Anastasia Restaurant and Bar
1640 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Anastasia Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anastasiabaltimore.com/
- Phone: (410) 534-6666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is served Monday-Friday from 11:00am to 2:00pm
Lunch is served Saturday-Sunday from 11:00am to 5:00pm
Dinner is served everyday from 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Our bar is open 'til 2:00am
Happy Hour everyday 5pm-8pm
30% off alcohol
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You’ll find no more congenial setting for your next private party or special event than Anastasia, with impeccable service offering a playful escape from the ordinary.
- Private Party Contact: Tracey Wise 41053466666x
- Entertainment: Club Anastasia, Baltimore's hottest nightspot in Fells Point on Thames Street. Late night, dancing to the music of our live Dj ensues.
DJ: 10pm - 2am, Friday and Saturday
- Special Events: Private Dining, Rehearsal Dinners.
A word from Anastasia Restaurant and Bar
Anastasia Restaurant and Bar is a place where you are reminded the American Dream can still be realized; the opulant décor, exotic cocktails & endulgant food inspire. Simple, yet elegant Italian fare is served while listening to the beats of Europe's thriving dance scene. Rare, Imported craft Italian beers on tap, fabulous regional Italian wines, and specialty cocktails inspired by exotic Italian fruits, like Sicilian Blood Oranges, crafted by Baltimore's Best Bartender. But it doesn't end there - Late night, dancing to the music of our live Dj ensues. Prints of Italian icons like Gia, Brando, Sophia Loren, Ferrari and Ducati,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anastasia Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)romantic (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Great food. Great time. I love dining here and I will return again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what you expectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Based on how the place looked and the more bar than restaurant atmosphere my date kept asking me if I was sure that I wanted to eat here. When the food came we were more than happy to forget about the noise and club behind us, everything was great and the portions for the pasta were huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot in FellsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Such a refreshing addition to the Fells food and nightlife scene. I came here on a Friday night for a special dinner with my fiancee and to try something new. We arrived relatively late but the staff was on point, the delicious food came out quickly, and the place had a great buzz. We stuck around long enough for the DJ to arrive, and I'm so glad we did! This place morphed into the best nightclub I've seen in 10 years in this city, and the best part? It's right here in Fells Point! I had the lupara rigatoni - amazing - and my fiancee had the steak and provolone panini, which was perfectly cooked and quite filling. Staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and the right kind of attentive. We will DEFINITELY be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I am not as familiar with the dining in Fells Point, so my friend and I decided to try something new. He is a big fan of pasta, so the menu sold him. He had the Lupara Rigatoni (sub fetuccini) and I tried blackened tuna for the first time in my life. It was exquisite! The layers of gourmet flavor had us both speechless, as we helped ourselves to each other's plates. Delicious. The service was seamless, as our second server informed us she'd be serving us because our server was required elsewhere. We will spread the word, and definitely be back. Truly, a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I had originally went to eat at Mezze. They changed the menu there and so I changed my direction and tried this place out. I have heard a lot about it as a dance club, but wow, the food here is REALLY GOOD! I got an entire loaf of bread while I looked over the menu and had a glass of their watermelon sangria - strong and de-lish! I chose the seafood linguini. Huge portion and a ton of shrimp and crab. I didn't have room for dessert, but indulged in another glass. Loved the space! The bartender was super nice and seemed very popular, ...good place to meet new people. I'll be back to try out their Karaoke night..why not? :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuffedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014The pasta is huge! My eyes were bigger than my stomach-that's okay-I didn't have to make lunch today. I came here after working out, and was hungry for carbs and saw the endless salad special on my jog to the gym. The bartender was super nice and knowlegable. The beer selection has gotten a lot better. I chose the German Oktoberfest. Super cold, great hops. I started with the calamari and thought I would kill a bowl of chicken penne, except that the portion is dbl what it used to be. Total bonus. The endless chopped salad was not skimpy and the croutons on it are out of this world! I ate at the bar which was not crowded, but filled up quickly with some really friendly people. I like the bigger portions and new daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not big menu selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/7/2014Menu selection was limited, no specials. Food was just ok, I got shrimp and crab with spaghetti , did not see any crab and only 3 pieces of shrimp and it had way to much red pepper flakes as I could not eat it, so I traded with my husband who had chicken with mushrooms-this to was just ok.Special Features:
- The following 548 reviews are from the Anastasia Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Bella!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014Our first visit to Anastasia. GREAT Italian food, generous - but not too large - servings and an intimate atmosphere. One small complaint, and it is a minor one, is that the service seemed a bit rushed. The entrees were delivered before all in our party had finished their salad and clearing the main course plates started before all in our party had completed their meal. Easily remedied. Would everyone in our party go back? ABSOLUTELY!!!!Special Features:
- New lunch menu is winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2014This review is for lunch only - however I've been to Anastasia for dinner and drinks before. The bar scene is super fun. I took a business contact to lunch at Anastasia and was very pleased with the meal we received. We started with the bruchetta sampler, which was a homerun. I had the seafood pasta for my entree and was very impressed. Many restaurants skimp on the seafood, but that's not the case with Anastasia! Very very pleased. My colleague had pizza, which she enjoyed immensely. In addition to the great food, the service was top-notch.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014My steak was awful. Lots of gristle. My wife's pasta was overcooked. Service was amateurish.Special Features:
- More bar/club than restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014The host and wait staff were very attentive if a little nervous. The bruschetta sampler appetizer was excellent. The steak was a little tough (gristle on side) but flavorful and pork was good and good sides. The portions were generous and prices were reasonable. We liked that you could do your own mix & match main course. Our concerns: 1) the gelatto sundae which was served in a tall glass was terrible -- no flavor and terrible texture, the sauce was hard against the side of the glass and they only had a regular spoon so you couldn't eat to the bottom (since it wasn't worth it we didn't try). 2) Noise level -- We had 8:30 p.m. dinner reservations and at 9:30 p.m. they cranked up the music and it went from lively to deafening.Special Features:
- Live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014I was surprised to find out they have a jazz musician on Tuesdays. It was very different. The food was great as always, I had the primavera this time and asked for the chef to make me a healthy version. He did. My friend is on a Paleo diet and they made her an entire meal off the menu. That was pretty cool. She had grilled lamb chops with Brussels sprouts and baby carrots. We stayed for the music-which was very different from the club stuff we've experienced on the weekends. The musician had a trumpet that lit up with lights and he played with no music sheets-completely off the cuff. Very cool. Now that we know there is something going on Tuesdays, we might make this a regular thing. Oh-best part-30% off our check-happy hour 'til 8pm! :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not care for experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014Did not live up to the Kali brand. Not a good dinner spot. Has a pick-up joint, club scene.Special Features:
- Spotty ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014The service was spotty...forgotten items, long time to check back on us, etc. The pork rigatone entree was delicious, except the portions were small. And when serving pasta, you can be a little more generous with the actual pasta. The caesar salad was also small & it lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Food wasn't that great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014Food wasn't that great. The atmosphere was too loud for dinner (before 10 pm). The restaurant was cold. Service was ok.Special Features:
- Anastasia's was a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014Anastasia's was a great experience! From the welcome to the exit, they made my Valentine's Day Dinner very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentine's Day and absolutely loved it! The staff was attentive and friendly, the food was amazing, and the drinks were reasonably priced. The Lamb Chops are AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Went there on Valentine's Day evening - is a very small venue, tables are set-up around the bar area which had several people there that were loud, so not exactly a romantic setting. The food was good, but you only got bread and the entre, no salad or sides were offered with it, which is not what I'm used to with Italian restuarants. The wait staff was very nice, but being kept busy by the noisy bar crowd. Was a bit pricy as well for what you got.Special Features:
- Place was great...kind ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Place was great...kind of empty for valentines but it was great overall. The nightclub was awesome and DJ was great. Will definitely go back to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacation from BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2014This place just gets better with each visit. Instead of a table we went to the bar and had a great time with friends there. The service was quick and friendly. The Manager sent out the caprese-which was amazing with sun dried tomatoes! We enjoyed 2 bottlse of Barolo and had no idea how long we had been there until the place cleared out and it seemed we were the only ones there around 10:15...then the place started getting packed with a younger crowd ready to dance. Lights for the dance floor came on and lights started moving with the music upstairs on the ceiling. It was pretty cool. By the end of our visit we all agreed that it definitely didn't feel like we were in Baltimore. The crowd was a big mix of young and old, but super FUN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best New Spot in Fells PointOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/24/2014The crab salad was unique and delicious. Loved the coziness of the bar. The flirtini martini was amazing. Wait staff was super attentive. Nice tables in corners for a bit more privacy. Great music and dancing. All in all a great girls night out hot spot.Special Features:
- What a disappointment, slowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/20/2014What a disappointment, slow to seat us , no hostess but it was empty.Way too dark . Portions very small. The beef tartar was $9.00 for a tablespoon of beef. The mussels and calamari were served lukewarm and without bread for the juice. The salads were in a small bowl with a wide rim giving the illusion there was more. My caesar had hunks of blue cheese in it , odd the other caesar did not. Again all the salads were $9 for a half cup. The lasagne was tasty but again no bread or anything else. I don't believ this place was advertised as a tapas place but I've had bigger portions for less money at a tapas place. Total bill over hundred bucks. Never go back and I am in a position to recommend restaurants in the area. Stay away!
- Up and ComingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014This restaurant is owned by a group with other restaurants in the area. Has great potential, but is very new and still finding it's way. The staff is trying to make things work. Food is good small portions. Service is sketchy, not sure who is doing what. Definitely under staffed for a Saturday night. Would give it another try later on when they have had time to figure things out.Special Features:
- Excellent pre-theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014We wanted a good dinner before The Vagabonds Theater "Harvey". Superb service (we were there at 6:30, clearly before the nightclub scene was revving up.) Best calamari in Baltimore, followed by good (smallish) salad, wonderful lupara rigatoni and very generous Florentine pizza. Excellent wine suggestions from knowledgeable and friendly waiter. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, but it seemsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Decent food, but it seems like they concentrated more on the ambiance than the comfort, as the chairs were uncomfortable and the tables were barely large enough to fit everything on. Also, there was a lapse in service for about 45 minutes, leaving us sitting with empty plates and glasses, and eagerly waiting for our check. I would not come back here for dinner, although the lounge area downstairs looked nice, and might be worth a visit for drinks.
- Meli is one of Baltimore'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Meli is one of Baltimore's nicest restaurants. It was our second visit and we were glad we returned. Food, atmosphere, service...all excellent.Special Features:
- Been here a few times, mostlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2012Been here a few times, mostly on the weekends to listen to the live jazz. Go here if you are looking for a good meal with great service in a modern setting. The chef isn't going to win any James Beard Awards any time soon but I've never had a complaint about any of the dishes I order. The service is usually on point. Haven't found a better jazz club than this in Baltimore.Special Features:
- excellent food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012The food was excellent but the service was poor. When we arrived we were only given 2 drink menus, no food menus. After ordering drinks the waiter read us the specials and asked if we were ready to order, and we had not even seen a menu yet. Also, it took forever to get bread (we had to ask them to bring it out), although the honey butter was delicious. The table next to us actually left because they never got service.Special Features:
- A must at Fells PointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2012What a fantastic find! The food and service were great, and the entertainment in the lounge was fabulous! Desserts are to die for! Although there are so many nice places at Fells Point, we'll definitely go back here. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- The wine list could be notableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2012The wine list could be notable but the waitstaff were unable to find the bottle we ordered. The bartender/server mixed up the vodka and the gin drinks. The music, both canned and live, was screechy as oppossed to melodic. The food was good but the restaurant lost points because everything else was so problematic.Special Features:
- First time back in a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012First time back in a couple years and menu has completely changed for the better. My server recommended the Ahi Tuna which was cooked to a perfect medium rare. My husband got the pork chop which looked delicious (I don't eat pork). We also started with the crab dip and their grilled caesar salad which were great. My husband and I love jazz and it's hard to find a nice place to enjoy good food and good entertainment. Well done Meli. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Beautiful interior with honey comb patterns around every corner. Downstairs is a stage were they have live music on the weekends and has a more lounge-like atmosphere. Even though we sat upstairs we could still here the music playing downstairs which was nice. Our server was very personable and knew the menu well. Of all the dishes we tried- and we tried a lot!- the highlights of the evening were the mini tuna sliders appetizer with a spicy asian sauce and the short rib entree. Very very tender and came with mini polenta cakes which were soft and moist. The portion sizes were great for the price of the meal. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2012While this was clearly one of my favorite restaurants, especially for brunch, I was sorely disappointed on this occasion. The menu was limited; on previous occasions, there were more choices. To add to the fact that there were only a few basic choices, many of the menu choices were unavailable, not sure why. Unfortunately, we ordered the crab cake sandwich; if the cake was mixed with crab meat, not sure what else it was mixed with. It did not taste or look like crab meat. Lastly, unlike the past, the place was empty at 1:30. While we were there, a party of four came in, but left shortly thereafter. I'm not sure if they ordered or what they ordered, but they did not stay long. Sorry to see the decline.
- In their downstairs room,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2012In their downstairs room, nice lounge where there is live music, mostly jazz. Great night out with the hubby!! The wait staff was very knowledgeable and extremely nice and attentive. Would definitely go back and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The food was good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2012The food was good but not exciting. The flavors could have had a bit more punch.
- shelby on her bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012food was excellent,service was great,music was good.Service was excellent and on time.Special Features:
- Food was very good. LimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/8/2012Food was very good. Limited wine list, but very good wine. Wines slightly overpriced. Ambience was great. Live jazz downstairs was wonderful, though made talking difficult. The chairs were horrible, and the size and shape of the tables made it awkward to eat. The honey ribboned butter was a nice touch. The hostess, bartender and waitstaff were wonderful.Special Features:
- Jazz lounge and dining downstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2012Jazz lounge and dining downstairs on Fri/Sat, restaurant upstairs, small bar but well stocked with good ingredients and good bartenders.Special Features:
- Always love Meli and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2012Always love Meli and have been back a couple of times, but had a bad experience this time. Had a very short time to eat and dine. Thought we would stop in and order some appetizers and leave in under 30 minutes. We only ordered the crab dip (awesome) and soup. Our food took 35 minutes to come to the table, which was very annoying since the items we ordered are normally appetizers. I think this was a one time occurrence and hope so as I like and have recommended Meli before....I will most likely head back sometime.
- decor was warm and invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012decor was warm and inviting service was slow on the drinks especially.Special Features: