141 West 69th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andanada141.com/
- Phone: 6466928762x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 02:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Manuel Berganza Tome
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We specialize in custom catering. Contact us and tell us what you are looking and we will do it for you.We do upscale private parties to large events.
- Special Events: If you are looking for a place to perform any type of event, you can rent Andanada, since for a formal dinner or a tasting menu to a cocktail.
A word from Andanada
For a true Spanish dining experience, visit Andanada. Our two-time, two-star Michelin chef, Manuel Berganza, turns traditional Spanish dishes into works of art, all while remaining true to the flavors of Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andanada reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)fit for foodies (88)romantic (74)special occasion (62)great for brunch (47)good for groups (46)notable wine list (40)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- An absolutely delightful findttttVIPDined on 9/18/2014Go off the beaten path Order something different and new and overwhelm and delight your taste budsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish food is here!CubanPrinceDined on 9/18/2014Finally a Spanish Restaurant we can count on. Very tasty and we'll presented selections to choose from. Having just returned from a trip to Barcelona. We felt like we were right back there. The various Tapas to choose from maintain the rich Spanish Tradition in taste and presentation one is looking for from a Spanish Restaurant. The Owner is watching everyone's moves to make sure your experience at Andanada's is everything you expected. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood oasisCarlosVIPDined on 9/16/2014Elegant but unpretentious with very good food and warm ambiance. Fine wine list with many reasonable prices. We have had dinner several times and will returnSpecial Features:
- Love this place!AppleDined on 9/16/2014We had a great time. I have been to Andanada several times with small groups and large. The food is wonderful and the wait staff is great. This restaurant will always be at the top of my list for my neighborhood nights.Special Features:
- Innovative tapas restaurantAtlantaDined on 9/13/2014I've been to Andanada three times - once with a large group of scholars and writers from Spain, once for a special family occasion, and once for a quiet dinner with a long-time friend. Each time I've found the food to be spectacular, the wine list interesting, and the service genuinely engaging and responsive without being pushy. Great for people who love traditional Spanish tapas and food...even better for those who will appreciate the innovative ways that Andanada puts a new spin on old standards such as croquetas, patatas bravas, and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish cuisine with FlairVickibickiVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my third trip to Andanada. Each time there were complimentary tastings of special tiny chef delights, graciously provided, and delicious. The paella (mixta) with chicken, pork and chorizo, was totally new and divine. Our waiter was busy with a private party in the garden room, but he continued to be attentive and took great care to assure our comfort. Next time will be on a night when there is Flamenco music. Great place!!!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceBusinessmanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Sunday brunch - great food. Interesting menu items. Food was delicious. Service was slow.Special Features:
- Had high hopesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Came b/c of the open table reviews, but food was bland and uninteresting
- Great Spanish Food & Ambianceat54Dined on 8/31/2014We went for brunch. The food was amazing - both the tapas and main dish. They reminded us of the great food we had on our trip to Spain. We were slightly concerned that the Flamenco would be kitschy and a distraction but it was great and wasn't overdone at all. Plenty of time to eat and talk and also enjoy great music and dance. Definitely a place we will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Authentic and CharmingJlowe88Dined on 8/30/2014The warm decor, Spanish guitar music, delicious food and excellent service made this a wonderful dining experience. I was looking for Spanish tapas and Andanada came highly recommended. What a lovely and memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsome food!liamyDined on 8/30/2014All the tapas that we had was excellent. For three ppl 3 tapas and one minimum paella was awsome. And theservice was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014It's so difficult to be surprised anymore and this place brings it from the service to the drinks to the food. Loved it. So worth the repeat we did again in same week.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014really great! id come back again and again! we love to make a meal out of tapas and this is an easy, comfortable casual place to do it.Special Features:
- A must go on the Upper WestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My friend and I had drinks and tapas at the bar after attending a movie nearby. We had the artichokes, octopus and croquettes and all were delicious! The servings were recommended for sharing and were generous. The wine was excellent as well and the bartender allowed us to taste first. A delightul experience overall!Special Features:
- You won a fan!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I went to Andanada for the first time and had a lovely experience. It was spacious and though it was crowded, it was not too loud. I The mussels called "tigres" was delicious, as well as the Pulpo a la Gallega. Plus the service was so nice. I'd go back here in a heartbeat. I loved the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMTeatsDined on 8/20/2014My friend and I enjoyed a fantastic meal at Andanada on a Wednesday night. We opted to choose several (5!) tapas to share between the two of us, and we were very satisfied with the quantity of food. We ate at a regular table indoors, but there was a lovely outdoor patio and a beautiful bar that would have been great settings also. Our waiter was well-informed and steered us in all the best directions - a great dinner overall!Special Features:
- AppleDined on 8/19/2014Lovely food, service and ambiance. The Tuesday night Flamenco guitarist and dancer are wonderful additions. I will be coming back with more friends and family.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDavidRDined on 8/17/2014Flamenco dancing topped off great food and good service. Would return.Special Features:
- Tapas on the UWSSeanFromWEHONYCVIPDined on 8/16/2014I discovered this restaurant via Living Social, & was so pleasantly surprised. It was truly wonderful. The Huevos Ibericos, or their brunch version of Eggs Benedict, was truly delicious. In place of Canadian bacon was Spanish chorizo. In place of the English muffin was soft brioche. The brunch sangrias were refreshing & not diluted. Service was attentive & friendly. It appeared that since it was the end of brunch period on a Saturday, the lone server was working assiduously to please & tend to each table. She did a great job. I was even surprised by the wonderful bread offered at seating to dip into olive oil. It was plentiful, fluffy, & sooooo good. My guest & I gobbled it up way before our food arrived. I will be back again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blah anniversary dinnerDiane17Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went in hopes of an enjoyable 27 year anniversary dinner. We've visited Spain and was excited about Andanada, for their food and ambience. We were disappointed with the service and our entrees. The paella mariscos was bland and mushy. Paella is a signature meal known to Spain so we were quite surprised at how weak the flavor was. Also the service was lacking, was not even offered a dessert menu. Would not go back again. Also very overpriced but their wine was exceptional .. Very overpriced .....Special Features:
- steph16Dined on 8/10/2014The restaurant had a great ambiance and Spanish cuisine. I went for brunch with my boyfriend for his birthday and they were more than happy to bring out his dessert with a candle to sing. There's a $20 all you can drink mimosas/sangrias, which was great. There was also a fantastic flamenco show with a dancer and guitarist. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- AndanadaVoraciousDined on 8/7/2014This is a fun, handsome restaurant with interesting Spanish food. I've previously come for tapas, but this time my friends and I had the 'restaurant week' dinner. For appetizers we had gazpacho and a cold monkfish dish -- both good. We all opted for seafood paella, which was enjoyable. The dessert failed (they embellished some lemon sorbet with fruit and a heavy pink foam; only the sorbet was edible). A bottle of white rioja was delicious, and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceAychArrGuyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Dinner at Andanada was really fantastic! The food was delicious, the service was top-notch and the atmosphere was fun! It was a little noisy but, overall, a really wonderful dining experience. BTW - the vegetarian paella was out of this world and far exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- bistroseekerDined on 8/5/2014Wonderful, imaginative Spanish food - and the flamenco guitar player and dancer added a great touch.Special Features:
- Lovely atmospherebeckyDined on 8/5/2014Had a delicious Restaurant Week dinner. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the food was interesting and tasty. The decor is beautiful. This night there was a dancer and guitar player who provided entertainment that was enjoyable and very suitable for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Great tapas selection; sardines were knockout, very good selection of wine from Spain. Definetely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!ManhattaniteFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time. Finally got around to it with a friend who was in town for a visit. We both loved the ambiance & of course, the food! We sat outside in the atrium area where natural light set up a quaint atmosphere. The bread was delicious & the Spanish olive oil for dipping was flavorful. I had paella & it was definitely a meal that can be shared by two people. We had the restaurant week menu & they certainly did not cut corners despite the price discount. I also had the rice pudding which was so good! The ice cream on top was really flavorful!! It was definitely home made & not store bought! Alvaro Reinoso, the owner gave us some shark meat fritters which was really good as well. Thanks Alvaro!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Introduced to me another Lincoln Center area spot. Casual with lovely decor and a sun room. Even has Flamingo dancing twice per week. The music was fantastic and the waiter gave us the playlist. The service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great place!ScoopyDined on 8/3/2014Highly recommend this restaurant. Food was imaginative and flavorful. Nice cocktail. Prices very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBogiesmomDined on 8/2/2014Great food with some surprises along the way. The service was perfect, very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at AndanadaOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went in Saturday afternoon for lunch. The menu was all brunch items, other than Paella that was for 2 or more. We ordered some cheese and Jamon Iberico to start and both were good. For the main course, we ordered the Paella and it was ok. Nothing special. It was our waitresses first day and it made for a fairly painful experience. I can't blame her for not being around when we needed her or not knowing the limited menu but I can blame the management. No one was around to help her. I felt bad for her but mostly felt bad that I chose Andanada during brunch. I have enjoyed dinner here multiple times, as it is just a few blocks from my apartment but I won't return during the day for sure.Special Features:
- Paella was overcooked and dry.NotcookingDined on 8/1/2014We chose the fixed menu thinking it was going to be specially good since it was the NY restaurant week. The gazpacho was bland, no flavor. The paella was so overcooked it was crispy! What is a Spanish restaurant without a good paella? I read a review critizising the paella. It was correct. I should not had made this reservation.
- Good For DatesNYCDiner2014Dined on 8/1/2014It is an intimate setting, good for dates; highly recommend their Sangria and scallop tartarSpecial Features:
- Very slow service and mediocre foodYasKVIPDined on 8/1/2014My paella was undercooked and it took forever for the server to come around to serve us. Slow service.Special Features:
- Overrated - terrible serviceEnzoBlackVIPDined on 8/1/2014I had high expectations given the price but everything about the place was mediocre to just plain bad. Service being the lowest point.
- Salty steak instead of pork.INinNYCDined on 8/1/2014Oddly, I ordered the pork and they brought me the steak. It had taken 20 or 30 minutes to get the food, and I wasn't about to wait another 20 or 30 minutes for the pork, so I ate the steak. Indeed, I had considered ordering it. It was decent. Good and flavorful at first, as time went on I was overwhelmed by the salt. The veggies were good. My wife enjoyed her salad and scallops. The host gave us a $20 discount for the mistake in the order, which I appreciated.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was a return trip for us as we were there in June. Food has been consistently good. In fact the chef agreed to prepare a Paella with the ingredients we desired not on the printed menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Tapaspairof8sVIPDined on 7/31/2014Very nice small plate place. Great atmosphere, nice staff, good food. Seems like a dependable find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remcookVIPDined on 7/31/2014Three of us had dinner, and enjoyed everything. However, the fried foods were bland and need some seasoning. Sardines were very good. The white rioja was wonderful.
- Spanish food Nr Lincoln CenterSoundeatsDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant had a wonderful Rioja that a young owner introduced us to. He said it was from his family's vineyard. His Enthusiasm was much better that the Morale and mood of the wait staff. The menu and food are promising and interesting, quite good. I need more visits to know about consistencies and quality of ingredients. The recipes are truly fine, both modern and classic and Truly from Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.