Anaheim White House
887 South Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Anaheim White House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/
- Phone: 7147721381
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Dinner 5:00PM to 9:00 PM Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Eddie Meza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: White House Catering brings the same degree of excellence to your event, wherever it might be (we've catered as far away as Atlanta, Moscow and even Bora Bora) and whatever the size (whether you are planning an intimate gathering or want to feed a small army in style).
We will work with you and your budget to customize exactly what you want. We know that you will be pleased with the professionalism, attention to detail and unique presentation of what many have come to consider the most trusted name in the catering business.
Visit us at www.whcatering.com or call 714-396-6811.
- Private Party Facilities: The Anaheim White House occupies a lovely 1909 home with twelve different dining areas. From groups of 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 even up to 250 we can help. We offer menus from $28.95 per person. Please contact the restaurant for more information
- Private Party Contact: Julianne 7147721381x11
A word from Anaheim White House
Anaheim White House occupies a lovely turn of the century(c. 1909) home. The menu features fresh seafood and specialties influenced by proprietor Bruno Serato's frequent trips to his hometown of Verona, Italy. Zagat says "Absolutely outstanding".."excellent" Northern Italian fare".."superb service.. always an experience." The restaurant is included in Epicurean Rendezvous' "100 Best Restaurants in Southern California", received five stars from "Southern California Restaurant Writers" and Best service from "OC Restaurant Association". The wine list features over 200 Californian and European wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anaheim White House reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (33)romantic (30)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (14)good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- love this placereggieDined on 9/5/2014The food is great and I love the staff. They always try to keep the menu updated and new.Special Features:
- great placereggieDined on 9/3/2014the food was excellent and the menu is always being updated. great place with great staff.Special Features:
- Romantic spot in AnaheimDrGOVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was terrific. Cocktails even better; the classics well represented here. Be sure and order the Grand Marnier/Chocolate souffle when you order dinner; the combo was fantastic.Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointingDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to this restaurant and we were expecting a very special experience based on reviews, extensive menu choices and ambiance. We were surprised to be rushed through the ordering process as our reservation was for 8 pm and very few other patrons were being seated at that time. Our server tried hard but was not helpful regarding menu choices or informative about the size of the entrees. We would have ordered more food had we known. Food was overall, mediocre and overpriced for the portion size. I was sorry that I hadn't chosen Ruth's Chris or Morton's but I was informed that this place was superior. Not true.
- Elegant and DeliciousocfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Everyone in our party loved their meals and the appetizers - the selections were awesome, although pricey, but well worth it. I had the health conscious prix fix, choosing the petit filet and it was perfectly dne and seasoned (although I did take a scoop of the garlic mash and sauted mushroom sides - hard not to!!!). The owner and head Chef Bruno came by and asked how everything was, which is always a treat. I highly recommend this place for special nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/4/2014While I can appreciate vintage, this place needs an update. Food was just okay this time, service was very good but the place was empty.
- the white houseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/22/2014It was my first time there - excellent from the napkins, to the service to the fabulous food!Special Features:
- Great ServicebeardeddinerDined on 7/15/2014The way a restaurant is represented relies a lot on their staff, and the White House has some of the best around. Our waiter (Lucas) was very knowledgeable about every question we had about the menu, and the food was amazing. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its bestAlanDined on 7/11/2014The food (from appetizer to salad to entrée), service, and conversation with staff is top notch. Bruno does an incredible job of offering the best in class food, as well as ensuring he or his staff attend to each guest to ensure they are satisfied with their dining experience. Because we live in New Jersey, we are limited in the times we can travel to Anaheim so we make sure it is where we dine, the first Friday evening of our annual vacation to the area. We have been dining at the Anaheim White House for the past 14 years and will continue to do so. If you eat deserts, you have to order the Soufflé. Like the entrees and appetizers, the Soufflé is out of this world. Anaheim White House is THE place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a dining treatlive2eatDined on 6/30/2014We had two seafood dishes (Sand Daps and Sea Bass) both were spectacular. The presentation of the salads and entrees was exceptional! This will be my favorite restaurant in the Anaheim area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not just old school..plain just oldwilling2tryDined on 6/28/2014Started out like it was going to be a good night. Appetizers were good and so was the wine we picked. Service started to tank after that we were the first party seated the last to get our order and it was incomplete. Then took forever to get bill and pay...it made and okay experience bad. as we were finally walking out bugs were on the floor..big black ones.Special Features:
- Oops!!!!! What Happened?????igetaroundVIPDined on 6/28/2014We took my son and his girlfriend for dinner. It was her first visit. The service from the kitchen was AWFUL!!! It took 30 minutes to get our salads. Not sure what happened as the servers would not give any explanation when we questioned why everyone in our room who came in AFTER we did was served their dinners and where was ours. It then took one and a half hours to get our entrees. They brought 2 appetizers to make nice. Plus they gave us one dessert to share. As I said there was no real explanation given. The server at one point retook our orders after bringing us the wrong entrees. Just sorry our guest had a bad first dining experience. Not a good first impression.Special Features:
- Dr. RazonrafaelDined on 6/24/2014Overall experience was excellent. Food, service, etc. Planning to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentpinkster70Dined on 6/20/2014When you want the best, great food and great service, this is your placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectPlushieboyDined on 6/18/2014We make sure our special occassions are spent here. The staff is attentive, and they made my daughter feel special for celebrating her milestone with them. The food is always perfect, and they know how to do pasta the way pasta is supposed to be done. Simple things are noticed and I can't recommend enough a night at the White House.Special Features:
- Culinary works of artsweetmeltDined on 6/17/2014I was very impressed with how their food was presented - they looked good and was delicious too. We went there for lunch and the prices were very reasonable. The filet mignon was served with a foot tall Leaning Tower of Pisa cracker and the white fish came with a huge butterfly cracker. I chose the pre-fixe meal and it came with salad and dessert for less than $20.Special Features:
- Timelessmonkey1886Dined on 6/15/2014Been dining here for over 20 years. Service is always impeccable and the food is always fabulous. Love the house and the history behind it. I was fortunate enough to be able to shake the hand of the great man who owns and runs this amazing place when I came in for Father's Day brunch with my father. Bruno was warm and inviting as always. Thank you Anaheim White House for never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Went here for Father's Day Brunch and had a delicious meal. The only strange thing about their brunch is that you order off a menu; one appetizer, one entree and one dessert and the appetizers are only lunch items. For example; soup, salad, gnocchi, etc so it makes for a strange combination when you order pancakes or waffles.Special Features:
- Lovely place and great food..but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/5/2014I had dinner at this restaurant over 7 years ago and loved it so much that I wanted to enjoy an evening in celebration of our 24th anniversary with my husband. We do not live in the area, so when we planned to be in Newport Beach for a week, I was excited to share an evening there. Upon entering the restaurant ,we were taken aback by the very strong fish odor. It was strong enough that we almost decided to leave. But we decided to stay as we had taken a very expensive cab ride to get there. As the evening progressed, we did enjoy very good service and delicious food, but couldn't quite overcome the strong odor. We did mention it to the gentleman at the front desk when we were leaving. He was very concerned and listened intently.
- sjckDined on 6/3/2014Love this place! It's great for a special night out. Staff is stellar. Food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 724 reviews are from the Anaheim White House reviews archive.
- It was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014We went on Sunday and they only serve their Sunday Brunch, which we didn't know, so the options were limited. That being said, the food was good. Not amazing, but solid. I would like to go back and try it when it is their regular menu. The servers were very nice and helpful when you asked for something and kept the mimosa's coming, however overall service was a bit slow. But we had a special cake and they took care of it for us with out an extra fee and even added a chocolate covered strawberry to everyone's plate. Thank you!Special Features:
- mehmojojojoDined on 5/24/2014Musky mildew smell throughout the restaurant. Decor was nice, service excellent. The wine list is small and unimpressive, not in line with the atmosphere. The dining menu was the same. Good portions, not terribly expensive, but osso was bland, fatty and mushy.Special Features:
- Interesting Findluv2dineDined on 5/17/2014Interesting is the best word. You are eating in redesigned bedrooms of the original home. Design is from an older period but that was ok with me. The food and wine are a great variety and the specials were unique and tasty. Osso Buco was my dinner choice which was tasty but not right for my taste buds. Maybe I mixed too many flavors. Can not go wrong with the steaks. I had some of my wife's New York which was awesome. We tried the chocolate mashed potatoes and it did not do anything for us. We left most of it. Again I think we tried too many flavors. If it was just with the salmon as intended I am sure fantastic. We will surely go again and keep the courses more simple. I think we did too much too fast. Service was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- escargot anyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2014This place was recommended to me by a colleague and I'm so glad we went. Any place that still serves escargot is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A timeless ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014We first visited 7 years ago from Australia and on this visit nothing has changed. The food is still great as is the service and wine list. We felt the signature desert, the JACKIE O was not as good as last time, due to the petite fours not being as goodSpecial Features:
- rude asst managergfysDined on 5/11/2014I had to send my filet back it was cold and way under cooked. After paying the 200.00 bill. As we exited I advised the manager and he said Im NOT going to apologize and that my expectations were too high and suggested I should go back to Mortons. I would never go back to the white house. ...
- Good food - work on the staffgetyourvalueVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was good and hostess was accommodating. Had a real mix of service levels by the wait people, pointing to a training or selection issue. Some where friendly and responsive, others acted like they'd rather be at a funeral and forgetful. Only issue with any items brought to the table was that the soup was luke warm and coffee at end of the meal was cold - and I mean COLD.... Food was enjoyable, but for the premium, expect higher caliber wait people.Special Features:
- Old world throw backBobbyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Felt like a 40 year step back in time. $50 a person without alcohol. If your 70 plus, you'll love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoboVIPDined on 5/10/2014Our first time to this restaurant. We don't live in the area but were attending the "Stars on Ice" at the Honda Center. The Prime Rib was perfectly cooked to our taste. We had excellent service. Would definitely return on another occasion when I attend another event in the area.Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 5/4/2014This is a great place to take a date or to go for a special occasion. The food is wonderful, the staff has good service and the ambiance is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smells old:(BusinesstravelerDined on 5/3/2014The smell inside the building reminded me of a nursing home. Lots of old fabrics are holding in musty smells. Open a window!! Wash the curtains! The good was decent and the service was good but it was hard to notice those things due to the stench.
- Superb FoodCarolTVIPDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I go here a couple of times a year and the few is always good but this time!! I had the crab stuffed calamari - cooked perfectly and delicious. My husband got the braised ribs - so tender! Service was excellent as usual: they are very good at setting the pace and the right level of attentiveness and they are not stuffy. Love this place.Special Features:
- Service was EXCELENT food was GREATBenifanVIPDined on 5/2/2014Service was seriously AMAZING!! Everyone was so friendly and kind and made u feel at home. Food was delicious! And the way its served in this fine form was just the cherry on top. The reason im giving 4 stars and not five is because there is absolutely no view. No windows. Nothing. Yes its an elegant place but just not was I expected. All u see is a bunch of people all around you. A bit crowded. Other than that, great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ParadiseRonSDined on 5/1/2014Great experience, drinks were good, the food even better. Enjoyed the ambiance, if you are in Anaheim, it's a must place for dinner. Coming from the East Coast, it was nice to dine in such a upscale Resturant at a fair price for food and drinks. If we are ever back in this area, we will return for a second visit. Staff well trained.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 4/27/2014The Anaheim White House falls a little short of being an outstanding fine dinning experience. The ambiance lacked real candles and flowers on the table. The bread was not particularly fresh nor warm. The entrees we had were good but lacked the flavor and flare to make then truly outstanding. The service was very good. Overall the experience was somewhat between good and very good, but certainly not exception. If you are looking for a good meal at a moderately high price, then the Anaheim White is recommended. However if you are looking for a truly exceptionally fine dining experience, look elsewhere.
- Love2eatDined on 4/20/2014The hostesses were very friendly, seated us promptly. The waiter assisted us with the menu, offered suggestions . We had to ask several times for our drinks. Excellent service from the bread waiter and water. Our salads were beautifully served- tasted wonderful. Our entrée was slow to arrive. After serving us our server disappeared, we were unable to tell him the potatoes were COLD and our entrée although very tasty and beautifully presented was lukewarm. He finally came when it was time for dessert. When we told the him, his comment was "we should have told them" "We replied "but no one came over to check so there was no one to tell". . We did have a lovely time, the restaurant was quite so you could visit without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unusual but disappointingIamtherefordinnerDined on 4/20/2014interesting and unusual restaurant. I thought that Brunch was a buffet. but it was a 3 course meal, I came into the restaurant, already disappointed that I will not have too many choices for my brunch menu. The grounds were pretty, but no real grass just turf. reception was warm & friendly. sat upstairs, but it smelled musty. Our waitress was attentive but not very friendly. The menu selection was not special, just normal fare, but had flair in the presentation with a replica of the Tower of Pisa and a big butterfly made of dough to decorate the plates. food was lukewarm. small portion. Dessert was a choice of sliver of cake , small cream puffs or marmalade crepe which was too sweet. a Place where you go once and don't return.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchGymgirlDined on 4/20/2014My daughter and I went to the White House for Easter brunch not knowing it was prix fixe. I was a expecting a"traditional" brunch where you have a large variety of foods to choose from. The selection was pretty good considering it was three courses. I was pleased to have (possibly the owner or chef or maybe he was one in the same) stop by our table to greet us and ask how the meal was. The food was great and the presentation was beautiful. I would recommend dining here. The ambience is definitely reminiscent of old world Italy.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 4/20/2014The brunch menu looked very attractive. Indeed, the appetizers and entrees created great expectations. Sadly, the food was mediocre. The salads were quite ordinary--the ceasar, for example, was flavorless. The prime rib was lacking in flavor and loaded with fat and gristle. The peppered hanger steak was devoid of any pepper and was tougher than that cut of beef should have been. The stuffed chicken breast was quite good, however. All entrees were accompanied by flavorless (probably instant) mashed potatoes. Desserts were O.K. but nothing special. Service by a young and enthusiastic staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White HouseMarciDined on 4/19/2014The food was great as was the service. It's a special occasion type of place. I had read about the decor being over the top. It's their theme. It's a restaurant! Decor was interesting and made for conversation. I'd go back (I'm not eating the decor, it's about the good food.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.