548 Old Dundas Road
Ancaster, ON L9G 3J4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ancastermill.com/restaurant/index.html
- Phone: 9056481828x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Jeff Crump
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A wide variety of catering options are available for 10-1000 guests. Whatever your theme or style, our talented team of hospitality professionals create memorable events.
- Private Party Facilities: The Ancaster Mill also offers private rooms from 10-to 225 guests for Weddings, Special Occasions and Corporate Events. Our special event consultants will co-ordinate and personalize your entire event. Our modern amenities, friendly and attentive staff and fantastic cuisine will ensure to exceed your expectations.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Alderson/Vicki DeNardis 9056481828x
- Entertainment: Contemporary and Jazz piano offered most weekends.
A word from Ancaster Mill
The beautifully restored Ancaster Mill boasts a picturesque and Historic setting. The Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of waterfalls and naturally landscaped gardens. The interior decor accents the authentic look with warm earth tones and large stone fireplaces, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ancaster is home to one of Canada"s most diverse and productive agricultural regions. With seasonal offerings inspired by Landmark Group's Earth to Table philosophy, Ancaster Mill's menus offer impeccable local ingredients from neadby farms and food artisans. The Ancaster Mill beverage selection compliments this with featured signature drinks and an expansive Wine List, including several by-the-glass selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ancaster Mill - Best Restaurants in Ancaster ›
Ancaster Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)scenic view (89)romantic (67)great for brunch (60)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great foodJillianDined on 10/12/2014Your food is always amazing and the presentation is always outstanding..... LOVE the Mill !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and excellent service. Nice place for special occassions.Special Features:
- Tasty food.ZakMckrackenDined on 10/7/2014Man that's a Purdy waterfall. Tasty, but small portions.Special Features:
- SilverspoonDined on 10/5/2014Great decor fabulous food served by friendly staff. The experience starts from the greeting at the entrance until you walk out. We felt a little bit rushed at the end but overall we had a lovely afternoon and walked out full but not stuffed. The food is fresh, tasty and nicely presented. Would highly recommend it. It is a lovely place to celebrate special events or just to make any day a special one. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- artabancamperDined on 10/2/2014First time at the Ancaster Mill. Our lunch menu was awesome and we loved the view at the window and the friendly service. Will definitely return another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations metZabsterDined on 9/28/2014Great setting and ambiance. Service prompt, professional and cheerful. Food and drink above average but I do wish they had Stella on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We attended for our one year anniversary. We got married at the Old Mill, and want to make it a yearly occasion to return on each anniversary for dinner. I mentioned when booking, that I would like a seat near the waterfall, and we had the best table in the house :) Our server was very friendly, and attentive. The food, well, the food is always delish (especially the apple butter with bread). I will be back, and I always recommend people attending the Old Mill if they enjoy a lovely evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!MirelaDined on 9/23/2014We choose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it exceeded our expectations. The service was excellent, and our meal (octopus, lobster and duck) was delicious. We were quite delighted with the complimentary dessert. We would like to thank the staff and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a taste of Canadian historyHistoryforbrunchDined on 9/21/2014Was it a Canadian who invented brunch? The beautiful ambiance and setting of the mill added to the incredible serve and food we enjoyed for my husband's birthday brunch. OUr server was attentive and charming. We'll be back- to celebrate and enjoy another occasion, and another and another...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf4usDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our evening. Great food and wonderful service. Love the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysMattmanDined on 9/16/2014I live this spot. Whether for business or pleasure the view is wonderful and the food is delicious. Try the truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated FamilyFancyDinnerDined on 9/14/2014Promised by young teenage daughters a "fancy" dinner to celebrate Grad and other accomplishments. My Parents came along and we had a lovely "family-style" meal with a view of the water fall. Our server Stephanie was delightful --- she knew just how to make my kids feel special with the Mocktails and then we were served a special bubbly drink to help celebrate all of the family events. The food was just fancy enough -- but not toooo fussy for my kids to try some new items (Lamb). Thanks Ancaster Mill for helping to make this "Fancy Dinner" memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy repeat visitors.EliLilly1Dined on 9/14/2014My parents started bringing me to Sunday brunch when we were in Canada on our annual vacation (we're from the States). This was probably almost my 30th time at the Mill and I think it was the best brunch,yet.Special Features:
- 32 wedding Anniversary DinnerDisappointedDined on 9/11/2014Dinner for anniversary. ,told we could not have the table we asked for as we came in, only after we went in did we see that the table was available it only needed to be cleaned. asked to wait at the bar. bar tender looked annoyed,no smiles . ordered our drinks , let to our table.Our waiter had no charm or personality seemed rude and arrogant. we had our drinks ,he took the wine menu ,not asking if we wanted something else. Ordering our meal;he did not offer if their were any specials,I had to ask.My wife ordered a small sirlion ;he tried to sarcasticly to have her change her order for a ribeye saying why would you order a small one if you could have a big one.Our food arrived cold and had to sent back.It was not a good evening.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerDinnerDined on 9/7/2014Food was very good and enjoyed. The server, very upbeat, would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchAnniversaryoutingDined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed the champagne brunch. We were there to celebrate our very good friends anniversary. The table that looked out on the water falls was so nice. The food was delicious and very fancy. And the waitress was very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 9/7/2014The Milll was equivalent to a landmark with great views of the "rapids".We did not expect such a spectacular setting. The brunch was excellent. We would highly recommend the Mill to any looking for something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceYummDined on 9/7/2014Our waitress was wonderful! Very attentive but didn't make us feel rushed. The food was very fresh and full of flavour. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Sisters lunchkt13Dined on 9/3/2014Our sister was visiting us from New Zealand so my other sister who lives on the Hamilton Mountain suggested we meet at the Old Mill. We requested the back corner of the restaurant where the waterfall is. When we arrived at 12:55 we were seated immediately at a perfect table as requested. We ordered a lovely bottle of New Zealand white wine. The waitress took our order when she poured our wine. Then she took the white wine bottle with her. We didn't see wine or food until 1:45. When the lunches came out, 2 of them were 10 minutes ahead of the third. We had to ask for our wine. We were not in a rush but certainly would have appreciated more attention. We all decided that it would be a while before we visited again.Special Features:
- Great place and very romanticrobmvDined on 8/31/2014I highly recommend this place for a romantic date and special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placeomtapaul81Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first time in the restaurant and e really enjoyed it. We got married in the outside chapel there last year and we wanted to celebrate our first year anniversary there and it was the best place we could have ever chosen. It was also great that we got a table on the side that I asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of my favouritesfavouriteDined on 8/31/2014The food, service, ambiance, setting - all fantastic. A great place to celebrate a special occasion. Can't wait to come again.Special Features:
- Always GreatScottinStGeorgeDined on 8/31/2014The brunch here is a great experience from top to bottom. We had our wedding reception here almost 20 years ago, which was amazing, and we were hooked for all kinds of dining. Top-quality food, great service, and especially a delight for kids: mine cheer when they hear we are going. Can't say enough good things about this place, it has always been a delight. Family photos by the waterfall are a bonus!Special Features:
- specialsandyDined on 8/29/2014never disappoints. Best location, atmosphere. Food very good. Very professional service.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceBrunchingDined on 8/24/2014We have been to the Old Mill numerous times for Brunch. It was my husbands birthday so our 2 teenagers came with us for the first time. There is a wide variety of food choices which we appreciate as we all have such different food preferences. The view from the restaurant is breath taking. The servers are all very professional and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Be prepared it is more expensive, not golden griddle prices, but it won't disappoint. Thank you for another wonderful Sunday Brunch 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic and Originalparty42Dined on 8/20/2014Great food, beautiful night, my wife and I enjoyed a personal and romantic dinner for our 9th anniversary with a view of a waterfall and gorgeous garden. I would be happy to go back to dine for our next event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Our server was incredibly knowledgeable and personable. She made the experience truly worthwhile, and as an employee of Landmark Group, I am honoured to work among such talented staff during my shifts. The food was delicious, and portion sizes were spot on. The view and setting is as iconic as ever, and as a whole, I would recommend a visit to the Mill to any of my friends and relatives planning on having a fantastic meal in future. Cheers, Mill Staff! ~Steve from Bread BarSpecial Features:
- fabulous dinnercmcdougallDined on 8/17/2014We came to the mill for our wedding anniversary on Sunday. It was overall a great experience. We love coming to the Mill and we will be back soon. Our server, Jon, is excellent and we hope to have him again. He has been our server twice now. Thank you for another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceweeklydinnerDined on 8/17/2014Our reservation was for 5:30, party of 9. We were seated right away and our water glasses filled. 20 minutes went by before we were offered drinks to start. After a long wait one of the members in our party went to request someone take our order, which they did immediately. Our food was very slow in coming. Once we had finished eating, our plates remained on our table for about 30 minutes before they were removed. At 8:15 the waiter asked if we would like our dessert but we informed him we were going to be too late and we requested our bill. He was kind enough to package the dessert which was included with our meals, for take home. We were there for an 80th birthday and 3 hours is way too long to sit for dinner for the elderly.Special Features:
- At long last...Kimmy1secretsDined on 8/17/2014I attended a wedding many years ago at the Ancaster Old Mill and thought it was a lovely venue. Many friends and family had shared over the years how great the Sunday Brunch is and how it is a great spot to celebrate a special occasion. I would like to plan an upcoming family occasion and wanted to attend brunch before hosting a special occasion brunch. I attended brunch on Sunday with a good friend and was seated by the waterfall and the view was stunning!! The food exceeded all my expectations and I really can not comment on 1 food item as I was so impressed by many. I am a food lover ...the salmon, pork tenderloin and chocolate fondue and whole dessert table was scrumptious. Thank you for a lovely food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the MillDineasyfor4Dined on 8/14/2014We have now had two lunches at the Mill, they were excellent, and the service outstanding. Our friends loved it and the dining room. The food was wonderful and so tasty. The staff were so friendly and seemed to bend over backward to assist you in all things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricDined on 8/14/2014It was my first visit, to meet a friend for lunch. Generally speaking the experience was good but somewhat expensive. The food was good and so was the service. However the noise level was quite high making a quiet conversation more than a little difficult. I drove 55Km to get to the restaurant and when I ask myself if I would do it again the answer would have to be "No." It was good but somewhat "run of the Mill." (pun intended)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014When we arrived at Ancaster Mill for our 5p.m. Reservation we were told to wait until dining room opened. They took us to our table. It was a bench table stuck in the corner and my Husband and I refused. The staff took us to another table set for 2 people.Our food was good but my steak was not done to perfection! When we got our bill I seen they had not given any reduction considering my steak wasn't done to my liking! I feel Ancaster Mill is overrated! We had a gift certificate! Still had to pay $75.00 and the gift certificate was for $75.00!!!! That was for 2 people and a glass of wine . I honestly don't think I would go back as it is very expensive and for what!!!! The dining room could do with a facelift!Special Features:
- Great Experience & Choice of FoodajohnsDined on 8/10/2014This was my first time at the Ancaster Mill - service was fantastic; thank you Darlene. The choice of food was out of this world, all of it was super fresh with lots of selection. We went for my nana's birthday and she had a fantastic time. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Worst restaurant I have r been toosugarbeachVIPDined on 8/9/2014We came on Saturday. August 9th, 2014 to celebrate my husband "s 57 th birthday. I should have waited and celebrated it in Las Vegas, where the service is always excellent and they go out of your way to make you feel special! Arrived at 7pm, hostess asked if we were celebrating anything special, I said yes my husband's 57th birthday. Never receiver birthday acknowledgement, also scallop appetizer way too salty and mojito undrinkable. My husband sent it back. Probably will not diner here again.
- Pretty flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014From the ultra fresh oysters, beautifully prepared charcuterie, perfectly cooked rib steaks and amazingly seared foie gras, the food is hard to fault. The service lives up to the food as well, we had great recommendations and perfect wine pairing from our server Steph and the manager Jon. We couldn't actually have been served any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Overall, we had a good time, but , for over $125.00 for brunch, I think the cost is a little steep. (Nb. Includes tax and tip). I don't know if I would go again anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion lunch at the Old MillsplunchDined on 7/23/2014Lovely venue. Excellent food and presentation. Outstanding service.Special Features:
- Great Family Brunchluv2brunchDined on 7/20/2014Have enjoyed the Mill and Spencer's for many a great brunch. Service is always great and the food delicious. Worth the money.Special Features:
- Excellent!vramakrishnanDined on 7/17/2014Ancaster Mill was definitely a great choice for my birthday! Excellent service, excellent food and a great view! Very enjoyable experience!Special Features: