Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria
322 Garfield Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamosantafe.com/
- Phone: 5059959595x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00a - 2:00p; Dinner: Sun-Thur 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Esteban Parra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can prepare food for pickup for up to 100 people. Please see our to go menu for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Andiamo's intimate bungalow is an ideal setting for parties looking to celebrate special occasions. We're flexible and will work with you to coordinate your special event based on your menu preferences and seasonal availability.
- Private Party Contact: Joan 5059959595x
A word from Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria
Andiamo opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known as a gathering place for locals. Our historic railyard space—dating back to the late 1880’s — and gracious staff lend a uniquely Santa Fean personality to your dining experience. Andiamo’s thoughtful selection of seasonal, Italian-inspired food and sophisticated wines offer a respite for foodies in a town often better known for green chile and nouvelle cuisine. Sourced by the local farmer’s market, prepared and served with care, a meal at Andiamo sustains more than the body. Please visit our web site for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)fit for foodies (68)special occasion (42)romantic (41)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (14)good for groups (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Second Visit - Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014This was a our second visit to Andiamo and it was almost as good as our first...just a bit more crowded this time. We had the same low key and excellent server, the food was very good, the wine was tasty and the overall experience was excellent. The prices are quite reasonable for the quality of food and service so this is a true neighborhood gem customers could visit frequently. I plan to visit again whenever I return to Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!PickyInSantaFeDined on 9/6/2014For the second time I've taken my girlfriend to Andiamo (I had been there a few times myself) and they never disappoint! A bit on the pricey side so sadly I can't go too often (just a civil servant after all!), but I'm always very happy with my meal, and the service is always top-notch. Worth the price!Special Features:
- Dinner at AndiamoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My only suggestion is that the staff could be more welcoming as you enter the restaurant, especially the woman who is usually there.Special Features:
- Not up to parDoublemintDined on 9/2/2014Service was fabulous, the space very cozy and inviting have been going here for years...the food was not up to par and frankly quite a disappointment ...they need to get excited about their neighborhood gem again ....wines by the glass which they allowed us to sample were bad I know andiamos can do better and I hope the chef and managers will take noteSpecial Features:
- prosciuttoDined on 8/28/2014always a constant source for good affordable Italian food -- attentive staff... runs like "butta"Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!JLS1022Dined on 8/27/2014We found Andiamo on Trip Advisor. It was near our hotel, and everything we ordered was excellent. The onion soup was great, as was the shrimp bisque. Outstanding Caesar salad and we loved the sausage pizza. The service was very attentive, and we highly recommend this wonderful find. The couple sitting next to us had a second home in Santa Fe, and they said whenever they arrive they always go to Andiamo on their first night there. Even the aromas in the restaurant were good. Desserts were terrific also, as were the coffees and hot chocolate. Try the profiteroles.Special Features:
- Very GoodfoodieDined on 8/27/2014The food was quite good: Main dishes better than the pizza and pasta. The table seemed a bit too close together, but the service was excellent and you have the best flash fried calamari in town AND an excellent wine list. Thank you.Special Features:
- Outrageously goodGwizDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful again. Great menu, service and ambiance all with reasonable pricing. This restaurant is always a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secluded FindArchitectSteveDined on 8/24/2014Good food, broad selection Pleasant experience, once you find itSpecial Features:
- MIXED REVIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014MY FRIENDS HUSBAND HAD THE RAVIOLI AND IT WAS OUTSTANDING. MY FRIEND AND I ORDERED THE RIBEYE. IT WAS A VERY POOR CUT OF MEAT. I HAVE A MUCH BETTER STEAK WHEN I STAY HOME . MY FRIEND MENTIONED THAT SHE WAS SURPRISED AT MY RESTAURANT CHOICE AS WE USUALLY HAVE SUCH AMAZING MEALS WHEN SHE COMES TO SANTA FE. I WAS EMBARRASSED TO SAY THE LEAST. THE AMBIENCE AND DECOR ARE WONDERFUL. THE SERVICE WAS SUPERB. A RESTAURANT WITH AS MUCH GOING FOR IT AS ANDIAMO SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE OUTSTANDING BEEF DISH ON THE MENU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Santa Fe's best restaurantsDaveVIPDined on 8/22/2014Andiamo Restaurant is tucked in the wonderful rail yard neighborhood of Santa Fe. It's classic dishes, professional service, excellent wine list and festive atmosphere make it our favorite Italian restaurant whether it's dinner for two or we're getting together with a larger group to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!JohnnyDined on 8/22/2014We have dined at Andiamo many times, often inviting family or friends. The food is consistently excellent, the service friendly and efficient. I fully recommend it.Special Features:
- still solid and now quieterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinner at Andiamo. A little understaffed at times but it was a busy weekend night. Love the new carpeting which now allows for better conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnarfingBobDined on 8/22/2014Our party of 4 had a reservation which was a good thing. By the time we left, many were waiting for a table and the staff was hustling. The red snapper was delicious, as was the crispy polenta and the sauteed spinach. The only negative to the evening was that the drink service was slow. They could have sold us more wine! But it was the Friday night before Indian Market - probably the most crowded time of the year in Santa Fe. We will definitely go back - perhaps during a less busy time of year - if Santa Fe has such a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkaySullyDined on 8/22/2014We ordered a salad and pizza. The restaurant was out of the wine we liked. The salad was very good, but the pizza was very bland. I guess they were out of spices, too! The restaurant looked better in the newer decor. Will be a while before we return. Many better options in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- The Price is RightvansicklerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Andiamo is a very reasonably priced high end restaurant in Santa Fe with excellent food and service. The location between the Railyard and Plaza makes it close to almost everything in the city. The antipasto plate was GREAT! and the small one is plenty for two to share for a starter. I had a special of the evening which was pasta with scallops. All was so FRESH! Don't forget desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutcartoonworldDined on 8/20/2014We meet once a month at a different restaurant. We require great food and a good-great wine selection. One of our quartet was a wine sommelier. Service was excellent. RJ had his hands full with us - from the wine glasses to our sheer exuberance. And no one was disappointed. We came for the Crispy Polenta. I am the one who does not like polenta/grits, but I have to say I did enjoy it. As locals, we'll be back after touring other places. Take your friends and share a great meal.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesSantaFeEatsALotDined on 8/18/2014Andiamo is a lovely and consistently great restaurant. I love the menu and wine list, and know that it's always a great choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianPasherriDined on 8/16/2014We were directed to this lovely trattoria in the Railyard District by a local and couldn't have been happier with our meal, from the friendly welcome and quick seating to the nice Pinot Noir by the glass to the lovely profiteroles we shared for dessert. We shared an olive plate as an appetizer. I had a salad, and I requested light dressing. When it arrived saturated, our waiter quickly whisked it away and had a replacement back within minutes. My companion had the eggplant Parmesan, which he loved, and I had the penne with homemade lamb sausage, which I loved as well. A chalkboard at the entrance tells you what is fresh and local that day so you can plan your order accordingly. All this, with two glasses of wine each, was under $100!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood ItalianKennyDined on 8/16/2014Andiamo is a great neighborhood gem. This was our first time there and I was impressed by what appeared to be many regulars, well known by the staff and other diners. Food was great and the service extremely attentive. Highly recommend Andiamo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blueboy011Dined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. The wait staff is very knowledgeable, efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Good food,slow service6CCKsDined on 8/8/2014Went to this restaurant with 5 ladies on a getaway trip. We made a reservation but we're seated 15 minutes late. Then service was slow. Took awhile to order and then get served. Kitchen was very slow. Food was good, everyone liked their dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014A great evening. Professional yet friendly service and excellent food. Wish we lived in Santa Fe...it would be a favorite.Special Features:
- Great findbobhDined on 8/2/2014Only two blocks from our hotel in Santa Fe. This was a great find. We had two different pasta dishes. Once good feature was the ability to order a smaller plate (for less money) if you weren't that hungry. Will return if we ever make it back to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Andiamo was perfect funtld2Dined on 8/2/2014Quick service, nice atmosphere not too expensive. It was a perfect evening. Reserved my table on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good againEksjrDined on 8/1/2014After a few disappointing meals, on the Elmo is back on it's game. The food was terrific just like the old days. The only problem was our order must of gotten out of the system and we were there almost an hour before our main course came. Very apologetic but we were hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As fabulous as we rememberedyummygoodDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I have dined at Andiamo on our visits to Santa Fe over the last several years. Ever since discovering this delightful restaurant, we have not been disappointed. This time we brought along a dear friend. She too said it was our best meal we had in Santa Fe. Thank you for the new open, bright decor and the consistently, delicious food. Two other well known restaurants in town did not maintain that mark of consistency and excellence. Thank you. Until next time. KL and J in Dripping Springs, TexasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit less pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014This was my fourth visit to Andiamo. I had not been for several years. While still good, I was not as impressed by the menu or the food. I had come to expect a better meal the I recieved this time. Perhaps the chef had a off night. Although the wine list was still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SFBearVIPDined on 7/17/2014Fantastic food! Fantastic service! This is a must for any foodie!!! Add it to your list and on't miss the chance to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014Better than ever. Need to change the banco material.Special Features:
- Old Reliable Continues It's RepStreetguyVIPDined on 7/12/2014You can count on Andiamo for a solid dinner with pleasant service anytime. The crispy duck leg is always a winner. My chicken livers were surprisingly good. Service is friendly and easy going. Only problem is that the relatively small space squeezes in a lot of tables. But count on the restaurant as a nice place to go.Special Features:
- Dependable4warnedis4armedDined on 7/11/2014While this might not sound very exciting, it is wonderful for a restaurant to be consistently good. Our waitress was thoroughly trained, professional in every way, appropriate and mature. Having just had a child as a waitress at another local Italian restaurant, this was a relief.Special Features:
- MhillVIPDined on 7/9/2014This restaurant has been a long time local favorite and I am really happy to see the new interiors! The remodel makes a huge difference and Andiamo offers a pleasant, comfortable dining experience. The food is delicious. I loved my chicken parmesan and we shared delicious fried calamari to start. My husband had the fish special which was trout and is was very fresh and the vegetables fresh and excellently prepared. I also really appreciate that my entree came in a small or large size as do the wine pours. I wish every restaurant did this.Special Features:
- Dinner at Andiamo July 7, 2014YragDined on 7/7/2014I have dined a Andiamo , with family and friends, numerous times over the past few years. The consistently excellent food, service and ambiance was, on this occasion, spoiled by the actions of a callous, uncaring server. He--a balding gentleman--(inadvertently) clipped my 96 year old mother on the nose with a plate he removed from the table. He neither apologized nor acknowledged the occurrence. We did, however, hear him comment to a co-worker: don't worry, she'll get over it. Not such a good experience this time around.Special Features:
- A Santa Fe GemKimmieDined on 7/6/2014This restaurant is lovely. The food is beyond delicious. We enjoyed an unhurried dining experience. Save room for the scrumptious desserts! We'll return for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and reliablesfpalVIPDined on 7/5/2014Andiamo is never disappointing and the renovation creates a more sophisticated and cheerful environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early supperwhimDined on 7/5/2014livers were a tad underdone , sparkling wine Is a treat, wife's fish was perfect, the pastry and ice cream desert should always be a part of any meal and our service was better than 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Newly renovated!dininginsantafeDined on 6/30/2014I've been a loyal diner at Andiamo for years and have always loved the food. It has been recently renovated and it now feels so fresh and beautiful. The atmosphere is sophisticated, welcoming and vibrant. I always recommend Andiamo and will continue to with great enthusiasm!Special Features:
- Outstandingluv2dineDined on 6/30/2014A charming and quaint Italian gem! The food, service and ambience was outstanding (I heard a patron comment that they had recently re-done the interior). I was there quite early so can't vouch for the noise level later on in the evening. I will definitely visit Andiamo! again when I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst service ever!Foodie46Dined on 6/29/2014We didn't eat here because no one seemed interested in taking our order. After waiting for 30 minutes, we asked the water server to send our waiter over to take our order. He told the hostess who seemed unconcerned. After another couple who had arrived 10 minutes after us was waited on, we left the restaurant. We went to Il Piatto instead where the service and food were excellent. Our advice is to skip Andiamo and go to Il Piatto instead.