made a reservation for 6:30 and my girlfriend could not be there until 7. Then she got stuck in the madness of the jazz festival. I called to ask for the time changes and very much Michelle accommodated me. Our server Nathalie, as busy as she was, at no time did she make us feel rushed. Very knowledgeable of the menu and the wine list. And at the end of the night my girlfriend wanted a drink and to sit outside. Mathew the manager was very accommodating. He served us our drinks and surprisingly the fireworks went off and that made for a spectacular end to a great evening. Thanks again to your staff and particularly all three people that were mentioned. You are exactly what service is about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJohnDined on 8/31/2014This was another great evening for my wife and I. Food was terrific and service was outstanding just as we expected. This is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andiamo's riverfrontjwfoDined on 8/31/2014The view of the Detroit is great. We all had pasta entrees. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauces were delicious. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and attentive. I needed a special salad which the restaurant was happy to prepare. Since the meals are made from scratch people with special diets can be accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We booked our reservation way in advance. I called ahead to make sure staff knew that I was looking for a quiet elegant dining experience!! They placed us by the patio door that slammed open an closed every 5 minutes. We pulled our chairs to find chunks of food on them had to wait until it was cleaned off just brushed in the floor!! They placed us next to a surprise party so tons of screaming an loud talking couldn't even hear ourselves talk!! My fiance plate was so hot she burnt her arm and left a mark when Reaching for the fork. My steak was so tough couldn't chew it but at this point we were ready to go. We didn't complain Paid our 174.00 bill plus a 40.00 tip very disappointedSpecial Features:
- excellent except one bad dishkbmiDined on 8/29/2014The food quality overall was excellent. However I really did not like the Veal Medallions alla Milanese - just unappetizing, greasy fried meat, unchewable tomatos and and sauce tasted like soap. Recommend to take it off the menu. Everything else was top-notch. (fresh green beans were great)Special Features:
- ReviewerDined on 8/27/2014I like the ambiance of the restaurant. However, some of the the food is average. New England clam chowder and chicken and shrimp dish definitely need improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a romantic placeOneWondersHowDined on 8/25/2014This place was amazing from the food and service to the romantic ambience and wonderful scenery. We sat by the window overlooking the riverfront and as it got dark out the view became even more beautiful then when we sat down. The amount and quality of food you get for the price is outstanding and the server was extremely attentive. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an amazing restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not BotherMe234Dined on 8/17/2014Both visits to this restaurant have been horrible. Dirty coffee cups. Dirty napkins that our fresh bread was brought to us in. Food not cooked to order. Steaks were over cooked both visits. The wait for our food exceeded 45 minutes. We were told there were problems in the kitchen both visits. A complete waste of time and money. So many better choices out there
- 23Rd Anniversary23yrsDined on 8/10/2014Excellent atmosphere, exquisite dining, superb staff, amazing view. We will be back as we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and the food was great (especially the risotto!), the service was great, and we loved sitting outside looking over the river. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service/foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014restaurant was out of several items, waiter never did bring us any bread. He offered bread at dessert when we asked if we were suppose to get bread. Food was just good, we have eaten at the Dearborn location several times and the service and food far exceeds the Riverfront location.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSS23AnniversaryDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary, with the exception of a small mishap regarding our online reservations through open table(they didn't show in the computer); we were accommodated immediately and were able to share a beautiful intimate dinner which is exactly what we were looking for. Our dinner was amazing and so was the service. From there we enjoyed the awesome sounding band that played. Overall, Andiamo-Riverfront was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. I'd recommend it many times over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pastamenCDined on 8/5/2014The dining experience was deliciously wonderful with a spectacular view of the Detroit River. Our waitress was friendly, bubbly and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. Also, Emilleeanne was very attentive and professional. All the dishes were fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsRemeedDined on 8/2/2014Nice riverfront views. Wide selecton on menu with friendly attentive service. Able to order items not on menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andiamo DetroitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Went here to celebrate a 21st birthday and noted that when making the reservation. The hostess did not say anything, and the Waitor basically did nothing to make it special. I did not expect a lot of fanfare, but some acknowledgement would have been nice, or maybe a free drink for the individual whose birthday it was. Bus staff was taking silverware near the end of our meal while we were still eating. Felt rushed and they were not busy. I would not go here for a special occasion again as they did nothing to make it special. Very disappointed.Special Features: