Anaheim White House
887 South Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Anaheim White House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/
- Phone: 7147721381x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Dinner 5:00PM to 9:00 PM Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Eddie Meza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: White House Catering brings the same degree of excellence to your event, wherever it might be (we've catered as far away as Atlanta, Moscow and even Bora Bora) and whatever the size (whether you are planning an intimate gathering or want to feed a small army in style).
We will work with you and your budget to customize exactly what you want. We know that you will be pleased with the professionalism, attention to detail and unique presentation of what many have come to consider the most trusted name in the catering business.
Visit us at www.whcatering.com or call 714-396-6811.
- Private Party Facilities: The Anaheim White House occupies a lovely 1909 home with twelve different dining areas. From groups of 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 even up to 250 we can help. We offer menus from $28.95 per person. Please contact the restaurant for more information
- Private Party Contact: Julianne 7147721381x11
- Special Events: Wedding Capabilities from 50 to 120 guests. Visit www.anaheimwhitehousewedding.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
A word from Anaheim White House
Anaheim White House occupies a lovely turn of the century(c. 1909) home. The menu features fresh seafood and specialties influenced by proprietor Bruno Serato's frequent trips to his hometown of Verona, Italy. Zagat says "Absolutely outstanding".."excellent" Northern Italian fare".."superb service.. always an experience." The restaurant is included in Epicurean Rendezvous' "100 Best Restaurants in Southern California", received five stars from "Southern California Restaurant Writers" and Best service from "OC Restaurant Association". The wine list features over 200 Californian and European wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Anaheim White House - Best Restaurants in Anaheim ›
Anaheim White House reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (30)romantic (28)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (10)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Yum!BakoGirlDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I both were pleased to partake in the "lower calorie" menu. We chose an appetizer, (he had talapia and I had pasta), which was followed by a salad, and entree (we both had the steak with vegetables), and a berry dessert. Delicious! (and we were thrilled to not over do in the calorie dept!) The place was lively and busy and I would go again. The menu is varied and service was great, even though the place was full. The tuxedo napkin was unexpected and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Elegant ! From the hostess who greets you at the reservations podium, to the attention and service of the servers, a choice of wines for a demanding palette right down to the quality and taste of the food a 5 star review from everyone in our party of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DC White House Should Take LessonsBigEVIPDined on 10/16/2014The tiramisu is off the charts. What the owners do for the community, providing over 1,000 free meals to the needy, is amazing! Be sure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryfoodfanatic88Dined on 10/10/2014Another anniversary booked for the Anaheim White House and another great experience. Time and time again this place has impressed with its beautifully set tables and ambiance and the terrific service from the entire staff. The food is always great and they always treat everyone with nothing but class. I look forward to many future anniversary and birthday visits to this amazing restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KristiDined on 10/3/2014From the time you enter you know you are in for a special treat. Food presentations and quality score a 10+! Staff are warm, welcoming, knowledgable and competent. Overall--excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Show MealJermoDined on 9/26/2014Dined at the White House prior o attending a show at the Grove. Great experience all around. Should have told the server that we had to be out at a certain time as we didn't allow enough time to finish my meal before having to leave for the show but that was my bad. Servers couldn't have been more polite or friendly. Food was excellent as was the whole ambiance. Looking forward to returning in the future and leaving enough ime to fully enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- love this placereggieDined on 9/5/2014The food is great and I love the staff. They always try to keep the menu updated and new.Special Features:
- great placereggieDined on 9/3/2014the food was excellent and the menu is always being updated. great place with great staff.Special Features:
- Romantic spot in AnaheimDrGOVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was terrific. Cocktails even better; the classics well represented here. Be sure and order the Grand Marnier/Chocolate souffle when you order dinner; the combo was fantastic.Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointingDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to this restaurant and we were expecting a very special experience based on reviews, extensive menu choices and ambiance. We were surprised to be rushed through the ordering process as our reservation was for 8 pm and very few other patrons were being seated at that time. Our server tried hard but was not helpful regarding menu choices or informative about the size of the entrees. We would have ordered more food had we known. Food was overall, mediocre and overpriced for the portion size. I was sorry that I hadn't chosen Ruth's Chris or Morton's but I was informed that this place was superior. Not true.
- Elegant and DeliciousocfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Everyone in our party loved their meals and the appetizers - the selections were awesome, although pricey, but well worth it. I had the health conscious prix fix, choosing the petit filet and it was perfectly dne and seasoned (although I did take a scoop of the garlic mash and sauted mushroom sides - hard not to!!!). The owner and head Chef Bruno came by and asked how everything was, which is always a treat. I highly recommend this place for special nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/4/2014While I can appreciate vintage, this place needs an update. Food was just okay this time, service was very good but the place was empty.
- the white houseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/22/2014It was my first time there - excellent from the napkins, to the service to the fabulous food!Special Features:
- Great ServicebeardeddinerDined on 7/15/2014The way a restaurant is represented relies a lot on their staff, and the White House has some of the best around. Our waiter (Lucas) was very knowledgeable about every question we had about the menu, and the food was amazing. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its bestAlanDined on 7/11/2014The food (from appetizer to salad to entrée), service, and conversation with staff is top notch. Bruno does an incredible job of offering the best in class food, as well as ensuring he or his staff attend to each guest to ensure they are satisfied with their dining experience. Because we live in New Jersey, we are limited in the times we can travel to Anaheim so we make sure it is where we dine, the first Friday evening of our annual vacation to the area. We have been dining at the Anaheim White House for the past 14 years and will continue to do so. If you eat deserts, you have to order the Soufflé. Like the entrees and appetizers, the Soufflé is out of this world. Anaheim White House is THE place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a dining treatlive2eatDined on 6/30/2014We had two seafood dishes (Sand Daps and Sea Bass) both were spectacular. The presentation of the salads and entrees was exceptional! This will be my favorite restaurant in the Anaheim area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not just old school..plain just oldwilling2tryDined on 6/28/2014Started out like it was going to be a good night. Appetizers were good and so was the wine we picked. Service started to tank after that we were the first party seated the last to get our order and it was incomplete. Then took forever to get bill and pay...it made and okay experience bad. as we were finally walking out bugs were on the floor..big black ones.Special Features:
- Oops!!!!! What Happened?????igetaroundVIPDined on 6/28/2014We took my son and his girlfriend for dinner. It was her first visit. The service from the kitchen was AWFUL!!! It took 30 minutes to get our salads. Not sure what happened as the servers would not give any explanation when we questioned why everyone in our room who came in AFTER we did was served their dinners and where was ours. It then took one and a half hours to get our entrees. They brought 2 appetizers to make nice. Plus they gave us one dessert to share. As I said there was no real explanation given. The server at one point retook our orders after bringing us the wrong entrees. Just sorry our guest had a bad first dining experience. Not a good first impression.Special Features:
- Dr. RazonrafaelDined on 6/24/2014Overall experience was excellent. Food, service, etc. Planning to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 731 reviews are from the Anaheim White House reviews archive.
- Excellentpinkster70Dined on 6/20/2014When you want the best, great food and great service, this is your placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectPlushieboyDined on 6/18/2014We make sure our special occassions are spent here. The staff is attentive, and they made my daughter feel special for celebrating her milestone with them. The food is always perfect, and they know how to do pasta the way pasta is supposed to be done. Simple things are noticed and I can't recommend enough a night at the White House.Special Features:
- Culinary works of artsweetmeltDined on 6/17/2014I was very impressed with how their food was presented - they looked good and was delicious too. We went there for lunch and the prices were very reasonable. The filet mignon was served with a foot tall Leaning Tower of Pisa cracker and the white fish came with a huge butterfly cracker. I chose the pre-fixe meal and it came with salad and dessert for less than $20.Special Features:
- Timelessmonkey1886Dined on 6/15/2014Been dining here for over 20 years. Service is always impeccable and the food is always fabulous. Love the house and the history behind it. I was fortunate enough to be able to shake the hand of the great man who owns and runs this amazing place when I came in for Father's Day brunch with my father. Bruno was warm and inviting as always. Thank you Anaheim White House for never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Went here for Father's Day Brunch and had a delicious meal. The only strange thing about their brunch is that you order off a menu; one appetizer, one entree and one dessert and the appetizers are only lunch items. For example; soup, salad, gnocchi, etc so it makes for a strange combination when you order pancakes or waffles.Special Features:
- Lovely place and great food..but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/5/2014I had dinner at this restaurant over 7 years ago and loved it so much that I wanted to enjoy an evening in celebration of our 24th anniversary with my husband. We do not live in the area, so when we planned to be in Newport Beach for a week, I was excited to share an evening there. Upon entering the restaurant ,we were taken aback by the very strong fish odor. It was strong enough that we almost decided to leave. But we decided to stay as we had taken a very expensive cab ride to get there. As the evening progressed, we did enjoy very good service and delicious food, but couldn't quite overcome the strong odor. We did mention it to the gentleman at the front desk when we were leaving. He was very concerned and listened intently.
- sjckDined on 6/3/2014Love this place! It's great for a special night out. Staff is stellar. Food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014We went on Sunday and they only serve their Sunday Brunch, which we didn't know, so the options were limited. That being said, the food was good. Not amazing, but solid. I would like to go back and try it when it is their regular menu. The servers were very nice and helpful when you asked for something and kept the mimosa's coming, however overall service was a bit slow. But we had a special cake and they took care of it for us with out an extra fee and even added a chocolate covered strawberry to everyone's plate. Thank you!Special Features:
- mehmojojojoDined on 5/24/2014Musky mildew smell throughout the restaurant. Decor was nice, service excellent. The wine list is small and unimpressive, not in line with the atmosphere. The dining menu was the same. Good portions, not terribly expensive, but osso was bland, fatty and mushy.Special Features:
- Interesting Findluv2dineDined on 5/17/2014Interesting is the best word. You are eating in redesigned bedrooms of the original home. Design is from an older period but that was ok with me. The food and wine are a great variety and the specials were unique and tasty. Osso Buco was my dinner choice which was tasty but not right for my taste buds. Maybe I mixed too many flavors. Can not go wrong with the steaks. I had some of my wife's New York which was awesome. We tried the chocolate mashed potatoes and it did not do anything for us. We left most of it. Again I think we tried too many flavors. If it was just with the salmon as intended I am sure fantastic. We will surely go again and keep the courses more simple. I think we did too much too fast. Service was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- escargot anyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2014This place was recommended to me by a colleague and I'm so glad we went. Any place that still serves escargot is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A timeless ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014We first visited 7 years ago from Australia and on this visit nothing has changed. The food is still great as is the service and wine list. We felt the signature desert, the JACKIE O was not as good as last time, due to the petite fours not being as goodSpecial Features:
- rude asst managergfysDined on 5/11/2014I had to send my filet back it was cold and way under cooked. After paying the 200.00 bill. As we exited I advised the manager and he said Im NOT going to apologize and that my expectations were too high and suggested I should go back to Mortons. I would never go back to the white house. ...
- Good food - work on the staffgetyourvalueVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was good and hostess was accommodating. Had a real mix of service levels by the wait people, pointing to a training or selection issue. Some where friendly and responsive, others acted like they'd rather be at a funeral and forgetful. Only issue with any items brought to the table was that the soup was luke warm and coffee at end of the meal was cold - and I mean COLD.... Food was enjoyable, but for the premium, expect higher caliber wait people.Special Features:
- Old world throw backBobbyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Felt like a 40 year step back in time. $50 a person without alcohol. If your 70 plus, you'll love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoboVIPDined on 5/10/2014Our first time to this restaurant. We don't live in the area but were attending the "Stars on Ice" at the Honda Center. The Prime Rib was perfectly cooked to our taste. We had excellent service. Would definitely return on another occasion when I attend another event in the area.Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 5/4/2014This is a great place to take a date or to go for a special occasion. The food is wonderful, the staff has good service and the ambiance is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smells old:(BusinesstravelerDined on 5/3/2014The smell inside the building reminded me of a nursing home. Lots of old fabrics are holding in musty smells. Open a window!! Wash the curtains! The good was decent and the service was good but it was hard to notice those things due to the stench.
- Superb FoodCarolTVIPDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I go here a couple of times a year and the few is always good but this time!! I had the crab stuffed calamari - cooked perfectly and delicious. My husband got the braised ribs - so tender! Service was excellent as usual: they are very good at setting the pace and the right level of attentiveness and they are not stuffy. Love this place.Special Features:
- Service was EXCELENT food was GREATBenifanVIPDined on 5/2/2014Service was seriously AMAZING!! Everyone was so friendly and kind and made u feel at home. Food was delicious! And the way its served in this fine form was just the cherry on top. The reason im giving 4 stars and not five is because there is absolutely no view. No windows. Nothing. Yes its an elegant place but just not was I expected. All u see is a bunch of people all around you. A bit crowded. Other than that, great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ParadiseRonSDined on 5/1/2014Great experience, drinks were good, the food even better. Enjoyed the ambiance, if you are in Anaheim, it's a must place for dinner. Coming from the East Coast, it was nice to dine in such a upscale Resturant at a fair price for food and drinks. If we are ever back in this area, we will return for a second visit. Staff well trained.Special Features: