141 West 69th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andanada141.com/
- Phone: 6466928762x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 02:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Manuel Berganza Tome
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We specialize in custom catering. Contact us and tell us what you are looking and we will do it for you.We do upscale private parties to large events.
- Special Events: If you are looking for a place to perform any type of event, you can rent Andanada, since for a formal dinner or a tasting menu to a cocktail.
A word from Andanada
For a true Spanish dining experience, visit Andanada. Our two-time, two-star Michelin chef, Manuel Berganza, turns traditional Spanish dishes into works of art, all while remaining true to the flavors of Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andanada reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)fit for foodies (99)romantic (70)special occasion (61)good for groups (49)great for brunch (45)notable wine list (41)late-night find (20)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- A perfect neighborhood findopentabledinerDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant deserves its Michelin star. The food is fabulous, innovative, and perfectly prepared. Atmosphere is classy yet low key. I give it an A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Tuesdays at AndanadaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014This was my first time at Andanada on a Tuesday (I had been there before but not on a Tuesday). I was surprised by the lovely atmosphere, who knew you could have such a great night at the beginning of the week! They have a Flamenco show, and apparently also have it on Sundays for brunch (i will def try that). They have changed their menu for the fall, I tried the Dorada a la Sal and it was superb! I'll be back!!Special Features:
- True Spanish diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I had a wonderful experience at Andanada. Our server was very informative about the menu and made great suggestions on food and sangria. The food was very tasteful and unique. I could also enjoy the Flamenco show which was amazing!Special Features:
- jsalVIPDined on 10/20/2014Went here for dinner. I had the brussel sprouts salad (good), the jamon serrano (excellent) with pan con tomate (good), and the Presa Iberica (very good). Service was friendly and attentive. The place was nice but a bit dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CB1939Dined on 10/18/2014No trip to New York worthwhile without dinner at AndanadaSpecial Features:
- SkipLolly211Dined on 10/18/2014Stopped in for an early dinner. The waitress was friendly and attentive, but the tapas we ordered took a very long time to come out. Some dishes we ordered never came out at all. We were not impressed with the food to say the least, so rather than ask for the missing dishes, we just had them taken off the bill. Would definitely not go back.
- Andanada is a quiet gemLuxeSpanishcuisineDined on 10/18/2014I enjoyed my first time at Andanada for brunch. Good portions and good selections. Wait staff were very courteous and helpful. The entertainment was wonderful. Beautiful gem that you would walk right passed. Glad I didn't.Special Features:
- Awful!!Frag1964Dined on 10/17/2014Very expensive and horrible food. Very friendly staff but the food was quite awful.
- Mr. PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Our goal was to find a good restaurant located between our hotel (79th) and Lincoln Center. My wife went online and found this listing. What a great surprise. The waitress was very sensitive to our timing issue, and made sure that we were among the first to be served. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was low key and comfortable. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We will absolutely return.Special Features:
- PaellafredoVIPDined on 10/16/2014Andanada is a very good Local Spanish restaurant,however the food was somewhat overpriced and the paella did not compare with the very authentic SoccaratSpecial Features:
- AndanadaLindaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Serious Spanish cooking in a friendly atmosphere. Great tapas and Sangria. Not your ordinary Spanish place but striving to e something more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella makes their profitlunchladyDined on 10/15/2014The fish was excellent, but the paella was not. The mussels and clams had almost no meat, the pieces of chicken were paper thin and the flavor was so-so. The squid appetizer was excellent and so was the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014This was y second time there and it was very different. This time the restaurant was crowded and we had to way over 1/2 hour for our table. Management was nice to treat us to sangria while we waited, but not until after some nudging and asking for the table on our part. We were hungry! Overall the food was good, with some dishes being really good. It is a very reliable kitchen. The ambiance was really nice too. Thanks for a good experience!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT PLACE!LSGHDined on 10/7/2014WONDERFUL FOOD, TERRIFIC SERVICE, NOT TOO BIG -- IF YOU WANT NOISE, GO ON TUESDAY EVENING WHEN THERE'S FLAMINGO DANCING AND GUITAR MUSICSpecial Features:
- Horrible food and service !!!SergioDined on 10/6/2014I will never go back to this place. The service was horrible. The food was so bad. Do not get fooled by the decor of this place.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable Spanish style mealThegoodlifeDined on 10/4/2014Excellent wine list (they have white Rojas by the glass and the bottle) Small tapas plates are actually very nice sized portions and are set up as traditional, modern and seasonal. We had the garlic shrimp and the octopus. The shrimp was good, but the octopus in a delicious cream/potato puree was the best octopus we've ever had. The table next to us had the tortos with choriza which also looked inviting. The service was excellent, courteous and knowledgeable. Prices were a little high, but within reason for NYC. My wife had the fluke and I had the skate. Both we good, but we preferred the butter pepper seasoning on the skate. Only downside is the usual seating issues in NYC restaurants, smallish tables for two packed closely together.Special Features:
- Once again, it was wonderfulfussyfoodieVIPDined on 9/29/2014We discovered Andanada a few months ago and know that our experience there was not a fluke. We recently returned and the food, wine and service were as excellent as before. My husband and I brought our daughter this time and the three of us shared everything. We had vegetarian paella with added shrimp, mussels and calamari and several tapas dishes. Not one choice was a disappointment and neither was desert. We each had a different wine and they were all wonderful too. The restaurant is wonderful about letting you try it first, even when ordering a glass. I highly recommend Andanada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/29/2014A variety of tapas were offered. Tapas options were tasty but not remarkable in either taste nor presentation. Wait staff friendly, reasonably attentive, and and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Delightful Spanish FareAndrewVIPDined on 9/27/2014Delicious Spanish fare. The croquettes and goat cheese squash tapas are especially recommended. Fun, lively ambience. Excellent service. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDiningoutDined on 9/27/2014Great tapas and dinner setting for our party of 8. We had a wonderful dinner, great selection of tapas, and the restaurant helped make our celebration special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 9/27/2014I had a great time dining here and it's definitely on my radar for good Spanish cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and great foodManoloDined on 9/26/2014Went there with group of 6 and all agreed Andanada is welcome addition to the city and UWS, where good tapas are in short supply. Food was consistently good, but highest ratings go to the quality of service and general ambience. Owner came out to greet us at the end and was extremely friendly.Special Features:
- An absolutely delightful findttttVIPDined on 9/18/2014Go off the beaten path Order something different and new and overwhelm and delight your taste budsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish food is here!CubanPrinceDined on 9/18/2014Finally a Spanish Restaurant we can count on. Very tasty and we'll presented selections to choose from. Having just returned from a trip to Barcelona. We felt like we were right back there. The various Tapas to choose from maintain the rich Spanish Tradition in taste and presentation one is looking for from a Spanish Restaurant. The Owner is watching everyone's moves to make sure your experience at Andanada's is everything you expected. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood oasisCarlosVIPDined on 9/16/2014Elegant but unpretentious with very good food and warm ambiance. Fine wine list with many reasonable prices. We have had dinner several times and will returnSpecial Features:
- Love this place!AppleDined on 9/16/2014We had a great time. I have been to Andanada several times with small groups and large. The food is wonderful and the wait staff is great. This restaurant will always be at the top of my list for my neighborhood nights.Special Features:
- Innovative tapas restaurantAtlantaDined on 9/13/2014I've been to Andanada three times - once with a large group of scholars and writers from Spain, once for a special family occasion, and once for a quiet dinner with a long-time friend. Each time I've found the food to be spectacular, the wine list interesting, and the service genuinely engaging and responsive without being pushy. Great for people who love traditional Spanish tapas and food...even better for those who will appreciate the innovative ways that Andanada puts a new spin on old standards such as croquetas, patatas bravas, and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have recommended Andanada to several of our friends. A dining pleasure and a wonderful adventure in Spanish food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish cuisine with FlairVickibickiVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my third trip to Andanada. Each time there were complimentary tastings of special tiny chef delights, graciously provided, and delicious. The paella (mixta) with chicken, pork and chorizo, was totally new and divine. Our waiter was busy with a private party in the garden room, but he continued to be attentive and took great care to assure our comfort. Next time will be on a night when there is Flamenco music. Great place!!!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceBusinessmanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Sunday brunch - great food. Interesting menu items. Food was delicious. Service was slow.Special Features:
- Had high hopesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Came b/c of the open table reviews, but food was bland and uninteresting
- Great Spanish Food & Ambianceat54Dined on 8/31/2014We went for brunch. The food was amazing - both the tapas and main dish. They reminded us of the great food we had on our trip to Spain. We were slightly concerned that the Flamenco would be kitschy and a distraction but it was great and wasn't overdone at all. Plenty of time to eat and talk and also enjoy great music and dance. Definitely a place we will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Authentic and CharmingJlowe88VIPDined on 8/30/2014The warm decor, Spanish guitar music, delicious food and excellent service made this a wonderful dining experience. I was looking for Spanish tapas and Andanada came highly recommended. What a lovely and memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsome food!liamyDined on 8/30/2014All the tapas that we had was excellent. For three ppl 3 tapas and one minimum paella was awsome. And theservice was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014It's so difficult to be surprised anymore and this place brings it from the service to the drinks to the food. Loved it. So worth the repeat we did again in same week.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014really great! id come back again and again! we love to make a meal out of tapas and this is an easy, comfortable casual place to do it.Special Features:
- A must go on the Upper WestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My friend and I had drinks and tapas at the bar after attending a movie nearby. We had the artichokes, octopus and croquettes and all were delicious! The servings were recommended for sharing and were generous. The wine was excellent as well and the bartender allowed us to taste first. A delightul experience overall!Special Features:
- You won a fan!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I went to Andanada for the first time and had a lovely experience. It was spacious and though it was crowded, it was not too loud. I The mussels called "tigres" was delicious, as well as the Pulpo a la Gallega. Plus the service was so nice. I'd go back here in a heartbeat. I loved the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMTeatsDined on 8/20/2014My friend and I enjoyed a fantastic meal at Andanada on a Wednesday night. We opted to choose several (5!) tapas to share between the two of us, and we were very satisfied with the quantity of food. We ate at a regular table indoors, but there was a lovely outdoor patio and a beautiful bar that would have been great settings also. Our waiter was well-informed and steered us in all the best directions - a great dinner overall!Special Features:
- AppleDined on 8/19/2014Lovely food, service and ambiance. The Tuesday night Flamenco guitarist and dancer are wonderful additions. I will be coming back with more friends and family.Special Features: