Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar
1201 San Jacinto
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.andaluciatapas.com/
- Phone: (832) 319-6674
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Solero Flamenco Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00pm!
A word from Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar
Andalucia Tapas Restaurant and Bar offers a traditional Spanish cuisine. If you're looking for the most authentic and interesting dishes from Spain, Andalucia provides exactly that. Have a glass of Sangria and enjoy their live flamenco dancers and guitarist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (33)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Flamenco dancers= fun surpriseFoodisloveDined on 11/8/2014Great assortment of tapas, delicious sangria. Live music with flamenco dancers was very entertaining. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spanish FlamencoRogersDined on 11/8/2014Great food, fun vibrant atmosphere, As close to Barcelona as I can find in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was even betterReturningGuest2Dined on 10/31/2014I had been to Andalucia before and it was just as good, if not better the second time! The food was amazing, although you have to be willing to leave your comfort zone. And since it was a Friday night, they had folklorico dancers. I loved the music and ambiance, however it may have been a tad too loud. If you are in a group, as for a table away from the noise to talk. Oh and had loads of wine to choose from! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant has a lot of potential but unfortunately the two times I have been there the food was not very good but very expensive. The food tastes like they use a lot of canned ingredients and one can tell from the flavor. The chicken of the Paella was really dry and the rice was extremely overcooked. Additionally the supposed Spanish sausage was not real Spanish sausage at all. It tasted like it was breakfast sausage from Sam's. This is a very expensive restaurant that those live up to the expectations. The service was not good either. It took them a long time to take our order even it we asked several time. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I am not going back.
- Wonderful experienceKarenDined on 10/25/2014The food was FABULOUS!!!! Loved the variety. The seafood dishes we tried were OUTSTANDING....especially the sea scallops. Makes a wonderful 1st date, 2nd date....any date experience. The guys playing guitar were very talented. Will have to go back for the flamenco dancing, they didn't have it on the night i went. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the musicPRFoodieDined on 10/25/2014I've visited here multiple times and can say enough that having a spanish guitar band playing 70's disco cover songs, hotel California, etc does not set the mood well for a Andalucian tapas restaurant with a flamenco dancer. Is traditional Spanish music too much to ask from a Spanish restaurant? I'll be skipping the Flamenco show my next time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodtxchicVIPDined on 10/21/2014Since we just returned from a trip to Andalusia, Spain, we were craving some of the delicious cuisine we experienced there. So it is probably unfair to compare Andalucia Tapas to real Andalusian fare. It was good, but not what we had hoped for. Happy hour prices are extremely reasonable and service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great spot for TapasJayLauDined on 10/14/2014Good food, lots of variety. The tables are small and very close together. Address can be a little misleading, it's on the corner of Caroline and PolkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorfulGCF4Dined on 10/14/2014Great spot for a quick pre-concert meal. Excellent food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely loved itAnnaDined on 10/2/2014we enjoyed so much that now planning our daughter's party there in April, couldn't ask for a better place for us to celebrate this occasion with family & friendsSpecial Features:
- AndaluciaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014An authentic taste of Spain here in our Houston. I spent time in Barcelona, Madrid, and Pamplona (ran with the bulls at El Encierro) this summer and had high expectations of Andalucía. Although the restaurant itself was somewhat loud, it was energetic. The tapas came out one at a time, just like Spain. I thought that was great. This restaurant is a great place for big groups. Reserve a table!!! I sensed that the staff takes pride in this establishment. Terri was a fantastic server!!Special Features:
- Great foododeusVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food was really good. Best dish: Rape con Miel (monkfish with honey sauce). I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- ExcellentMundoDined on 9/20/2014This was our second visit to Andalucia and found the overall experience to be great. The first time (about 3 years ago), the food was good but not great. This time we found the food, the ambience, and the entertainment to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maravillosoenriqueDined on 9/13/2014Una maravillosa selección de tapas y vinos fríos y calientes. El vuelo de vino tinto era bien elegidos y muy bueno. Además, un gran valor. Fueron muy amables en llamar a un taxi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First of many visits to AndaluciamhgoldieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were going to the show and wanted to try a "new" place for us. A bit confusing on the directions they are actually on Caroline street NOT San Jacinto even though their mailing address is San Jacinto. Got settled in and asked our waiter, for a drink recommendation. Sangria! very good choice. Spent a few minutes on the menu and again with the servers help we got 4 lovely small plates to share. Everything was extremely well prepared and super tasty. The music started a Spanish Guitar player with a percussion back up. That was very entertaining and fun too. I almost wanted to blow off the show and just stay at Andalucía but would have lost points with girl friend so we went to the show. Great food, service and music. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and Great Floor Show!thumbCrusherDined on 8/1/2014You will not walk away hungry from Andalucia, and the food is perfect for any taste bud. We went on a Friday night, and there was a flamenco band and dancer putting on quite a performance. The restaurant did not have an empty table, so make sure you make a reservation ahead of time. The energy of the place and the enjoyment of the performances will have you mesmerized for hours. Plan accordingly! Oh, and if you're looking for a quite corner for conversation, you won't find it here on a performance night!Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Andalucia Tapas Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- perfect for the nightJEkpinDined on 7/15/2014I have been here one before and ur came to mind to make a reservation arrive I was stressing a concert at house of blues next door. Everything went as planned and my company enjoyed herself as well. Food was great (Patatas Bravas) as well as service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with FriendsHappyDinersDined on 7/9/2014We needed to eat quickly before attending a concert nearby. We had a terrific server who helped us choose a selection of yummy tapas on their specialty platter. We definitely plan to come back again when we can spend much more time sampling the food and drink specials and listen to the live Flamenco on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!BigMacDined on 7/9/2014In town for a concert and decided to try based on others reviews. Great selction, great service and excellant meal. Another couple suggested we try a platter which contained our 6 picks of differant tapas from the menu. THe platter was not listed on the menu, so not sure we would have known about it without their help. I highly recommend the establishment!!Special Features:
- Food and entertainment gem!RobertDined on 7/4/2014I have been here twice in the last month. Fridays and Saturdays they offer live Flamenco music; guitarist, percussion and dancer. Two 45 minute shows between 8pm and 10:30pm. The best free show in town. The food is spicey but you can request more or less spice to fit your taste. The food arrives fresh and hot and the waite staff are are attentive. This no rush to leave, no lingering is okay. One caution: if you are looking for a quiet romantic place this is not it - people come here to laugh, listen to music and enjoy themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!SailorGalDined on 7/1/2014We love this place. We always come here for the special occasions, it feels like we are back in Andalucia, Spain, where we fell in love 23 years ago. Great food, perfect ambiance, & the music & dancing are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and entertainmentjbenrnDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I love this place! We dine here as often as possible. The live performances are amazing and the food is unrivaled in flavor and variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCymmDined on 6/27/2014Great food in an environment that feels like Spain. Flamenco on weekends is not to be missed.Special Features:
- HappyTummyDined on 6/14/2014We had a memorable evening and will return. It was fun to introduce authentic Spanish cuisine to my friends.Special Features:
- Spanish food not really SpanishMC64VIPDined on 6/6/2014The food is average and unfortunately not really Spanish. Good Flamenco show and really good guitar player.Special Features:
- Good tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014Love this place. Good food service and drinks. Must have potato brava.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteVictorVDined on 5/17/2014Muy buen sitio, acojedor, como estar en familia; con la calidad en servicio y comidas de un restaurant de 5 tenedores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It made our anniversary memorAbleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The flamenco show was fantastic. And I ct like I was listened to when I request a great table when I made my reservation online-- we were up front. Our server was good, but a bit overshadowed since she also was serving a party of 50. The food was authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mohamed samehSamehDined on 5/9/2014Great experience, place noisy but flamenco show is niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great ambianceSomnathDined on 5/9/2014The place is a real energetic place with live music and dance. The food was good too, the tapas plates are filling. The only problem was I took my pregnant wife there and it was too noisy for her and we couldn't have a proper conversation.Special Features:
- Fun place, god foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/9/2014Solid Spanish tapas, but the best part is the flamenco performance. Also no children in sight!Special Features:
- in declineFoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2014I had been here before with friends and wanted to come back. The best dish I had was the Potatas Brava. The shrimp in garlic was good also. But the crab cakes needed more sauce. They were dry. The real disappointment was the lamb skewers. The meat was tough and the rice was cold. Not just cold from sitting out but cold right out of the fridge.
- Girls nightAdinerDined on 4/26/2014Had a great time and the dancing was awesome as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, quick serviceFoodieNHoustonDined on 4/23/2014Good selection of tapas and larger dishes. Sangria is nice and can order by the pitcher. A little noisy, but not too bad. Good location for event downtown, convenient for meal prior to Toyota Center and House of Blues events. We are able to get and out (with reservation) in less than a hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedBruceVIPDined on 4/19/2014Service was slow and unnatentive. Some food had to be sent back as it was undercooked and some served cold. Haven't written it off yet as the ambience was good - maybe just an off night.
- "An evening in Seville"LeotrvlsDined on 4/18/2014Andalucia Tapas restaurant & Bar in Houston, TX. was an AMAZING experience, the waitress Lia was great and the Flamenco performers were fantastic. It was our first time there so we had some questions that our waitress Lia took care of. I even had a special request for my entree and it was met without a flinch. When the tapas began to arrive the aroma was unbelievable but the not as unbelievable as the amazing flavor of these foods. The show was so engaging we forgot for a moment we were Not in Seville, Spain. We had an unforgettable evening! Will I do it again? In a heartbeat! Olé!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Tapas were good. We had all seafood since it was the last day of lent garlic shrimp were definitely the best thing we ordered. Tres leches was a little disappointing, could of been sweeter. Entertainment was pretty blah. Both of the dancers looked like they were just there like they had been every night. There was no draw to the crowd and the first set did not make us want to stay for the second. We still enjoyed ourselves. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Would we go back? Yes, but more likely to try a different tapas restaurant with a better vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most items on the menu are friedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014If you are looking for healthy food, head elsewhere.Special Features:
- This was our first visit andBaronMarbotVIPDined on 3/7/2014This was our first visit and we will be sure to return. What a great spot and service and food were very authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceHowardDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I ate there this last Friday night for Valentines day. This was our second time there and my wife really enjoys the music show and the food. I grew up in Spain and moved here in 1982, so I am well aware of what Spanish food should look like and taste like. My mother was also a flamenco instructor and I took lessons as a child so I know what a flamenco show should look like. So that being said, I would have to say that this place is as close to being in Spain as you can get! Good food and great atmosphere!Special Features: