Andaz Farmers Table
1450 First Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Andaz Farmers Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napa.andaz.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 7076871234
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11am Monday-Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7am-12pm; Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 5pm-9pm
Join us at our bar, Mercantile Social for more dining options and enjoy happy hour specials as listed on our Open Table website!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Sarah Linkenheil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Special Events: Stay tuned to many special events hosted here at the Andaz Famers Table!
- Cross Street: First and Franklin
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking at Andaz Napa offers easy access, as well as the full complement of instant attention upon arrival and departure. Valet parking is complimentary up to 3 hours when you dine in the restaurant.
Self Parking is also available at the Clay Street garage, located conveniently behind the hotel.
A word from Andaz Farmers Table
Andaz Napa’s epicurean motto is “Food. Thoughtfully Sourced. Carefully Served,” and this philosophy guides the offerings at the in-house restaurant, Andaz Farmers Table. Drawing inspiration from the surrounding community and emphasizing “Napa-to-table” dining, Executive Chef Sarah Linkenheil presents a dinner menu featuring locally-sourced produce that focuses on heritage cooking techniques and rich flavor combinations designed to suit modern palates. The bar also features libations unique to northern California, boasting a menu of artisanal wines, craft beers and cocktails using liquor from local distilleries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andaz Farmers Table reviews from OpenTable diners
- Quite an enjoyable ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013Quite an enjoyable ambiance. Staff was incredible during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013What a wonderful experience. My mother and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was delicious and the vegetables tasted so fresh it reminded me of the thanksgiving vegetables fresh from my grandpa's garden. Absolutely delightful and lovely evening. Creative and flavorful dishes that stayed true to the ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu shown on the webOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/6/2013The menu shown on the web was completely different from what was actually there. It wasn't much more than a burger joint.
- Not as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013The whole reason we wanted to try Andaz was because the website indicated it was social and interactive, and we thought meals were done in large groups. We were looking forward to having a more interactive and engaging experience, and were disappointed not to get it. There are many restaurants in Napa that when one touts a particular experience, they should deliver on it.Special Features:
- Good food - a bit discombobulatedNapaSnobDined on 5/3/2013In a fine dining setting you typically budget your time since you are paying for the experience. It's a good thing no one in our party had any plans for the rest of the evening because the meal service was abnormally slow. Thank God the food was worth waiting for. Overall a good experience, but it's not somewhere I'd run back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stripped down simplicityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2013Very sparse decor and not in a minimalist way. Very small menu (not even a chicken dish unless it was a sandwich). A large party had a platter of chicken and I asked if I could have chicken, too (as they said they would do their best to cater any wishes) and first they said 'no' then said I could have the steak dinner but substitute chicken. I think they just took the chicken off one of the sandwiches. Oddness aside, the food was outstanding - fresh, flavorful, well-prepared - and we are the worst of food snobs. My husband's burger on a local english muffin was the best he ever had (he went in search of those same muffins the next morning.
- Rocky start, but finished strongRickytoonsVIPDined on 4/27/2013Booked this on a hunch. When we first arrived, the place was empty. It was 6:00 so I didn't think too much about it. We ordered drinks and they didn't have my usual spirit (Jack Daniels) and he suggest another bourbon. I said I'd try it and then came back saying they were out of that as well. I figured strikes 1 and 2 right off the bat. He brought me something else that was tasty and we ordered dinner. Dinner made up for all the previous problems. Appetizers were delish and the dinner, amazing. They specialize in small plates, so it's fun to get a couple of things and split. All in all, we had a very nice dinner and the staff was very attentive. By the time we left, the place was packed and very lively. I would recommend.Special Features:
- What a delightful surprise!FrancesNapaVIPDined on 4/26/2013What a delightful surprise! We had a terrific time here and enjoyed everything from shrimp appetizer to pasta, salads, and fish. The service was terrific. More people need to know about this place as it is terrific. Lots of the menu is small plates, and plates to share, but there are also entree offerings, such as fish, burger, pasta. I highly recommend Andaz.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2013This restaurant was really a disappointment for us I had heard some good things about it was Friday night the Meal was subpar. With all of the enticing options the area has I think this restaurant has some growing to do before I would go back and try again.
- Fun food tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2013Went with 6 friends and each ordered a different small plate, all were excellent. I'm sure the service staff wasn't happy that we didn't order more, but we had been eating and wine tasting all day.Special Features:
- The service and foodwere outstandinPamTooVIPDined on 2/28/2013The service and foodwere outstanding. Loved the lobby and the decor in the restaurant. Will go again!Special Features:
- Hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/23/2013Great food wonderful service. The chef came out to visit and share recipes. Should be discovered as the great Resturant it is.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/15/2013We went in on a Friday evening and by the time we were finished were surprised the place was so quiet. The food is outstanding, prices reasonable, friendly service, we ate in front if the fireplace and enjoyed every minute. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Friday Night Family Style!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/11/2013I've been for both Brunch and the Friday night Family Style. The Brunch was forgettable but the Friday night dinner was superb! Every single course was just knock out! My favorite was the smoked Montreal Hanger steak with Andaz Garden root vegetables. The cherry on top-- or rather the chocolate on top, was a special plate with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate came out for dessert. We had such a wonderful time celebrating at Andaz!Special Features:
- Quiet spot, with tasty foodLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 1/1/2013Quiet spot, with tasty food and decent service. It took a while for all of our food to come out, which was a bit strange since there were only two other (small) tables full at the time we visited. Somewhat limited menu. Would have liked more salad/soup/lighter choices. The artcic char was delicious.
- Hearty TurkeyDay sans the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Overall pleaseant, tasty, but service lacking. We (4) went for Thanksgiving Dinner. $55.00 Prix fixe per-head includes 1 free glass of just ok wine. Food was very good and they had a nice selection of traditional turkey-day fare. Great mashed potatoes. I didnt try the turkey, but the prime rib from the carving station was delicious. Carver needed a little more experience, though. Server staff was just ok. Attentive when you could rouse their attention, otherwise pretty oblivious. Perhaps they are not used to buffet service. Plates and glasses kept piling up on the table. I finally had to clear myt able's dishes myself so that we had room for our next plates. But got seated right away, so that was good. I might go back.
- Really good food! The coffee-rubbedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Really good food! The coffee-rubbed steak was amazing! The hamburger on a Model Bakery english muffin was perfect, and the ceviche was very well done. The wait staff was attentive and very eager to please. The ambiance and decor were very cool--very modern lounge, with an awesome fireplace and comfy seating. The only problem what that the food took forever to come out. We had a 7:45 reservation and didn't get appetizers until close to 8:30/8:40, and then didn't get main courses until well after 9:00.Special Features:
- Great food. Menu was especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2012Great food. Menu was especially creative for a hotel. The rock shrimp Benedict were fabulous as was the smoked salmon. Service needs to get their act together. We were given food many minutes after tables who sat down after us.
- Great for a casual lunch orKEddieVIPDined on 9/10/2011Great for a casual lunch or dinner with friends. Lots of fun and tasty small plates to share, decent wine list, and comfortable seating. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We showed up on time and weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2011We showed up on time and we were the only ones in the restaurant... We felt like there were closing the kitchen so we left...Special Features:
- Dave Sdgs4golfDined on 9/9/2011Food and service were outstanding, as was the cost. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The service was slow and sadJbroVIPDined on 9/3/2011The service was slow and sad at best. They guys serving us seemed like they were brand new and had no knowledge of the menus.Special Features:
- Limited menu choices of TapagreatVIPDined on 8/26/2011Limited menu choices of Tapa size portions, only two entree size choices. Would be good if going for a drink and lighter meal.Special Features:
- The menu was very limitedDanvilleDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2011The menu was very limited and the crowd was very few when I dined here on a Friday night. The food tasted good, but I don't think we would return in the near future. This is the type of place where you stop for a drink at the bar downstairs and move on to dining elsewhere.Special Features:
- always a good time. Alexandrat6362bVIPDined on 6/16/2011always a good time. Alexandra our server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Spectacular food with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/3/2011Spectacular food with great service. And an overall fabulous experience. Advice: don't run around looking for your celebrity chefs, stop right here and you've got it all. We, all four of us, will be back!Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyGudfudandwineVIPDined on 5/8/2011The staff was very friendly and professional, and the quality of food was good. The atmosphere was too much like a hotel restaurant...nothing really stands out as special, just an average breakfast/brunch buffet.Special Features:
- A bit too quiet for our liking.MadDaneVIPDined on 4/30/2011A bit too quiet for our liking. One of three 2 tops dining at 7:30pm on a saturday night. Small menu, I mean small, 9 items total.Special Features:
- Undiscovered gem in Downtown Napa!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011Undiscovered gem in Downtown Napa!!! Had a great time with a bridal party while staying at Avia. Lovely decor and delicately prepared dishes...the mushroom soup with popcorn garnish was a surprising hit! Lamb chops juicy, pesto pasta outstanding, and the tender broccolini was sweet & perfect! Chef came out to greet us and made the whole evening a fantastic night to remember. Our faces and stomachs were all smiling!Special Features:
- The food and service wereLABNapaDined on 4/23/2011The food and service were very good. The hotel was crowded and I suspect that the guests go elsewhere. The plates are smaller and the menu somewhat limited, however everything was very tasty. I liked their table for 10 that was under a skylight.Special Features:
- Uninspiring menu, lack of ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2011I can't say i had a great experience at Avia Kitchen - it was dead quiet on a Saturday Friday night - only 3 other tables in the whole restaurant had patrons. The wait staff looked like they had been dragged in and were quite sullen in nature. The dishes were sharing dishes, which worked out quite well so you could try a few things on the menu - bad thing is that nothing was overly inspiring. The place would be quite nice for a romantic dinner as it was dimly lit with a scattering of nice couch areas.Special Features:
- Great spot located in a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/22/2011Great spot located in a wonderful boutique style hotel in downtown Napa. Thia was a real gem and we had a great night.Special Features:
- Great Hotel. Lousy restaurant.DineoftenVIPDined on 4/21/2011Great Hotel. Lousy restaurant. Hopefully Hyatt can make this work.
- Great food and NO CORKAGE!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/15/2011Great food and NO CORKAGE! Not a lot of other diners but my girlfriend and I were not uncomfortable.
- Avia is the overlooked fineDwolterVIPDined on 4/15/2011Avia is the overlooked fine restaurant in downtown Napa, perhaps because it is a hotel restaurant. The small plates menu is superb, and every offering is special.Special Features:
- Try it again in the future ...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/9/2011We will give them another chance ... in the future; seems like they have potential. Food was presented well, was fresh and portions perfect. The chef needs to come up with more flavor to compete in the Napa Valley at the price point ... just too ordinary right now. The taster they brought to the table first was dry, bland, over cooked Ahi. One of the big disappointments was the lousy chairs! Low backs and just uncomfortable. I sat at one end of a couch on my side of the table and the cushion sloped to the middle; it was miserable. The ambiance, chairs, no table clothes etc. kinda say "come and eat but don't stay too long." I hope they improve the comfort and add more flavor to a lot of the dishes ... it is a nice hotel!
- Very Good, if Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2011Despite some timing issues, we were very happy with the restaurant. The restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived (I believe we may have been the only customers), but it still took nearly two hours to go through drinks, starters, entrees, and desserts, acceptable in most cases, but frustrating when we had told them we had a show to get to. The servers were all friendly and reasonably efficient, they were just slow in getting things done. That said, the food was tasty and fresh, so no complaints there; they just need to pick up the speed of the service a little -- and a fuller bar would be most welcome.Special Features:
- Food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2011Food and service was excellent. We definitely will go back. Prices are very good for Napa. No corkage for locals, can't go wrong!Special Features:
- We were one of three tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/19/2011We were one of three tables occupied, which makes us wonder if this restaurant will make it. Food was fine, although the menu is limited (four choices for main dish). Service was very friendly and pleasant, but should have been more efficient given the absence of customers. The staff appears to be trying hard but lacking training on such basics as bringing bread without our having to request it, bringing an ice bucket without our having to request it twice, and serving from the right of the customer. It was O.K., but not a good value for the price.
- It was my second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/15/2011It was my second time dining at the Avia Kitchen this past weekend. My husband and I had a memorable dining experience the last time and made it a point to dine here again despite the many restaurants that are popping up around downtown Napa. While the service was still great, the quality of food was extremely disappointing. I recall enjoying savory plates with incredible flavors during our first visit last year. This weekend we shared a few plates, including the scallops and tortellini. The scallops were milky (as though they had been frozen) and the tortellini (which lacked flavor) tasted as though it came right out of a package - something that could have been easily prepared at home for much less.