Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria
322 Garfield Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andiamosantafe.com/
- Phone: 5059959595x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00a - 2:00p; Dinner: Sun-Thur 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Esteban Parra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can prepare food for pickup for up to 100 people. Please see our to go menu for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Andiamo's intimate bungalow is an ideal setting for parties looking to celebrate special occasions. We're flexible and will work with you to coordinate your special event based on your menu preferences and seasonal availability.
- Private Party Contact: Joan 5059959595x
A word from Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria
Andiamo opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known as a gathering place for locals. Our historic railyard space—dating back to the late 1880’s — and gracious staff lend a uniquely Santa Fean personality to your dining experience. Andiamo’s thoughtful selection of seasonal, Italian-inspired food and sophisticated wines offer a respite for foodies in a town often better known for green chile and nouvelle cuisine. Sourced by the local farmer’s market, prepared and served with care, a meal at Andiamo sustains more than the body. Please visit our web site for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Andiamo! A Neighborhood Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (118)fit for foodies (77)special occasion (47)romantic (43)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice change from New Mexican fare.ConnloverDined on 10/26/2014As visitors to Santa Fe we were having fun experiencing New Mexican style food that is super but wanted a change for at least one evening. We were very pleased with our choice of Andiamo and their Italian menue. Every meal we had was excellent and the service was outstanding. I highly recommend Andiamo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbponderquestDined on 10/26/2014Andiemo's is a wonderful restaurant with great food and very good service. It's quality is evident in the fact that it is always very crowded --- which is it's only shortcoming: way too crowded and crunched together. I realize space is limited but taking out a few tables would really improve the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointeddetectu2Dined on 10/24/2014What else can I say? We love Andiamo! Celebrating a birthday our server, Dayli, attended us with efficient graciousness. The dining experience was as usual wonderful. Thank you Andiamo staff!Special Features:
- Bill JOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Not as good as anticipated , food was just ok or less than . Service was great , neat little place ,quiet enough to have good conversation . The food or at least my choice was not as good as hoped for . I had the spicy shrimp pasta ,not spicy and not real fresh Desert was excellent I guess better luck next time on the main course .Special Features:
- We love this great little placelorenaDined on 10/23/2014My dad, who is Italian, requests that we take him here every time he visits New Mexico. The food is always great. The service, too.Special Features:
- Overall, good neighborhood spot but….Foodie2shoesDined on 10/18/2014Food was very good. Service was disappointing and fair at best totally lacking any professionalism. Unfortunately, the lacking service makes us not think of this place as one that we would return to anytime soon.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed our food and drink, without having to travel far from our hotel.Special Features:
- A Santa Fe findCarolDined on 10/15/2014My group of 8 dined here on a weeknight. Service and food were excellent and we all had a delicious time! Profiteroles are to die for!Special Features:
- Andiamo Keeps High StandardkeepitsimpleVIPDined on 10/11/2014Andiamo continues to define the neighborhood Italian restaurant in Santa Fe. Very tasty food from a modestly priced menu...everything fresh and well-prepared abetted by a wine list with something for everyone. Service is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- sweet local spot!bobbybooDined on 10/10/2014Andiamo has been in Santa Fe for longer than i can remember, and there's a good reason for that. The food is excellent, the service very smooth but also personable, the location slightly out of the tourist circle, and the prices reasonable. Reserve a table and plan to enjoy your evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceSnarfingBobDined on 10/10/2014We arrived 20 minutes early but our table was ready and we were seated immediately. Everyone in our party of 5 rated their choices highly. Entrees from the more complicated to the very simple were all excellent (the sauteed spinach is outstanding). Nice choices for wines-by-the-glass. Service was very good. Noise level was a little high once all tables were occupied, yet we were still able to have a conversation without trouble. Andiamo is high on our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSlfitzDined on 10/10/2014We go to this restaurant every year. It is always a great meal. Pastas are terrific and fish special is always great.Special Features:
- Santa Fe Find!ppacolVIPDined on 10/10/2014We always have a wonderful dinner at Andiamo, and make it a priority to stop there when we are in Santa Fe. As always, this experience did not disappoiint! Great food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014The atmosphere is nice and the food is excellent. I had crab and veggie ravioli in a light wine sauce and it was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could have been betterDBlueDined on 10/4/2014We took some friends to Andiamo for dinner. We had always had a great experience there, but this time, perhaps, the restaurant was under-staffed. We waited 20-25 minutes for our server to return to check on us and take our order after delivering drinks. Very good food, but a bit lacking on attention and service this time.Special Features:
- Great! a little loud but awesomechickenDined on 10/2/2014Went for my birthday and it was great. The food was outrageous and such great service. A bit loud but maybe that is cause I am getting older :) It is a wonderful place will recommend it to all. Coming from Santa Fe and eating lots of chile this is a nice and wonderful change. Love it. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Italian in Santa FeOHEngVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great space with a good vibe. Crispy polenta with gorgonzola/rosmary sauce was excellent with a good balance of the herb and cheese tha complemented the nicely browned polenta superbly. The Linguine Puttanesca with yellow fin tuna could have come from my Italian grandmother's kitchen. The house made Ravioli filled were perfectly made and cooked perfectly. Wine selection was good and was reasonably priced.Special Features:
- A must dine place!GIIIDined on 10/1/2014We travel through Santa Fe about twice a year. Andiamo's was recommended from our hotel staff...a short three block walk. This dining experience was the best, from seating to check. Food was scrumptious! We look forward to visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2014Lovely redone space. Much more welcoming then before. Food was good but not anything special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st SF TripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Andiamo's Food was very good, I had the Salmon and my partner had the Pizza, the desert was awesome, chocolate mousse. We definitely will go back!Special Features:
- jamescohenVIPDined on 9/26/2014Very good as always. Friendly atmosphere, ended up speaking with the tables next to us. enjoyable, not forced. Service seemed a little slow this time.Special Features:
- detectu2detectu2Dined on 9/25/2014I love Andiamo!!!! Usually make reservations through OpenTable. Didn't get the table I requested. Asked the table number and will use that to secure the table in the future. Regardless of that hiccup, the food and wine were fabulous...if your like lasagne this is the place to go...not your usual "red" sauce. This is a rich veal, pork and beef slow cooked sauce that's out-of-this-world. Rockfish over saffron risotto special was also a wonderful choice. Kudos to Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itelnoDined on 9/23/2014Have been enjoying Andiamo for 18 years. Best Italian restaurant in Santa Fe. Especially love the polenta appetizer! You will not be disappointed, I guarantee you. What more can I say about this wonderful restaurant. If you haven't been there, I suggest you make a reservation soon.Special Features:
- Good food/service. Not intimate.FredWDined on 9/18/2014The food is quite excellent and the service is very good. I'm not sure I like the interior remodel, though. The bare tables are not covered, and the chairs have comfortable seats and backs but they don't look that way when you first see them. Though an intimate space, the overall feeling is a bit stark and the wall hung items and pictures, and graphics, are sparse and rather incongruous. The PA system played at a quiet level, but the reggae and other selections did not lend themselves at all to a dinner that we would expect in a small Italian restaurant. We did not feel like lingering, as we do at times when we have dined out, which would have led to ordering something more. We do live in SF.
- Second Visit - Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014This was a our second visit to Andiamo and it was almost as good as our first...just a bit more crowded this time. We had the same low key and excellent server, the food was very good, the wine was tasty and the overall experience was excellent. The prices are quite reasonable for the quality of food and service so this is a true neighborhood gem customers could visit frequently. I plan to visit again whenever I return to Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!PickyInSantaFeDined on 9/6/2014For the second time I've taken my girlfriend to Andiamo (I had been there a few times myself) and they never disappoint! A bit on the pricey side so sadly I can't go too often (just a civil servant after all!), but I'm always very happy with my meal, and the service is always top-notch. Worth the price!Special Features:
- Dinner at AndiamoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My only suggestion is that the staff could be more welcoming as you enter the restaurant, especially the woman who is usually there.Special Features:
- Not up to parDoublemintDined on 9/2/2014Service was fabulous, the space very cozy and inviting have been going here for years...the food was not up to par and frankly quite a disappointment ...they need to get excited about their neighborhood gem again ....wines by the glass which they allowed us to sample were bad I know andiamos can do better and I hope the chef and managers will take noteSpecial Features:
- prosciuttoVIPDined on 8/28/2014always a constant source for good affordable Italian food -- attentive staff... runs like "butta"Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!JLS1022Dined on 8/27/2014We found Andiamo on Trip Advisor. It was near our hotel, and everything we ordered was excellent. The onion soup was great, as was the shrimp bisque. Outstanding Caesar salad and we loved the sausage pizza. The service was very attentive, and we highly recommend this wonderful find. The couple sitting next to us had a second home in Santa Fe, and they said whenever they arrive they always go to Andiamo on their first night there. Even the aromas in the restaurant were good. Desserts were terrific also, as were the coffees and hot chocolate. Try the profiteroles.Special Features:
- Very GoodfoodieDined on 8/27/2014The food was quite good: Main dishes better than the pizza and pasta. The table seemed a bit too close together, but the service was excellent and you have the best flash fried calamari in town AND an excellent wine list. Thank you.Special Features:
- Outrageously goodGwizDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful again. Great menu, service and ambiance all with reasonable pricing. This restaurant is always a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secluded FindArchitectSteveDined on 8/24/2014Good food, broad selection Pleasant experience, once you find itSpecial Features:
- MIXED REVIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014MY FRIENDS HUSBAND HAD THE RAVIOLI AND IT WAS OUTSTANDING. MY FRIEND AND I ORDERED THE RIBEYE. IT WAS A VERY POOR CUT OF MEAT. I HAVE A MUCH BETTER STEAK WHEN I STAY HOME . MY FRIEND MENTIONED THAT SHE WAS SURPRISED AT MY RESTAURANT CHOICE AS WE USUALLY HAVE SUCH AMAZING MEALS WHEN SHE COMES TO SANTA FE. I WAS EMBARRASSED TO SAY THE LEAST. THE AMBIENCE AND DECOR ARE WONDERFUL. THE SERVICE WAS SUPERB. A RESTAURANT WITH AS MUCH GOING FOR IT AS ANDIAMO SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE OUTSTANDING BEEF DISH ON THE MENU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Santa Fe's best restaurantsDaveVIPDined on 8/22/2014Andiamo Restaurant is tucked in the wonderful rail yard neighborhood of Santa Fe. It's classic dishes, professional service, excellent wine list and festive atmosphere make it our favorite Italian restaurant whether it's dinner for two or we're getting together with a larger group to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!JohnnyDined on 8/22/2014We have dined at Andiamo many times, often inviting family or friends. The food is consistently excellent, the service friendly and efficient. I fully recommend it.Special Features:
- still solid and now quieterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinner at Andiamo. A little understaffed at times but it was a busy weekend night. Love the new carpeting which now allows for better conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnarfingBobDined on 8/22/2014Our party of 4 had a reservation which was a good thing. By the time we left, many were waiting for a table and the staff was hustling. The red snapper was delicious, as was the crispy polenta and the sauteed spinach. The only negative to the evening was that the drink service was slow. They could have sold us more wine! But it was the Friday night before Indian Market - probably the most crowded time of the year in Santa Fe. We will definitely go back - perhaps during a less busy time of year - if Santa Fe has such a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkaySullyDined on 8/22/2014We ordered a salad and pizza. The restaurant was out of the wine we liked. The salad was very good, but the pizza was very bland. I guess they were out of spices, too! The restaurant looked better in the newer decor. Will be a while before we return. Many better options in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- The Price is RightvansicklerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Andiamo is a very reasonably priced high end restaurant in Santa Fe with excellent food and service. The location between the Railyard and Plaza makes it close to almost everything in the city. The antipasto plate was GREAT! and the small one is plenty for two to share for a starter. I had a special of the evening which was pasta with scallops. All was so FRESH! Don't forget desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.