141 West 69th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andanada141.com/
- Phone: (646) 692-8762
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 02:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Manuel Berganza Tome
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We specialize in custom catering. Contact us and tell us what you are looking and we will do it for you.We do upscale private parties to large events.
- Special Events: If you are looking for a place to perform any type of event, you can rent Andanada, since for a formal dinner or a tasting menu to a cocktail.
A word from Andanada
For a true Spanish dining experience, visit Michelin Star restaurant Andanada. Our chef, Manuel Berganza, turns traditional Spanish dishes into works of art, all while remaining true to the flavors of Spain. Just a few minutes away from Lincoln Center, this restaurant offers a true Spanish experience to the neighborhood of the Upper West Side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andanada reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (110)romantic (63)good for groups (57)special occasion (54)great for brunch (39)notable wine list (38)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (17)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- They never disappoint meOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014This was my fourth or fifth visit and it was excellent as always. I think the service and food are outstanding. The restaurant even honored my advance request for multi-grain bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ again Andanada!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Second time to Andanada and had another solid experience. Cool, romantic ambiance and the food and service are solid. Would certainly return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly TapasPiusDined on 11/19/2014Thoughtful, artful work in the kitchen, a charming front-room staff, and a relaxing atmosphere made this dinner an extremely pleasant experience. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE--DESERVES ITS ONE STAR 2XGREENPORTSALTYDined on 11/18/2014Superb Andalusian food, beautifully and simply presented and served (almost entirely) with great élan. Gets my top "yum-yum-yum" rating. Music following early dinner hour of singer/dancer and guitarist a plus. Host is a most gracious young man. GOOD FOR GROWN-UPS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANT - GREAT EXPERIENCEJoeyDined on 11/16/2014We have been to Andanada many times and have never been disappointed. We love having brunch there. We have brought guest with us and they have all been very pleased. It is a lovely, intimate spot with great food. We like it so much that we are having a party there later this week. It is a must try - you will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting so much more! So disappointedJerseygirlDined on 11/15/2014Was so looking forward to this place. Good proximity to the beacon theaters. We arrived and were promptly seated. Spanishnwine selection by the glass was excellent. However it all ended their. There was confusion as to "who had our table and would wait on us". When asked for suggestions between two items they said oh can't help there. Just a suggestion would be nice. Ordered a few small plates and things came out luke warm. We were so hungry we still kept eating however aside from being like warm the food was flavorless. We left hungry and actually stopped for pizza after. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- InnovativeJustFolksVIPDined on 11/14/2014Really interesting food in an attractive setting. And getting better and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service Not to parMjg1789VIPDined on 11/9/2014Food was excellent worth the Michelin star. Service need some fine tuning. Although we had a reservation we had to wait close to 30 min to be seated. Water was served in wine glasses by mistake. First appetizer took a long time to be served then all subsequent courses came without even a 30 second break between them. Way to fast between excellen dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spanish Restaurant in townJCAGDined on 11/8/2014This place is a Gem. I cant get tired of the tapas. They have nade soñé changes in the menú since the least time i was there and the New tapas are amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :(miasenDined on 11/8/2014for the money, the food was disappointing! I will not coming back!
- A most yummy meal!Bludvl89VIPDined on 11/8/2014The second time we've been to Andanada. We enjoyed the menu even more this time, and every dish we ordered was truly delicious (especially the cod, corn tortas and serrano tablas). The other great discovery was the cava sangria. We've had it both times, and it is a wonderful, light and refreshing accompaniment to the meal. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- GastrognomesGastrognomesVIPDined on 11/8/2014From the moment we walked in and were greeted by the manager they took exceptional care to make sure we had a wonderful evening. The food was superb, especially the Tapas including the meatballs in squid ink sauce, the roasted eggplant, sauteed shrimp in a spicy garlic sauce and of course the Jamon Serrano. This is not our first visit to the restaurant; it always gets better. No wonder they are the recent recipient of a Michelin Star.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Fantastic and authentic Spanish cuisine! From the pan con tomate to the paella, everything was perfect and brought me back to my time in Spain. Looking forward to bringing all of my family and friends there to share in the wonderful food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurantAndanadaVIPDined on 11/3/2014Best Paella and fabulous flamenco on Tuesday nights!Special Features:
- Outstanding in Every Way :)!BALouVIPDined on 11/2/2014We found this place by sheer "dumb luck": Looked up recently-awarded Michelin Star restaurants in NYC and stumbled upon this restaurant.....and BOY, this turned out to be a GREAT find! First off, the décor and ambiance was fantastic: It's a smaller venue, but very smartly decorated, aesthetically pleasing, and romantic. And the service received? FANTASTIC! Our server was engaging, very responsive, witty, and truly helpful. And he actually even WAITED for a break in conversation at our table, before speaking to us (vs. just walking up & interrupting us in mid-sentence, which seems to be the "new norm" these days)! Last but not least, the FOOD was SUPERB! Especially check out the PULPO A LA GALLEGA and ALBONDIGAS CON CALAMARES!Special Features:
- Dinner at AndanadaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had wonderful food, and had a wonderful time. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I were visiting New York for the weekend. The Concierge at the hotel I work at in Santa Fe, New Mexico recommended Andanada 141. I am glad that we made our reservation at 6pm, by 7pm the place was packed. The food was wonderful and flavorful. The wine list extensive. The service was attentive and detailed. We had the best time. On our next trip back to New York we will be dining at Andanada again. What a special night we had. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014The food is fabulous; service, not so good. Entrees are small, not much different from tapas plates so plan accordingly. If you order something to start & an entree, don't order them at same time or they'll come out together, or in our case, entrees arrived before starters. Ordered second drink after having to hunt down server, she later returned to take dessert & coffee orders, brought all that and 10 minutes after we finished, my drink arrived! If you have patience for that, then go to Andanada. Everything we ordered was outstanding and based on that, I'd recommend the restaurant with a caveat re service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never lets me downmermaidVIPDined on 10/31/2014I have been to this restaurant three times, and each time the food and service was wonderful. The food is creative, while authentic, and the portions are generous. This place truly seems to be a labor of love, and the staff appears to be happy to work there. Really charming and a wonderful respite after a long week of work.Special Features:
- Unique cuisineBack2NYCVIPDined on 10/28/2014Gourmet Spanish meal with mis en bouche and the works. Every dish a delight. The paella misto was superb and the stuffed eggplant- wow. Deserts-OTW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJosemichael1Dined on 10/25/2014We were able to quickly relax and enjoy the feeling of attentive non-pressured service. The portions of cuisine were light but the taste was excellent. Atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceAlvaroRocaDined on 10/25/2014Very few restaurants in NY can offer a experience of 1 Star Michelin restaurant (2 Stars Michelin Chef) at that price. I am from Spain and it is the closest to Spanish food you can get in NY. Highly recommended for any occasion.Special Features:
- What a nice surprise!RioinNjVIPDined on 10/22/2014I made this reservation the day before and, like every open Table restaurant, I was happily surprised about Andanada. I was welcomed by the staff and was by myself for a while waiting for a friend and they made sure they cater to my needs at all times. I tried a variety of tapas and they were all amazing! And to finish my delicious dinner, I ordered a french toast-like dessert that was to die for. I'll definitely go back!
- A perfect neighborhood findopentabledinerDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant deserves its Michelin star. The food is fabulous, innovative, and perfectly prepared. Atmosphere is classy yet low key. I give it an A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Tuesdays at AndanadaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014This was my first time at Andanada on a Tuesday (I had been there before but not on a Tuesday). I was surprised by the lovely atmosphere, who knew you could have such a great night at the beginning of the week! They have a Flamenco show, and apparently also have it on Sundays for brunch (i will def try that). They have changed their menu for the fall, I tried the Dorada a la Sal and it was superb! I'll be back!!Special Features:
- True Spanish diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I had a wonderful experience at Andanada. Our server was very informative about the menu and made great suggestions on food and sangria. The food was very tasteful and unique. I could also enjoy the Flamenco show which was amazing!Special Features:
- jsalVIPDined on 10/20/2014Went here for dinner. I had the brussel sprouts salad (good), the jamon serrano (excellent) with pan con tomate (good), and the Presa Iberica (very good). Service was friendly and attentive. The place was nice but a bit dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CB1939Dined on 10/18/2014No trip to New York worthwhile without dinner at AndanadaSpecial Features:
- SkipLolly211Dined on 10/18/2014Stopped in for an early dinner. The waitress was friendly and attentive, but the tapas we ordered took a very long time to come out. Some dishes we ordered never came out at all. We were not impressed with the food to say the least, so rather than ask for the missing dishes, we just had them taken off the bill. Would definitely not go back.
- Andanada is a quiet gemLuxeSpanishcuisineDined on 10/18/2014I enjoyed my first time at Andanada for brunch. Good portions and good selections. Wait staff were very courteous and helpful. The entertainment was wonderful. Beautiful gem that you would walk right passed. Glad I didn't.Special Features:
- Awful!!Frag1964Dined on 10/17/2014Very expensive and horrible food. Very friendly staff but the food was quite awful.
- Mr. PleasedOutoftownerDined on 10/17/2014Our goal was to find a good restaurant located between our hotel (79th) and Lincoln Center. My wife went online and found this listing. What a great surprise. The waitress was very sensitive to our timing issue, and made sure that we were among the first to be served. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was low key and comfortable. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We will absolutely return.Special Features:
- PaellafredoVIPDined on 10/16/2014Andanada is a very good Local Spanish restaurant,however the food was somewhat overpriced and the paella did not compare with the very authentic SoccaratSpecial Features:
- AndanadaLindaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Serious Spanish cooking in a friendly atmosphere. Great tapas and Sangria. Not your ordinary Spanish place but striving to e something more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella makes their profitlunchladyDined on 10/15/2014The fish was excellent, but the paella was not. The mussels and clams had almost no meat, the pieces of chicken were paper thin and the flavor was so-so. The squid appetizer was excellent and so was the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014This was y second time there and it was very different. This time the restaurant was crowded and we had to way over 1/2 hour for our table. Management was nice to treat us to sangria while we waited, but not until after some nudging and asking for the table on our part. We were hungry! Overall the food was good, with some dishes being really good. It is a very reliable kitchen. The ambiance was really nice too. Thanks for a good experience!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT PLACE!LSGHDined on 10/7/2014WONDERFUL FOOD, TERRIFIC SERVICE, NOT TOO BIG -- IF YOU WANT NOISE, GO ON TUESDAY EVENING WHEN THERE'S FLAMINGO DANCING AND GUITAR MUSICSpecial Features:
- Horrible food and service !!!SergioDined on 10/6/2014I will never go back to this place. The service was horrible. The food was so bad. Do not get fooled by the decor of this place.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable Spanish style mealThegoodlifeDined on 10/4/2014Excellent wine list (they have white Rojas by the glass and the bottle) Small tapas plates are actually very nice sized portions and are set up as traditional, modern and seasonal. We had the garlic shrimp and the octopus. The shrimp was good, but the octopus in a delicious cream/potato puree was the best octopus we've ever had. The table next to us had the tortos with choriza which also looked inviting. The service was excellent, courteous and knowledgeable. Prices were a little high, but within reason for NYC. My wife had the fluke and I had the skate. Both we good, but we preferred the butter pepper seasoning on the skate. Only downside is the usual seating issues in NYC restaurants, smallish tables for two packed closely together.Special Features:
- Once again, it was wonderfulfussyfoodieVIPDined on 9/29/2014We discovered Andanada a few months ago and know that our experience there was not a fluke. We recently returned and the food, wine and service were as excellent as before. My husband and I brought our daughter this time and the three of us shared everything. We had vegetarian paella with added shrimp, mussels and calamari and several tapas dishes. Not one choice was a disappointment and neither was desert. We each had a different wine and they were all wonderful too. The restaurant is wonderful about letting you try it first, even when ordering a glass. I highly recommend Andanada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.