Anacapri - Pinecrest
12669 S. Dixie Hwy.
Pinecrest, FL 33156Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Anacapri - Pinecrest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anacaprifood.com/
- Phone: (305) 443-8388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Ribero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Let us host your special event at Anacapri on Ponce and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Our private party facility seats up to 70 and can be reserved with anticipation for your private event. Whatever your group requires, please allow us to assist you in making every detail of your special occasion exceptional in every way. Our warm hospitality, sophisticated atmosphere, and commitment to impeccable service make Anacapri Restaurant the ideal venue for your social and professional gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Anacapri 3054438388
A word from Anacapri - Pinecrest
Anacapri’s Italian cuisine is full of the kind of simple, unforgettable dishes that keep regulars coming back. The casual but fine-dining atmosphere will provide you with the perfect venue whether you’re out for a romantic evening or celebrating with your friends. It is elegant yet familiar and once you’re here, you’re family. As the past, present, and future generation in Italian food, Anacapri’s cuisine will never go out of style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Anacapri - Pinecrest - Best Restaurants in Pinecrest ›
Anacapri - Pinecrest reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (18)special occasion (14)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Mil10Dined on 11/13/2014Took my husband for his birthday. Great food won't go back the poor service outweighed the great food.Special Features:
- NOT noisy (see review)SylarDined on 11/11/2014OpenTable page today only accepts Noisy rating. Place is NOT noisy. Superlative service from caring professional staff. Food excellent. Chicken, fish, risotto. Followed by very good desserts - chocolate cake, almond tort and I forget - when we should not have indulged, given all we ate before sweet time. We wallowed from a little before 1PM reservation and closing of lunch period. Honestly, I could have stayed over and start all over again on opening the dinner period. Place is a gem, half restaurant, half store.. As I understand it, the original Anacapri. It's the best, as the Coral Gables "branch" is bigger, much noisier, ehh food and mediocre service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time has pastJDogVIPDined on 11/6/2014It was great years ago but now is just average. Done with them. Reviews that give it praise are simply unfortunate. Time to move on.
- Very Comfortable ExperienceFredFoodieDined on 11/4/2014Anacapri has great food, wine and service. Above that, it is a warm place...feels like you are visiting friends or relatives. Greeted with a smile, no pressure, no hurry, and just a nice place to eat while enjoying some of the best food in town. We always bring our friends here and they love it. They will help with food choices or wine, just an awesome place. My long time favorite. Great deals on Tuesdays and Wednesdays!!Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Have been to this restaurant before and am still blown away. The staff is knowledgeable, helpful and effective. The food is absolutely delicious and the portions are appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodTLeevDined on 10/24/2014Love, love this neighborhood gem. It's a favorite of ours and we frequent Anacapri often either eating at the restaurant or with take out. Yummy food and great service.Special Features:
- Excellent.Foodie57Dined on 10/21/2014Food is fabulous. Service excellent. Great for accommodating needs of diners. Honors special requests. You run into all your friends and neighbors; comfy and cozy feel. Pumpkin ravioli to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodKfamily4VIPDined on 10/10/2014Super menu and service. Not for the budget minded, but worth every dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Ana Capri is one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants...Their food is always delicious and the friendly atmosphere is the reason I dine there at least once a week. A must go!!! I promise you will get hooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointspsuejpDined on 9/19/2014My husband surprised me by choosing Anacapri for my birthday dinner this weekend. We had a lovely corner table and a view of the whole dining area. We watched as the tables filled with folks young and old who seemed to enjoy their time together as well as their food. This is a vibrant and enjoyable place to be. The food and wines we have chosen are always delicious, the service is attentive and knowledgeable and it's become one of our favorite places to be (we came here for our anniversary also). They make you feel welcome. Don't miss out!Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!TLeevDined on 9/11/2014We moved to FL recently and have visited both the Anacapri on Ponce and Anacapri in Pinecrest. We absolutely love the food and service. We are both Italian and love to cook, so it's nice to have a neighborhood gem to enjoy. Everything we have ordered has been delicious, although I wouldn't recommend the chicken marsala, it was a bit tangy. Other than that go enjoy a meal at Anacapri!Special Features:
- Outdated family restaurantLuckyNVIPDined on 8/29/2014It is a family and neighborhood restaurant, the decor is totally outdated , the service good, the kitchen slowly. The food ok.Special Features:
- Good main course , but ....SRRHRDined on 8/29/2014Bread ( packaged rolls )salad( small iceberg mostly ) mediocre . Fish fresh . Nice size portion of veal .Asparagus good . Way too loud . Waiters don't really speak English , and ours was definitely hard of hearing ( though he was young ). We asked for bread , and he repeated the name of a wine that almost rhymed . Be careful to order sauces and salad dressing "on the side ." Too much otherwise . We felt very rushed by waiters to eat and leave to turn over the table . Waiters seem to be told to clear the table, even while some at table still eating their meal ! That's rude .Special Features:
- BetteDined on 8/16/2014GREAT FOOD -GOING TO THIS RESTAURANT FOR ABOUT 25 YEARSSpecial Features:
- Terrific neighborhood ItalianBruceDined on 8/1/2014Really good, solid Italian food--easy to say, but never easy to do. The kitchen here consistently turns out all your favorite Italian food, and more, and has enough sense to keep a light touch on preparation, knowing that often simpler is better. A long-time area favorite.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Anacapri - Pinecrest reviews archive.
- It's ok, that's all.FrnkVIPDined on 7/26/2014Nothing special. Decent food and good service. Lot's of places like this.
- A gem!!BeckymDined on 7/22/2014This is always a great choice for dinner! Excellent menus, specials, everything!! Enjoy good wine, great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable food and serviceLadyJoDined on 7/20/2014We like Anacapri in Pinecrest for many reasons but its location and easy parking make it a go-to place. The menu is diverse enough that everyone can find something they like. We are especially fond of their soups. Our last visit we ordered the spicy grilled calamari and it was excellent but VERY spicy. A nice big perk is the attached Italian market. It is worth the trip just to peruse the imported foods.Special Features:
- Always spot onWarrenZDined on 7/20/2014I have been dining here for many years, I have never been disappointed, always have an exceptional meal and service, wine selection is outstanding, LOVE THIS PLACE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlovetoeatDined on 6/29/2014Excellent service, tasty food, generous portions, neighborhood place, great for catering, highly recommended. Prices are not cheap but not overpriced either. Desserts could be better and have more variety. Coffee was excellent.Special Features:
- TravellerDined on 6/28/2014Good food, pretty good service, nice and quiet. Subdued lighting helped. Very lovely neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteHappycustomerDined on 6/24/2014Ana Capri has been our family's favorite go to restaurant for all our special occasions. The food is outstanding and the service is a bit slow, but worth very good.Special Features:
- Delightful!psuejpDined on 6/18/2014We celebrated our 37th anniversary at Anacapri this week. We were warmly welcomed and given a table off to the side which was perfect for us. We had an attentive wait staff who met our every need. We started with a bottle of cabernet savingnon and had the bruchetta; then tricolor salad, shrimp scampi and the meaty rigatoni - all of which were delicious! We finished with a cannoli and cappuccinos. This was one of the nicest anniversary dinners we have had and we have eaten in some fancier places. It was how we were made to feel - very special and the delicious food that made the difference. Thank you Anacapri - we will be back!Special Features:
- DDKiddDined on 5/13/2014I have been eating here since they first opened and watched them grow. Now there is a Italian market & a wine bar. Often they have specials which are not expensive. So you have many choices from moderate price and up. Everything is prepared to order so special requests are available.Special Features:
- Poorly managedMiadiner1Dined on 5/11/2014Management advised us after arriving at 615 and waiting until 630 pm that we could not have the table that we reserved. The manager and waiter could care less and blamed us for being 10 minutes late . I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I will no longer support Ana Capri as they ruined our mother's day dinner. Beware....
- Always great!hdreviewVIPDined on 4/27/2014We have been going to this restaurant for many many years, and it is always great!Special Features:
- Excellent Neighborhood Findlikeit1Dined on 4/26/2014Can't go wrong. Service excellent. All dishes we've had have been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RipperRipperDined on 4/19/2014Unfortunately a screaming child put a damper on the evening. The child wa out of control and screamed for over 30 miinutes.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the FoodLove2EatOutVIPDined on 4/19/2014Though Anacapri is somewhat popular, or at least has been in the past, I was disappointed. The service was friendly and responsive and it's an attractive place, but the food could have easily been alot better. The side salads were tiny and uninspired. My daughter's linguine with clams was all canned clams with one "real" clam in the shell for decoration. My husband wasn't excited about his lasagne, and my orecchiette with broccoli rabe and sausage was almost entirely broccoli rabe (which I can only eat so much of!) and very little pasta or sausage. These problems could be solved with more thoughtfulness about the preparation of the dishes, and should be since the restaurant positions itself as serving genuine, gourmet Italian food.
- My Favorite Restaurant!GladDined on 3/11/2014The food is always excellent! The service is outstanding and the atmosphere ..it could be friendly...romantic...family oriented.... international... whatever you make of it and it is always very pleasant! The food is outstanding, any plate simple or complicated is great! If I have a chance to choose.... I would always pick Anacapri!Special Features:
- consistent with good valueskipDined on 2/23/2014We try and visit a couple of times a month. Have never been disappointed with the quality of consistency of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation was delayed, foodDissatisfied14Dined on 2/14/2014Reservation was delayed, food was delayed, staff seemed overwhelmed due to heavy traffic. Valenntine's dinner was not what we expected.Special Features:
- disappointedniki23Dined on 2/13/2014restaurant did not have our reservation down, got in anyway, but could have been badSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, excellent food.ConsistentVIPDined on 2/8/2014As always, excellent food. Service was a little slow this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014Food was great but service was not good at all. We had a reservation for 8 and the hostes kept sitting others before us and we didn't get seated till 830.Special Features:
- Tasted good,but..........OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014We brought 4 friends along for the Tuesday night $10 pasta specials. Four people got reasonable amounts of food. Two of us ordered lasagna and the servings were so small you might think they were appetizers. Also they were mostly melted cheese with a wee bit of pasta and filling. We ordered a glass of the house merlot without asking the price (mistake). $9 for a glass of the house is a bit much for us. We decided to look elsewhere next time. I will say that the food tasted very good. My wife spoke to the restaurant later over the phone and was told that that's the way it is.Special Features:
- No big dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014It was ok. One ate the sea bass was good. The other was the special it was a chicken w broccoli and asparagus that wasn't so good. I dont think ill ill return only because it wasn't amazing.Special Features:
- Service short of expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2014The waiters were not up to part, their english and presentation was not what i expected. we brought clients to the restaurant and i was a little embarrassed. the level of the help was not what it should be. The food was good.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014We had a fine dining experience. We enjoyed going to the adjoining wine shop to pick our wine and pay a $15 cordage fee! The veal parmesan was very good as was the shrimp far diabolo. We had great service, too. We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was very noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The restaurant was very noisy. It was difficult to hold a conversation. There were too many tables too close together in the room. Service was hurried.