Ancora Cucina Italiana
19647 Ventura Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ancora Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ancoracucinaitaliana.com/
- Phone: 8188818411
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Ancora Cucina Italiana
Benvenuti! Welcome to the authentically delicious Italian cuisine! Ancora Cucina Italiana has now opened its kitchen, dining room and its heart to everyone in San Fernando Valley! After a few years of absence, Fabrizio Amati and Salvatore Caredda are back in the ValleyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ancora Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)special occasion (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- letseatoutDined on 9/12/2014consistent. Pizza is wonderful! Fish dishes are lovely.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian food.AshermusicDined on 8/23/2014Rigatoni Bosciola and wild mushroom ravioli with truffle oil are to die for. Service was excellent. Charming ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJfamilyfavoriteDined on 8/23/2014Not as good as it used to be. I added the $5 meatballs to my pasta dish and got 4 tiny ones. Kind of a joke. But, I didn't laugh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehSirDinezALotDined on 8/18/2014Pasta dishes were uninspiring in every way. The arribiata sauce on my penne had a bunch of sugar added. The pasta itself seemed store bought. The service was great, with a helpful and eager staff that was attentive without being overbearing. I would not dine there again, however, as I could have better, quicker and easier if I just cooked at home.
- My YELP review for Ancora CucinabunnykvDined on 8/9/2014From the moment I walked in the door until the moment I left three hours later, the entire experience was wonderful. This restaurant is a little gem in the West Valley. The staff (especially the amazing, beautiful, and accommodating Nicole and the ? owner who passed by frequently and asked if everything was okay) were great, as was the prompt and attentive service...and separate checks for a party of eleven!! My entire group couldn't praise the restaurant enough and everyone enjoyed their food. I selected the Pumpkin Ravioli which is TO DIE FOR!! It was so delicate and full of flavor. The restaurant is relatively small and cozy with a very nice clientele . A truly wonderful evening at a truly charming restaurant. This is a KEEPER!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliablevalleymomVIPDined on 8/3/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant for dinner since it was under the same ownership as 'La Finestra.' We were very happy to find great service, delicious food, and a lively atmosphere. We took our own wine and corkage was only $8. We will definitely return agin and very soon.Special Features:
- Ehh.StephanieBlumDined on 7/31/2014We were the only people there at lunch time. The food was just OK.
- Good Italian in Tarzana?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2014That right Tarzana. I had a pounded ny steak with red peppers and other seasoning it was fantastic. The service was a bit slow and it took a long time for the food and drink orders to arrive but the food was very good but don't forget to save room for the cannoliI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014Great Italian food at reasonable prices. Management always present and greeting tables. good serviceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentmaddyDined on 6/23/2014Better then expected. Love the restaurant and would go back very soon! Our new favorite place.Special Features:
- Good food, cheerfully served.PsychDined on 6/15/2014The service was attentive and cheerful. I had branzino, prepared without capers, as I had requested, and it was delicious. The other people at the table were very pleased with their orders, too. Generally, good Italian food!Special Features:
- happyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Authentic Italian food with great flavors. Salads are huge, delicious gazpacho, pastas are devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014Had heard about this restaurant from a friend who said it was good. We live in the neighborhood and thought we'd give it a try. The service was awful!! It seemed only one waitress and who I assumed to be the owner were working. The place was pretty crowded too. To get their attention was very difficult, after a while I literally had to mouth to the waitress "can we order please?" She sent the owner to finally take our order. Most of the food was good but my husband had order spaghetti & meatballs and it was awful, very plan. I could compare it to Sphaghetti O's in a can. The slow service continued, I do not think we will go back, though most of the food was pretty good.
- The following 70 reviews are from the Ancora Cucina Italiana reviews archive.
- great italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014this was a great italian restaurant located in tarzana. Great food, better service and overall a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- happydinerVIPDined on 5/5/2014Never fails to delivery consistently good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Food was terrific and we were treated extremely well, though we came with a large group of 12 that wound up being 13. They were attentive and let us stay longer than we should have. Great vibe. Highly recomendSpecial Features:
- Wish I could keep it a secret...luv2dineoutVIPDined on 4/10/2014I almost didn't write a review as I don't want everyone to find out about this wonderful place! But that wouldn't be fair to the gracious owners and their great restaurant. There were seven us of celebrating my mother's birthday; we wanted a change of pace and my parents pretty much only eat Italian food so we decided to try Ancora Cucina. What a great choice we made (thanks to Open Table as would likely never have found it on our own)! Every single dish was cooked to perfection, seasoned perfectly, well portioned, and just delicious! The lighting was great; it wasn't overly crowded so not terribly noisy; the seating comfortable. This is definitely my new favorite Italian restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- consistent and excellenthappydinerVIPDined on 3/29/2014One of best Italian restaurants. Food is hot and salad is always fresh. Friendly service. Small parking lot.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectations --EKJKDined on 3/14/2014Our first time here - very much enjoyed our evening. Our meal was excellent, the menu is quite extensive and has some nicely creative dishes. The service was prompt and very accommodating. One of the specials we had was Osso Buco, one of the largest and tenderest we have had. Served with al dente pasta in a tomato sauce that was definitely not from a can. This restaurant is well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GO TO Italian restaurantMsfoodieDined on 2/22/2014Loved the place ...went with 10 people and everyone really liked their food. Moderate prices and an $8.00 corkage fee. Red sauces were excellent, salmon, Oso Bucco, Trout, Veal, Calimari very good. Ceasare Salad fair. Desserts great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Around the cornerBrendeVIPDined on 2/20/2014Thanks to Open Table we returned to Ancora and pleased with our meal and waitress Josephania (sp) perfect. Love their special soups and salads fresh and tasty! Can't go wrong with any choices, husband loves the pasta and I favor the chicken dishes! Will definitely return only draw back is limited parking spaces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food.BobFDined on 1/30/2014Food is consistently good. Nothing fancy but always tasty. Staff is extremely friendly and available. They used to waive the corkage fee but now they have it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo GoodstaceyDined on 1/29/2014Love this place. Every dish is great!!! You gotta eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go back. Decor depressingBB415VIPDined on 1/24/2014Would not go back. Decor depressing. Entire restaurant needs a makeover, food mediocre.
- Not going to go ancoraUncleRonVIPDined on 1/15/2014A neighborhood joint with a neighborhood vibe. Everyone knows the owner and vice versa. The service was as local as the customers and so was the cooking. If you're close and really hungry, OK so go. Otherwise drive on.
- ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014This is a great Italian restaurant - outstanding and authentic Italian food, friendly and helpful service as well as owners that pay attention to customer needs. Will certainly return for more good food. In fact, my 12 year old granddaughter wants her family dinner at this location.Special Features:
- Worth the DrivearthurDined on 1/4/2014We drive from Santa Monica for this great Italian food. The prices are reasonable for the quality of food. Also, the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- First time winnerVinnyDined on 1/3/2014Had never been and was very pleased with the food and service, will go back for sure. I went with my cousins and a friend and everyone agreed it was a great find, the servers were fun and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood GemPienzaVIPDined on 12/31/2013Passed this place numerous times without blinking an eye... Finally had a chance to try on New Year's Eve 2013, and was very surprised by the nice interior, the attentive service, and very solid, delicious food... The burrato with proscuitto was excellent; I would go back for the burrata alone. The ravioli with mushroom and truffle oil was a spectacular new dish we had never tried before, and it knocked it out of the park... We were too full to really explore the dessert menu, but I enjoyed the spumoni cake, which somehow gave me a flashback of a childhood memory... Very impressed as we normally have to travel far for good Italian...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pastaChichiDined on 12/13/2013Nice variety of Italian dishes, pasta really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tomato basil sauce isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2013The tomato basil sauce is excellent!! I have had several different dishes with this sauce: consistently great. It is a Neighborhood gem & they have a reasonable corkage fee. My wife and I love to bring a bottle of wine and enjoy this intimate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And I passed it a million times....TalkshowzDined on 11/22/2013I passed this restaurant a million times......it took a friends recommendation to get me in. Now they won't be able to get me out. Authentic Italian with an east coast bent........I loved the food. They made me feel welcome and inportant.........they work hard and succeed. I'm very particualar about eating good food...........I felt like I was a in Boston's northe end....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but busy Italian restaurant!ShopsafariDined on 11/9/2013We walked in to find a very busy scene with almost every table filled in the moderately sized place. The tables were relatively close together, packed in like in NY and there was a high level of noise. We had a reservation, but we had to wait a little bit before being seated. The food choices were very good. I had the trout and my husband had a pasta with chicken and pink sauce. Both dishes as well as the salad were great. They also split the salad for us to share for no extra charge. Overall, we liked the meal and service but found the ambiance with the all the noise and tables packed together less desirable .I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good well cooked interestingFoodiemanVIPDined on 11/9/2013very good well cooked interesting menu Italian place in the valley. will keep coming back; place was packed on a saturday night, a very good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new Favorite Italian RestaurantSheriandBillVIPDined on 11/8/2013Just a few miles from our house sits Ancora, a small unassuming Italian restaurant on Ventura Blvd. Not sure why we had never tried it before, but we are sure glad we finally did. It is definitely one our new favorites and we have been back 3 times since we found it. The food is delicious, the atmosphere is nice and the service is wonderful. You must try the salmon tartare as a starter as it just melts in your mouth. My favorite entree is the pasta with eggplant and mozzarella. I've had this dish at many restaurants, but this one leaves me speechless.Special Features:
- Some dishes are excellentCraymanDined on 11/7/2013We had a party of 8, and have to give a mixed review. I had the mushroom ravioli, and I thought it was sensational. Other folks were not as impressed with their meals, so I have to give the food 3 starts, even though mine was full of 5 star flabor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/2/2013Always an enjoyable dining experience. Food is always good. Owners and staff make you feel welcome and greet you like old friends.Special Features:
- excellent italian foodK9LOVERVIPDined on 10/19/2013Stumbled on this place first time around and came back a week later for birthday celebration. The owner and servers are very friendly and nice. The place can get very crowded and the noise is the only drawback. The food is excellent. Great minestrone soup and ceasar salad to start. Loved the chicken Parm. pounded flat with good amount of cheese and tasty pink sauce. The pastas we have tried have all been very good. The prices are very reasonable for the portions and tasty food. I will definitely continue to come back when in the area.Special Features:
- Take a passJudyVIPDined on 10/12/2013Service was very slow. Waited a while for our table to get bussed even though we had a reservation. Food took awhile and was just ok. Once our server took our order we never saw her again until the end. Maybe an off night for them. Even the people at the table next to us were complaining.
- We had a reservation but stillGourmetVIPDined on 10/12/2013We had a reservation but still had to wait 20 minutes. There was no place to sit and we were hardly acknowledged. However, once we were seated we had a lovely waitress and the food was very good. They were short on help and although they seemed to be trying their best it was a poor start. We will be back as the food is very good, portions generous and with an $8.00 corkage it makes a great find. We will be backSpecial Features: