Anderson's General Store & Restaurant
7885 Guemes Island Rd
Anacortes, WA 98221Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Anderson's General Store & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guemesislandstore.com/
- Phone: 3602934548x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Hal Decker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment, with variety of music genres: Acoustic, Jazz, Contemporary, Rock, Pop, Vocals, Blue Grass, Country, Original music. Be sure to check out the web site for upcoming events at www.guemesislandstore.com
- Cross Street: South Shore
- Public Transit: Skagit County Ferry runs about every 30 minutes from Old Town Anacortes at 6th and I Streets. The Ferry terminal is about a 10-15 minute walk from downtown Anacortes, located in the Old Town District.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample private and public parking.
A word from Anderson's General Store & Restaurant
Located in an eclectic general store on the waterfront, it offers café, patio and Loft dining provided by our Executive Chef. Anderson's is a culinary treat, offering global fusion cuisine with an emphasis on coastal and island ingredients, and polished comfort foods. This makes Anderson’s a place not to miss when planning your dining adventure. Guests can experience an amazing and unexpected dining delight. No matter your food passion, give this restaurant a try as their menus are creative and fresh and continue to evolve offering something for everyone. Just a romantic 5 minute Ferry Ride from Old Town Anacortes at 6th & I streets, on Guemes Island, the closest of the San Juan Islands. Anderson's is located next to Ferry landing upon arrival. Bring the car, take an easy walk aboard ride, and experience a culinary delight, that feels a world away but at just stone's throw from the mainland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anderson's General Store & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- ripped off and cheatedScamDined on 8/24/2014My problem with Anderson's Restaurant is that the price tag was far and above the quality. The sides were pathetic. There was something like a dozen fries and half a dozen very small slices of cantaloupe. The sodas were flat. The main dishes both the Guemas Burger and the Beef Dip were good, but once again small. We went inside after lunch and got waffle cones for dessert. The ice cream was tasty but when we got down to our cones the ice cream disappeared, the large waffles cone had just a single scoop on top of the cone and nothing at the bottom. I spent over $45 on lunch and dessert , which I don't mind paying for a good meal with great view. I left Anderson's feeling ripped off and cheated. Upsides The view was amazing, Friendly StaffSpecial Features:
- CoraDined on 8/23/2014I love Anderson store restaurant! You got us right in when we got off of the ferry. I think our wait person was new... I would suggest taking empty dishes when folks pay for meals (even if it means taking other table's dishes.) Overall, great experience. Love it when kids can come! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeHDined on 7/5/2014A great place to bring a date. Walking over on the ferry, the small town atmosphere of island life and the view of the sound and boats going by. A nice diversion from Anthony's, The Farm House Inn or LaConner. Plus, the music makes it worth the effort to come over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We arrived on Father's Day morning on the ferry--all 6 of us including 2 grandkids. We had the incorrect ferry schedule and needed very quick service in order to make the last returning ferry before the lunch break. (Missing it would have meant a 2 hour wait with two small kids.) They were incredibly accommodating, and managed to serve a great brunch very quickly, allowing us to avoid a long wait for the ferry. We'll be back when we aren't so rushed. Weather was cold and rainy but will be much nicer when weather improves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FinddineoutDined on 5/24/2014Our party enjoyed a pleasant evening at the General Store and Restaurant. The food was great, the entertainment was well, entertaining! We will most certainly go again!Special Features:
- Who knew?JuiceVIPDined on 3/14/2014We went up to Anacortes for a meeting & decided to grab a bite to eat rather than battle the traffic on a Friday back to the city. I popped open Open Table to see what Anacortes had to offer. On this particular Friday only 4 restaurants had availability, & in an unusual way decided to try Anderson’s General Store, it was solely based on the pictures as there were no reviews yet. What a great experience it was! We took a small foot Ferry over to the island ($2.50 round trip, 8 min ride) & a short walk to the restaurant. We sat facing the water & enjoyed some amazing food, the staff was very pleasant and the view was great. This isn't a white table clothed environment, but if you are ever in the area I highly recommend trying this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.