548 Old Dundas Road
Ancaster, ON L9G 3J4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ancastermill.com/restaurant/index.html
- Phone: (905) 648-1828
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Jeff Crump
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A wide variety of catering options are available for 10-1000 guests. Whatever your theme or style, our talented team of hospitality professionals create memorable events.
- Private Party Facilities: The Ancaster Mill also offers private rooms from 10-to 225 guests for Weddings, Special Occasions and Corporate Events. Our special event consultants will co-ordinate and personalize your entire event. Our modern amenities, friendly and attentive staff and fantastic cuisine will ensure to exceed your expectations.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Alderson/Vicki DeNardis 9056481828x
- Entertainment: Contemporary and Jazz piano offered most weekends.
A word from Ancaster Mill
The beautifully restored Ancaster Mill boasts a picturesque and Historic setting. The Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of waterfalls and naturally landscaped gardens. The interior decor accents the authentic look with warm earth tones and large stone fireplaces, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ancaster is home to one of Canada"s most diverse and productive agricultural regions. With seasonal offerings inspired by Landmark Group's Earth to Table philosophy, Ancaster Mill's menus offer impeccable local ingredients from neadby farms and food artisans. The Ancaster Mill beverage selection compliments this with featured signature drinks and an expansive Wine List, including several by-the-glass selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ancaster Mill - Best Restaurants in Ancaster ›
Ancaster Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (96)special occasion (94)great for brunch (67)romantic (66)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great spot for a fabulous brunch. Variety for everyone. Very fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I went there to celebrate my birthday last Nov. 23, 2104. Food and ambiance is great . My husband and I would just want to comment on one thing though, dining there is good but we don't like the idea that server ( Michael ) keeps on checking our table and ask us if we are done or not. I mean it is brunch buffet, you can't expect people to eat so fast as we want to enjoy talking and want to relax first before getting another plate of food. We are not the usual type of diners who excitedly stuffed ourselves with food because that is not nice. I understand that there are a lot of customers waiting as it is Sunday and it is family day but I hope your servers will not make it too obvious that they want the customer to leave and finish off. That is not nice at all. Besides paying almost 100CDN is a lot for a brunch buffet. we sat there 930 and left at almost 11 am by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BerylDined on 11/16/2014Perfect for brunch. Great restaurant in a perfect setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingluvgoodfoodDined on 11/16/2014Love the Sunday brunch, which has become a tradition. Lunch is also amazing! Our server Liz was very friendly, attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful evening!BackInOntarioDined on 11/9/2014We were a group of 4 women who decided to have a girl's night out and I'm so glad to have chosen this location. I have recently returned to the Burlington after having lived in NB for the past 7 years and this was our way to celebrate my return. What a wonderful evening we all had!The food was amazing, along with a notable wine list and great ambiance and views. I will return with more friends and family members to share this gem with them. Thank you for the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014We love the Ancaster Mill. We are thinking of getting married there because we love it so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ancaster MillBrunchersDined on 11/9/2014The Ancaster Mill offers an extensive variety of excellent foods for Sunday Brunch, along with the beautiful stream and waterfall. The service staff are attentive and informative. As a family, the Ancaster Mill is our first choice for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaireGottagoDined on 11/7/2014The people looking after you from car drop off to the server to management we're all great to talk to. Friendly and helpful and knowledgeable of their cuisine.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday BrunchbrookvillemomDined on 11/2/2014This was our second time at the Ancaster Mill and it did not disappoint! I had chosen to go there for my birthday since all three of my kids were available to join us. We had an excellent time. The food was fantastic. As I said to my husband after - there was not one item that was not absolutely delicious. We will be back in the future and I've been recommending it to everyone I've talked to since Sunday. Thanks!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchWoodyDined on 11/2/2014Our first visit to Ancaster Mill was for Sunday Brunch, and it was memorable for all the right reasons. Just excellent. Company, Location, Service, Food ... all five star plus. We have already recommended it to our friends.Special Features:
- happyoneDined on 11/2/2014Its been many years since our last visit. Iwas amazed to see the subdivisions so close . My granddaughter and friend attend Mcmaster and were totally unprepared for the quality they experienced. We booked for 10 Dec21. Gren DenhamSpecial Features:
- Jadedtier2Dined on 10/28/2014The Mill's lovely scenic location is its greatest feature. We were there on a Tuesday evening and the service was attentive and timely. The food was acceptable but not stunning. I found the lamb that was featured as "lamb two ways" came as only the rack(4 bones) with no explanation. The meat was difficult to cut. Overall the entire meal was palatable but not special. My partner's tenderloin was cooked as specified - however, his truffle fries were judged the best of his meal. We enjoyed the dessert (profiteroles). Unfortunately we found that the price of the meals is higher than the quality we found. We will not be frequent customers.Special Features:
- Below my expectationBelowDined on 10/26/2014I've been there many times, but this time I was disappointed. Less variety of food, no freshly squeezed juice, no live music(piano), and more expensive than what I used to pay. Not worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Views but Lacking Servicekn1994Dined on 10/22/2014The views are amazing, and so is the food but when it came to being served in a timely manner the Old Mill was lacking. It look a considerable amount of time to get our starters and even longer to get our mains which was surprising considering it was a Wednesday at 1pm. But we would definitely go back again but hope that the service improved. The Maitre d, was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambianceJorgenhDined on 10/19/2014Went in wanting a steak but found the Sunday special more pleasing. It included chicken, lamb and pork. Very tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I have not been back to the Ancaster Old Mill in 20 years. We were impressed with all the changes. It's a special place to go for dinner. Food and service was excellent!I'm not complaining about the food at all but would have liked to see more food selection. When I viewed the menu online there were more choices then the menu offered when I arrived at the restaurant. Food was excellent. Everything was delicious. Water tasted so good...you must have an excellent filtering system. These are the little things that contribute to making it a great eating experience. Keep it up! Should have background music in the reception area while people are waiting to be seated. Need more background music in the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weemacDined on 10/19/2014not even close to what it once was don"t even think about a 2:30 brunch time cold food or food that has sat too longSpecial Features:
- Best brunchAJG1Dined on 10/19/2014Great view and amazing food Server was a little off in forgetting things and slow. However it was a brunch buffet styleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesfuntimeDined on 10/19/2014the mill has changed its positioning since we were last there....they have taken an additional room for tables and moved all of the food to the main room and for some reason i did not like this....the beeper from the waffle machine went off all of the time and there was no seperation of the food types...i think that this hinders it more than makes it good....it did not seem as personal to me as before but the food was as good as a buffet can be with all of the restrictions allowed....i would definitely go back even though the price is now $37.00 ppSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJillianDined on 10/12/2014Your food is always amazing and the presentation is always outstanding..... LOVE the Mill !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and excellent service. Nice place for special occassions.Special Features:
- Tasty food.ZakMckrackenDined on 10/7/2014Man that's a Purdy waterfall. Tasty, but small portions.Special Features:
- SilverspoonDined on 10/5/2014Great decor fabulous food served by friendly staff. The experience starts from the greeting at the entrance until you walk out. We felt a little bit rushed at the end but overall we had a lovely afternoon and walked out full but not stuffed. The food is fresh, tasty and nicely presented. Would highly recommend it. It is a lovely place to celebrate special events or just to make any day a special one. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- artabancamperDined on 10/2/2014First time at the Ancaster Mill. Our lunch menu was awesome and we loved the view at the window and the friendly service. Will definitely return another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations metZabsterDined on 9/28/2014Great setting and ambiance. Service prompt, professional and cheerful. Food and drink above average but I do wish they had Stella on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We attended for our one year anniversary. We got married at the Old Mill, and want to make it a yearly occasion to return on each anniversary for dinner. I mentioned when booking, that I would like a seat near the waterfall, and we had the best table in the house :) Our server was very friendly, and attentive. The food, well, the food is always delish (especially the apple butter with bread). I will be back, and I always recommend people attending the Old Mill if they enjoy a lovely evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!MirelaDined on 9/23/2014We choose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it exceeded our expectations. The service was excellent, and our meal (octopus, lobster and duck) was delicious. We were quite delighted with the complimentary dessert. We would like to thank the staff and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a taste of Canadian historyHistoryforbrunchDined on 9/21/2014Was it a Canadian who invented brunch? The beautiful ambiance and setting of the mill added to the incredible serve and food we enjoyed for my husband's birthday brunch. OUr server was attentive and charming. We'll be back- to celebrate and enjoy another occasion, and another and another...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf4usDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our evening. Great food and wonderful service. Love the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysMattmanVIPDined on 9/16/2014I live this spot. Whether for business or pleasure the view is wonderful and the food is delicious. Try the truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated FamilyFancyDinnerDined on 9/14/2014Promised by young teenage daughters a "fancy" dinner to celebrate Grad and other accomplishments. My Parents came along and we had a lovely "family-style" meal with a view of the water fall. Our server Stephanie was delightful --- she knew just how to make my kids feel special with the Mocktails and then we were served a special bubbly drink to help celebrate all of the family events. The food was just fancy enough -- but not toooo fussy for my kids to try some new items (Lamb). Thanks Ancaster Mill for helping to make this "Fancy Dinner" memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy repeat visitors.EliLilly1Dined on 9/14/2014My parents started bringing me to Sunday brunch when we were in Canada on our annual vacation (we're from the States). This was probably almost my 30th time at the Mill and I think it was the best brunch,yet.Special Features:
- 32 wedding Anniversary DinnerDisappointedDined on 9/11/2014Dinner for anniversary. ,told we could not have the table we asked for as we came in, only after we went in did we see that the table was available it only needed to be cleaned. asked to wait at the bar. bar tender looked annoyed,no smiles . ordered our drinks , let to our table.Our waiter had no charm or personality seemed rude and arrogant. we had our drinks ,he took the wine menu ,not asking if we wanted something else. Ordering our meal;he did not offer if their were any specials,I had to ask.My wife ordered a small sirlion ;he tried to sarcasticly to have her change her order for a ribeye saying why would you order a small one if you could have a big one.Our food arrived cold and had to sent back.It was not a good evening.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerDinnerDined on 9/7/2014Food was very good and enjoyed. The server, very upbeat, would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchAnniversaryoutingDined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed the champagne brunch. We were there to celebrate our very good friends anniversary. The table that looked out on the water falls was so nice. The food was delicious and very fancy. And the waitress was very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 9/7/2014The Milll was equivalent to a landmark with great views of the "rapids".We did not expect such a spectacular setting. The brunch was excellent. We would highly recommend the Mill to any looking for something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceYummDined on 9/7/2014Our waitress was wonderful! Very attentive but didn't make us feel rushed. The food was very fresh and full of flavour. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Sisters lunchkt13Dined on 9/3/2014Our sister was visiting us from New Zealand so my other sister who lives on the Hamilton Mountain suggested we meet at the Old Mill. We requested the back corner of the restaurant where the waterfall is. When we arrived at 12:55 we were seated immediately at a perfect table as requested. We ordered a lovely bottle of New Zealand white wine. The waitress took our order when she poured our wine. Then she took the white wine bottle with her. We didn't see wine or food until 1:45. When the lunches came out, 2 of them were 10 minutes ahead of the third. We had to ask for our wine. We were not in a rush but certainly would have appreciated more attention. We all decided that it would be a while before we visited again.Special Features:
- Great place and very romanticrobmvDined on 8/31/2014I highly recommend this place for a romantic date and special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placeomtapaul81Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first time in the restaurant and e really enjoyed it. We got married in the outside chapel there last year and we wanted to celebrate our first year anniversary there and it was the best place we could have ever chosen. It was also great that we got a table on the side that I asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.